PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please...

Ash1987
09-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi girls, My names ashleigh and im 26, I guess the appropriate place to start would be, Ive been cross dressing since i can remember, But i think it started around age 4. I can remember being so excited by the whole female persona if you will. It carried on throughout my adolescence and early twenties right up until now where i find myself being so unsure about who or what i am. I suppose i should explain "me" so you can get a better picture... Unfortunately with my incredibly female emotional centre i am a very typical alpha male, I'm 6,4 and about 20 st, I am anything but female... But deep down i have a longing that comes and goes. Some days i have been so certain it's what i definitely want... But other days i honestly don't know, I have a very supportive partner as lucky as that is, She has been great and even tried to get involved. I guess im not sure i could ever be the female i desire with my size so i give up hope somedays! x

NathalieX66
09-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Join the club, darling. We are all snowflakes. We are similar, and we are all different. There is no height or weight requirement. But if you are looking for clothes, Lane Bryant, Torrid, and Dress Barn offer larger sizes.

Peace, and welcome to the forum!

Ressie
09-21-2013, 09:08 PM
There was recently a very long thread called "how tall are you" which revealed a lot of members are over 6 ft. Am I lucky that I'm only 5'7"? A good height for crossdressing, but most women like taller guys.

Maryesther M.
09-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Ashleigh,

you're a big gurl, for sure. 6'4" is fine but puts limits on the heels you can wear. More limiting are those 20 stones. At your height you ought to be about max. 14 &1/2 stone, which would make buying nice femme clothes much less of a problem. At your age I was into very serious competitive rowing, so excess weight was a no-no. That sport has served me well and at age 71 I'm still hopping into racing rowing boats regularly and crucifying myself in the gym, hence the trim measurements.

I'm 6'2", but max. out at 13&1/2 stone, so waist measurement at 33" fits UK size 16. Much more problematic is finding girly things to cover rower's shoulders, which for me must be size 20. This rules dresses out, so it's got to be seperates for me.

M.

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi Ashleigh, Look around you will see that GGs' come in all sizes and shapes.

MissTee
09-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Welcome Ashleigh. There are a lot of on line stores that supply good wardrobe choices for the big and tall girls. Enjoy!

kimdl93
09-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Size does matter, but not so much as you may think. What really counts is what's going on inside....how you feel. Like you, I'm far from petite, at 6'2" and 220 lbs...(could someone explain stones for me ). But I have grown to accept that I'm not a traditional male inside, and quite strongly prefer living a large percentage of my life as a woman. It's not for any of us to define you...just let you know that many people feel this way, that with a supportive spouse it's very possible to live a full, fulfilling and happy life as a mixed gender person.

Btw, I go out regularly en femme, despite my size and have no problems.

Beverley Sims
09-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Ash,
If you can quell the desire to go out, staying indoors and around the house can be gratifying in itself.
Itisnot necessary to go out.

Ash1987
09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I dunno i guess i just don't think i could ever "Pass" Not really sure what i want from it all to be honest, As i said its been there all my life... I know i would love in an ideal world to be able to just go out and do my thing without prejudice, I think thats easier said than done!... I have done a couple of times in the middle of nowhere and it was probably the most liberating experience of my life! Just really quite confused with who i am! :brolleyes:

reb.femme
09-22-2013, 04:25 PM
................... Like you, I'm far from petite, at 6'2" and 220 lbs...(could someone explain stones for me ).................

14lbs to the stone - therefore 220lbs = 15st 10lbs

I also do temperature in centiheit and fahrengrade....or something like that? :heehee:

Rebecca

Tracii G
09-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Welcome not much to add sorry.

Druscilla Supernovae
09-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Wowsers! 6'4". That makes me feel like a lilipution at only 5' 3". Like everyone is saying there are all kinds of shapes and sizes. Just go with the flow and remember google is your friend.

AmyGaleRT
09-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Ashleigh, I'm about your height and weight, and yet when I post pictures, I'm told I'm quite passable. So it can be done!

I wear a size 26W dress (that's US size, not sure what the equivalent is in UK size). Most of my clothes have come from the "OSP Group" of online stores: Woman Within, Roaman's, Jessica London, OneStopPlus, BCOutlet. Another good source is Just My Size. I've recently gotten catalogs from a couple of UK-based companies, Marisota and SimplyBe, that also sell clothes in my size. I sometimes find decent stuff on eBay, too, though that can be hit-or-miss (the dress I wore last night was a "miss," for instance...it looked good but was a bit too small and the fabric had no "give" to it). You do have options.

Part of it just involves figuring out what looks good on you, too. For me, it's A-line dresses with empire waists. It also helps that I don't go for the micro-mini-skirt and 6" heel look of the "showy" crossdresser; I tend to wear clothes that would be worn by GGs. I don't go over 3-1/2" in my heels, and usually they're lower than that.

There is never no hope left, dear; remember! :)

- Amy