PDA

View Full Version : My extraordinary godson

AmyGaleRT
09-14-2013, 03:19 AM
This evening, I came out to my 9-year-old godson, with the approval of his mother (who already knew about Amy). He's actually quite open-minded about it, calling it "acceptable behavior" and believing that I should be able to be myself if I want to. His mother brought him up right!

He and I have been conversing via Skype while playing Minecraft; I am using Amy-voice, and he is being very polite and addressing me as "Amy" throughout. I am blissfully happy right now. :)

UPDATE to above: Since then, I've also let his older brother, who is 13, in on the secret. He's OK with it, too. My godsons' mother has certainly raised two wonderful boys!

- Amy

PaulaQ
09-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Amy, that is totally awesome! :D Kids can be so amazing. <3

Marcelle
09-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Beautiful story Amy.

Hugs

Isha

Cynthia Anne
09-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful little story!!

Julie Denier
09-14-2013, 10:47 AM
That's terrific, Amy! Sometimes the greatest things really do come in small packages ;)

Lorileah
09-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Great Amy. :) It was a wonderful night all around, good to see you again

vallerie lacy
09-14-2013, 11:10 AM
don't we all wish that the acceptance disease would catch on everywhere

kimdl93
09-14-2013, 12:32 PM
What a great, and articulate, young man!

Beverley Sims
09-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Amy someone is giving him good guidance.
So glad it is working for you.

AmyGaleRT
09-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Amy someone is giving him good guidance.
So glad it is working for you.

I credit his mother with giving him that good guidance...his mother (Sabrina's best friend and "Sissy") actually has a brother who was a CD, so she was quick to understand my Amy-self, and has raised her children to be open-minded. My godson himself had a friend when he was younger (and the family lived elsewhere) who was a boy that loved to play with Barbie dolls, as he told me last night.

This came at the end of an evening where I'd had one of my group meetings, followed by several hours at the Black Crown with Lori and others. And over the course of the evening I had to use the ladies' room twice, once at the Black Crown, once at the supermarket where I stopped on the way home to buy Sabrina an apple pie, so I'm getting more comfortable with doing that as part of being out and about in the feminine role. So it was a great day all around. :D

- Amy

Angie G
09-14-2013, 07:54 PM
That's awesome Amy. He sounds like quite a little man.:hugs:
Angie

AmyGaleRT
09-14-2013, 07:58 PM
That's awesome Amy. He sounds like quite a little man.:hugs:

He is. And what's more, he has beautiful long hair, and he would probably make a really cute girl, too. ;)

(I told him this. He agrees with me. Doesn't mean I would encourage him to do so, though...not unless he felt the desire to.)

- Amy