PDA

View Full Version : Able to loose weight because of CDing

EllenJo
09-16-2013, 09:17 PM
10 years ago when I turned 50 my weight started going up due to age and a desk job. I eventually reached 255 on a 5'9" frame. My wife, family and my doctor all told me to bring it down without much cooperation from me. Well about a year ago I got disgusted with the fact that size 22W clothes were not very stylish. I set a goal to eat less, exercise more and slowly I have dropped 45 lbs and have about 15 to 20 to go. Last February when my wife became accepting of my CDing I really kicked it in gear, always joking that I wanted to regain my girlish figure. The last 2 skirts I purchased were size 16 and I have a goal of 14 with a couple of size 12s thrown in for good measure. I feel great and love what I am able to wear now days.

Just wondering if anyone else was motivated to get their weight under control because of their CD desires. I know it motivated me more than my wife, doctor or family. Of course the wife is the only one that knows why I really did it.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

gautier_nikolai
09-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Congrats.I know how losing weight can be frustrating and painful at times like many others too.Being able to fit into slimmer skirts and dresses and sometimes more fashionable things too can be a good motivator.You just need to buy a size smaller skirt or top or dress every so often til you're at your target weight.The carrot sometimes works better than the stick:D

Keep thinking about all the great new clothes you can buy when exercising and eating well!And show us all the cute pics along the way please!

Rileyaz
09-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I am loosing weight as well for the same reasons. I need to drop another 25 lbs and I will be happy. I need to get to weight watchers to kick it into high gear. right now it is just with exercise. Time to fix my diet!

PattiAllison
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
My story is very similar to yours. About 3 years ago I had gotten up to 254 lbs with high blood pressure and other possible health concerns. I immediately changed my diet, cut out all sweets and fatty foods and managed to lose over 80 lbs. My blood pressure is now well controlled with reduced meds and my overall health is much better. But the greatest benefit is that I fit nicely into size 12 jeans and skirts. I love it!

Tracii G
09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
I needed to lose weight and CDing was a big part of my motivation.:)

Sabrina69
09-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I been a waist down crossdresser, but with my supportive SO, and her eager encouragement, I am going to go head to toe. I am 195lbs at 5'8" so I also need to lose weight and started this weekend working out. I am shooting for 175, because I do not want to be too frail in my male mode.... a compromise. However, if my SO loves it too much, she may push me to lose more. In my situation, I needed the push and kept my feminine side "locked up" until the right time. I am now with the woman I know I will marry, and with her support I can let Sabrina out and she does not want to be a "plump" girl. :)

Rachael Leigh
09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
No doubt it is a motivator, for me I just loved the womens workout clothes so much it motivated me to exercise when I wore them. Not only that my wife and I found a wonderful weight loss product that is all natural. It's called Plexus one drink a day and you see results in a few weeks. I lost inches that were not coming off from pure exercise. Now I fit into large ladies workout shorts even can wear size 15 in junior shorts. I was in men's 38 or 40 jeans now a 36. It's great for sure

Beverley Sims
09-16-2013, 10:45 PM
CDing is a great motivation tool for losing weight.
When I come back after a long holiday it is nice to see myself in a size ten again.
I only have a couple of size ten dresses for setting targets.
I usually oscillate between twelve to sixteen.

Julie Denier
09-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! I'm engaged in the same battle, though I'm thrilled about the cute outfits I've found in size 22 after being a 28 at over 360# (under 300 at 6-2 now) ...

Ms Jennifer
09-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Very good for you. I bought a cute size 12 dress and left it hanging in front of my closet and finally got down to where it fit . Looking for a 10 now. My weight does go up and down so don't get discouraged. At least you are trying .

erickka
09-17-2013, 05:20 AM
I agree. The cutest and/or most stylish clothes usually are a size 16 or under. I have gone up a tad myself (to a size 16) but all of those size 10's and 12's that I love so much are my inspiration to lose the extra fluff. Congrats on your weight loss and may that size 12 be in your closet very soon!

Marcelle
09-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi EllenJo,

Congrats on your weight loss!

While weight is not a big issue for me (currently topping out at 165 on a 5'6" frame - can fit a size 12) it is mainly bulk from doing the typical gym rat workouts that is an issue. Now weight is weight and even my doctor suggested some time ago that given my age loosing some bulk could be a good thing (at that point I topped out at 180). So three months ago I started doing "interval training" and more cardio (jump rope for 40 minutes - excellent cardio BTW). That has brought me down from my former 180 to my current 165.

In addition to weight loss, I am also finding that interval training leads to toning vice bulk so I will probably continue down to 150 (which was my fighting weight some time ago). As I loose bulk and tone more, I find my body is beginning to appear less blocky and more athletic which lends itself to appearing more feminine in build when dressed.

Hugs

Isha

jennyluvly
09-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Congratulations Ellen!! It's definitely a huge motivation to have a slimmer & better figure, as well as for health reasons. It's hard work, but when you fit into the dress which I keep buying one size too small, it s an amazing feeling.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Congrats the desire to be pretty and wear smaller close gave me an unlimited infinite source of motivation to make the lifestyle changes necessary to lose weight and keep it off. A motivation that outlast any desire to stop exercising and eating properly. Minus those cursed once and a while Doritos, ice cream, binges.:o

kimdl93
09-17-2013, 07:50 AM
not so much because of, but it has been an additional motivator. I dropped about 50 pounds and at 6'2" and 220, I'm pretty comfortable with my weight.

But regardless, chalk this up as another benefit of CDing!

Ceri Anne
09-17-2013, 08:03 AM
I was making such good progress on regaining my girlish figure until my work schedule got in the way causing my eating habits to regress. But yes, its an incredible motivator.

linda allen
09-17-2013, 08:13 AM
I agree. The cutest and/or most stylish clothes usually are a size 16 or under. .......

I find the cutest and/or most stylish clothes are usually size 4 or under! :eek:

I get by with a size 12 skirt and an XL blouse which works well because my wife wears an XL blouse as well.

I think crossdressing brings us to an awareness of our general appearance, both in male and female mode so perhaps it does encourage weight loss.

Annaliese
09-17-2013, 08:29 AM
When you get down to your target weight, you can purge your old clothes and buy new ones to celebrate the new much lighter girl.

mariehart
09-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Yes in fact part of my motivation to lose weight is to get into smaller size clothes. Currently I'm a size 18 on top and 14 below,(UK sizes). I weight 180 pounds which is way too much for me at 5' 8". My natural weight is around 154 although I was only 144 in my early thirties. The biggest factor in my weight is too much wine. That has to be cut back for health reasons alone. So twenty six pounds to go. I used to be able to wear size 14 on top and 12 below. I'd like to get back to that. I might even take up exercise!

vallerie lacy
09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
EllenJo
Just last week after spending the weekend dressed at home, I decided to do something about my weight. I think it had to do with too many frilly things only come in smaller sizes. I just hope I can practice some self control with eating and get off my nylon encased butt and lose some weight. I will be rereading your post to motivate myself. Hope you get down to the size you desire, and congratulations on your achievement to date.

Karren H
09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
I can't say that it was the crossdressing or my health.... or both but 10 years ago I lost 50 pounds... in 9 months and have pretty much kept it off.... thanks to ice hockey, eating well, and more recently DHEA supplements...... Fitting into a size 10 dress is good but being able to skate hard for 5 minutes shifts..... priceless!

Dianne S
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
CDing is a big motivator. I'm not overweight, but I did have a bit of a belly. It's much better now that I eat less junk food and I exercise more. Of course, another big motivator was prodding from my wife. :)

DonnaT
09-17-2013, 11:08 AM
I've tried to make it a motivating factor, but it hasn't helped.

Lost 70 lbs, being motivated by my daughters wedding. Afterwards the weight started back up and I couldn't stop it.

It got back up to 235 when I ruptured a tendon in one ankle. Surgery and unable to exercise, my weight went up another18 lbs.

My cardiologist suggested a low-to-no carbohydrate diet. I was determined to get back close to 200 before my 40th High School Reunion.

I went back down to 240 lbs, and then it started back up again. It's like my body is fighting me every step of the way.

Still on a low carb diet and swimming up to 2500 meters in the mornings.

At least my A1C blood sugar got to its lowest point in decades, going from 6.7 to 4.6.

Rachael Leigh
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Donna that product I mentioned Plexus is a wonderful way to loose weight and just get healthy check out the website and find someone in your area who sells it. It was actually developed for those with diabetes and helps to control sugar levels.

Jaymees22
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi, Yes CDing did motivate me to lose some weight and to have a healthier diet. I lost around 20lbs and went from a size 10 to a size 8. So now I'm 5'8" tall and 155lbs. I don't want to get any thinner as it seems to make my face too thin. Hugs Jaymee

Vickie_CDTV
09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I am probably the only one on the whole forum who would say something like this, but... since I am attracted to big women, I am attracted to the big woman I see in the mirror, and my dressing is not a motivator for me to lose weight. An imminent heart attack or death... now that would be a motivator.

I wouldn't want to get any bigger than I am now due to health risks, but I like my image as a big woman.