PDA

View Full Version : At Denver Airport

Rileyaz
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I have a two hour layover in Denver and am people watching trying to see if anyone is flying pretty. So far no luck. I don't have room to talk. I am flying with friends so I can't fly pretty.

Persephone
09-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe the really good ones walked right past you?

Have a good flight!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sarah Beth
09-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Every time I have gone through secruity at DIA (all of them in drab) its been such hassle with things that I can't what it would be like for someone to try to get through there dressed. I haven't passed through a lot of airports but of all them Kansas City and Denver and are two I would try to avoid.

Karren H
09-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Pretty sure Kimberly is in Detroit from her facebook page.....

Beverley Sims
09-18-2013, 02:06 PM
When in an airport terminal I am too busy usually looking at the laptop to look out for anyone else these days.

Misty G
09-18-2013, 02:09 PM
my wife is in denver airport now

Rileyaz
09-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I am in Canada now. Sorry I missed your wife.

Yep. Nothing like saying to someone " You look really good for a cross dresser! You really pass well!" And have them say "What? I'm not a cross dresser!

Just kidding.

WandaRae2009
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
I've found myself doing that the last few times I travelled. Like a stalker - I keep looking for some sign that someone with much more courage that I have is flying pretty.

Rogina B
09-18-2013, 08:59 PM
As far as courage goes for you that are envious....There is nothing bad that happens...just allow extra time to be "processed" lol..No one dies from it,and when it is all over,you will feel like a celebrity..not a bad thing! Why does it matter what strangers think? They don't live your life.you do!!

Georgia_Maine
09-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I fly out of DIA (Denver International Airport) at least a half dozen times a year, always totally in drab. I think I've been stopped more times for a second check than not. They always say there appears to be a metallic object on my thigh. And I thought that they'd got all the shrapnel out of me. Oh well, that life.

AndreaS
09-19-2013, 01:19 PM
I flew pretty a couple of years ago, and I was stopped by a lady in the airport who just wanted to tell me that I looked "very nice". I think she read me and was just trying to be encouraging, but I can't be 100% certain. For the most part, I went through the airport (including the TSA screening) as uneventfully as can be imagined.

I think if most of us knew how easy it would actually turn out, then more would try flying pretty. If I get the chance, I'd probably do it again.

marny
09-20-2013, 09:55 PM
have gone through many airports with forms and underwire bras. never a word, knock on wood. never seemed to notice the panties either. :devil::devil:

lingerieLiz
09-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Been through there many times. Never flown pretty, but wearing bra and silk blouses. Tried on a blouse at one of the shops there.

Rileyaz
09-21-2013, 12:17 AM
And looking for people flying pretty.

Michelle (Oz)
09-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Some of my most enjoyable days have involved flying pretty. Breakfast, check out of the hotel, lunch, return the rental car, check in, Qantas Club, then flying - just such a high. Everyone treats us as special and remembers us next time. The downer is arriving and having to change back to male.

Never had a problem even now I wear a steel boned corset. Just have to know the security process and the staff also get to know you. If you feel comfortable being out in public en femme then flying pretty is similar just a more intense experience.

I put a pen through my male name on the boarding pass (so my name can still be seen though) and write 'Michelle pls'. It works and my Qantas profile has been changed to add my name preference when en femme. That impressed me.

I'll be the one floating past Rileyaz.

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi Riley , They are all doing such a great job of blending in.

Bree Wagner
09-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Denver's my home airport and I cant imagine any reason why it would be more difficult than any other to fly pretty in. I'd love to do it sometime though it might be easier for me on a return flight. It would also be tough to give up that really amazing TSA Pre-Check line...

Mollyanne
09-21-2013, 09:43 AM
I fly out of DIA (Denver International Airport) at least a half dozen times a year, always totally in drab. I think I've been stopped more times for a second check than not. They always say there appears to be a metallic object on my thigh. And I thought that they'd got all the shrapnel out of me. Oh well, that life.

I can identify with you on this one, I have had both hips replaced and I ALWAYS get a second screening!!!!!

Molly

NathalieX66
09-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I didn't get a pat-down when I flew from BWI-ATL, and back. :sad: All I got from the TSA people, was "Have a nice flight, ma'am".

I was treated great, from the ticket desk where I checked a large bag, the TSA screening, the gate, the deli in the terminal, the fight attendants, and the passengers sitting next to me who were oblivious to the birth gender of the person in a dress sitting next to them, or were just being nice and courteous. ....and I was offered a seat on a very crowded bus back to Long Term Parking to retrieve my car.

I think we fear people more than we should . I've been three years out in the public eye, and so far I have been treated wonderful.

Patrice_CD
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
I fly as me all the time. First few times I was asked if it was really me as I didn't look anything like my DL. TSA agent said she would have never guessed had she not seen my DL.

Rileyaz
And how do you get the per check line?

sometimes_miss
Denver must be filled with women who want to look horrible. Even in mid winter in terrible weather, there are always some women that go through a lot of trouble to look really, really sexy. Sure, some prefer to travel in sweats, but not all.

Michelle (Oz)
09-21-2013, 08:07 PM
....and I was offered a seat on a very crowded bus back to Long Term Parking to retrieve my car.

I think we fear people more than we should . I've been three years out in the public eye, and so far I have been treated wonderful.
I have had men offer me a seat, help with luggage, step back at lifts to allow me in first, etc. It does make me wonder whether they are reacting to the overall female image and not read me. That's possible.

Then I wonder what their reaction would be if they subsequently read me. So far so good though.

Rogina B
09-21-2013, 10:04 PM
As I tried to say..be yourself and fly as you really want! I have yet to hear EVER of a bad situation.from anyone,going anywhere..The stumbling block is in the mind...

RainyNightGirl
09-23-2013, 10:53 PM
I would love to fly pretty. I have been out a few times in city streets so going out is not new to me. But its the intimate nature of security and ID checks that makes me a little apprehensive but I am pleased to hear the experiences you have all had. But one thing does concern me, what about the gel in the breast forms, are they not liquid? Are they not over 100mls (or 3oz)? I'd be concerned they would be confiscated from me in front of everyone else in the line....
Safe travels
Natasha