PDA

View Full Version : Can my earlobe give it away.

Maria 60
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Last night my sister in law asked me if I wear only my diamond stud earrings or if I wear different type. I asked her why, she said that my earlobe shows signs of pulling down almost like I am wearing more heavier lady earrings. I told her I wear small loops once in a while, but she said the small loops wouldn't do that and pointed to my mother in laws earlobe showing me how her earring hole is dropping because she wears heavy earrings. I told her that was interested and she said is there anything else she should know.I laughed and started to think to myself you don't have to get caught wearing a skirt and pantyhose for people to find out you cross dress, other parts of the body that people will notice going famine. Well she is right my earring hole is starting to drop, I wonder what else is changing on my body and I don't even notice it.

Cynthia Anne
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Very true! Heavy earrings can do that! I'm just past caring who notices anymore!!

Aly Cat
09-15-2013, 09:08 PM
For me it wouldnt matter because my ears have been pierced for about 10 years and have been gauged to double 0s at one point. I don't really wear earrings anymore but my ear holes will always be around an 8 gauge. Needless to say mine will always look "pulled" but ive never had anyone ask me about them. Your sis in law is one observant chick!

Beverley Sims
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
" I wonder what else is changing on my body and I don't even notice it."

Just watch your boobs. :)

Susanna66
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I've gotten to the point where it is my ears and don't care how others feel. I get no negative comments. Double pierced as of yesterday

Eryn
09-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Your ear holes won't give you away, but your reaction to the Nosy Nellie might.

Sounds to me like she's playing too much detective. Every pierced ear is different and I'm sure that somewhere out there is a woman who only wears studs but has elongated holes for some reason.

Emogene
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Don't know about earlobes giving us away but many women by their very nature are very observant and detail oriented. Just look at how they dress, do their hair and makeup.

Just as a thought, is this a chick or egg situation? By that I mean, has she picked up on something else and is letting you know that she knows.

As an example, my partner tells me that she can tell when Emo is present based on my mannerisms, how I hold my head, hands, arms, etc. She also notices how I stand. She also has told me how I speak and communicate changes significantly. I could go on and on. She says she can even tell when I am under dressed.

So ladies, I suspect I am not unique in this regard. Similarly, I suspect that my SO is not unique. Which leads one to conclude that we may not be as deep in the back of the closet as we like to believe.

Just a thought!

Joanne f
09-16-2013, 04:02 AM
It is not something that I have ever noticed and I would have thought that you would need to wear quite heave earrings for that to happen , maybe she was just trying to get you to talk about it as she may have noticed other things .

mariehart
09-16-2013, 04:45 AM
I also think she has spotted other clues. Subtle things gave me away too. Slightly more cultured eyebrows for example. That was brought up once. But I think many of us give off body language clues we're unaware of.
I think on of my sisters in law has an idea not because of earrings which I don't wear but other little clues. She regularly jokes about my crossdressing. Somewhat pointed at times.

I wonder though if that means acceptance. I think not.

linda allen
09-16-2013, 07:02 AM
.................... Well she is right my earring hole is starting to drop, I wonder what else is changing on my body and I don't even notice it.

As you age, your entire body will start to drop! :heehee:

I think you would have to be wearing really heavy earrings for long periods before there would be a significant change in your earlobes.

joan47
09-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Thin arched eyebrows are a good clue that you might be a little feminine

Jodi
09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Maria, Your sister-in-law doesn't have much to occupy her mind, and I would have told her so.

Jodi

kimdl93
09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
are you wearing fairly heavy earrings?

Lorileah
09-16-2013, 06:32 PM
and remember your ears keep growing through life. Have you looked at older peoples ears????

kimdl93
09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
All I have to do is look in the mirror to see old person ears!

sometimes_miss
09-17-2013, 07:01 AM
I only wore very light clip on earrings until I found the magnetic ones with the rare earth magnets. They stay on VERY well, and, after a couple hours, they pinch so much they hurt more than the clip-ons. But they don't fall off. Got very pretty half carat diamond studs on ebay, they were cheap, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-magnetic-magnet-diamond-style-crystal-stud-earrings-/120806248895?pt=UK_JewelleryWatches_WomensJeweller y_Rings_SR&var=&hash=item1c209d11bf

Oh god, these are so cute I almost fell off the wagon to wear them. Heart shaped studs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-tone-classic-magnetic-magnet-crystal-heart-earrings-/120825822423?pt=UK_JewelleryWatches_WomensJeweller y_Rings_SR&hash=item1c21c7bcd7

I will not dress today, I will not dress today, and I will not buy those earrings. Man, sometimes this is hard. I shouldn't have gone on ebay, now it will start to suggest all those pretty dresses and jewelry when I sign on again. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now I have to go back and browse for tools for a week to clear the list of what they suggest to me. If anyone knows how clear ebay's suggestions, please PM me and let me know. Thanks.