PDA

View Full Version : For GG's only to reply: Do any of you ever go to the photo section?

Alice Torn
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Just wondering if any of you Birth girls ever check out our photos. If you do, do you sometimes envy us, or get sick, or whatever you might think? I never see GG comments on there. Maybe i miss them.

MatildaJ.
09-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Nope, I don't go over there. I'm not interested in fashion or makeup, and don't have any good advice to offer in the photo section. I'm more interested by discussions around feelings and social relationships.

Gigi
09-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Sometimes I go there. I comment if I feel like I want to. I don't get envious or sick about anything....I find it amusing sometimes what men pick out to wear or consider "feminine".

clarification: I hope you all didn't take my comment in a negative way. I wasn't saying it to be mean or anything. I just have observed that my idea of femininity is sometimes very different from what i've seen some men focus on. Just different perspectives, and that is ok!

Sandra
09-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Yes I go and have a look and do at times reply. Do I feel envious hell no, nor do I get sick, what does get me is how some think that the way they dress portrays a real GG, when really they look way over the top.

Di
09-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I venture over in the Gallery sometimes even make a thread here and there.....but my better half is a mod there.:D

My:2c: most GGs are here to support their hubby or bf and like Jess said.... are more interested by discussions around feelings and social relationships.

do you sometimes envy us, or get sick,
No and No

TheMissus
09-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I ventured to the boy/girl picture thread a while back and haven't visited since. If I'm brutally honest (aren't I always, lol) I'll say I thought everyone looked better in boy mode! But then I'm also biased toward masculine energy in men so I'm not the best critic to ask. I sure wasn't envious but I wasn't sick either. Just disinterested.

Otherwise, like the other GG's said, discussing the ins and outs of living with CD is FAR more important to me than what CD actually looks like. That's for my H to worry about and for me to avoid. I much prefer him in drab :)

Lola Wants
09-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Alice,

I do occasionally check out the "Picture Gallery" part of the forum. It is not my go-to every time I log in but I do check out some posts and have commented on a few. My only reasons for going in there are:

a) because I am a GG who is into fashion and like to check out what others are into "fashion-wise" (what I might wear and what I would not)
b) because my SO does post pictures on occasion and I do like to read the feedback that she gets (I like to take part in her dressing, so I like to read some of the "reviews" on her pics)

as far as "do you envy us or get sick..."
Nope and nope.

~Lola

gatorgirl
09-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I ditto Jess.

Greenie
09-20-2013, 08:58 AM
I lurk in their all the time. I do post when I think some has really cute shoes (I love shoes) or I can tell their presentation is well put together. Everytime I do post on a picture thread the OP normally comments on how they are thrilled a GG commented. Because of that I go back. Luca has my support daily. Some CDers who are here have no GG support on anything they do. I like to comment on pictures when I 'have something nice to say." :)

ReineD
09-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I rarely go to the Gallery, mostly when a thread posted in there is among the top threads under the "What's New" threads. I don't go specifically to the Gallery to look down the list of threads.

I post comments mostly to people whom I haven't seen much before and when I think the appearance is exceptional, which (sad to say) are mostly people who are much younger than me. lol. I do post comments on the few threads that I do see, when the OP asks specifically for objective advice, and not just to "gurls, be kind". But I mostly click on a few threads to observe for trends ... is it mostly the younger CDs who are posting? What's the trend in terms of styles posted ... lingerie, every day wear, 50s wear, ultra feminine wear? I've noticed over the years a movement away from the evening or glam wear to more practical day wear, I imagine as more and more CDers are going out. I also enjoy observing the difference between what the 20 year olds wear compared to the middle aged people. I don't tend to click on posts from members who post in the Gallery regularly. I figure there are enough people responding to those.

Do I envy you all? Heck no! I can dress up too, if I want to. :) Do I get sick to my stomach (is this what you meant)? No I don't. I've been here long enough that the Gallery pics seem quite normal to me. :)