PDA

View Full Version : What'a Girl to Do - An Unplanned Outing Story

Marcelle
09-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I have had two outside strolls as Isha. One went well, albeit in a very controlled setting and the other . . . not so well. So I have conducted a tactical withdrawal from the battlefield to lick my wounds until I am better prepared.

My wife and I recently moved to a more rural area so we would have more land to walk our dogs. It is also nice because I can explore Isha in the privacy of fenced backyard knowing that our nearest neighbour is some distance away. Not to mention I can soon take long autumn walks on our property en femme. :daydreaming:

So here is my story . . .

I was home yesterday and preparing a lovely dinner for my wife (I wanted to make up for the fact that our little girls only excursion got ruined last week, along with the dinner).

Now for those who don't live in a rural community, knowing your neighbours is limited. I have met ours only once when we moved in. They are nice people who are caring for an elder parent (male) who suffers from dementia. I met them while they were out for a walk (that is how I know what I know).

Okay back to my story . . .

So while preparing for the meal, I was cooking and cleaning en femme - nothing over the top, make-up (still haven't mastered that), shorts, top and other trappings designed to make me look somewhat feminine. As I had a bit of time before I had to start dinner, I decided to go down and check the mailbox . . . I mean it is only a mere walk down the drive on my own property . . . what could go wrong . . . right? :idontknow:

So I put on some sunglasses, made sure my top covered my body art and out I went to the sun. It was very warm and the small walk felt great. I got to the mailbox and had turned around and was checking the mail when a truck drove by, music blaring with lots of male voices . . . EEK . . . "local good old boys" :eek:. So I just pretended to be checking the mail and I heard some horn honking, wolf whistles and "yeah baby, work that mailbox" . . . CRETINS! I dare say if I had turned around the story would have gone a whole different direction :heehee:.

So my heart rate went down after the truck disappeared around the bend and didn't come back for a closer look or more rude comments . . . that could get awkward. One thing you learn in my line of work . . . always keep you attention on the direction of the threat and allow your fire team partners to cover your arcs . . . Safety tip, this only works when you have fire team partners . . . damn muscle memory. All my focus was on the area where the truck disappeared and I was getting ready to beat a hasty retreat to my house when I was shocked out of my shorts with a tap on the shoulder and a frail "Excuse me miss . . . do you know if this is my house". It was my neighbour's father. He must have wandered away from his house.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do. Running wasn't an option as I couldn't leave him standing around out there in this state. I thought I could take him in to my house, change and then take him home. But if his family came looking for him while I was in transition between male and femme, I could only imagine that story in the local paper "Cross Dressing soldier kidnaps elderly senile man".

So what's a girl to do . . . I pulled on my big girl panties, got my keys for the big boy SUV and drove him home. Now I was hoping they would be out looking for him and then I could just set him down on the porch and leave. No such luck . . . this day just got better. I saw the wife and oldest boy having a conversation with a truck load of dudes . . . EEK . . . the "local good old boys"again :eek:.

The gentleman was now getting a bit agitated as I believe he recognized his home. To make matters worse, the son noticed the SUV and was pointing in my direction. So I drove a bit closer and got out of the truck to eject my passenger as quickly as possible. By the time I got out, the wife with her son in tow was already running up and thanking me for finding her father. All the time I was praying the "good old boys club" would not get out as well.

We were all in close proximity and I was sure someone had to know I was not a GG (dude does not look like a lady) but nobody said anything. Perhaps they were all wrapped up in the moment. Then as we were all preparing to go our separate ways it happened . . . the old guy pinched my ass :eek:. His daughter apologized and said he does that all the time and she was really sorry. Huh . . . now that is something that doesn't happen everyday.

So I was getting back in the truck to leave when the EEK . . . "local good old boys", drove by again. Good old boy driver yelled out . . . "Hey let us know when you are working the mail box again and we'll drop by" then sped away . . . I just realized then . . . MEN CAN BE PIGS . . . I'll chalk that up to poetic justice for when I was young and stupid when it came to commenting on the ladies from speeding vehicles :)

So I drove back home and continued making dinner. BTW the meal went well and it was an enjoyable dinner.

PS. I checked the mail box this morning (en guy - Isha won't be working the mail box anytime soon). There was a nice handmade card addressed to "The Lady of the House" which reads

"Thank-you ever so much for taking care of my father and seeing him safely home, he is very precious to us. Once again please accept our apology for my father's indiscretion, he doesn't know he is doing it.

We would love to have you and your husband down for dinner some night to thank you. Let us know when you are available"

Was I read, don't know but that would make one interesting dinner engagement :)

Hugs

Isha

Bree Wagner
09-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Good for you for having the courage to do the right thing! There are a lot of folks that would have taken much easier ways out, but you sure didn't. Way to put some actions out into the world!

-Bree

sheilagirl
09-21-2013, 08:05 AM
WOW! Great story. I could feel myself cringing about every other sentence. You handled it wonderfully! I think a lot of people on here can relate but I also think that by presenting yourself as you did, you're creating an atmosphere of trust and friendship with people that you're just meeting which goes a long way in acceptance of your life style. Thanks.
Sheila

daarleane
09-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Well, it sounds like a good chance to meet the neighbors. If it were me then my wife and I as a couple would accept their invitation. I would leave my fem counterpart home for the evening. As to if Isha was "outed"? Let the conversation take its course. Personally, I prefer to know my neighbors, give it time and see what happens unless you want them to know about Isha.

linda allen
09-21-2013, 08:44 AM
When the $hit hits the fan, there's only one thing to do and that's get out the mops and buckets. :devil:

You did what you had to do and handled it well. I live in the city, in a single family home, but in sight of several other neighbors. I don't go out partially dressed and I don't answer the door dressed. I don't go out dressed at all except after dark and then only to jump into my truck parked next to the garage side door. For daytime outings, I go somewhere, then dress.

michelle2020cd
09-21-2013, 09:03 AM
thanks for your service, what a great story, so gald it turn out so well

Leah Lynn
09-21-2013, 09:03 AM
OMG, Isha, I'm sitting here, still laughing. Eventually, it will be a great anecdote, but I'm sure it's not amusing at the moment. Most of us that are out and about have had similar incidents, so you're in good company.

I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else's business. The kids think my yard is the neighborhood park. So, I dress at home, but don't go out in daylight. Like Linda, I go out of town to be totally enfemme. Now. After being spotted a couple times.

Just don't get busted, while you're still active duty!

Hugs,

Leah

Marcelle
09-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for you comments. The thing I forgot to mention is that our closest neighbours are about 200 acres away from us . . . we like the seclusion not just for proclivity but we enjoy quiet. The nearest town is about 15 miles away and I never will go there en femme.

This was just one of those collision of oddities. Will I go out and check the mail again as Isha? Who knows . . . I'll just make sure I take my wife as a fire team partner to check my arcs :)

If the lady in question noticed I was "dude" (how she couldn't I could never guess), then she didn't say so or she was just being kind. So far there are no pick-ups and beer guzzling crowds waiting for me. :)

I guess I'll just take one day at a time and see what happens.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
09-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Isha,
You can't take your wife, what about asking one of those good 'ol boys to help out. :)
Bit of a quandary there.
I await the solution eagerly.

Marcelle
09-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi Beverley,

Never thought about that . . . interesting . . . I don't think my wife would be too keen on my going out on dates male or femme :)

We did come up with a solution though. If we decided to take up the offer, we will just say that Isha was my sister who was visiting. I have three and while they are all far prettier than I will ever be, I don't think they would mind :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

CD_DIANE
09-21-2013, 10:43 AM
You are what you are...... A caring human being .....Period !

Diane

27th Jennifer
09-21-2013, 11:07 AM
What a great story! Sometimes people only see what they want to see. It might not have even occurred to them that you were anything but a GG.

Ana

kathrynt21
09-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Isha! That is SUCH a sweet story. You did the right thing by taking him home. EXACTLY what a lady would have done!
And even if they did recognize you, how could they not have been impressed by your sensitivity and generosity?
Way to go, girl!

Tracii G
09-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Just goes to show you never know whats going to happen.
You did the right thing sister.

Beverley Sims
09-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Isha,
I have done that on occasions when nosy neighbors have seen me out.
They ask leading questions which I promptly ignore and proceed to tell them about my sister who is visiting.
I get a few "she looks remarkably like you" and I reply with well she is a twin.
I think I have thrown them off the scent most times.

Lies, lies. Works for me. :)

Frédérique
09-21-2013, 11:57 AM
We were all in close proximity and I was sure someone had to know I was not a GG (dude does not look like a lady) but nobody said anything. Perhaps they were all wrapped up in the moment. Then as we were all preparing to go our separate ways it happened . . . the old guy pinched my ass. His daughter apologized and said he does that all the time and she was really sorry. Huh . . . now that is something that doesn't happen everyday. So I was getting back in the truck to leave when the EEK . . . "local good old boys", drove by again. Good old boy driver yelled out . . . "Hey let us know when you are working the mail box again and we'll drop by" then sped away . . . I just realized then . . . MEN CAN BE PIGS . . . I'll chalk that up to poetic justice for when I was young and stupid when it came to commenting on the ladies from speeding vehicles.

Sounds to me like you “passed” on several levels! :clap:

I know what it’s like to be in a carload (or truckload) of male idiots, along for the unwelcome ride. Everything is a potential target, especially an apparition of the female persuasion. Being in such a situation helped me to break out of this typical male behavior (syndrome) that clouds the senses, as well as our better judgment. Oh, how thankful I am to be on the OTHER side! Males (actually boys) can act stupidly in groups, less so when they are isolated or alone, but males seek out other males for these disappointing pack mentality rituals that pass for excitement...

I keep thinking about being in your situation, or being somewhere in the vicinity. I know one thing, if I “read” you as CD, I would give you a hug, and then whisper in your ear something like, “You are one courageous girl!” I might even say it aloud, if the truckload of pigs was in the vicinity, no doubt adding, “A perfect example of pearls before swine, isn’t it, darling?”
:heehee:

“We would love to have you and your husband down for dinner some night to thank you. Let us know when you are available" Was I read, don't know but that would make one interesting dinner engagement

Score one for Isha, the “lady of the house!” You’re lucky to have an understanding spouse... :)

Laura912
09-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Enjoyed your story and must compliment you on several things. Taking the elderly man to his home, serving our country, looking good enough for the pickup load of guys to "compliment" you not once, but twice, looking good enough to get a pinch even if he was demented, and getting a note addressed to the lady of the house. Your cloud had a load of silver linings.

Lorileah
09-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Good for you to be a good neighbor.

Just one thing (now I feel like Columbo) you say you don't know how they could not have known it was a man....and then you say you will use a cover story about it being your sister. I would say that lying blatantly is far worse than just sucking it up and telling them (if it comes up) the truth. They evidently already don't care and and are good with it..right?

docrobbysherry
09-21-2013, 12:46 PM
All's well that ends well, Isha! As your caution inspiring tale affirms!

Tara Power
09-21-2013, 12:47 PM
There was a nice handmade card addressed to "The Lady of the House" which reads

"Thank-you ever so much for taking care of my father and seeing him safely home, he is very precious to us. Once again please accept our apology for my father's indiscretion, he doesn't know he is doing it.

We would love to have you and your husband down for dinner some night to thank you. Let us know when you are available"

Oh god, could feel my stomach churning as I read that, but it all turned out well. You done the right thing helping out your neighbour. If you were read, then you got some pretty cool people there and good luck if it does come up in conversation! That, or you must be doing something right Isha ;) Good luck hun x

larry
09-21-2013, 12:51 PM
1. Obviously you are a good person !
2. I cannot stop laughing. It was just one of those things that will just not stop !

Persephone
09-21-2013, 01:05 PM
OMGosh, girl!

You may have only been on three outings but you've led quite an exciting life so far!

I don't know what I would have done back in the day when I was still stealth, but you definitely stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

I agree with Ana,

Sometimes people only see what they want to see. It might not have even occurred to them that you were anything but a GG.

Ana

The dinner invitation is complex, but it sounds like you have discussed it with your spouse and that the two of you can handle it. Maybe bake dessert and bring it with you?

Also, like others, I sincerely thank you for your service to all of us.

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM
It was kind and considerate of you to help the old guy. I have to say, most rural people from where I grew up don't act like those cretins. I apologize for their ignorance on behalf of rural people everywhere

AllieSF
09-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Great story and great writing in telling it. Congratulations and thanks for sucking it up and taking him home where he belongs. The family was obviously very thankful.

Now, why not take control of the situation, I do not know the military term for it and you can tell me what it is, and just invite them over first telling them that you had already been planning on doing that anyway. That way you can meet them properly on your home ground as husband and wife in your day to day modes and see what happens. If necessary as someone else said above, you can explain the minimum to them and leave it to that. Then you can also tell them that the next dinner at their place, maybe a Fall barbecue can be at their place and you will bring the dessert. It will be a lot easier to talk about personal things at your place rather than theirs. If they need to bring Dad along, so be it. He probably will never remember it anyway. Good luck and enjoy your new neighbors and hopefully new friends.

bridget thronton
09-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Well done - takes courage to do the right thing.

Marcelle
09-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Firstly thank you all who have commented and provided some insight. The more I think about the funnier it gets. I am glad it worked out though because I suppose it could have gone worse.

[COLOR="black"]Sounds to me like you “passed” on several levels! :clap:

Freddy, not sure about several levels. I think the "good old boys club" were just fixated on the long hair, shorts and top (was wearing a bra with padding) so I don't think my face was given much scrutiny. Guys . . . I think we only see what really want to see . . . funny lot we are. :heehee:

Good for you to be a good neighbor.

Just one thing (now I feel like Columbo) you say you don't know how they could not have known it was a man....and then you say you will use a cover story about it being your sister. I would say that lying blatantly is far worse than just sucking it up and telling them (if it comes up) the truth. They evidently already don't care and and are good with it..right?

Hey Lori.

My wife and I talked a bit more about this and we really have to feel this one out. I have no doubt I was read. The woman may not have thought about it at the time but I am sure she knew. So we (my wife and I) were wondering about the card . . . was it a "Hey I know and it's okay but don't come round looking to gossip in a dress and heels" or was it a pure gesture of friendship no matter what.

We decided we will take them up on their offer and see what happens. If the subject comes up, I decided to woman up on this one. Hey, they are going to be neighbours (although remote) might as well get off on the right footing.

Hugs all

Isha

reb.femme
09-21-2013, 04:39 PM
...........We decided we will take them up on their offer and see what happens. If the subject comes up, I decided to woman up on this one. Hey, they are going to be neighbours (although remote) might as well get off on the right footing.

Isha

I love these kind of events. The very personal recollections of the writer always seem to be conveyed in a manner that the elation and/or the fear of the situation are felt by the readers. Evidenced in the comments of others here. Epic recount and well done Isha on returning said 'Dad' to his home :).

Just one thing though. That spelling of neighbours. Very British of you. Now about those Zs instead of Ss and we'll be well on the way to creating an Anglophile :heehee:.

Rebecca

Ashley_K
09-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Isha, great story with a great moral and great ending. I, too, was hanging on every word and thinking, dang, she has the WORST luck (based on the restaurant/bar story). I can't wait to read your next stories that I hope come out with good endings :) I'm living through you!

~Ashley~

AmyGaleRT
09-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Isha, you know the saying, "Actions speak louder than words"? Well, I think they speak louder than looks, too. You may not feel you look like a lady, but you acted like one in returning the older gentleman to his home. I think his family members may have understood that. Their card doesn't sound like they read you and they're all ready to pounce on the "weirdo"; it sounds like they either accept you at face value, or they may have read you and just don't care one way or the other, because it's obvious you're a good person!

The reaction of the "good ole boys" in the truck is more ambiguous, but, in the absence of any behavior other than what they might direct at a GG in a similar situation, I'd take it as "applause." Crude, maybe, but these poor fellows probably don't know how to relate to women any other way...

I think you may have more potential than you realize! :)

- Amy

Marcelle
09-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Just one thing though. That spelling of neighbours. Very British of you. Now about those Zs instead of Ss and we'll be well on the way to creating an Anglophile

Hi Rebecca,

Busted. My maternal grandparents are English and live in Canada. I grew up there before relocating south. The anglophile spelling conventions for certain words still stick . . . unfortunately dropped the "z" long ago in favour of "s". :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

MissTee
09-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Funny story, Isha. Sounds like my luck. Oh, and as one vet to another: thanks for your service to our country.

Consider while making a determination if your were made or not that a lot of people don't immediately think they'll encounter anyone CD-ing. Most never do. Thus, it's usually not in the mental universe of possibilities for many people, especially in rural area where not much diversity of any kind happens. The more likely first response would be, "my, what a homely girl."

Marcelle
09-22-2013, 08:11 AM
The more likely first response would be, "my, what a homely girl."

Hi MissTee,

LOL on the homely girl comment . . . If I wasn't read it was more likely "Poor girl, I wonder if she knows about plastic surgery" :)