PDA

View Full Version : What my son said to me and what one of my supervisors just emailed me!

Carroll
09-13-2013, 07:12 PM
A few weeks ago I was watching TV when my 14y old son can up to me and said "dad, it's ok if you dress up in front of me and my girlfriend". I was just floored when he said that. Hasn't happened yet, but at least I have his green light.

I got this in an email today from my work
would you like to be Priscilla Presley the afternoon of September 30? We are inviting the individual we serve up to the office that day for the Elvis Personator (what she calls Elvis impersonators) serenade and a small birthday party.

I told her that it depended on the time and hope that she didnt need a like-alike!

VS Fan
09-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Very cool! Happy Friday to you! :)

heatherdress
09-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Great Priscilla. I am happy for you.

Tracii G
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
I would say if you intend on paying me for the gig I might.
See how they react.

RADER
09-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a Kodak Moment, and a lot of fun.
Rader

Carroll
09-13-2013, 08:09 PM
I will get paid since it is work related

Beverley Sims
09-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I assume you have been out to everyone in one way or another.

Rogina B
09-14-2013, 07:50 AM
It is all good so have fun with it at work! On the first part of your post,[and I don't know of where you identify on the "T" scale] I would consider a sitdown talk with your son and then with both your son and girlfriend...Kids change "their friend" [m or f] sometimes many times growing up,so there will be a lot of people that you never thought of that will know a whole lot about you,most likely. So,I would express how important or not,your feminine self is to you,and answer any questions they EACH may have..get it right,cause you can't fix it easily after.....consider it as a press release..

Carroll
09-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Beverley, Yes I am out to most of the people at the center I work out of.
Rogina, I generally do not dress in front of my kids, even though they know and don't care. As far as dressing in front of their friends, it just wont happen unless it's something like Halloween. They just don't need that kind of harassment in school.
The town I live it, Ithaca, NY, is overall an accepting community. Once even voted as "The most Enlightened city in the US" (http://www.utne.com/Politics/Americas-Most-Enlightened-Towns-Ithaca-New-York.aspx#axzz2esWFFPXu)

StephanieDragg
09-14-2013, 10:30 AM
wow that is awesome, all of my family knows I dress so I have been in front of them dressed, but never at work, I think it'd be great if I could dress at work as I please, but have kept my cd life quite separate from that based on the people that work here, sometimes I help a lady friend who owns a resale shop next door and have been asked to hostess some events in glbt community, and even play softball in gurl mode most weekends of the season, I guess we are always looking for more reasons to blend our lifestyle into our lives..... so when the opportunity comes grab it and have fun!

kimdl93
09-14-2013, 10:38 AM
First of all, what's a 14 year old doing with a girlfriend....kids these days! Just kidding. Anyway, what a great kid. I trust he's fully aware of his father's uniqueness. As for work, sounds like fun!

JenniferLynn0370
09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
You have the chance to dress and be paid for it??? That is FANTASTIC!!! I would absolutely love to do that. Hope you do it and have a wonderful time doing so. Who knows, maybe it will lead to more opportunities to dress at work? Good luck girl!

Carroll
09-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Dressing up at work is a very rare opportunity. I don't work in a building per say. I work out of a central location, but only go there every two weeks to turn in paperwork and any training needed. I work people with developmental disabilities so I go to their house and take them out into the community.