PDA

View Full Version : Were You A Failure in Gym Class, Too?

Lady Katherine
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I began seriously wishing I was a girl when I entered 7th grade and had to go to gym class. I couldn't do any of the boy things, like chinups and rope climbs, because my body was soft, arms weak and hips wide. It was humiliating, but then snuck into some girl gym outfits, and liked how sweet I looked.

How many others experienced same or similar experiences?

Mistress Frillee
12-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Actually no. I played football in high school & hockey when I was younger.

MandyTS
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
That was definitly me, I was always weak, mainly due to hormone issues, etc. I have never been able to do a chinup, etc.

Middle School was the worst time of my life.

Mandy

Wendy me
12-26-2005, 12:42 PM
i never realy did the gym thing i always was out smokeing and hanging out ..
that sweaty gym thingy was not my thing....

Jill
12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
7th grade P.E. was a nightmare for me, I think the teachers were drill sergeant drop outs, and the only alternative was to torment young teenagers. However, I am quite athletic and could compete physically with my peers in most aspects. The world of sports is full of ignorant muscle heads who put men in general to shame but I still love sports and athletics.

Mistress Frillee
12-26-2005, 12:44 PM
I play on a competitive softball team in the present. We have a website with league & individual stats. We have a team manager, 1st & 3rd base coaches. In Spring, we "invite" select individuals to come to practice & try out for the team. We recruit players. The manager decides which position you will play. If you have a bad game, you get benched. The batting lineup is decided by the manager.

Its fun fun fun!

serinalynn
12-26-2005, 12:52 PM
I began seriously wishing I was a girl when I entered 7th grade and had to go to gym class. I couldn't do any of the boy things, like chinups and rope climbs, because my body was soft, arms weak and hips wide. It was humiliating, but then snuck into some girl gym outfits, and liked how sweet I looked.

How many others experienced same or similar experiences?

In 4 years of gym class in high school I never once got even half way up that rope climb thing. Yes I too had a couple visits in the girls locker room never tried on the clothes though but sometimes there was always an extra panty left lying around, and I always wondered who it belonged to....and if she knew she left it there.

Debbie Kong
12-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I hated Gym class. I was always the last one chosen when it came time for picking team members. Of course I would have been lousy on any of the girls teams too so it's not really a gender thing. The arts were more my calling.

Debbie "Two Sheds" Kong

ReginaK
12-26-2005, 01:17 PM
I hated gym and was horrible at most sports. Unfortunately i'm a huge person, with huge shoulders, so everyone expected me to be huge jock. I can't hit a tennis ball, baseball, or golf ball to save my life. I think i've done maybe 3 chinups in my whole life. I could catch a ball decently though.

And to make matters worse, my dad was the coach so he threw me into everything he could to make a man out of me. Luckily my younger brother came along to fulfill all my dad's jock dreams.

LisaRaye
12-26-2005, 01:19 PM
i had no problem in gym i also played football, basketball, crosscountry, and indoor track. but when my female side wanted to come out and to keep my secret a secret i jioned coed sports that way i can have my cake and eat it too.....:) :)

Laura Jane
12-26-2005, 01:30 PM
One thing I've discovered that is helping me get fit, is all the lovely female exercise gear and clobber.

I do recommed doing Yoga and Pilates dressed up as a woman, it really helps to shape up!

MarinaTwelve200
12-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Obviously, Atheletic ability or the lack of it has nothing to do with crossdressing. We see both sides of the spectrum represented here.

I suppose the question came up based on the common misconception that "Queer": or "gay" guys ---which most people mistakenly group CDers with, are notorious for not doing well in atheletics and sports. (its one of the reasons that the guy who always strikes out or cant catch a ball is often called a "Fag" by the other kids)----
It apears that some of us CDers still carry some of that mythology and fear of homosexuality with us from early experiences and still might associate some mythological "Gay" attributes to their CD.----Of course its time to get over it. Homosexuality and CD are NOT related at all and even the stuff attributed to homosexuality, eg. poor atheletic ability, wanting to be a woman, etc. is a crock of s**t anyway.

Michelle Hart
12-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Former Special Forces, Football, Soccer, baseball. Grew up on a farm throwing bails of hay and felling trees.

I never liked gym, for other reasons than CD. I never had a problem with the rope climb or the other stuff. Just really did'nt like sports still dont.

I could go the rest of my life without watching or hearing about sports but in my line of work now a lot of the people I deal with talk about them.

Lady Katherine
12-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Reading your answers to my questions shows how different we all are. I am 76 years old so I spent my horrible junior high school years (there was no "middle school" then) during World War II, when boys had to be boys. I therefore worked at being a "Boy," and succeeded a bit, but never could develop a masculine body. It got to be so that I could "pass" at sports and being manly, but I always felt inadequate.

Whether that failure to be manly affected my desire to be a girl, I don't know. It is true, however, that my teen years were difficult and my feelings of failure from those years never left me.

Of course, I never heard of crossdressing or transgenders in those years, and considered my dressing desires to be shameful. So I've lived an outwardly male life largely successfully, father of 5, Navy Vet, successful career, etc., but still wish I could have lived it as a woman.

Love to hear from others, about those horrible teen years.

karen marie
12-26-2005, 02:34 PM
never had to do gym, thank god.being diabetic and asthmatic
kept me out.plus,i throw like a girl!!!
hugs,karen.

Sweet Susan
12-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I enjoyed P.E., but I didn't like having to undress in front of the others, and going to the shower with a bunch of other guys always left me with mixed emotions. I had my most explosive sexual "experiments" when I was in the 7th grade, so............ I'm not sure how to say this without being direct, but I would often get erections in the shower which were hard to conceal. And being somewhat stupid didn't help any. I had more than one fight after school because of things that happened in the shower.

Lisa Maren
12-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi there

Let's see. The other boys my age could (and still can) kick/throw a ball ten times farther than I can, run faster than I can, take more pain than I can, etc etc etc. In high school, most of the time I actually did piano for my sport. lol

There are some thing I'm good at, though, like alpine skiing. I'm decent at tennis and cross-country skiing.

Hugs,
Lisa

ChristineRenee
12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I was always fairly athletic...just small for my size so it was difficult for me to make any of my school's athletic teams because of it. Played a lot of intramural and neighborhood ball however...I had a very male upbringing and social environment...the crossdressing certainly didn't come from any of that.

KewTnCurvy GG
12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Not TG, but hate gym and anything that makes me sweat. Honestly, what nonsense!
Kew

gennee
12-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I enjoyed gym class. I ran cross country and track in high school and junior college. I played football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and softball. I wasn't a great athlete but I enjoyed playing for the fun of it. I still love sports, but I love the arts, politics, and other things. I have a wide variety of interests.

Gennee:)

Christina Nicole
12-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Hated gym and all of the sports type stuff that went along with it. I did well enough in the gymnastics type stuff. I avoided the locker room thing by coming and going early or late.

But when some buffoon whacked me such that I had to go to the doctor in so-called "touch football", I filed an assault complaint. My dad's attorney filed something else that named the school and !#$%^ gym teacher, but I forgot what it was. Anyway, that fixed that.:D

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Stacie Stockman
12-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I loved and hated gym class. In gym class, I got to experience my love for swimming, and my hate for it after getting on the swim team. I like swimming, when its own my own, not designed as a series of endless drills and laps. Wished that I couldve worn one of the one pieces that the girls got to wear!

Katrina
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I never had a problem with gym class except for a few of the activities. I hated...hated...hated wrestling and I didn't like playing softball. I loved playing floor hockey and volleyball. I was never really athletic in school but I keep in shape now. Now that I think about it, I prefered the things that the girls did in gym class (when we were split up). The boys would mostly play softball and one of my buddies and I did the indoor tennis. Plus I got to look at the cuties in my class.

Rachel Morley
12-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Believe it or not there were two kids in our gym class that could out do everyone else for chins and push ups.....and I was one of those two people!

I have always had (and still do) a good stength to weight ratio.

Jesse69
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I was always good at gym class and it was my favorite class. I also was on the 6th, 7th, & 8th grade basketball team and I played Little League Baseball. I got into BMX Freestyle during H.S. I was quite a dude until I became a crossdressor late in college.

Crossdressing just ruined my dude - ness.

During the past two years I tried criterium racing on a road bike but I'm not fast enough. So now I just bike to maintain my weight and size 4 -6 size and for transportation.

AmyCarter
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I have a mild remembrance of gym/health classes throughout school. Never excelled in anything but ping pong but managed to letter in golf my junior year; the most notable time being when I short circuited a series of rooms after two exposed wires together in 9th grade.
Being tall and flexible, certain aspects of sports came easy. I'd never given it much thought or consideration til now but all in all i'd have to say gym was alright.
Except when dennis dingle threatened to burn me and various other people with his lighter & aeresol can shows, but hey, he was just playing. There was this other black kid who used 'secret' deodorant since he was right in saying it's strong enough for a man. hehe

SweetHosedFeet
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Hi

I was a defensive end for my high school football team and actually I was pretty good at it by the way.

Yours,
Zara

Angela Burke
12-26-2005, 11:47 PM
All I really wanted was a netball skirt, kneesocks and gym knickers like the the other girls wore. (am I asking oh for so much ?)

Love Angela XX

Dana
12-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Went to a small high school, played football, Offensive tackle, defensive tackle, defensive end, linebacker, track, basketball Was ruthless, horrible, un-merciable! Just plain MEAN! Trying to prove, earn and validate my masculinity.

Always was getting expelled for fighting in school.

Retired military, (Marines) nine years at Parris Island

Thank God those days are all over!

Not someone you would want to bully ~ even if I am dressed and being :doll:

sarahjan
12-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Likewise Not TG, but I hate gym as it was a great place to the bullies to do their thing normally with the support by the Gymn Teacher.

However did enjoy after schooool Gymn Club as this was gymnastics with the girls.

Being honest the Gymn Teachers were rubbish when I went into the Army found that despite years of being told I was rubbish I was quite a good runner. If the Army could find it in people why couldn't they. Best time for a mile was 4 mins 35 seconds

Imogen_Mann
12-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Gym Classes (Known as P.E. to us in the UK at the time)... I was a failure because, although I could do chin up's, and press up's and weights (Amazingly well), and rope climbs and jumps and all that other stuff... I LOATHE football (Soccer), and I dont enjoy long distance running so I was just drummed out of the classes with a gentle mixture of bullying and staff ignorance.

In the end... All my energy became focussed on messing about, and getting excluded, suspended and then expelled. (worth it inn the long run, it got me sent away to boarding school, and freedom from my parents !!)

I have to admit, I once (yeah 'really' only once ?? HAA ha ha ha) tried on my sisters gym kit.... Yeah, Dont take me there ! I LOVED IT :p !!!!

XX

Jayme

Ps... My best time for a mile was about three quaters of an hour.

BrendaChristine
12-27-2005, 07:32 AM
I played Baseball and Basketball in High School as well as being a Band Geek.

Aunt Peg
12-27-2005, 07:48 AM
In grade school I was alittle chubby and terrible at sports. I was always picked last to be on a team. In fact, I was made fun of for having 'boobs.'

Later in high school, I lifted weights lost weight and played football. One year I was voted most valuable player. I kept lifting weights and wanted to be a bodybuilder. I wanted to be huge and strong so people would fear me. It was all a cover and repression for my need to be girl. I was the youngest of 3 boys in our family. My older brothers and father were so macho. I hated it. My mother so wanted a girl.

I guess sports helped my fitness level, I still try and exercise for health reasons. And my kids have played sports in school. But I would have rather been a girl on the highschool volleyball team than a boy on the football team.

TVStevie
12-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I was highly successful at all sports at school - captained most of my school teams, represented the school at district and county level and at one time, was predicted to go on to play rugby union at a national level. When I wasn't being stereotypically male, I liked nothing better than donning some lingerie and revelling in my femininity. And I wonder why I found my teen years confusing?! :)

KarenNY
12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
I was pretty much a failure in gym class, though I could hold my own running and swimming, and I have often jogged or biked to keep fit (gotta keep that girlish figure). I weighed about 125 pounds soaking wet when I was a senior in high school, plus I topped out at about 5'6" -- which was an absolute boon to my crossdressing, which I had carried on with my mother's help and support from the time I was in 7th grade. Gym class was always an embarrassment for me and I almost always wore sweats because my legs were mostly hairless, and then I started shaving them on a regular basis because I was dressing quite often at home (I was so glad to find out that cyclists and swimmers shave their bodies for competition!!).
I was usually the butt of jokes in junior high because I was puny, short, small and nerdy... by the time I was in high school, I had shoulder-length hair and kind of leaned toward the metalhead/rock star look... but the long hair and small stature worked perfectly for my hobby, which was crossdressing any chance I got at home!

S. Lisa Smith
12-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I hated gym. I'm not into organizied sports. I was a cross country runner (but a poor one), but even now could care less about baseball, football, or basketball. I'm active and love to swim, shoot and hike.

connie rotten
12-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I was always the littlest kid in class but I did alright at gym. In high school everyone had become stoners so it didn't matter much the whole gym class was all smoked up.
I did like running around in the short shorts :cheeky:

Stormgirl
12-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes I was a failure in gym class mainly because I didn't get along with the teacher.He was the football coach too and thought he was some kind of bad ass.I never enjoyed team sports much either. I'd love to see that teacher/coach go through Ranger school,that will shut him up.

kathy gg
12-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Not tg....

In Texas if you joined an extracuricular activity like band/chorus/cheerleading/or registered in a sport you did not have to do PE or gym class. So the last time I had to go to something that resembeled gym was like 4th grade. I was not fond of having to change in front of the other girls. I just really felt weird about being naked around others.

So joined band and then in jr. high school joined tennis and I never had to set foot in a PE class again! yea~

And I still play tennis and it is a huge part of my life even now!

:thumbsup:

Kayla Smith
12-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I hated P.E. class, I went to a rural school and since there was only 10 boys in the 7th and 8th grades, you were automatically on the basketball team in the winter and in the spring it was automatically on the track team. When I went into the 9th(at a different school) grade I had the P.E. coach from hell, he thought that the only way to make a boy into a "MAN" was to treat them like you were in the military at a boot camp. After that 10th, 11th and 12th grade was not much better.

Donna tv
12-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I never really could do the gymnastic part of gym class meaning I did ok with softball, soccer, basketball and team type sports, but all the rope climbing and that stuff I could not do. The part that was really tough on me was that showers were always manditory and I had developed pretty large breasts and had an extremely small penis basically I looked like a girl when naked. It was very humiliating back then I was always stared at and made fun of. The junior high years were the worst. But now I am very happy to be small it is very convieient when dressing ,I don't have to tuck at all , I am very smooth in all my outfits. But back then preteen boys were vicious.

SandraInHose
12-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Since I started school early, Iwas almost a year younger than most of my peers. Throughout most of my education, I hated gym class, since I was a year behind in physical maturity. Sometime in tenth or eleventh grade, I realized I wasn't necessarily smaller anymore, and my confidence grew overnight. I also started playing hockey at that time, and that definitely helped.

As a young adult, I became a serious weightlifter, and that is something I continue to do today in my mid 40s. Although I'll never be confused with a bodybuilder, I'm still a decent-sized guy, and most who know me think I'm kind of a jock.

Looking back in good ol' hindsight, I now know that if I'd just had some confidence, I would have done better in gym class. You don't always have to be the strongest or fastest. That's what I always try to instill in my kids.

JennyCD
12-27-2005, 06:30 PM
I was always good at sports. Football, soccer, baseball, boxing, tennis, etc... Never liked basketball though.

Jodi
12-27-2005, 10:16 PM
NO, I was not a failure. I was a three sport athlete in HS (football, bastketball and track). I lettered 4 years in track in college.

Jodi

Francine
12-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Gym class was alright, but I seemed to lack a little arm strength. I did play football, but more as punter and wide receiver. Played some basket ball, but only till the second year in high school, even though I was 6'4". I did play golf though and was a 4 year letterman in golf, but I could do that even as a woman. Maybe they would let me play from the ladies tees.:)
Secretly, I always wanted to be one of the cheerleaders. ;)

Raychel
12-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Gym Class was awful, I am not the least bit athletic. I only went because I had too.

susancheerleader
12-28-2005, 09:39 AM
I'd skip gym. I hated it so much! I was never very athletic, and when I was in gym I felt like I was more making a fool of myself. I also HATED showering in the open showers.

ginafaye
12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
i did just fine in school gym class wasnt always picked first for teams ......but was always right up there

Helen MC
12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
I hated PE and Games!!!!:mad: On those days I had to wear the hated Boys' Y Fronts instead of a lovely pair of my big sister Anne's knickers as I secretly wore every other time under my trousers. In the changing rooms, (locker room) for the Boys to get changed for PE or Games there were no separate cubicles with curtains as the Girls had so no privacy and in those days the mid 1960s Boys' underpants looked very different to Girls' unlike the Unisex "slip" briefs worn by many Boys and Men today. I had to wear a pair of Y-Fronts which I hated then after the PE lesson go to the Boys' Toilets and using a cubicle (stall) with a locked door change back into the pair of Anne's knickers I had in my jacket pocket. When I got the chance to take extra subjects instead of PE when I was 15 I jumped at this and never again wore Male Underpants to this day.

Ironically, if I had I been able to do PE with the GIRLS wearing navy blue
knickers and a short pleated Gym Skirt like them to play (Field) Hockey or Netball I would have been delighted!

I was no good at PE. I am NOT competitive in the slightest and am not into any team activities, so games such as Football, (Soccer), Rugby, Cricket etc leave me totally cold and I just wasn't interested in this subject! I was I am glad to say never chosen for any of the Teams and during Sports was left to do exercises in the GYM or in good weather run round the pitch. The PE Teacher was quite happy when I and some of the more bookish lads in our year took extra subjects and were no longer his problem. I have never done a push up nor a chin up in my life and wouldn't know how to, not that I would want to and like others I don't like "sweaty" activities!

Lady Katherine
12-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I must say, I was astounded at the response my question raised. Obviously, i have been haunted all my 76 years by those horrid days in gym, when my soft, girly body had to be exposed in the locker rooms and showers and when I tried pathetically to use my slender unmuscular arms to pull me up on the chinning bar. I see that so many of the girls, however, were very good athletes, but still were girls at heart ... or at least desired to dress like one.

A pox upon all the macho gym teachers who haunted us girly boys.

Shannah
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
No, I was into weight lifting. As a guy, I love my muscular body, but unfortunatly I could never pass as a woman. I really look rediculious dressed as a woman, with my big shoulders and chest.:(

Rikki Elisabeth
12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
The football coach was the gym teacher and also the geography teacher. He was a "beast." He kept wanting me to do boy things I couldn't do. When I was in his geography class, I made straight A's...guess what his comment was? "Figured you to be a sissy."

confused
12-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Could barely do push-ups, couldn't climb the rope or do 1 pull-up. I can't throw, I run slow, and I am absolutely horrible at every kind of sport. I still can't believe I made it through boot camp considering how bad I am at physical activity. (still can't do a pull-up)

Gunda
12-29-2005, 04:47 AM
I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however. Occasionally I would indulge my grade school friends' requests to join them in a short one on one basketball game but usually just watched and kibbitzed from the sidelines. Most of all I just lacked interest in sweaty, close, contact team sports as I've always preferred competing against my self whether physically or academically.

Best,
Gunda

Sharon
12-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I went to parochial school and never had a gym class, but I always loved playing sports in little league, with the other neighborhood kids in the street and on the playground, etc.
I was only about five feet tall until I was a Junior in high school (grew another foot by the time I graduated), so the only school teams I was on were baseball (infielder) and track (long distance), but I always loved football and basketball also and always surprised people by how much better I was than was apparent by looking at me.

Christina Nicole
12-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however.

That reminds me of the time a group of guys from work decided to go to the target range after office hours. The macho one in the group had a .357 magnum with which he was lucky to hit the paper target, much less the bullseye. I was standing close by, so he said, "Here you try it." and also something condescending about its kick. I missed the target the first time, clustered the next three though the bullseye and grouped the next two close by. Previous to that, my pistol shots were all .22 target shooting. A pistol doesn't care if your 6'4" 280 lbs or 5'5" 125lbs.

The only sport I do much anymore is water skiing. Oh to be Kristi Overton (http://www.kristioverton.com/).

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

miss_sarah
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however. Occasionally I would indulge my grade school friends' requests to join them in a short one on one basketball game but usually just watched and kibbitzed from the sidelines. Most of all I just lacked interest in sweaty, close, contact team sports as I've always preferred competing against my self whether physically or academically.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I stuck to music, and now have the vocal and probably 20+ instruments as feathers in my cap that also fulfill my need to relax or release without any danger of bodily injury (or pretty face! hehe). But like you said, that aggression and competitive nature never took hold on me either :)

suzy
12-29-2005, 03:47 PM
In gym.....I was so so.......but the coaches were airheads...I have very little hair on my body even today and much less then. I was teased by some, but all in all... I lived thru it...;)

DonnaT
12-29-2005, 10:27 PM
No, I was pretty good in gym. I was the fastest runner in my home town, for any age group, an excellent swimmer, held the record for number of situps done in 2 minutes, could climb like a monkey, played baseball and football, wasn't very good in basketball however.

Dena
12-29-2005, 11:24 PM
No I'm not very good at sports. I basically grew up right handed and left eyed, I suck at tennis! I could not climb the rope, and no more than 3 chin-ups.

tiffiany
12-29-2005, 11:32 PM
In school I was never good at sports or PE. The only thing I actually remember being good at was bodyboarding (originally from Orange county, CA).

Joanna Kavalaskas
12-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Gym, or PE was something I could have done without. I wasn't a little kid, but never felt too connected to the excercize thing, and still haven't figured out sports. What's the attraction? Later, in the army, I found I still hated PE. Raised on a farm, physical exertion meant doing something, not moving for the sake of moving. I've always been much stronger than my physique made evident.

windycissy
12-31-2005, 01:02 AM
I was never very good at ball sports ("throws like a girl") but excelled at track and swimming, to which I attribute my shapely legs. To this day I avoid lifting weights, those "pencil arms" that brought me grief as a boy have been a boon to me as a girl. Swimming makes beautiful bodies, and is the perfect cover for shaving down. These days I don't swim so much, but I jog every day to keep my girlish figure.

You bring back memories of high school, when I was dragging ass on the track how I used to envy the girls watching us in their cute skirts and dresses....

Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

cemab4y
12-31-2005, 04:20 AM
I had to start Gym class in 8th grade. My penis is small, and can retract entirely in my body . The other boys laughed and teased me without mercy. They called me "Melvin No-Dick". In no time at all every boy and every girl in my school was gossiping and laughing that I had no penis.

I used to grab my penis by the head, and pull it till it hurt, and I would tell it to GROW! It never did.

When I met a girl (I was 20), and we started having sex, it was pretty awful. But when I got gonorrhea, I was actually proud! No one is going to call me "Melvin no-dick".

I never considered SRS. I married an extremely feminine Chinese woman, and she never had aproblem with sex. Chinese men do not have huge penises.

I took up swimming in high school. the cold water made my penis and testicles draw up so close to my body, that the pubic hair was longer that my genitals. Of course, I was teased and humiliated.

Lilith Moon
12-31-2005, 07:13 AM
The other boys laughed and teased me without mercy.
I can certainly empathise with that. I spent much of my school life dreading the next weekly gym session with it's compulsory showers. I was not well endowed and hated the merciless taunting of the others. Every Wednesday morning I would wake up vomiting with terror that today was gym day. I eventually "solved" the problem by leaving school early with minimal qualifications despite having the highest grades in the entire school during coursework. The repercussions of my curtailed education lasted for the rest of my life... although I did eventually return to college as an adult.

I consider that being forced to undress and be humiliated in public is a completely unacceptible thing to be done to susceptible young people, but I bet it still happens.

Helen MC
12-31-2005, 08:13 AM
Lilith, I hope this no longer happens in the UK but with the complete ar5ehole we have as a Prime Minister with all his Public School "Mens Sana in Corpore Sano" , "Play Up and Play the Game" ethos I would doubt it. I get the impression he is all in favour of compulsory PE and Games.

PE should have been what its name suggests Physical EDUCATION, not merely playing stupid games against your will nor meaningless exercises with those of a weaker or gentler nature being bullied or mocked . Instead it should have encompassed Rules of Health and Personal Hygiene (a quality I found many Sports orientated teenaged boys badly lacked in my days at school) , Good Diet, Sex Education INCLUDING an understanding of alternative sexualities, and of course Exercises tailored to the individual and their physique and their capabilities and needs.

Above all there should be separate cubicles with curtains in Dressing Rooms (Locker Rooms) for both males and females. In my school in the 1960s and early 1970s only the Girls Dressing Rooms had these, Boys had to get undressed in front of others, and I too remember the cruel jibes and taunts the slimmer and less butch lads would have to endure about their build and genitalia. On those days as I have said above I didn't wear a pair of my sister Anne's knickers but had to wear Boys' Y-Fronts which I hated, at least until after the PE lesson.

Since this forced you to leave school to your disadvantage in life you may have a case to sue for compensation and it might be worth consulting a sympathetic lawyer on this?

Lilith Moon
12-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Since this forced you to leave school to your disadvantage in life you may have a case to sue for compensation and it might be worth consulting a sympathetic lawyer on this?
Thanks Cherub,

It all happened such a long time ago and I don't have any sort of proof that would satisfy a court. I do sometimes fantasise about getting my revenge with the teachers and other bullies who seemed to encourage the vicious changing room culture that I shall never forget. But, in truth, it is all behind me and I'm more interested in the here and now.

Helen MC
12-31-2005, 03:19 PM
If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so.

StacyP
12-31-2005, 03:39 PM
I came with some very small packaging :confused: so early on I got laughed at, so before high school sports were out.
Sure wish the internet was there in the late 60's so I could have downloaded some *dating*.
[never had one complaint from 3 ex's as to what I can do to them though;) ]

Was too short for basketball, didn't weight enough for football and baseball rates not much better than golf at the bottom.
Tried judo, got my brown belt then took a bad fall and wrecked my hip joint in 11 grade.
My aunt was a PE coach, so diving was there early in my life [used to swim 5 miles a day when I was 15] until I started down from a 1/2 gainer and met the end of the board.
Swimming was always in there [started at 2-3 years] but by puberty that had to go due to just this small protuding bump between the legs compared to the others.
[see other post about shaving - keep the pubs off now cause they get longer than the equipment]

So starting my second childhood now [50+] I'll keep the exercise/sports to running around the office.

Lady Katherine
12-31-2005, 03:59 PM
As shared by so many of you, those PE class days were so horrid. I loved school, but hated those days and we had PE three times a week. Some of you were athletic, I can see, and had nice bodies, but for boys like me it was humiliating.

As a young boy I was skinny, but got a bit chubby by 5th grade, adding softness to my body, including breasts and soft thighs. Of course, I couldn't do chinups and was usually last in running races. Seemed to get along OK with other guys because I tried very hard and was passable mate in team sports.

But, the coach was cruel. He singled three or four of us softies out among the 80 or so in the class, and made us run extra laps, shaming us. As I stated earlier, I began to wish I was a girl so that I wouldn't have to stand up to the demands of being a 'boy.' Thank you all for sharing. Katherine

Lilith Moon
12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so.
Yeah,

I've got no problem with fitness or sports if the participants are willing and enjoy it. In fact, I'm quite fit and have always enjoyed running. It is the bullying and humiliation by teachers and kids that should not be allowed.

Robyn2006
12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
For me, grades 7-9 were the worst in my school life. I too was the sports idiot, the weak little kid that no one wanted on their team. The humiliation I experienced in junior high school should have really had a teacher or two fired, with their blind eyes never seeing what was going on. But on another note, it was during this time that I discovered the gateway to femininity, so those years weren't completely bad! (In fact I still have this crush on this guy I knew in gym class that I still think of often... a 14 year old adonis if ever there was one!)

Robyn

Teddie
01-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

I was never good in sports, except for long distance bicycling, and cross-country skiing.

GypsyKaren
01-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I was a grade A, number one in prime time flop in gym class. That is where I truly learned about humiliation and embarrassment.

GypsyKaren

insearchofme
01-01-2006, 10:23 AM
There are a few things I want to address in this post. First I was very athletic in high school and college. I was involved with Football, Wrestling and Track in both. I performed at a high competive level in all three so I guess I'm like about half of us. Athletic performance has no influence on our desire to be femme.

Currtetly I coach one of the above sports at a very high level and am still working out ( I'm in my mid 50s). I have a degree in Physical Education and Health Education. I feel so sorry for all of you that had bad experiences in athletics and or Physical Education classes. These activities should provide joy and lifetime fitness lessons not pain and misery. You have been cheated and I wish I'd been you teacher so that would have not happened to you.

I do want to reply to Helen who said:

"If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so."

Jim Fixx was the author who wrote a book which popularized jogging, he didn't invent it. Heart disease ran in his family and being physically fit enabled him to live longer than most of the males in his family. I beleive his father died in his 40's from heart disease. Also, Helen, beig physically fit does enlarge your heart to some extent but if heart disease does not run in your family then it won't hurt you. As in the case of Jim Fixx it may keep you alive longer.

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve!

Lady Katherine
01-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Make no mistake about it! I favor being fit and exercising. I am 76 and walk 3 miles 4 - 5 times a week. I do daily exercising. My problem comes because some of us as kids were not muscular or had naturally girlish bodies.

Strangely, by the time I was 18 I had become strong, and worked my way through college wrestling beer barrels and cases. Yet, my upper body never developed as a man's should, with weak looking arms, slender shoulders and breasts. Must be the genes.

But, those teen years were indeed diffficult.

By all means, stay fit. Katherine

Lissa Stevens
01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
I was actually pretty athletic. I lifted weights and played sports. I am too big to ever hope to pass or even go out without everyone pointing and laughing. I was considered to be a big good looking guy and girls were attracted to me a lot. I didn't date much, even though I had offers, because of my confusion regarding my sexuality.

Steffie-Lee
01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't see how anyone male or female can be athletic. For me, PE classes, touch football, dodgeball, baseball, and gymnastics were all a horror of failure and pain. I hated it. Military basic training - I was the only one who didn't climb the rope ladder, or finish the obstacle course. Good thing I was too old for 'nam, my service was over by '64, otherwise I would have been killed in combat.....

Nicole Lee
01-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I know how you feel, I suppose. I was not athletic in gym at all, but for some reason, I LOVE wearing girls' activewear. Bike shorts, leggings, and all the like -- I loved wearing them. My huge collection of femme attire is mostly activewear and ballet dancewear.

trannie T
03-03-2006, 11:45 PM
No! I wasn't a failure in gym class I got D's.

Barb Valentine
03-04-2006, 12:11 AM
I was away too fat ( hey wait a minute I still am )

Deborah
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
I think little league baseball was the only thing i was good at when i was younger. Junior high and high school i had the wide hips skinny arms also. So i had to run with my arms out to the side a little. So yes you guessed it....Deborah you run like a girl hahahahahahahaha. :eek:

Jennaie
03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Although I was very slender and short, I was best at swimming and gymnastics.
I had no interest in football, basketball, or most other team sports, I was the best diver and water polo player in my high school. I was good at gymnastics and enjoyed them very much. To this day, I hate team sports. I still love solo sports though. especially sports that put "you against nature". I live for those sports.

xingdays
03-04-2006, 01:02 AM
I was away too fat ( hey wait a minute I still am )

Me too. In school I had no upper body strength, couldn't run very far and just all around hated gym. I used every excuse not to play...

Karren H
03-04-2006, 12:02 PM
On the contrary, Loved gym, also played football, baseball, cross-country, track, basketball, and ice hockey. Still playing ice hockey twice a week to keep my girlish figure . Hehehehe

Love Karren

Laurie Ann
03-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I was a jock in HS played football, basketball, baseball and ran track. Played DI football in college and was offered a DI scholarship in basketball also so gym class was never a problem except when we did square dancing. I can not dance two left feet. P.E. was an easy A every semester.

Julie Avery
03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
On the whole I was about average. I was one of the best sprinters in my class, and one of the worst gymnasts (a lot of those maneuvers on the "horse" scared me to death). Tolerable in baseball and football, poor in basketball. Not a varsity athlete by any means, but I didn't stand out to the other extreme either. I enjoyed athletic competition.

Bridget
03-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Although i lacked arm strength, i could run pretty decently. I also played baseball in little league for a while. I practiced martial arts for 5 years, picked up a different style for another 2 years.

I always got picked last in sports though, but it was because the other kids hated that I was smarter than them in classes, not for absolute lack of skill.

Except in kickball. I always popped the ball up and it got caught.

I absolutely kicked ass in dodgeball however, I was almost always the last person to get hit.

Hmm, earlier this year I played dodgeball, and apparently i still got the l337 5ki11z. ^^

Taffy
03-04-2006, 07:03 PM
... but then snuck into some girl gym outfits, and liked how sweet I looked.

The girls' gymsuits were definitely better looking than the boys' outfits...

Taffy

Julie Avery
03-04-2006, 07:06 PM
The girls' gymsuits were definitely better looking than the boys' outfits...

Taffy

:::chuckle::::

MissHelen
03-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I tended to be more enthusiastic than skilled at sports (and as such, yes, I was generally picked last). I do like to keep myself in decent physical condition (especially now - I do a lot of exercise to keep in shape in order to look better in a dress), but as a competetive athlete I have never really shone. Part of this is because most of my time was taken up with music - personal practice, band and choir rehearsals and other projects combined to keep me away from any serious athletic ambitions I may have harboured anyway.

I did have a brief run as class arm-wrestling champion at one point (mostly through the element of surprise - I wasn't known as a tough guy but did work out, so a lot of people underestimated my strength) until the school acquired a star rugby prodigy who ended my run quickly, decisively and brutally.

Karinna
03-04-2006, 07:51 PM
In team sports, i was a pathetic loser.
The leader wanted me to be exchanged with a player
from the other team during the game.
Nevertheless, i was doing my best.

My father forced me to play Hockey. But for not very long because,
while other players were scoring, i was practicing figure skating.
Needless to say that i am not his son anymore.

On the other hand, i do pretty well in individual sports. I was great in Karate and watch out for my smash in tennis.

Now i play soccer in the yard with my five years old daughter
and i'm better then her! :p

Kimberley
03-04-2006, 11:27 PM
I was never great at athletics or sports so no, I didnt like gym classes either. But in my early thirties I discovered Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Jui Jitsu where I exceled. Today I cant practice because of some arthritis in my feet and knees so I do miss it. :sad:

Kimberely

Khriss
03-05-2006, 01:23 AM
... honestly... I luv sports..Lettered on HS Championship teams , even played Rugby in college..AAU Diver ,etc..
..but later...I wanted to be the "woman" in an EZ Spirit dress shoe commercial that slam dunked the ball in dress pumps !?...
...at 6'4" , and a two step lead..no probs eh ? hehe :eek: :D
..I've some sport role models too...Gabriela Reese...Mia Hamm...eh ? xx"K"

Mandy Salamander
03-05-2006, 01:51 AM
i hated gym,,, and mostly cut class,,, but did enjoy baseball, and was starting infielder/lead-off hitter for back-to-back HS state champions,,, tho' was really th' only sport i was really any good at...

Snookums
03-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I hated gym class,I was always small,and was the target of school bullies,until my uncle taught me some self defense methods during summer break.oops

Lady Katherine
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
It just goes to show that all of us girls come in different sizes and shapes; it's our desire to dress that is similar. So many of you were like me, more fit for girls' gym classes since our girlish arms were to weak to have us do a chinup. Others were jocks.

In my case, I think my failures in gym class helped me more to appreciate being feminine. Today, as I look around at teens, I find so many of the girls to be more physically fit than the boys.

Soon, we will be of one gender!

natasha
03-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Always pretty much the last one picked for any team sport. Did what I could to get out some of the sports (basketball) like get myself into trouble. Oh darn, I cant play now!!! I was actually thinking about this today and highschool was almost 25 years ago and look where I ended up. I think Im doing ok, thank you very much!!!:D

Adrienne Heels
03-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I always liked gym, even though I wasn't necessarily that good at some of the activities. I do like to stay active, though. I love to play golf !