PDA

View Full Version : the need to explain

Shelly2069
12-26-2005, 01:40 PM
As a CD, which I hate being defined by some kind of label, especially one that sounds like a clinical thing, like ADD or something. Here's some of an email I wrote recently, which I'm sure many of you share similar thoughts. I find writing helps to explain myself and in the process, I find I understand more about myself. Honestly, I'd like to be thought of just as a person. Sorry if who I'am isn't what you and the world expects me to be.

Sometimes I use the term transgender, because it sounds more modern I suppose. There's many levels and favors of personality, sexuality and different things that people enjoy.

More to the point, I would fall under the definition of crossdresser, hehehe. I know it has a less than attractive sounding name. A few times a month I dress up for a few hours on a Saturday evening at home. As a side note, 99 percent of male crossdressers do not go and have sex change operations, nor do they have mental disorders.

When your a young crossdresser it's very exciting to try on a pair of heels, hose or female undergarmets. It's something that society tells you not to do as male. I suppose that's part of the thrill. Nobody knows exactly why some men crossdress. Some say lack of a father figure, other say genetic reasons. Maybe it's just preference, why do some people favor chicken over lobster?

On the other hand, a woman can wear anything under the sun and nobody raises an eyebrow. There's no studies on why some woman dare to wear hiking boots, hehehee.
When you think about things in those terms it isn't all that confusing or as misunderstood.

As an older crossdresser spending a few hours dressed up is a release for me. It's an opportunity to remove myself from the pressures and stresses of everday life. For a few hours I get to be somewhat of a different person, it just happens to be of another gender. By doing my makeup, hair(wig), and picking an outfit that compliments my new appearance It's a euphoric and relaxed feeling. My mind is removed from the bills and job, the everday grind so to speak. Some people go fishing for this feeling and some do drugs or drink. Why do I crossdress, I guess it's my preference of choice. Of course, I have many other interests and things I enjoy too.

There is a sexual element to crossdressing as well. There is the taboo factor. In some instances giving up your masculinity can be as exciting, as a woman taking charge in the bedroom. I suspect that due to the social pressure placed on men all our lives, we should all be aggressive Rambo's, most men and women may not feel comfortable with such freedom.

I might not be the typical guy, but I believe there are many benefits such as having a relationship with a woman that the average guy might not achieve. For one thing as a crossdresser we are very in touch with our feels, which leads to openiness. We share more interests in commom. We don't see women as different , but equals. In some sense having felt the pressures a woman faces to be the unachieveable perfect 10, we're mindful when a woman does go out of her way.

I'm not trying to sell you anything, but I do hope you have a better understanding of someone like little ole me, hehehe. There really is much more on the topic, but I hope I might have given insight to your knowledge and comfort level.

10 years ago, we never heard of professional female golfers or even boxers. Nobody thinks twice when a woman steps into what was considered a man's world. Unfortuately, the same standard doesn't apply to men. Most people have a full range of emotions, if a woman can engage in and enjoy the rush of sports, while doning a Nike cap, polo shirt or boxing gloves, why can't a guy engage in a makeover session and experience femininity or is that just reserved for the girls? No men allowed. Certainly just because a woman might enjoy something like golf doesn't mean she will cut her hair off and start power weight lifting, hehehe, anymore than a guy like myself would go get a breast job.

If your reading this and saying what's the point, you already missed it.

Michelle Hart
12-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Nicely written!!

Sweet Susan
12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Absolutely! You've written my memoir. How dare you!

pauleen
12-26-2005, 03:31 PM
You share the same view,s on c/d as I do ,and probly the rest of us . the only thing that I can add is just my opinion. I guess just try to be ourselves,in
a safe and healthy manner. I for one are still in the closet . I have been outside of my house on a couple of occasions ,and maybe to a tri ess meeting. I live in an area where it isnt safe to express yourself ,by your self .
redneck country. although when in drab I dress do the redneck things like hunting , fishing, and driving my 4 wheel drive. my friends would reject me if they knew I wore a dress to feel comfortable ,or relax . so I guess I will be content to dressing exclusivlyat home for the time being. society has eched us to either men or women I guess thats the way it is for now unless the media mainstream changes it thats my belief.

Shelly2069
12-26-2005, 08:00 PM
A few years back I did most of the things I thought might be fun as a tgirl. I did the clubs, bars and transgender events. Made a ton of friends in the process.

For me have done those things for a while they got boring too. I never been one for clubs, dressed or not, although once in while getting out is necessary and fun. My thrill with crossdressing is trying to look better and more convincing than the last time. Recently, I was able to get a high quality human hair wig for a great price. What a pain in the ass, but I do enjoy styling it and the look is far past anything a synthetic wig can do.

Kimberly
12-26-2005, 08:34 PM
That's very cool. :) And personal, which is amazing.

More stories from people please!! I think then, we can show the broad spectrum of TGism here. xx

Helana
12-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Nice post.:)

The escapism part of CDing is certainly one of the more interesting parts. I sometimes wonder how dull my life would be if I could not indulge in my fantaises which have a direct connection to my emotional side. CDing has always been a pleasure to me, never a curse. Knowing what I now know, I would always choose to be a CD if given the choice.;)

ChristineRenee
12-27-2005, 08:07 AM
You have spoken for the masses here I think Shelly. Very well written and thought out!:thumbsup:;)