PDA

View Full Version : Wife says I can move out if I stop HRT.

Marleena
09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I reminded my wife I'd be gone for most of the day to see my endo that is 120 miles from our own stupid city. She basically ignored me so I said I was going to ask him how to wean off of them. Her eyes lit up and she told me I could move it if I did stop them. So I guess she likes the real me better. She saw a grumpy old bear and knew I was losing it so she's on board with it. We're an older couple BTW. I still suck at being TS though..:sad: I need to buy more lottery tickets I guess.

Angela Campbell
09-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Maybe she can see you need them and wants to do what is best for you. I hope so!

Marleena
09-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Angela that is it. She knows I need them but I'm compromising on other things with her right now. If I take it any further I could be out the door and that's a real possibility. So I know what the other TS women with wives are going through. It's tough for them and us.

kimdl93
09-17-2013, 07:46 PM
well, might as well be a happy older couple, instead of a grumpy old bear, right?

Angela Campbell
09-17-2013, 07:46 PM
It is tough. It is tough without being TS. I have been a miserable failure at marriage so I know. I guess they wanted a man or something. Either way I hope she is doing so out of love and some kind of understanding. That would be worth anything.

Bears are cuddly

Marleena
09-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah I guess it could be worse, she could kick me out for being TS and being on HRT. Kim, yes she's much happier with my change in temperament. I actually smile and make her laugh now.

I Am Paula
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
My family likes me better as a girl. Now they call me up and invite me over. I took 55 years for them to tell me they didn't really like me! I'm really enjoying our newfound closeness.

Jennifer Marie P.
09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
That's great shes accepting you as a TG.

mary something
09-18-2013, 08:22 AM
better not wean off then :)

Marleena
09-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks. I didn't have enough money for my script one month and she got to see the old me again, she said she was ready to kill me.lol.

jackielou
09-18-2013, 11:22 AM
if you are taking estrogen or estradiol get the doc to write you for the generic that is what i use and at ingles grocery store pharmacy it is only 3.00 a month my girlfriend is the one who insisted i go back on estrogen as she likes me much better calmed down see i also have to take testosterone shots so she will ask have you taken your estrogen like you should now if only she could accept me in a bra which i need and the panties i love

Barbara Ella
09-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, it is amazing when they see the difference, and begin to realize that they are not losing you, and/or that you are not trying to replace them. Time is the ally, and HRT makes the time pass so much easier. I was so relieved when wife said she wanted me on hormones. Whatever you do Marleena, don't disappoint her. having an understanding wife about being TS is difficult to arrive at, so just do as she says....lol

Barbara

Marleena
09-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks! Yes I need to keep her happy! Now maybe if I use reverse psychology more often? :)

JohnH
09-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Speaking about hormones - whenever I get uptight and have a foul mood, my wife asks me, "John, did you miss your shot [of estradiol]" or tells me, "Time to take your hormones"

I cannot imagine going a month without HRT - my wife would certainly tell me to go out the door!

Johanna

Sejd
09-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I am not on any medication and I have not had a sex change, but my wife loves it when I "fluff" around the house and do all the things I like to do: Laundry, cleaning, organizing etc. She knows I relax in "female mode" and I get to dress every evening of the year. I also don't think she wants the old grumpy male back who wanted to control everyting. When we get to be who we really are, we spread joy to our surroundings and our loved ones most often see that and supports us.
Sejd

Chloe Renee
09-28-2013, 12:05 AM
My wife enjoys our relationship much more once she saw how HRT started effecting my moods.
My mother who is coming around to my being trans, said she sees the old me, the happy child I was when young. (pregender aware) For 15 years prior we have been at odds.

Lori B
09-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks! Yes I need to keep her happy! Now maybe if I use reverse psychology more often? :)lol!...........:heehee:happy for you Marleena:):hugs:

vikki2020
09-29-2013, 01:49 PM
It does make sense that you are a happier person, being the real you. I know it works for me! Unfortunately, in my house, the opposite reaction is preferred---ok for me to be grumpy, as long as it's "man grump",lol! Keep that wife,happy, Marleena!