PDA

View Full Version : Bus pass and toilets

SophieKitty
09-15-2013, 03:17 AM
Say you're dressed in public and unrecognisable, even passable. If you are using a bus pass with your male ID what's the easiest way to deal with the situation when someone asks to see your pass?

Also if you are in public, again passable which toilet do you use. I presume female?

Beverley Sims
09-15-2013, 04:27 AM
When asked for a rail pass id on the tube once with a weekly ticket I produced alternative ID out of my purse.
The only comment was "I can see the likeness, have a nice day."

biggirlsarah
09-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Surely if it is possible to get a bus pass in your female gender then that would be the best way forward, also as you are in the uk then as far as toilets are concerned, don't quote me on this but if you are presenting as female then use the female toilets but if someone complains you are open to the charge of a breach of the peace, but if you present as female and you use the male toilets and someone complains the you are open to the charge of soliciting, although I have used female toilets the safest way is to use non gender specific disabled toilets if available.

Bifrost
09-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Toilet: I say Female. Just check local law in case there's something which could get you in more trouble than going into the males. Oh and absolutely sit down to pee.

Bus pass: Well for me it would be just use the male one & own it! Give the clerk a wink and move on. ;)

stephNE
09-15-2013, 07:37 AM
I recently used my atm card while out en femme, and the clerk asked to see another ID. SO I showed her my drivers license. She looked at it and me for a minute and then said "OK", accepted it and I went on my way.

Cheryl T
09-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Just show them the pass...if needed show some other id as well to confirm.
As for the restroom...when in Rome. When I'm out I always use the ladies room. I would prefer to deal with someone there who objects than some testosterone filled idiot who wants to make a scene and show how macho he is.

Kate Simmons
09-15-2013, 08:22 AM
I figured you would be going to the loo. :heehee: In any case that would have to be entirely your own judgment call Hon. :)

5150 Girl
09-15-2013, 02:28 PM
When I had my DL photo taken I was highly angrogenous. The photo could relly go either way. However the name on my DL is Brian. However, I tell people "That Bee-an, give the I an E sound"

As for the toidy, When dressed, I use the laidie's room. And I'm out dressed alot. I'm working on going full time. Somtimes when aproaching the rooms, I have to stop and check myself, to see how I'm presenting before prociding to one room or the other

reb.femme
09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi Sophie,

Haven't used my bus pass en femme yet, but the only problem you are likely to encounter is a less than open-minded driver/ticket checker trying to show you up. I know one or two of this particular breed, as I have close family in various forms of transport in London :straightface:. If the card is yours, you are committing no crime by presenting as female. Just have alternative ID to prove who you are, if the need arises.

Dressed as a girl - use the girl's toilets. Can't conceive of a reason why you would venture to the men's if dressed femme. As already stated, the prospect of confronting some testosterone filled idiot is highly likely.

Rebecca

Vicky_Scot
09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Surely if it is possible to get a bus pass in your female gender then that would be the best way forward, also as you are in the uk then as far as toilets are concerned, don't quote me on this but if you are presenting as female then use the female toilets but if someone complains you are open to the charge of a breach of the peace, but if you present as female and you use the male toilets and someone complains the you are open to the charge of soliciting, although I have used female toilets the safest way is to use non gender specific disabled toilets if available.

In the UK if you are presenting female you are legally allowed to use female toilets. Rule is straight in, do whjat your there to do and then straight out.

But save all this debate, use the disabled toilet.

Jilmac
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I haven't ridden public transit for many years but when I did, bus passes were generic and had no photo. In fact the same pass could be used by anybody in possession of it. If I were to use one now, I doubt I would have any trouble with my alter ego. As far as using the ladies toilet when dressed, that's a given.

NathalieX66
09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Show it. Who cares if your ID has male or female. You are you.
I can attest by saying that I flew pretty last week From Baltimore to Atlanta, and back while wearing a dress , and I was able to check my bag at the ticket counter, and get through airport security, and board the plane in both cases. I always have to show some form of ID, which says I'm male.

Same thing when I rode the Amtrak Acela train from New York City to Boston.

I'm in the US, so I have no idea how the UK operates.

Nikki A.
09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
When dressed I use the ladies room. So far no problems.
As far as the bus pass, as long as you have your ID you should be fine. After all if you can go through airport security pretty, a bus should be no problem.

Pinky188
09-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I have an I.D. picture of me in girl mode so... no problems their. And yes, I use the girls room. But, I see your problem. When asked to see your I.D. and its a guy in the picture, just tell them that it is a pre-op photo! You gotta learn to have fun with the awkward situations that you come accross!!!

SophieKitty
09-16-2013, 03:17 AM
I'm going to have to get an ID card methinks

lucy two
09-16-2013, 03:39 AM
In England it's not illegal to use the female toilets when presenting as a man or to use the men's toilets when presenting as female the only time you commit an offence is when you are doing something else other than what the toilet is meant for and that comment came from a woman police constable in Norwich directly to me.