PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle

Dianne S
09-16-2013, 06:17 AM
A fairly major milestone... on Saturday night, my wife and I went to a CD social group's potluck. I used to belong to the group, but for various reasons hadn't gone in 17 years.

When we got there, I met a CDer I knew from the "old days" which made me feel very relieved... at least we'd know someone there! It turned out to be a very pleasant evening and even my wife said it went much better than she expected. I'll definitely be going to the next social and I'm even planning my dress for the Christmas party. :)

Another milestone... I came out (again) to my mother. I was worried my kids would start talking about how we went to a potluck supper without them and for various reasons, my mother would have probed. I didn't want to be evasive in front of the kids, so I gave her the background. She asked a few questions and left it at that, so it went well. I had come out to her 24 years ago, but she never mentioned it again.

Sarah Beth
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm glad you and your wife had a nice time at the potluck. I have to say that I am really envious of those of you who live places where its possible to do such things.

If I told my mother she would have a heart another heart attack, so I am glad you mother didn't over react to your news.

Beverley Sims
09-16-2013, 06:50 AM
Dawn welcome back into the saddle so to speak. :)
You do have to keep some social life going. :)