PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe I Did It

laurie01
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I Can't Believe I Did It

I can't believe I actually did it. I went into a mainstream place dressed as a girl in front of hundreds of people. I was not able to do this alone. I was with another girl the whole time.I met with a girl at Burlington Coat Factory. She took some photos of me standing close to the entrance. I was wearing a black and white heart dress, a dark brown wig, a brown purse, and flats. I wear flats in public because it make me shorter and I feel more passable. As I was walking toward the entrance, I could feel the summer air blowing up underneith my dress and I love that feeling so much. I was very nervous as I seen other people walk out of the store. My friend gave me the confidence to overcome the fear.

As I walked through the automatic door, a man and a woman walked out. I turned my head as I walked past them. We were walking down the isle and I was avoiding eye contact with anyone. I felt more comfortable as we were looking at dresses. The clothing section seems to shield my body from other people. I heard giggleing a couple of times from other women, but they could be doing it from something completely different. I was holding thirteen dresses as I was walking toward the fitting room. I only liked two of them afterwards.

We both had to use the restroom. I never used a women's restroom before. We waited for the lady to come out then we went in and I came out as soon as I was done and then I waited by the door for my friend. I still turned the other way as people walked by.

We then went to check out. I walked up to the cashier as she called me up. I knew I was getting clocked so I said its my first time doing this in a total male voice as I smiled. She asked if I liked doing this and I told her I loved it as she smiled. She loved my nails and told me I do a much better job at painting them than she could. I just told her I just throw the polish on, but then my nails are always long naturally. My hands look very feminine when my nails are painted. Another employee walked by and looked into my eyes and we both smiled at each other like she knew I was a guy and totally accepted it as if she found me more attractive as a woman then as a man. That feeling was so awesome and I can't describe how good I felt. Then I got my change and receipt. As I was walking out of the store, I knew the cashier and other employees were checking me out. I was just too afraid to turn my head and find out.

My friend and I then drove off for some photos later.

It was a very scary but awesome experience. I will definitely do it again, but I will need another person with me.

Here are some photos of what I was wearing and different angles of me.

Genny B
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I would of never gave you a second look! You look gorgeous! Oh, and congratulations!
Genny B

petrahughes
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Great story thanks for sharing. You look stunning in them pics BTW

rachaelsloane
09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Congratulations on your outing and the more you go out, the more comfortable you will become. You didn't mention it, but after awhile, did you even remember you were out dressed? It is always good to have a partner in crime when out, but at some point you will adventure out on your own, if only to meet others. The other positive I see is that you are dressed so as not to bring unwanted attention.

PattiAllison
09-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Great job, Laurie! You look so cute in your photos! Next time will be even easier, I promise.
Hugs,
Patti

Cindy M
09-12-2013, 06:25 PM
You look very nice and it gets easier every time you go out. Once you let yourself out into the world... you'll never want to stop. Congrats!

Cindy

Leah Lynn
09-12-2013, 06:26 PM
You look marvelous! It should get easier with more experience, but it's always a lot more fun with someone else. Always remember, you're not doing anything wrong!!! It's okay, so own the moment. Look 'em in the eye and smile.

Went to a Burlington Coat Factory last month with another girl, then to a Famous Dave's for lunch. It was great! All, "Welcome, Ladies!" "Can I get you ladies something to drink?" "How are you girls doing?" What a great feeling.

Go out and enjoy!

Leah

Suzanne F
09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Way to go! It is one of the best experiences I have ever had. You will be out more and more, trust me! You looked very sweet.
Hugs
Suzanne

Marcelle
09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Congratulations Laurie. You look beautiful in your pictures.

Hugs

Isha

Rachel Morley
09-12-2013, 07:38 PM
I think you look really good. Perfect outfit to go mainstreaming. I know for myself that that feeling of acceptance from mainstream strangers is like no other. It's almost as if they want to see you presenting as female isn't it?

Melissa in SE Tn
09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
You look fantastic. Congrats on your debut!

Ashley_K
09-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Congrats! Hopefully I'm working up to that myself. I don't want to attract undue attention either--your cute dress and flats are perfect, and would be what I'd choose, too. My favorite line from Oceans 11 is that in order to get away with anything you're not really supposed to be doing (I understand being a CD shouldn't really be phrased like that, but stay with me here), "you've gotta be instantly likeable and instantly forgettable" at the same time. That will be my mantra when I finally get up the courage to do what you did. Thanks also for sharing your story about when you spoke in your male voice. I don't even know if I'd even try to fake it either if I knew I was being clocked, and that's one thing that scares me about going out in public, because I'm so talkative! How would I keep my mouth shut!

I went to a thrift store in drab and grabbed a few items once, and just KNEW that the lady at the register knew it was for me. At a retail store, you can play it off like it's a gift if you're in drab. At a thrift store, nope.

Ashley

Tara Power
09-12-2013, 07:44 PM
All you really needed to say was you and another girl went shopping in town. Nothing about it being your first time out, you wouldnt know you look so confident and happy. You look so great that it shouldn't be a problem going out ever again!

x

Jennaristow
09-12-2013, 08:00 PM
One day I would like to look half as presentable as you:):):):)

Emjay
09-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Awesome Laurie! You look great in your photos as usual and very passable, I'm so happy for you and glad you had a great experience!

BTW, nice choice of venue, Burlington has some nice stuff! :)

Hugs!

~Autumn

Julie Denier
09-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Good for you, hon! You look great ;)

BLUE ORCHID
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Laurie, You are out there now there's no holding you back now.

Erica Marie
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
100% passable and 100% gorgeous. Glad you had a good experience and hope there are many more to come in the future.

Nicole Erin
09-12-2013, 08:41 PM
YOu look very good. Dressed to blend in and all. It is nerve racking the first few times.

Persephone
09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Congratulations Laurie!

You look terrific!

Like all of us the first time out you were probably pretty uptight. We all think the world is clocking us and that they're getting the torches ready in the back room. We tend to forget that women, especially nice looking nicely dressed ones, get looked at all the time. Not something we're used to in "boy world," but as a woman you're always "on stage" and soon you'll begin to relax and take the looks for granted.

As you log more flight time you wll begin to unwind and grow comfortable and confident, and at that point you will begin to smile at other women rather than turn away.

You just walked into a big new world, one you've never been in before. Enjoy the journey!

Hugs,
Persephone.

kelly0
09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
beuatiful laurie!!!! congrats! awesome pics, you look great

litlejohn
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
awesome thats what i would of said after words. you do look very nice and happy for you.

Amy R Lynn
09-12-2013, 09:26 PM
You totally pulled it off! You look passable to me. I think if you work on your voice you could go without a problem! Good for you. It sounds like you had a really good time. I for one look forward to more adventures in the public domain from you in the future!

Beverley Sims
09-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Laurie,
One of the best covers you can use is to have a friend with you.
It takes the attention away from you when walking alone.

Jamie Christopher
09-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Simply intoxicating isn't it? Glad you had support and enjoy the fun. Thanks for sharing,

Jamie

JenniferR771
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Very attractive "look", Laurie. Cute dress and good figure. Some girly jewelry, rings and accessories would add a bit of glitz and bling--you would be totally passable. Support group is so nice. So affirming. You realize you are not a freak of nature; you are a lovely human being.

Now that you got your feet wet you will be doing the backstroke in no time. Actually most of the time people are just friendlier to women. No need to turn your head--you will get used to the friendly smiles.

Tawne
09-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Awesome! Very wise choice in dress!

Bree Wagner
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Congrats Laurie! That first time out is such a powerful experience and I'm glad yours turned out to be a positive one. Good luck and have fun on the next adventure!

-Bree

AmyGaleRT
09-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Laurie, you look great in those pictures! I might wear just what you did to go shopping!

I have been shopping as Amy, to Lane Bryant on a couple of occasions. I was treated so nicely by the SAs there! I don't know if they read me but they didn't act like they did, and I even used the dressing rooms without incident. I'm sure there will be more such occasions, for both of us!

- Amy

Miss Trish
09-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Great !!!

nethiker55
09-13-2013, 07:12 AM
So glad the trip went well for you. You look fantastic

Jennifer Marie P.
09-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Congrats Laurie and many more outings.

kimdl93
09-13-2013, 07:20 AM
You'll probably be doing a lot more shopping soon. Glad you found a GG companion to help. It's more fun with friends anyway! From your pics I would say you looked very nice and probably weren't read by casual passersby. Of course the SA had more time to assess you. You handled the conversation very well, just a matter of fact response...perfect!

Lynn Marie
09-13-2013, 07:39 AM
So here's the dichotomy. Shopping, or doing anything in public with a CD girlfriend makes the experience much easier and so much more fun. The other side of the coin is that you'll get "made" a lot more in pairs or groups, but who cares, it's just so much fun being out together!

BillieAnneJean
09-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Laurie was a natural. With a little encouragement and the support of a more experienced friend she had a good time. And some great pictures.
Laurie is very sweet and anyone is blessed with her company. A delightful person.

The customers in Pizza Hut next to our Grand Rapids Crossdresser Social Group meeting place were very friendly. The twenty something male customers waiting for their order were bored with us. The family with children didn't even notice us. This was apparently her first time OUT enfemme in a restaurant. We had a great time at Diversions, a local club. The SAs in Burlington were very nice. The customers in and around the fitting rooms ignored us. Also a first time for her to try on clothes in a store while enfemme.

In the park, we were totally ignored.

A weekend of firsts for Laurie. And so much fun for me.

Laurie is a natural poser. And with a body all we crossdressers would envy, she was perfectly lovely. And her hair was exactly the right color and style.

I enjoyed my time with her. Taking the pictures was fun. But most of all I was honored to facilitate her journey. We should all embrace these opportunities to help other CDers discover the thrill of going OUT enfemme.

MonctonGirl
09-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Awesome story!

...I was just too afraid to turn my head and find out.

I think the rule is "never turn your head" ... unless you are in fear ... so you did good. lol

The woman who " as if she found me more attractive as a woman then as a man " MAY have felt that way ... but unless she knew you AS a man ... ???
I think they smile because we are not on the THREAT list but now rather one of "their tribe" so to speak -- they can be friendly and know you won't take it as
an opportunity to try to have sex with them. lol
The women who are checking us out are doing what they do with any new and special woman - like a celebrity - they are comparing themselves to you ... and also admiring in your case, I'd say. Great outfit!

Shellycd12
09-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Congrats, it has been something I have been wanting to do and I will very soon.
You look amazing. Love the look.

Shelly

Ellie52
09-15-2013, 12:17 AM
congratulations - I still think of my first time, I went to the local wig shop where I had bought my wig, all dressed up in my pink suit (my avatar). The girls in the shop didnt realise I was a guy until I told them who I was and then they remembered. I was so full of confidence I went across the street and spent an hour in the shopping centre, looked at clothes and ordered a coffee, (with my best female voice). I was alone all the time but it was great fun. On leaving some guy loked me up and down and stared blatantly at my boobs. It shocked me that GG's have to put up with that. It was horrible. I dont think anyone clocked me as a guy though - even the last one as he was with two of his mates and there was no gigling or taunting..Im sure your next trip will be even better...Ellie

JenniferLynn0370
09-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Congrats Laurie! I agree with what many others have already said, this will surely be just the first of many more outings for you. You go girl; very proud and happy for you!!

Hugs,
Jen

vallerie lacy
09-15-2013, 11:17 AM
laurie--I am so jealous. as I read about it I felt like I was there, though I would not be able to remotely pass even if I had the nerve.it sounded like you had a super day. I loved the idea of you trying on 13 dresses. I bet next time will be even more of a blast. hurry up and do it again so I can read about it and fantasize it's me doing it. three cheers for the other girl [CD or not] who helped and encouraged you

~Joanne~
09-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Billie Anne, you are a saint for being there for a sister and helping her gather the courage to get out and experience this side of her life. The moral support you offered is immeasurable. Everyone needs a sister to hang out with and I am glad you were there for her.

Laurie, you looked great. The outfit was perfect for every day shopping and I am glad you got to enjoy the experience. In time you'll be able to fly solo but what fun is that? I'd rather have a shopping buddy every time if possible :) I know you felt like you had a crutch in Billie anne but we all start with baby steps. Nothing wrong with that ;)

BillieAnneJean
09-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Joanne,
Perhaps I am not a saint as I enjoyed myself too much!
Billie

Diane Edwards
09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I would of never gave you a second look! You look gorgeous! Oh, and congratulations!
Genny B

I would look twice because you're quite attractive! It will get easier with time and experience.

suzanne
09-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Thst is a very cute outfit and you look extremely passable. It is also clear in you photos that you do not yet feel confident with your look, although you should. An air of self confidence makes all the difference, and I am sure you will gain that in time, as you get more experience. Keep up the great work! And keep those photos coming.

deebra
09-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Didn't it feel good to be out in public dressed in those soft sexy girly panties, bra with boobs, wearing a dress and presenting in public as a woman. The desire will return very quickly to do it again and you will and the more you go out you will be just as confident as a gg. All the commments here are true, you look very attractive and that of a woman.

Chickhe
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
While you look pretty good, its how you carry yourself that will get you noticed. I think that is why I really like Halloween, because I can feel totally relaxed. Other times, it takes some effort to get over the anxiety, but I find the trick is to get so comfortable that you almost forget what your are wearing and just 'be' a woman.

AngieStone
09-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Well I think you look wonderful Laurie and congrats on your first time out!!! If I looked as amazing as you do I would be out every day. It gives me hope that one day I can be as brave as you and venture out, thank you for sharing your story.

laura.lapinski
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM
You look really good. I could only tell from a front-on close up.

laurie01
09-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks for all the compliments girls. I feel really happy and hugs all.

Diversity
09-17-2013, 07:07 AM
All I can say is that you are AWESOME! You did it!!!! I tried for the first time this weekend and failed miserably. I drove to a shopping mall and got out of my car en femme (no wig or makeup, but blouse, skirt, and sandles. I could not get up the nerve to be seen by others, as I began to walk through the underground car park and once I saw families with their children, I 'chickened out' and returned to the car and changed bag into male mode. So disappointed in my outing.... Anyways, I will muster up and try again as I am inspired by your post. Thank you and good luck to you!
Di

linda allen
09-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Laurie, I'm a little late to the party here, but as the others said, you look great and very normal and natural for a woman shopping. I like how you didn't overdo it with high heels and a too short dress or skirt.

I'm sure it's easier and more fun to go out with a companion and having someone to take photos beats setting up a mini tripod on the hood of the car and then using the self timer on the camera.

I hope you get to do it again and again.

Clorissa
09-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Fatastic feminine look. Nice feminine facial features topped by beautiful long hair. A low voice and Adam's Apple is also a challenge for me. I often go horseback riding with my wife as this is 99 percent women. All you need is long hair, face covered with facial cream, and a trim body to blend in. Lots of room for errors. The plan is to go out riding as a typical female pair just as so many other groups of women go out riding horses. My long hair fans down to my shoulder blades from the helmet just as my wife's long hair does. When passing by women going the other way on the trail, we frequently hear "Hi girls" or, "Have a nice ride gals". It's assumed I'm a women because not that many men actively ride.

This doesnt's always work. One afternoon when I was putiing the saddle back into the trailor, a pair of women walked by. One yelled out "Is that a man or a woman?" I turned around to see who this was and my Adam's Apple must have given me away. "That's a man" was the conclusion. I try to cover the Adam's Apple with the helmet straps on the trail. I'll have to try a turtle neck sweater on cooler days.

Clorissa