PDA

View Full Version : Slowly coming out...

Dianne S
09-18-2013, 10:08 AM
In another thread, I posted how I came out (again) to my mother. Well, my wife asked permission to discuss my CDing with a close friend and I said OK. So now my wife's friend knows.

I was a little shaky once I learned my wife had actually taken me up on this, but I guess it's OK... I trust this person. She's the mother of a friend of my daughter and I know her fairly well.

I haven't seen her yet since the disclosure, so we'll see how that goes. I'm torn among acting like nothing happened, letting her know I know she knows, or messing with her mind by complimenting her on her clothes and asking where she got them. :)

stacycoral
09-18-2013, 10:27 AM
MIss Dawn,just take it slow girl let her maybe bring up the subject, and I would hope she would in private,don't push too hard but she will I bet talk to you when she feels like it right, best of luck to you girl, hugs.

Dianne S
09-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I was kidding. I think the "act like nothing happened" approach is the one I'll take.

Beverley Sims
09-18-2013, 10:54 AM
The nothing happened approach would be wise and wait till she brings the subject up.

GG's are naturally curious creatures and they will hint at the unusual until it surfaces.

Hi! GG's. :)

Suzanne F
09-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Dawn
Good luck! Remember you have nothing to be ashamed of! That was sweet of you to let your wife tell someone in order to be able to share this. I did the same for my wife and it has turned out very well. I am able to get dressed at our mutual friends house now. We have a ten year old at home that does not know.
Hugs
Suzanne

vallerie lacy
09-18-2013, 11:34 AM
I guess it depends on what your wife said her reaction was. Unless her reaction was negative, I would want to talk with her. She already knows, so wouldn't it be best that she have an explanation from the source rather than a second party who can't explain it like we can ourselves. Not that we can, but we can better than those who do not dress. I wish you the best and hope things work out best for all involved

Barbra P
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
You recently wrote that you would never come to your kids (“One more person knows…” thread). I don’t recall reading how many kids you have or what their ages are. Now in this thread you write that your Wife has discussed your crossdressing with one of her friends, who is the mother of a friend of your Daughter’s. You write that you trust this woman, but I can’t help but think it’s only a matter of time before her daughter learns about your dressing and once her daughter knows your Daughter will know.

As Suzanne wrote there is nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about, something a Counselor or Therapist trained in gender issues would attempt to get you to believe.

Dianne S
09-18-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess it depends on what your wife said her reaction was.

It was surprise and shock. But she's open-minded and liberal and didn't say bad things about me or my wife. In fact, she said she believes we are both good people.

I can’t help but think it’s only a matter of time before her daughter learns about your dressing and once her daughter knows your Daughter will know.

No, my wife made it very clear she wasn't to tell anyone else. As I said before, I trust her to keep it confidential. I do not think she'll betray me in this way.

As Suzanne wrote there is nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about

Of course not. :) I don't feel ashamed or guilty. However, I'm still not eager for my children to know. They are aged 11, 15 and 19 and I think this knowledge would be too great a burden on them. Perhaps when they are all adults I will tell them, or perhaps not if there's no pressing need for them to know.

Suzanne F
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Then I would talk to her also. I would want to be the one who answered her questions. It has helped me accept myself as I have been able to talk openly with people about being transgendered. That is just my opinion and experience. If you trust this lady then why not talk to her?
Hugs
Suzanne

Tracii G
09-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Only you can decide who knows and if you are comfy with her knowing its all good.

kimdl93
09-18-2013, 07:21 PM
I'd go with "nothing has changed" but be ready to talk if the opportunity presents itself. I'm sure its on her mind, but also think that the reason your wife spoke with her was to have someone to share this with that she trusted. Her friend is her confidante and having that will make it easier for her to work through any issues that may arise.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Dawn,
Best Wishes and I will keep you in my thoughts.

vikki2020
09-18-2013, 08:52 PM
I think it's a good sign, that your wife wants to have someone to talk to about this. I believe it will help her, and you, in the long run. Yeah, let it come to you, and this may be a very positive step---I hope!

Rachel M
09-19-2013, 08:31 AM
I essentially did the same thing to give my wife permission to tell a friend of hers. We had to discuss who she might tell. I didn't want to burden her with my little secret. To my amaze, she told a lot more people than I had expected. Sometime it makes me curious who actually knows my business.