PDA

View Full Version : Paradox

Greenie
09-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I was taking a bath this morning when I realized how a hairy my legs were. I thought. Well I will shave when I wear a skirt or tights next.

It got me thinking.

Women: No one will see me. Okay to not shave.
CDer: No one will see me. LETS SHAVE. :)

lol.

Beverley Sims
09-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't know just because you have a relative that might notice.
I do notice hairy legs and arms on women and I think it would look better off.
Me, I don't have hair on my legs at all.
My wife is jealous of that. :)

Marcelle
09-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Greenie,

Yes very interesting paradox. Can't really speak from a CD perspective as I have always removed my body hair since I started competitive fighting. However, my wife provided a similar paradox when it comes to make-up. In the house or just doing odd errands around . . . not for her. Me . . . always regardless of if someone is going to see me (which is not likely) or not.

Isha

~Joanne~
09-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Whether they can see it or not, both should shave ;)

Greenie
09-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Joanne: yes. This is true. Lol. Which is why I ended up deciding to shave. It was the thought process that made me giggle.

Bev: I have hairy arms. I am Mediterranean. I could care less what people think about my hairy arms. If they have a problem with my arms, then I have a problem with them. lol.

Dannigurlfriend
09-21-2013, 09:34 AM
I always stay shaved, I hate going back and trying to get it all later its a pain.

I'd say shave but that's just me, you do what you think is best hun.

Greenie
09-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Lol Danni. I am not asking for advice. I just thought it was funny.

~Joanne~
09-21-2013, 09:43 AM
You always make me giggle Greenie ;) now let's see the skirt pic lol

Jenniferathome
09-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Kae, very astute observation. Cute too.

PaulaQ
09-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Too funny. The difference is that your pressure to shave is largely social, while our pressure to not shave is largely social, while the pressure TO shave is internal for us.

I've noticed that lots of women ignore arm hair. I never really noticed until I made myself pay attention to this.

My own bodily hair bothers me inordinately. (I can't shave my face this weekend because I'm going for an electrology consult Monday. ugh, Just kill me...)

MysticLady
09-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I was taking a bath this morning when I realized how a hairy my legs were. I thought. Well I will shave when I wear a skirt or tights next.

Hi Greenie, I was wondering, how many people would stare at a woman w/ hairy legs. It's funny how, growing hair for a woman is a normality but, how many people would see that as odd, just as looking at a CDer. Interesting thought.:straightface:

kimdl93
09-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I pretty much always shave, even when I wear slacks but mostly cause I hate stubble!

AllieSF
09-21-2013, 02:12 PM
I have seen the same paradox when I get a pedicure with colored nail polish. I hide it from friends, family and known acquaintances and proudly display them when out dressed as Allie. I sometimes still giggle when taking a shower and look down at my feet and see that great color shining up at me. I love it and also just live with it. No big deal, at least not bigger than it needs to be.

docrobbysherry
09-21-2013, 02:14 PM
---- Well I will shave when I wear a skirt or tights next.-------
You've got me confused, Greenie. Why would a GG OR a CD shave their legs to wear tites? I thot hiding leg hair was a major reason for wearing them?

jenni_xx
09-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Well, it's not a paradox, at all, but it is still a great comment.

Gretchen_To_Be
09-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Greenie--great sense of humor, loved the comment. I wish there were a "Like" button on these threads!

Celina
09-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Life of a crossdresser in it? Doing all the stuff you don't want anyone to notice :P

Great thought Greenie ;)

Greenie
09-21-2013, 11:31 PM
You've got me confused, Greenie. Why would a GG OR a CD shave their legs to wear tites? I thot hiding leg hair was a major reason for wearing them?

Not if your tights are not opaque. Then you still have too. :/

@ jenni: no one likes a grammar/verbiage Nazi. lol. Lets all just smile and have fun!

Michelle (Oz)
09-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Amusing observation Greenie. In my case I only shave/epilate when what I'm wearing will be seen and I don't dress at home. Epilating hurts too much but yes I do like the feel and look of hairless.

I was in a business meeting recently (presenting male) and noticed one of the females there had very hairy arms. More so than mine used to be. Difference is that she was obviously a GG - just hairier. Me, epilated and all, will still be male but the closer I can come to the 'norm' the more I might be perceived as a female.

Deedee Skyblue
09-22-2013, 01:04 AM
It's all part of the same phenomenon: GGs can't wait to get home to take their bras off, CDs can't wait to get home to put their bras on; GGs prefer slacks, CDs prefer skirts; GGs shave when people are going to see them, CDs shave when no one will see them; GGs can openly wear male clothing and be accepted, CDs can't openly wear female clothing and be accepted.

Greenie, did you mean 'super sheer'?

Deedee

AmyGaleRT
09-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Greenie, I resolved that by just trying to keep my legs (and chest, and arms) cleaned up regularly, at least once a week. I'll do it more often if I know I'm going to be dressing as Amy soon thereafter.

I'm fortunate in that I never had a lot of hair in those places to begin with, so getting rid of it isn't so obvious. Still, though, I love the smooth feeling of my legs after the process is done! (Perhaps GGs appreciate it, too, they just think all the work required to get it that way is a pain!)

- Amy

Catie2013
09-22-2013, 03:21 AM
As a gg I am giggling and doing the same as you greenie

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Greenie, I just can't imagine having hairy legs, arms or a chest anymore.

Ellanore G.G.
09-22-2013, 07:19 AM
lol , My H thinks it so funny, when I just shave my toes for summer
and leave them all hairy for the winter....hee hee.
I think the same sometimes when we are going to a party.
ME; aw I will have to shave my legs, and try walk in heels all night, Ill bring my flats in my bag, no one will notice.
My H ; ohhhh wish I could shave and get to wear heels for the night, Id like to bring heels , slip them on and hope no one will notice lol

MysticLady
09-22-2013, 08:52 AM
lol , My H thinks it so funny, when I just shave my toes for summer
and leave them all hairy for the winter....hee hee.

That is so wrong:heehee:

Sabrina133
09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Funny Greenie and so true...Brings to mind another paradox.

When a gg gets home at night, the first thing to come off is the bra, when a CD gets home at night, first thing to put on is the bra...

Jenniferathome
09-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Well, it's not a paradox, at all, but it is still a great comment.

Sure it's a paradox: damned if you do (man) damned if you don't (woman)

Kate Simmons
09-22-2013, 01:45 PM
When I go out and don't feel like shaving my legs I can usually just "fake it" with pantyhose and a long dress or skirt. I tend to be that "lazy CDer" sometimes.:heehee::)