PDA

View Full Version : Dream or dilema

Denise69
09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
First let's start off.. long time lurker, first time poster, love the show... Now, onto the meat. I am out to 3 people in my life at this time, my exwife, my SO, and a very close freind. This freind is having a birthday gathering themed as bad wedding, prom, bridemaid night. The males have been told, either ugly tux or a dress. No other options. She and my SO have stated here's your shot. The dilema in my mind is that there will be persons there from my industry, as well as, coworkers of my SO. None of whom I am out to. Should I go full tilt, dude in a dress, or guy mode???

Debra Russell
09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Give it your all - no time to be shy, go have fun - after all they set the perameters.............................Debra

vallerie lacy
09-18-2013, 11:14 AM
If it were me, I would have a discussion with my ex, my SO,and friend,and get their commitment to back you up as far as your story that they talked you into it. Besides for all you know, most of the other guys could be dressed too. Whichever, have a great time and make sure your heels match your bag.

Sallee
09-18-2013, 11:15 AM
do it up right go in a dress, not a dude in a dress. Go full tilt boogie. At the worst people might thinkyou arein to cross dressing They for sure won't ask unless maybe they are to. As I see it this is a real win for you. Go to a makeup salon if you can Do the best makeover and dress that you can. Do us all here proud. :)

Sabrina69
09-18-2013, 11:18 AM
dude in a dress for sure, but feel free looking good doing it! First off, no one will know you are a CD, because you are wearing a "costume". Second, it will be funnier and more interesting, for you and your SO to swap genders... and if there are prizes, you will have a better chance of winning because of the gender swap advantage. One year, at Halloween, I won best male and best female costume, however I was only awarded one, but the hostess had to tell me because she also got a kick out of my costume... I won prizes 4 out of the 5 years, not because I was the best looking witch, but because I was the guy being the witch. "wink"

You have nothing to fear, trust me... I been a witch for 5 years and Everyone loves it and the girls just think I am more awesome, because I am so comfortable in my sexuality to do it. Only my SO knows I am a real CD, everyone else, I am a dude in a dress... :)

Welcome to the forum, I am also new here...

DDee
09-18-2013, 11:29 AM
oh my what a great chance to dress I would jump at the chance to go dressed in any prom or bridesmaid dress.

DDee :)

petrahughes
09-18-2013, 11:33 AM
What a great opportunity for wearing a dress and all the trimmings in public. Just don look like you are enjoying being all dolled up :@)

Beverley Sims
09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Give it your all, if you are good they will be astounded and talk about your skill at dressing, not your bent.

Denise69
09-18-2013, 12:12 PM
The sad part is the fear and apprehension I feel. Having faced angry mobs who want me dead simply because I am an American soldier, to throwing myself from a perfectly good airplane (which is an oxymoron), why am I scared of a little bit of taffeta? Lol. Crap, I just realized I only have a week to find a dress! Wish me luck!

MsRenee
09-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Tat is never enough time to find the right dress, time to hit he malls girl.
Id go for it and do it up, have a blast.
Hugs
Renee

Persephone
09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Having faced angry mobs who want me dead simply because I am an American soldier, to throwing myself from a perfectly good airplane

A very sincere Thank You for your service to all of us. Now enjoy yourself!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ec3a5a6b-1fc0-46ad-abba-d5d73dc93494_zps5b7a3a9f.jpg
Just a thought. They have several other styles too.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Frédérique
09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
long time lurker, first time poster, love the show...

Oh, it’s a SHOW, all right… :doh:

The dilema in my mind is that there will be persons there from my industry, as well as, coworkers of my SO. None of whom I am out to. Should I go full tilt, dude in a dress, or guy mode???

You can go in a dress, since that is a safe option, and keep your mouth shut. That way, you wouldn’t be “coming out” per se, appearing to be just a guy in a dress (ha ha), but you could smile to yourself, knowing full well that you were OUT, yet hiding in plain sight, preserving your personal options…
:battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
09-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Here's the way guys dress up as a woman:

Balloon boobs.
Combat boots.
Heavy, horrible makeup over their beard and stash.
No nylons, hairy legs.
$10 wig.

If u show up dressed to the 9's with all your fem i's dotted and t's crossed, u WILL BE MADE!

Linda Leigh
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I would go for it, you will not get a better chance :)

PS Have fun no matter what happens !!!

nethiker55
09-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Dream deffinately!!!! Go all out and enjoy

Sarah Beth
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Seems to me like maybe this friend may have planned this just to give you a chance to be all you can be. So go for it and have a wonderful time.

Marcelle
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
The sad part is the fear and apprehension I feel. Having faced angry mobs who want me dead simply because I am an American soldier, to throwing myself from a perfectly good airplane (which is an oxymoron), why am I scared of a little bit of taffeta? Lol. Crap, I just realized I only have a week to find a dress! Wish me luck!

Denise,

I would just do what you do when you jump (at least this is what I do) - walk to the door, jab and hope the chute is there when you run your hands up the risers. Once it is there, it is all gravy sweetie. In this case, it is taffeta and not silk.

Hugs

Isha

Karren H
09-18-2013, 03:15 PM
I so regret not taking my mom up on going out enfemme for halloween one year....

UNDERDRESSER
09-18-2013, 04:53 PM
to throwing myself from a perfectly good airplane (which is an oxymoron), why am I scared of a little bit of taffeta? Lol. Crap, I just realized I only have a week to find a dress! Wish me luck! A friend, who wasn't that into flying, once said, "The only more stupid than going up in an airplane when you don't have to, is throwing yourself out of a perfectly good one."

I say go for it. Anyone challenges you on it, just tell them it developed into a bet that you could look good. ( you decide who was betting which way )

I am currently thinking about Halloween, want to put on a dress, or skirt, and trying to come up with a character that will allow me to be a realistic female, ( not tramp style, somewhat classy ) and still be somewhat relevant to Halloween.

kimdl93
09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
its the party theme, so definitely go all out. You'll have the cover of the theme and honestly, if you're friend and SO are for it, you gotta do it!

Rogina B
09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Give it your best and have fun above all! Who the heck cares what anyone thinks? Life is way too short!

Barbara Maria
09-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm strictly closet and even I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that.You'll probably be the hit of the party.

Lady Mandy
09-19-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm with the majority here - Unless you think you just wont be able to handle it, you have a wonderful opportunity to enjoy yourself & it seems that's what you're going to do! - you don't need an excuse, you've been given an invitation!

Have fun!

linda allen
09-19-2013, 07:30 AM
............ The dilema in my mind is that there will be persons there from my industry, as well as, coworkers of my SO. None of whom I am out to. Should I go full tilt, dude in a dress, or guy mode???

There's a saying about not "pooping" where you eat. It's meant to imply that you shouldn't have a romantic affair at or around your job, but it applies to crossdressing as well.

If there's any chance it will affect your or your SO's career, go as a guy. There will be other times to get dolled up where there won't be negative consequences.

If you really want to dress as a woman, do it very poorly so it looks like this is the first time you've tried it. A "guy in a dress". Leave your good forms and wig at home, stuff your bra with paper towels and wear a Halloween wig. Wear a a dress that doesn't fit properly and if you wear heels, stumble around in them like you've never worn them before.

One night of pleasure isn't worth hurting a career over.

Lori Kurtz
09-19-2013, 07:43 AM
If you're gonna go full tilt, as you put it, do it with full awareness of the risk. I have more than once heard people say about some guy in reasonably credible-looking female costume on Halloween or whatever, "Uh oh. Look at _________ over there. He did an awfully good job on that costume, didn't he? Looks to me like he's enjoying it a bit too much." Especially if there might be risk to your SO's career, I say tread softly. And probably not in high heels ...

Bifrost
09-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Yep, I'm with the concensus - go half-tilt. I would say do your outfit well & ensure your SO is approving, then behave as you would if you went in guy-mode.

The thing you have to be careful of is behaving femenine because that (not the clothes or the makeup) will seem weird to yours and your SO's peers.