PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it! :)

Lisa Maren
12-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Hi all!

I went outside tonight dressed en femme! I left my place at 12:30 am. I was wearing a (dark) denim knee-length skirt, black opaque tights over black pantyhose (to try to make my musculature as subtle as possible), and a turtle neck, but that was hidden under the coat I was wearing that has a hood and a wrap-around feature that covers the lower half of your face. I definitely used that hood! It's rainy tonight or else I wouldn't have used that. Anyway, you couldn't see the turtle neck (or really my face either).

I’ll have to post the picture later (the battery on my camera’s dead and I’m going to bed after I’m done writing this).

Well. Right as I walked out of the exit door I saw, out of the corner of my eye, two guys walking my way from my left side, damn it! I turned right and, well, hustled away (as femininely as I could lol) -- but not before I heard one say, "That's crazy! I wish I had my camera!" They were only about ten feet away or maybe less when I turned right. lol Oh well. It's not like I wasn't aware of the risk. I just kept my eyes on the ground and walked the other way. I mostly remembered to walk femininely. I'm cautiously optimistic that I did a decent job of that. (I also know that a first timer like me isn't the best judge of that.) A couple of times I passed an unforseen person hanging out in a doorway (but got no comments -- and I heard them talking, probably on a cellphone, so I know they weren't asleep). I never bothered to look up at them. I walked by one establishment with the lights still on. I think it was a small market -- I didn't bother to look up.

We have a doorperson here, so I went back in through the garage and changed in my car lol.

That was quite an experience. Lisa was certainly glad to be free for a while! :chained: I guess there are a couple of things I couldn't forsee (like the comment or the people in doorways) but all in all that went well. For a couple of blocks it was kind of anticlimatic because there wasn't anyone around and nothing happened. (This was a six block walk total). I almost felt normal walking around as at those times.

I did enjoy the experience even though I was nervous the whole time. I was a bit embarrassed by the comment but just so long as they didn't see my face -- which I don't imagine they did -- I don't care too much.

For those who have gone out en femme, did you go through... well a process of reassuring yourself that it wasn't a bad idea? lol I don't own a wig yet and probably still need to practice my walk, but my face was covered well enough that you couldn't really see it that well. You couldn't see it at all from the side and you couldn't tell how long my hair was or anything if you were looking at me, thanks to the hood. I'm informed as to the city's attitude towards crossdressers (it doesn't really bother people here) and I'm also informed as to what types of crimes occur in my neighborhood -- the worst ones in the past year were break-ins to parked cars and that's it. Oh and they caught one person out there somewhere with drugs on him, but he was just a user (meaning not a dealer) and he wasn't even using at the time; he just had it on him. The police only approached him because his behavior was suspicious. (I found this out when the fire department and police department gave their annual little talk to the residents of my building. It's quite nice that they do that.) For a big city, that's pretty good! It's a fairly safe area. I knew fully well that I might be read or might get a comment, so I'm certainly not naive or anything like that! :bonk: lol I guess it just felt a bit out of control due to the little surprises. lol That first surprise threw me a bit out of whack.

I just want Lisa to be able to go out there and be who she is. She feels very cooped up indeed. I'm also tired of living my life in fear of so many things. I'm one of those people who worries about things entirely too much. :slap: That grew old years ago, and yet... still I fret. Oh, the humanity! :lol2:

Just for the record, none of the above stops me from being thrilled with myself that I had the gumption to do it! Will I do that again? I don't know. Not anytime soon, anyway, but I'm not ruling anything out.

Anyway, if you're still reading this (long!) post thanks for reading! I hope everyone's having a good holiday season!

Hugs,
Lisa

jayne-T
12-26-2005, 05:30 AM
you look so feminine --cant imagine anyone not admiring you and saying what a pretty girl

are you sure they werent trying to come on to you instead of feeling being a togh spot??

my first few times out i went to a mall on a dark cold winter day --so my long coat and beret sort of hid my appearences --- as the mall closed and we exited a cute younger guy --im in my 50s he's about 25 sort of pushes ahead of me --then turns around and says --he's so sorry ma'am didnt realize he was being
awful ----i smiled and said in a low wisper voice its ok ---it had started to snow and he asked if he could walk me to my car ----i was terriifed but also so excited -- he prob thought he was going to get lucky with an older woman

when we got to my car i thanked him as it as my car had a lot of snow --he helped brush it off ---i positioned my face close to his at one point

email me at jaysontxyz@yahoo.com and i can tell you the rest of the story
Jayne

Melinda G
12-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Going out too late at night invites trouble. Real women don't walk down the street late at night in heels, except for hookers, and you may be approached for that reason.
I like to go out shortly after dark, and be back in before 11:30 or so.
I shave from the neck down, do my toes and fingernails. Then I put on makeup and a nice wig. You can buy them online. I have several nice short dresses I like to wear, but I usually get a little carried away, while getting dressed, and wind up wearing sheer to the waist pantyhose and just a teddy or chemise, and some ankle strap heels, under my coat. No one knows but me, and it's a real kick. Sometimes I only wear lacetop thi highs and a chemise, and no pantys. Just knowing how little I have on under the coat is a real turn on. I can pass with no trouble. I like to walk down a well lighted commercial street, and look at myself in the store windows, which are like giant mirrors. I frequently get whistles or honks from people who have no clue. A while back, some testerone crazed kid leaned out the window, and yelled, "I love you"! It made my night, even tho I wasn't looking for any attention from guys. I can walk better than some women I know, in heels. I also like to have a glass of wine while I'm getting ready to go out. Helps to relax a bit.
In the summer, I go out walking way out in the woods, where there are no people. I usually just wear some high heeled sandals, and a teddy or chemise. No need to bother with the makeup or wig, because no one will see me, I hope. As I walk through the woods, I often drop the teddy or chemise side of the trail and continue walking, wearing only the sandals. Feels great!
I will try and post a photo here.
I am only wearing a lace teddy onder the coat, but as you can see, nobody knows but me!
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/6901/m111nv.jpg

Brenda Locke
12-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Well at least you didn't turn around and go back inside!
They say the first time is the hardest and I have to agree with that.
With practice and experience your confidence will grow, keep at it. :thumbsup:

LOL Brenda

Wendy me
12-26-2005, 04:14 PM
veary cool just rember this be safe i can't say that enough out and testing new warters is always cool and a rush but safty should always be your frist thought way to go on getting out ....

Melinda G
12-26-2005, 04:20 PM
It takes a little getting used to. We tend to think everyone is watching us, and knows. In most cases you aren't even noticed, or figured out, unless you are too obvious. The eye tends to accept what it sees, unless there is an obvious reason not to.

Kathleen3359
12-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi!!! And yes good job.. I agree with Wendy you have to be safe..
I grew up in the bay area and i know what you went through..
It was a rush for me the first time.. So excited to do it..
I went out out about noon in broad daylight.. Due to the safty fact..
It builds confiedence and it makes you double check everything
from your head to your toes..
I am Happy for you.. Keep going girl..

Kathleen:)

CarmenG
12-26-2005, 05:05 PM
you took the first step.... you are just too good looking to be hiding...i would put you on a pedestal for the world to see.
you are beautiful !!!!

Kimberly
12-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah... I know how you feel re: cooped up. I'm on the verge of just dressing up and walking out - as easy as that. It's driving me absolutely mad.

Lisa Maren
12-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Thank you for your replies, everyone! You've been very supportive and I gotta love that! :D

I am a big advocate for safety, too. I know that there aren't any assaults in this neighborhood (at least not in the last year), but that's certainly no guarantee.

That's one reason I'm going to wait a while to go out again. I will also want to have a decent wig and decent makeup skills before I go out again (that and a little padding wouldn't hurt lol). I'll probably go out at some point again, though. I do like being outside and pretending to be female. In addition, I think I might also go elsewhere for a walk to avoid the potential problem of someone who wants to stalk me seeing me come out of my building and thus knowing where to find me. I know of another safe neighborhood only a ten minute drive away where I know the location of the police station. That way, in the event of a problem, I can bite my lip and go there for help if I need to.

It's true that people aren't staring at you with binoculars, that it only feels that way. lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Laura Jane
12-26-2005, 07:33 PM
For those who have gone out en femme, did you go through... well a process of reassuring yourself that it wasn't a bad idea? lol I don't own a wig yet and probably still need to practice my walk, but my face was covered well enough that you couldn't really see it that well. You couldn't see it at all from the side and you couldn't tell how long my hair was or anything if you were looking at me, thanks to the hood.

Hugs,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I'm also taking the first few steps out the door and it does take a lot of psyching myself up to step out and an awful lot of checks in the mirror.

Without a womans crowning glory, nice long hair, its incredibly difficult to look feminine.

Going out after dark seems like nice cloak to help us pass, but the population of the street is very different at those times.

The best way to practise is to go somewhere quiet and not crowded during daylight and try your walking etc.

Dana
12-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Perhaps off topic ~ but I remember the EXILIARATION of putting on a pair of my GF panties, nightgown and frock and JUST STEPPING OUTSIDE THE BACKDOOR! Thinking! The world can just kiss my azz! LOL!

Dana
12-27-2005, 03:14 AM
That's what got it for me ~the exhiliration! To be me! To be as I wanted to be ~ to be as I needed to be! No social constraints! No cultural constraints!
No religious constraints! To express myself! As me!

Bridget
12-27-2005, 04:04 AM
I don't usually need to psych myself up beforehand, but sometimes when backed into a corner (such as in a situation where someone forces me to use my voice) that's where i tend to freeze up and need to psych myself up to do something.

I've gone out twice this month, once during the day and once in the evening. The day trip wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either. My friend was too naive to take my fears of being outed in public seriously. This was a planned trip i thought i needed to take. The second one was where my roommate asked me if i wanted a burrito, and i was simply too lazy to change out. So he called in the order and we went. And that trip went off perfectly.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
lisa

just do what you are comfortable with..when i was younger i went out in skirts and sweaters with no wig or makeup.. when i think back on that i feel like i wouldn't want to that again BUT now i get all dolled up and go into the mall for crying out loud...

its great to be out if that's what you are into...crossdressing is so intensely personal you just have to figure out what you like to do and then get up the guts to go for it..

MsJanessa
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Well hon, assuming the photo on your avatar is you and not Aylissa Milano, you shouldn't have any trouble at all passing on a darkened street---I remember the first time I went out---it took all My nerve but trust Me it get a lot easier the more times you do it.xoxoxox:dom:

Kaitlyn Michele
12-27-2005, 06:11 PM
if that avatar is her i'll eat 500 pairs of high heel sneakers..

i dont think she's trying to pass off that avatar as her anyways

cathy b
12-27-2005, 06:21 PM
congrats. now the fun realy starts. let youself go.;)

Julie York
12-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Going out too late at night invites trouble. Real women don't walk down the street late at night in heels, except for hookers.

Sometimes I only wear lacetop thi highs and a chemise, and no pantys. Just knowing how little I have on under the coat is a real turn on. I can pass with no trouble. I like to walk down a well lighted commercial street, and look at myself in the store windows, which are like giant mirrors. I frequently get whistles or honks from people who have no clue.

nobody knows but me!
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/6901/m111nv.jpg

Oh you just have to love this forum!!

Beats anything on television.

Julie York
12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Lisa never said that was her.

Rachael R
12-27-2005, 07:18 PM
My first public outing , I was absolutely terrified.

I traveled to NYC to attend a party strictly for CD's. I was wearing my best cocktail dress with all the accessories and when I left my motel room, I felt that I looked better than I ever had before. But I was still scared.

NYC being what it is, I couldn't find parking anywhere near the party, I had to park about 4 blocks away. I think I sat in the car for about 15 to 20 minutes before I told myself that "girl, you've wanted this your entire life, now is your chance, don't blow it"!!!!

I get out of the car, put on my best feminine walk and slowly and deliberately walked right up Lexington Ave to the party. Although there were many people out on the sidewalk, I didn't get any funny looks, no catcalls, no problems whatsoever. I remembered to hold my head up and act like I belonged there.

I ended up having the most wonderful time of my life at that party, It was truly my coming out and after that there was no keeping Rachael behind closed doors. I will always cherish the memory of that night.

Rachael R.