PDA

View Full Version : On shaving my legs.

susan howard
12-26-2005, 04:58 PM
This is one of my most favourite activities. I really look forward to a good shave and hate having any stubble. I run a lovely hot bath and add plenty of bubbles and ooooooooooooooh, oooooooooooooooooh......................

Kimberly
12-26-2005, 05:44 PM
I just f*cked up a shave.

BAH!! ... Not using Venus and their shave gel ever again. I got that rash again - usually don't get it. Or I just need a new blade (and maybe the courage to actually go and buy some!)

xx

Christa
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I swear by the Schick Quattro for Women. Never a cut, and it's built to cover the larger surface area and tricky curves of legs.

A few tips for avoiding the red bumps/rash:
1. Have a nice soak in a warm tub before you start.
2. Change your blade regularly.
3. Rinse your blade frequently.
4. If you can stand it, apply some astringent (I use Clean & Clear w/ 2% Salicylic acid) before moisturizing. It minimizes infected follicles, but it stings like a mf! Worth the momentary discomfort though.

The end results is smoother legs that last for days without the rash. What could be better? Ahhh...

toni2304
12-26-2005, 07:05 PM
theres nothing like having fleshly shaved legs

Sweet Susan
12-26-2005, 08:48 PM

Nothing! Nothing at all!

susan howard
12-31-2005, 09:55 AM
hi toni,

ta for your comments. well have to chat sometime!

Katrina
12-31-2005, 10:19 AM
I just did my second shave today in the shower. Let me say, I love the feeling of freshly shaved legs. Putting on my (drab) jeans was a delightful sensation. I'm not sure if my GF will be happy, but I see myself keeping them shaved for a while.

ChristineRenee
12-31-2005, 10:30 AM
I swear by the Schick Quattro for Women. Never a cut, and it's built to cover the larger surface area and tricky curves of legs.

A few tips for avoiding the red bumps/rash:
1. Have a nice soak in a warm tub before you start.
2. Change your blade regularly.
3. Rinse your blade frequently.
4. If you can stand it, apply some astringent (I use Clean & Clear w/ 2% Salicylic acid) before moisturizing. It minimizes infected follicles, but it stings like a mf! Worth the momentary discomfort though.

The end results is smoother legs that last for days without the rash. What could be better? Ahhh...I'll second the opinion on the Schick Quattro as well Christa. Always get a smooth shave with it and no cuts...especially those sensitive areas like behind the knees and around the ankles. I liked the Venus too...but just found the Quattro to be superior to it for me!;)

Kath
12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
For an old gurl I've just shaved my legs for the first time ever. Gawd, it feel absolutely great, I know it's just me but it actually feels very sexy to feel my smooth legs under the covers. Can't wait to put on my pantyhose or nylons to see how much better they feel without a lot of hairs sticking through.

The wife is leaving town and this time of the year PJ's are the order of the day, so I can sort of hide it so thought I would try it. Now I wonder how long it will take to grow back past the sticky stubble stage when I have to return to normal. Half tempted to try the underarms now.

Smooth and sexy hugs, Kath

AmyH
12-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time on Tuesday and I love it. I only have to put on one pair of nylons instead of 2 or 3 to cover my hair. i figure I can keep them shaved for another month or 2 before I start to wear shorts again.

HaleyPink2000
12-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Noxema Shave Gell Girls! Thats what to use. It makes it longer between shaves. Walmart!!!

Haley:)

Tiffy
12-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks, that reminds me, I need to shave my legs before I go out to dinner tonight with the family. :)

Kisses, April Marie

Cesco
12-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Guys,
Does anyone have a guess as to how long it takes for the hairs to grow back on the legs?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

StacyP
12-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Absolutely love no hair, top of the head is still there though, the rest stays gone.

My hair grows so fast that I would have to shave ever other day.
No only that all the nicks, and sharp pointy regrowth.

Yep that's the macho way -- rip it out by the roots.
For me, I have nearly worn out a Braun Silk-Epil after about 8 years.
I get on average 3 weeks before is I notice the growth, very fine and light, and by 6 weeks it is outta here again [4 is the magic number].

Rikidee
12-31-2005, 03:49 PM
I also enjoy having shaved legs, mine have been shaved for almost 5 years. I always use a man's razor as I have found they shave closer but you do have to watch for nicks. For the rash I shave with a product that is called "Coochy Body Shave Cream" I was told about it by dancers that use it all the time. I have never had a rash when using it. I also use Jergens "Naturally Smooth" shave minimizing lotion to keep the hair from growing back so quickly, it also does a great job moisturizing your legs and body.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Girls!!! Why shave? Go to a salon and get a waxing! It feels wonderful and takes longer to grow out. Your legs feel incredible. After a few, your hair does not grow back except for a stray hair now and then. I love the waxing!!! Warm!! Sticky!! Smooth!!

RachelPortugal
01-01-2006, 04:22 AM
I am with StacyP.

My wife lets me use her Braun Silk Epil and its 4-6 weeks before I have to worry again - plus the regrowth is thinner. The backs of my calves are almost bare now.

I regret the odd times I shave when I don't have time to epilate because you have to let the stubble grow before epilating again.

jenna19
01-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Has anyone ever tried depilitory creams? If so what did you think about them? Also how about the rest of the body? Personally I hate having underarm hair and my chest only has about twelve hairs to start with. How about the genital area?:)

Adrianne
01-01-2006, 07:14 AM
I shave every part of my body and a gg friend of mine waxes my eyebrows every 2 weeks, they are wax on border line of female.

Wendy me
01-01-2006, 07:46 AM
altho gg's might complane abought shaveing ... i do so love to shave my legs and pits and a little trimming . i use the Venus and use noxzema shave gel
and it limits hair growth ...and works good i have to shave abought 2 to 3 times a week any stuble drives me nutts (short trip) i shave after a long hot shower and it only takes me 30 t0 45 minnetts .... hey i am high mant.. but worth it...

Leilani68
01-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I love to shave too;
It feels soo smooth and clean.
My Wife loves me shaved too, she can't get enough of me when I am Silky Smooth..................;)

Miss Lulu
01-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't necessarily enjoy the moment of shaving, maybe because I've been doing it for so long, but, I definitely enjoy the smooth, silky feeling afterward. I also enjoy caressing my legs as I apply some cream.

Sherrie
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I use a Smooth and Silky Ultra elecric razor on my legs. It gives me the closest shave. I do that every morning. I also shave the rest of my body including the full bikini area. For that I use a Mach3 razor and Satin Care shave gel. After hearing about the Noxima shave gel I am going to give that a try. Anything to help extend the time between shaving. As far as depilatory creams, they irritate me and I dislike them. Waxing is too painful, and leaves me very red for a couple of days afterward. But whatever works the best for you I would recomend. You'll just have to find out which is best for you. I have thought about epilators but have yet to try one.

StacyP
01-01-2006, 08:51 PM
i got an epilator a week b4 xmas, it was a little bit painful in use, but at the moment still no leg hair growth, the instructions say no growth for up to 3 weeks, so i use that in future.:)

I definately remember that first year or so, it does get better.
A few tips I got at the _school of hard yanks_.

DO NOT get that mechanical thing any where near soft thin skin.
Once one of those tweezers gets a hold of a piece it, it is like a nuclear reaction and instant _road rash_ [like putting a motorcylce down] but worse.
So upper inner thighs, scrotum and the rest, under arms, etc. should be used with extreme caution, some have done it but I did accidently only once.

Run it in different directions.
Yes the distructions say to follow the direction of hair growth, but not all the hair grows the same way and you will run yourself raw trying to get them.
Just change the angle of attact abit, back for delayed tweeze and into the rotation for earlier closing.
Also I move at a diagonal to the unit. This helps with the fact that there are gaps between the tweezers and you could be just totally missing it every time by going in a straight up/down line.

Also try using the unit rotation and moving against the _basic_ hair growth direction, that can pick up some that happened to break off close to the skin and get them on the second round

Take your time. I'm 5'7" 165lbs 40b-37c-35w-40h and it takes a good 30mins for the chest and abs and each leg. [1.5 to 2.0 hrs].

Have a comfortable room temp. Being hot causes the hairs to stick but being cold causes the normal hair reactions of winter and they are harder to rip out and possibly just break.

CLEAN-CLEAN-CLEAN....brush off and blow out the tweezer.
There is an old military saying: it is a disgrace to leave the dead laying, bury them or take them with you.
So _bury the dead ones_ [brush off] otherwise the unit spends too much time picking them up and moving them around instead of grabing the ones that have not been done.

Take a couple of Tylenol/Motrin/etc and/or a couple of your favorite drinks to help with the pain especially early on until you get used to it.

And as Nomad Rachael said and me too......the hairs eventually just give it up and quit growing back but those that dont are thiner, softer, have less color, pull easier and dont hurt, and you dont have a pointy regrowth.

Watch out for in-grown hairs. The hair has to totally regrow out the follicle. I use a wash pad that is made from this white stuff, like ScotchBrite, to help exfoliate and keep the pores open to reduce the in-grown problem.

I'm an advocate for Colloidal Silver but that is a different topic.
The British Army has now ordered underware from a maker that imbeds CS to help with bacterial problems [dang hot in the desert - is the word crotch-rot].
You can check your local health food store, they usually have it.
It does not burn, may give you relief and has no issues used external.
Use a spray bottle and rub it in [use about one ounce each time].

Nearly forgot the arms and under-arms just get a _pink razor_.

And thanks for reminding me it has been 3 weeks and just about read all over by next weekend.

Sally2005
01-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone else gets restless legs...feeling like you have to move them? Does shaving help? I found some postings that girls claim it helps and I thought its a good reason to give to others if they ask....but I was wondering if it makes any impact?

pattied
01-05-2006, 03:17 PM

Agreed!

Except maybe the feel of freshly shaved legs in stockings or between clean sheets!