PDA

View Full Version : So Much Good And Bad

Bree Wagner
09-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Talk about an eventful few weeks, I think I'll just list the things that have happened since my last post.

1) Youngest daughter turns 1
2) Have 3 childhood friends come into town to join me on a 4 day trip through the mountains to play disc golf. Amazing time and and incredible food, but cracked my windshield.
3) Come home to find out my wife's car has lost it's AC and the serpentine belt is about to go. Deposit $2000 directly into toilet.
4) Cancel NFL Sunday Ticket after 10 years and skip the new skis I was going to get. :(
5) Get great pick-me-up through an invitation to a night out with some friends and have a great time at a Jazz club. Come home at midnight exhausted yet unable to sleep until 4 am. Discover I have the flu a few weeks before I was due for a flu shot. :sad: Suffer for a few days. (Pics below - maybe I should have stayed on the couch!)
7) Torrential rains in Colorado. Moderate basement flood at night. Clean up. Major basement flood in morning. Some clean up, have to go to work. Wife has to do the rest. Time to replace carpet, some drywall and maybe some electrical work. Sigh.
8) Consider what other expenses to cancel or cut back on.
9) Get notified and discover someone has been using my pics to put up profiles here and on at least a few other sites. First reaction: This sucks! What can I do about it? My second: It's kind of flattering that someone would take my pics when there are so many better looking people out there. My third: This sucks! What can I do about it?

All is not lost though, lots of good things coming up! Tomorrow my wife and I get to go to the Oddball Comedy Fest. Saturday is my oldest Daughter's 5th birthday party. Sunday I'm off to DC to spend 3 (or 4) of the next 4 weeks. Travel pays well for me and should help fix the budget gaps created by all the recent fun.

Lots of good friends to see in DC and since I get to spend at least one weekend there I may have to get out to some new and interesting places. Perhaps Bree will make an appearance on the National Mall and get some museum and monument time in. Hopefully, things are looking up!

All the best,
Bree

Julie Denier
09-12-2013, 11:42 PM
That's a helluva rollercoaster you've been on, Bree. Hope things are getting back to normal. Happy birthday to your little one (mine's 9 now!) And have fun in DC ;)

Tracii G
09-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Sorry you got the flu and yes that does suck.
The National Mall is pretty cool They have a Mongolian BBQ in DC which is super awesome.

Rachelakld
09-13-2013, 12:10 AM
My basement was the same, carpets went in to shed, waited 2 weeks for a sunny day before being put out to dry - never went back in the same (but still usable).
We thought about polishing the concrete floor (maybe next year) as they look nice.
I keep spare drywall (and plumbing stuff) in my shed.......... I'm so used to water leaks.

Really, to me, sounds like you need a nice relaxing girl time out.

Beverley Sims
09-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Bree,
As for profile pics,
There was someone else that posted once here that looked a lot like you.
I think that one was denied though.

AmyGaleRT
09-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Good heavens, Bree! If it's not one thing, it's two things! :eek:

I hope you have a good time, though I'm sorry I'll miss getting to see you again tomorrow. But I'll manage; I should have a new sister to initiate into the mysteries of the Black Crown... ;)

- Amy

Jodie_Lynn
09-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, bad things do seem to come in clumps, don't they? But remember: it is the bad stuff that happens that lets us appreciate the good stuff!

Try not to let it bring you down. As a believer in the Law of Attraction, I find that dwelling on negatives brings more of it into your life.

Bree Wagner
09-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Now a bit bummed that the comedy festival for tonight was rescheduled for Wednesday (when I'll be in DC) due to all the rain. Us with a babysitter (my mom's in town) and everything. Maybe off to a funny movie?

Bree Wagner
09-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Massive hailstorm and downpour today again. Got leaks in two of the basement window-wells this time! Caught them quickly though. Never would have thought I'd be standing in a giant metal tube bailing ice-cold water during a thunderstorm.

The joys of home ownership!

BLUE ORCHID
09-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi Bree, When you are down the only direction that you have left is UP.

gautier_nikolai
09-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Hey Bree,I've been lurking for a while and remember your London trip and the tube.Sorry to hear about the unforeseen expenses but i hope DC will make up for it somewhat.Keep us updated on your inspirational, fun adventures please!

rocketscientist
09-14-2013, 09:50 PM
$2000 to fix the a/c? Time to find an honest mechanic. That sounds like a ripoff to me.

Bree Wagner
09-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Hey Bree,I've been lurking for a while and remember your London trip and the tube.Sorry to hear about the unforeseen expenses but i hope DC will make up for it somewhat.Keep us updated on your inspirational, fun adventures please!

I'll be glad to, hopefully it'll be a great week!

$2000 to fix the a/c? Time to find an honest mechanic. That sounds like a ripoff to me.

Wasn't just the AC and they had to order parts that are no longer in production. The place we've been going to has been pretty good to us so there was no reason not to trust them.