PDA

View Full Version : Has a change in job role affected your crossdressing?

Stephy
09-15-2013, 07:10 AM
I have recently changed job roles, moving from being a general staff member to a team lead position overseeing 10 people and having more interaction with senior managers in the company. Before this I didn't care if anyone saw me shopping for ladies clothes, but now I am starting to worry about who sees me, what they will think, and how it will affect my relationship with others at work. I have also taken risks like wearing ladies gym clothing at gym and heeled ladies boots around town. I wonder if I should stop taking risks, shop further away, or at a different time. I have always looked locally during my lunchbreak, but the consequences of being recognised now seem higher. Maybe it is just in my mind. Maybe the risks have always been high, or maybe people don't care as much as I think.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Cheryl T
09-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Perhaps it's time to minimize your risks and if you are concerned about shopping then do so in a town farther from home where you won't be recognized.

Just because you don't flaunt it in public, like the gym clothing and such doesn't mean it lessens you or detracts from your dressing. It just means you care more for your privacy. Don't forget that the promotion generally comes with increased compensation which means you can afford more things for your dressing.

Kate Simmons
09-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Just because you now "hob nob" with the big boys and girls doesn't mean you have to change being who you are Hon. Of course that would depend a lot of what you consider being more important to you. :battingeyelashes::)

Marcelle
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi Stephy,

I guess it comes down to risk management on your part. You indicated in your post that before the promotion happened you did not care who saw you buying women's clothing. Does that mean that some people at work know you CD? If so, the cat may already be out of the bag and it may be a non-issue.

Do you have reason to believe that being CD will jeopardize your new position? If so, it might be wise to exercise caution unless you really don't care.

I sometimes find we (the community) tend to think in absolutes. Once you go down a road (i.e., come out) there can be no going back to a more secretive existence as you are giving up on yourself. This is not true. As life is not a linear concept going in one direction steadily, but made up of curves and turns, we all have to accept limitations/changes to ensure we do not cause harm to us and those who we love.

If you feel that discretion is the best course of action, then that is the best option for you at this time IMHO. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't move forward as you get more establish and test the waters of your new position . . . everything in life is open for re-negotiation. You just need to decide when the time is right.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
09-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I feel that some risk management will come into play especially if you have a wider circle of friends.
You do need to have a good job to progress through life.
It is all about priorities.

Sabrina133
09-15-2013, 09:23 AM
well, when i was in the army, i was extremely careful about my CDing. Now that am out of the army, most at work know i CD extensively.

Nyla F
09-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Stephy,
A few years ago I changed jobs, and I now work for a larger company. This means there are more people from work I could bump into. While I'm shopping in drab for women's clothes I'm always worrying about someone I know seeing me. But it hasn't' stopped me. In looking at the risks, I thing it is still unlikely I'll see the men from work in the lingerie department (unless they too are CD). I feel really exposed at Goodwill where men in the men's section can easily see a few rows over to who is in the women's section. But then, it is unlikely to see the professionals I work with at Goodwill. And for me, I can always claim to be shopping for my wife, although a gift of used clothing would be very strange.

When the opportunity presents itself, I do enjoy shopping far away from home. I fell less stress and enjoy it more. So that alone could make it worth it to drive the extra 50 miles or so.

AllieSF
09-15-2013, 01:54 PM
I would say that your common sense is sending you an important message that you need to understand and maybe act upon. Unless you "need" to dress all the time, push the envelope as often as possible, or plan on eventually transitioning, you really need to respect and maintain your source of income for today and into the future. Toning it down some may be the best option, if you have other options, like the towns and cities further down the road. We have enough problems trying to live and survive in this wonderful and sometimes unpredictable world that we live in. Why add "unnecessary" problems to it when we can avoid them all together. Everyone's situation has its uniqueness and only you can and should make those decisions that are so important to you. Good luck however you decide.

sandra-leigh
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I went the other way. After being transferred out of small-time management, I could be more free to wear what I wanted.

~Joanne~
09-15-2013, 02:48 PM
If you are feeling that you should use caution, then by all means you probably should. We seldom go with our "gut" feelings on things and it usually comes back to haunt us in one way or the other at a later time. Going a bit further out to do your shopping is a good idea, depending on how far out you go, it could open up more options than you have now like trying things on and such as no one will know you. Congrats on the new job, they are hard to come by these days.

Requal Jo
09-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Welcome Stephy, I too need to be conscious of where I shop because of my employment and hobby being masculine and very male dominated. Hence I shop away from my home. I also know where other staff members and friends live and shop to again reduce the risk of coming in contact with them while shopping.

As time progresses you will become confident with the other members of your employment environment and will make judgements based on these feelings.

If correct I also notice that it is a promotion within the company, so senior members may have already seen you shopping previously.

mikiSJ
09-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I was recently in upper management and was forced into retirement from a very "A" personality industry (Real Estate Development). I would never, ever have let anyone in my management stream have the slightest hint of Miki.

On the other hand, a friend of mine on this forum has risen in the ranks of some very prominent companies and was realistically accepted. I think the nature of the beast has to control your experience.

Now that I don't have that problem - Miki is coming alive!!

BLUE ORCHID
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi Stephy, My job change was for the better, I retired 4.5 yrs. ago