PDA

View Full Version : No flowers for boys

arbon
09-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I had to take my wife over to Boise this weekend to catch a plane and we had some extra time so we stopped for pedis manis. There was a woman with two boys probably around 6 and 8 all getting their nails done to. The boys were loving it picking out their colors and everything.

One of the other women asked one of the boys if was getting a flower painted on his toe to and he say "No! I'm a boy! I' wearing boy cloths, that's how you can tell I'm a boy and not a girl. Boys don't get flowers!"

It was really cute!

So for all the guys to afraid to go get your nails done know it is okay so long as you don't get a flower on your toe.

reb.femme
09-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I'll make sure I jot that one down. Absolutely, no flowers or I'll be mistaken for a girl! What are the chances of that? :o

Rebecca

ReineD
09-22-2013, 04:42 PM
That is cute! :)

Just curious Arbon, what color where the boys getting? Blacks, blues, or greens? Or the more traditionally feminine colors like reds and pinks, strong or pale?

Tracii G
09-22-2013, 04:52 PM
That is cute. I'm curious to the colors they chose too.

AllieSF
09-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for sharing Arbon. I think some of us need a Mommy like that!

arbon
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
One had bright reds on toes and fingers he was very happy with them. The other , older boy, had green on his toes and only did either a really light pink or a clear on his fingers

ReineD
09-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Ah. The older boy is already succumbing to socialization.

I loved that print ad a while back of one of the J Crew excecutives painting her son's toenails pink. It unfortunately got a lot of criticism:

http://testdb.msmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pink.jpg

Druscilla Supernovae
09-22-2013, 07:11 PM
The only way I'd get a flower is if it's a black rose.

Michelle789
09-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Is it just me or do older sons usually succumb to male social roles more than younger sons? Maybe older sons have more pressure to "man up" than younger sons.

Marleena
09-22-2013, 07:53 PM
that's a cute story Arbon. He drew the line by not allowing flowers.:)

PretzelGirl
09-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Love it! I wonder if they can do baseballs and footballs. Would that be manly enough? :D

Cynthia Anne
09-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Well, perhaps I can wear flowers on mine the next time I get my drivers license renewed?????????????????????
I would much rather have an F marked on my license then an m!

Frédérique
09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Boys don't get flowers!

My father would laugh at that – he spent his life growing flowers, surrounding himself with beautiful blooms, but I don’t think he would want to have one painted on his toe! Every time I went on a date with my ex I would bring her flowers, but I never got ANY...
:sad:

Aly Cat
09-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Is it just me or do older sons usually succumb to male social roles more than younger sons? Maybe older sons have more pressure to "man up" than younger sons.

Believe it or not, my oldest (9) is much more feminine than my youngest (6). Though my younger son has longer shoulder length hair, he is all boy. My older son has shorter hair but he has very soft features and more of an androgynous look. He is also more sensitive and has been known to wear my flats around. (He thinks they are mommys shoes.) Hes more academic and is more interested in creativity where my younger son just wants to run around outside and climb trees and rough house. Its amazing how different they are.

Sometimes Steffi
09-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Ah. The older boy is already succumbing to socialization.

I loved that print ad a while back of one of the J Crew excecutives painting her son's toenails pink. It unfortunately got a lot of criticism:

http://testdb.msmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pink.jpg

The ad did get a lot of criticism, but don't forget that J Crew manned up and defended the ad, as did the mom.

ReineD
09-22-2013, 09:43 PM
You know, a thought occurred to me.

This was one smart mom in the nail salon. How else do you keep two rambunctious boys busy while you are having your nails done? It's bound to pique their curiosity and they have to sit still to let them dry, just as long as their mother does. :D

I wish I'd have thought of that when my boys were young.

arbon
09-22-2013, 10:41 PM
It definitely was not their first time doing this and they were not nervous or anything about. No one else there minded.

Hearing more about things like and seeing more of it out there someday maybe crossing the gender lines wont be any kind of big deal at all.

Beverley Sims
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Arbon,
I agree kids say the darndest things.

gautier_nikolai
09-23-2013, 12:01 AM
This topic reminds me of the Flower Boys series on Korean TV where i don't know if they paint their nails the guys on there but they sure slap on the make up and use all sorts of facial products!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204587/The-flower-boys-South-Korea-spend-beauty-products-men-world.html

I sometimes think it's interesting how geography defines us so distinctly in many ways, contemporaneously, in this globalised world.

Now, where's my lipgloss?:heehee:

ReineD
09-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Nikolai, the practice of men using makeup is also present in this part of the world, although not as popular as in Korea.

I found a few links that I've posted here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?191719-Tell-me-about-your-electrolysis-and-not-looking-like-a-guy&p=3289271&viewfull=1#post3289271

gautier_nikolai
09-24-2013, 02:33 AM
You are right Reine and thanks for the links.Really interesting.

The weird thing is i have been out en homme in full foundation to attempt to conceal my flaws and obviously wearing makeup and i'm fine with that.It doesn't bother me; although it's kinda obviously to most GGs and guys too i guess my face isn't au naturel.

However, i still worry about underdressing incase my belt slips when i get up from a seat on the underground or something and someone sees a flash of knickers!

Confusing!I'm quite happy to present as a stereotypical image of gay male (gender fluid on here i think?-I'm still trying to learn terminology) en homme (make-up, bracelets, hoping to be perceived as a satorially well put together male etc..).

P.S.I know not all dudes who wear makeup en drab are gay; but i'm assuming most of the general population would naturally assume so still- even here in cosmopolitan London town.

I've seen smaller make-up products advertised for men, on QVC and other tv adverts such as concealer for under the eyes (dark circles) however-probably advertised something along the lines of: for "the night after"- bacon, eggs, hair of the dog... and your *** brand eye man-stick.