PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us About Your Attempts to "Push the Envelope"

Veronica27
09-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the same feeling I have lurking in the lower portions of my mind - the feeling that although I'm closeted, I kind of don't want to be. I know that by wearing a female costume, I'm making a statement. I believe part of me WANTS that statement to be made. It's like coming out in a minor, passive sort of way.

I'm OK with others thinking I think it's just a Halloween costume I wear with impunity, when all the while I know perfectly well I'm making a statement, that I'm revealing something about myself. After all these years of hiding my Abby side, I think part of me kinda wants people to know. Halloween is a great time to drop a little (or not so little) hint. Maybe if one day I do ever come out, everyone will just say, "yeah I knew ever since you wore that _____ costume".

The above quote was written by Abbygirl in the now closed thread about Halloween. For most closeted dressers, I think there is a lot of truth to the above words, although like Abby, I am surprised that this sentiment did not appear in any other replies. No matter what the reasons may be for being closeted, how much we may deny feeling a need to go out, whether or not it is about gender or the clothes, and on and on, there is a kind of wish or feeling that things might be otherwise. We may live vicariously with daydreams and fantasies about being more daring and adventurous, or we may deny ever feeling any desire to be out and about. But can we honestly say that such thoughts do not exist.

It is for this reason that I think that Halloween provides such a tremendous opportunity for crossdressers. It can be a relatively safe way of giving vent to that feeling; a sense that we are not forever locked in that closet. Crossdressing should be about enjoyment. Even the most ardent transgenderist, who insists that it is about their identity and being themselves, would likely admit that if their crossgender behaviour and expression did not bring about immense satisfaction and comfort, their actual crossdressing time might be more limited in favour of an androgynous style and other forms of self expression.

We have a tendency to take ourselves very seriously, when enjoyment should be about having fun, and being light hearted. With that in mind many of us have probably tried to push the envelope, so to speak, and had crossdressing adventures that no one else ever knew about, because while we were taking a chance, we were doing so in a manner that did not arouse any suspicions. The obvious methods are such things as underdressing, going for a drive in the wee small hours or taking a walk around the block on a rainy night, complete with umbrella and suitable protection from the elements. Can anyone tell us their stories about their own personal adventures in pushing the envelope? Here's mine:

I live in a very small community, referred to on maps and archives, as a hamlet. A provincial highway once passed through our little community, but it now bypasses our little corner of the world turning our road into an elongated crescent. At one time we boasted a general store, a church, and some sort of a mill. An abandoned rail line once passed through, but is now a snowmobile and hiking trail. Everybody knows everyone else, of course, and crossdressing in the area is totally out for the closeted dresser. That is, unless you get creative.

In back of my property is a long hill that originates beside my house and stretches well beyond my lot past a small creek and by some neighbouring farms. The hill is totally wooded and there used to be paths leading up the hill from my yard to a long path that ran along the crest of the hill for close to a mile. These are mostly overgrown now as nobody ever goes up there any more. I am a bit too old to chance the climb. The view from the top was spectacular looking away from our property, but was obscured by forest looking back toward my house or our hamlet. I used to go up there crossdressed, usually in women's slacks, and hike that pathway. Sometimes I would wear a skirt under the slacks, and once up the hill, would remove the slacks to enjoy the feeling of the breeze on my skirted legs. On warm days, I also removed my blouse or top and enjoyed feeling the breezes on my bra and form clad torso. Complete with my wig and some jewelry, the sensation was exhilarating.

This form of escape came to an end when another house was built on the property next to mine, which had some views of my escape routes up that hill. Even more scary was an invasion of sorts by a few bears who decided that that hill was an ideal location. Finally, my age was starting to make it risky to climb the hill, which has a bed of damp leaves on the slopes and clearings all year round. After a few slips and falls, I decided discretion was advised. Subsequent to those hikes, I dressed for a few Halloweens as I described in that thread, and more recently have attended a few crossdressing conventions or events.

While this question is aimed more at closeted dressers, most of the out and about types probably went through many years of secrecy. How did you find creative ways to safely push the envelope.

Veronica

Launa
09-22-2013, 05:58 PM
About 1 month ago I went out of town to a different city and checked into a big hotel. There was a big ISC event happening and there was a lot of drag performances that were going on this weekend. I had been out to gay bars a few times over the past 2 years already but this time was a bit different because I had never been out during the day......
I checked into my hotel early and decided to get ready and go out. I got ready and tested the waters by walking around the hotel then I said its time to go and I went shopping to different stores all over. Had a wicked time over the next 3 days as I was dressed up the whole time. Now I'm hooked and can't wait to do it again.

Cheers

Launa

AllieSF
09-22-2013, 07:06 PM
I agree that I think that most of us want to reveal a little about us, though we are always afraid of the major unwanted consequences. So, in some ways some minor and others not so minor, we take risks, mostly calculated and some not. I am not closeted to the world at large, but still in the closet, so to speak, when it comes to family, neighbors and friends. When out dressed away from home, I could care less who I meet, but around home, I rarely go out dressed. When I first started dressing, I was very protective of my privacy. Today, almost 7 years after starting, I am much less so.

Pushing the envelope for me includes shopping in male mode close to home for women's clothes and accessories , trying on women's shoes in the middle of the shoe racks, trying on women's clothes in the dressing rooms (male or unisex) at local thrift stores, going out with local GG friends of my electrologist never knowing if one may know one of my family or friends and may also like to gossip.

Since I am retired, I do not worry about losing my job. I am also very comfortable with who I am and going out in the real world dressed as I please. My son used to live with me and he may or may not know or have some idea that Dad may be a little different these last few years. If he knows, my daughter may also know. I figured that if he or she ever asks, I hopefully will respond, "And how much do you "really" want to know?" I feel that I have a very good relationship with those that I love and really want for friends and that them finding out may have little major negative impact on those relationships. I do not tell them because there is really no reason for them to know. I maybe gain a little more freedom and have a potential to also have more difficulties in my life as those close friends and family adjust or not to what they know about me. Maybe one day I will decide that I need to tell them, but for now, I am very happy with the status quo.

The other thing about pushing the envelope is the typical "You do it because someone said don't do it!" Taking risks sometimes can give us an adrenalin rush, which also pretty cool too.

Kate Simmons
09-22-2013, 07:25 PM
There are no hard and fast "rules" one way or the other. It's mostly an individual thing by nature and more of less "seat of the pants" and made up as we go along. That's the only way to find out what really works for us.:battingeyelashes::)

MissVictoria
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I didn't really start going out in female mode until about 2 years ago. Prior to that, it was the usual stay at home, do chores kind of hobby. As my son got older, and turned 3, then 4, and now almost 5, my wife felt it was important to continue to let this side of me develop, and more importantly, exist, so she suggested rather than at home where my son, and now daughter(almost 3) will ask, or get confused, etc, she suggested I take this outside of the house. I started with a local CD bar, and it has been great, having met a ton of people, etc, but it is getting tiresome as it is the same people, doing the same thing, talking about the same thing, week after week after week. I now do the bar maybe once or twice a month, and the rest of the time, push the envelope in mainstream locales. I visit Mohegan Sun twice a month, maybe more. I enjoy going to their "Ladies Night" Fridays, and enjoy being talked to by GG's who are there blowing off steam, or celebrating a bachelorette party, etc. My wife appreciates pushing the envelope with me, even though she isn't there with me. She will pick out the outfits, which, when worn by a GG my own age, would not be bad, but at 5'11 and 220, I do sometimes get a second look. She likes my skirts short and tight, and my heels sky high! I love shopping at the mall, trying everything on, in boy mode, and absolutely love talking to Mary, my rep at clinique, and all of her co-workers, as they test out new styles or colors or whatever, once again in boy mode. My wife would prefer I don't walk around dressed in the local mall, or in the town I live in,and I do respect her wishes, but pushing the envelope in boy mode, is a good enough fix for me!

Stephanie47
09-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I guess "pushing the envelope" has a little different connotation than trying on clothes in stores, going out en femme, etc. Long ago I was very comfortable buying feminine unmentionables, but, alas, the clothing was for my wife. Maybe, I felt a sense of security because it would be obvious the clothes were not for me. Me? A six foot one, 175 pound guy! Her? Five foot two, 115 pound young woman. I have tried on and purchased wigs in stores, but, alas, it was before Halloween. I'm much more comfortable now buying anything and everything in the safety of my computer room. Of course, there is no problem slipping a tube of lipstick, a bottle of nail polish, a package of hosiery or similar item into the cart at my local grocery/variety store, especially going through the self checkout line.

When I went out of town in 1992 for six days, five nights I had a ball. Of course, being 130 miles away from any prying eyes afforded me five wonderful nights of hanging my dresses in a closet at a Marriott Residency Inn. When my wife went on her annual trip to visit a family member in Chicago for ten days, I had free reign. I hung my clothes in the closet. I lined up my shoes at the foot of the bed. I got dolled up and took numerous drives and strolls. It was wonderful.

Now, pushing the envelope. Well, it was trying to persuade my wife to buy me a pair of panties. I was still in my period of trying to gain self acceptance. Having my wife buy a pair of panties for me would have been some sort of validation. Now, years prior she and I had purchased lingerie, peignoirs, hosiery and garter belts for me to wear to bed. Back then neither of us had understood what cross dressing was and that I was progressing deeper into the Stephanie side. When it became obvious, my wife did not understand and shut that aspect of me out of her life.

So, pushing the envelope consisted of trying to have her buy me panties. Yes, we went to the mall. We perused the racks of panties. It was absolute torture for her. Nobody else would have suspected we were shopping for me, not her. But, she knew. It was the last time I ever subjected my wife to that form of mental torture, which probably would be considered to be a form of abuse.

Now, it's DADT. I do not share that aspect of my life. I know, she knows I buy feminine garments. Unfortunately, Halloween is just another day on the calendar that is set aside to distribute tooth decaying, packing on the pounds, sugar induced highs candy to little creatures, and, some not so little creatures.

Pushing the envelope at Halloween would be to donning a pretty dress, heels and doling out candy.

ReineD
09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
I agree with everything you say, Veronica, and I've seen your sentiment in many other posts here, Abbygirl.

I also think that Halloween is fun and exciting for people who don't go out in the mainstream on a regular basis. But then Halloween is also a very social event, and if a person has a group of friends who have Halloween parties, they may well tend to dress, more than someone who doesn't know anyone who goes to Halloween parties. So it's important to consider people's various social lives as to who might have fun dressing to go to a party.

My SO had fun with Halloween for some years until three years ago when she decided that it wasn't for her anymore. I went into the reasons in the other thread, there's no need to repeat here.

And last, I am also convinced that if men in dresses were completely accepted in our society, if there was no stigma whatsoever, the entire group of CDers in this forum would gladly go out dressed all the time. Some would just wear the clothes while presenting as a man, and others would still go all out and prefer to present as a woman. And I'm sure that others still would stop dressing entirely since there would be no more excitement due to the taboo. But for the rest, there would be no more subconscious desire to be seen, since everyone would be out! :)

Marcelle
09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
And last, I am also convinced that if men in dresses were completely accepted in our society, if there was no stigma whatsoever, the entire group of CDers in this forum would gladly go out dressed all the time. Some would just wear the clothes while presenting as a man, and others would still go all out and prefer to present as a woman. And I'm sure that others still would stop dressing entirely since there would be no more excitement due to the taboo. But for the rest, there would be no more subconscious desire to be seen, since everyone would be out! :)

Well said Reine. . . and what a glorious society that would be. :) Tolerance at its best, perhaps someday we will evolve as a species and move past worrying about what people do or wear. I just hope I am alive to see it

Hugs

Isha

Oddlee
09-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Interesting thread... Thanks for starting it.

My thought about Halloween costumes is that they reveal something deep about the people wearing them (and that at some level we want to be "out).

As for pushing the envelope, for me it's coming out to new women I meet who may become potential partners, with reactions varying between "Bye-bye" and acceptance. Returning to the "wanting to come out, at some level" theme, I think we all want to be known and accepted as who we are, and that it is unhealthy for us, at some level, to have to hide parts of ourselves to get along with/in society...

Lee

Frédérique
09-22-2013, 09:23 PM
We have a tendency to take ourselves very seriously, when enjoyment should be about having fun, and being light hearted. With that in mind many of us have probably tried to push the envelope, so to speak, and had crossdressing adventures that no one else ever knew about, because while we were taking a chance, we were doing so in a manner that did not arouse any suspicions. The obvious methods are such things as underdressing, going for a drive in the wee small hours or taking a walk around the block on a rainy night, complete with umbrella and suitable protection from the elements. Can anyone tell us their stories about their own personal adventures in pushing the envelope?

The thread I recently submitted was an account of pushing the proverbial “envelope,” doing something purely for the sake of exhilaration. I have a lot of stories about CD things I’ve tried for one reason or another. It’s just fun to crossdress, period, and preserve the magic one can feel from such modest undertakings. This is about the only place where one can swap CD stories! For years I kept detailed accounts in my voluminous diary, subtitled “My life as a girl.” Ah, memories...
:daydreaming:

I will often insert crossdressing into any daily activity, just to make that activity a little more memorable. Going outside my “safe house,” which represents the envelope that surrounds me, involves taking risks. Driving somewhere is a lot of fun, and not too risky here in Kansas. Now that it’s getting cooler, I can think about going somewhere, with no other purpose but to BE dressed, as I like, and enjoy the feeling of being dressed. I can think of many places to go, but the destination is not as important as the journey itself. These modest trips can be quite profound...

Just walking around my little town is highly exhilarating, a calculated exercise in “not being seen,” for the only reason WHY I go out is to enjoy my crossdressing. I push the envelope out a little, and then it snaps back into place. My aim is to retain a certain elasticity, to expand and contract, keeping my options open and, it follows, keeping my interest “like new.” Each time I go out, pushing the envelope before me, I want it to feel like the first time – I could go out quite often, on my own terms, but I don’t. I like to delay pleasure, wait, and then let my CD pleasure overwhelm me. I don’t PUSH too hard, you know...
:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
09-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I never had to push the envelope.
My girlfriends opened it for me and encouraged my dressing so much that I was left out of activities if I presented as a guy.
I rented a house and had 3 female tenants I sublet to.
They recognized my "ability" early in our relationship.
They had friends visit and I was always passed off as the fourth girl.
Some assumed there were five in the house but only four bedrooms.

docrobbysherry
09-23-2013, 12:21 AM
However, I've always tried to "push my envelope" as a way to live life to the fullest!

After dressing in a complete vacuum for 10 years I progressed as follows:

Came out on line here 6 years ago.
Attended my first SCC 5 years ago. Subsequently attended 3 more.
Attended my first DLV 3 years ago. Have attended the last 3
Halloween events:
Disneyland the last 3 years dressed. Twice alone
Went dressed to a vanilla dance group session as Sherry. Knew no one there
Began going out with nearby Tgirls to dinners and clubs late last year.
(Thanks to Steph and Shelbe!):)
Attended my first fetish convention this year

If I can do these things wearing a mask, u can, too!:eek:

If u aren't pushing yourself u may be one of those that lives a "quiet life of desperation"? I hope u r not. But, if you're not happy, I suggest u try living your dreams. Now!:thumbsup:

sometimes_miss
09-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Nearly 20 years ago, my ex wife discovered that I was a crossdresser. She had issues too, and we started going to a therapist, one who specialized in gender as well as substance abuse and the codependents. The therapist encouraged me to be myself, and tried to get my wife to accept the female behavior and clothes I wanted. And for a while, it worked; but my ex was clearly not comfortable with it. She decided to divorce me, and slowly set up the situation to blackmail me about crossdressing to my friends, coworkers and relatives.
Then the envelope slowly contracted around me. Nowhere to go. No one to talk to. Losing all my assets. Pre-emptively telling my family, it turned out to be a huge mistake, as they simply could not accept a family member who was a 'pervert'. I've since lost touch with nearly all of my family, the few that still talk to me do so in short and/or one word answers, and don't initiate contact.
For some, coming out has some nice things about it. Turns out, you really have to make sure you're going to have some support before actually telling anyone.
Otherwise, you're going to be spending a whole lot more time alone.

audreyinalbany
09-23-2013, 10:49 AM
"We have a tendency to take ourselves very seriously, when enjoyment should be about having fun, and being light hearted."

well said, Veronica...lets all stop taking ourselves so seriously and enjoy being our 'inter-sexed, cross-dressed, gender-challenged, mixed up, jumbled" selves...

Jaymees22
09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
My envelope pushing is pretty much going out for rides in the car and then if I'm feeling frisky a walk in the park, always during the day. I really pushed the envelope when I went to the post office, but cheated a little and used the drive up mail box.

As to going out on Halloween, I'm afraid I might be perceived as a little too much into it, if dressed as my girl self.

Jaymee

BillieAnneJean
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I have been going OUT enfemme since I started crossdressing. My photos are on the internet at TG Miss, Frock magazine, and The Grand Rapids LGBT Network News, plus they are in print copies of The LGBT News. i routinely buy women`s clothes and shoes after trying them on while out enfemme. None off this was planned, it all has been so much fun that it sort of happened. The one thing that you will see omitted from my life and posts is dressing around my SO and going OUT with her while I am enfemme. That is something that I don`t consider as desirable. I just enjoy her feminine company way too much as a guy. I will always prefer guy/girl time with her. If you knew her you would understand. Beautiful, capable, sweet, sexy, kind, and smart. She still takes my breath away.

But I find a way to really push AN envelope when I aid other crossdrssers as they go OUT enfemme. That is something that gives me vicarious thrill of their journey. BTW I still get excited when i am getting ready to go OUT enfemme. After all this time (a joke there) I still savor the anticipation as early as a few days before, get the butterflies while transforming, and enjoy the sensations when OUT enfemme.

But I am going to push the envelope with really GG style Halloween costumes this year. Short, frilly, sexy, lots of leg and thigh. FUN! And not pushing the envelope (to us) these will be SO friendly events.

So have fun, push some envelopes, if not yours, help someone else. Join a Group. Come with us to one or all of the five Halloween events we have going.
Billie

Chickhe
09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
You must have missed what I said. Halloween is the perfect time to push the envelope because anyone can do it and nobody cares who does it and if they do care you can laugh at them for being so silly. Understand though, you must wear a costume on Halloween...even if you dress as a woman with no costume you are still wearing a costume. It is important to know the difference between your feelings for CDing and a wearing a costume because people will believe you are wearing a costume and they will respond to you as it is a costume. Do not make it more than that, its not the time to be heavy...people want light hearted fun...Halloween is supposed to be a party. So, do Halloween in the most fun way you can. The benefit will be that you can show people a female version of yourself so they will not be surprised later on if they see you enfem. It is also a great backup story if a rumor starts because you can honestly and proudly say you did dress up for Halloween and that must be what 'they' are talking about.

My pushing the envelope has consisted of about 10 Halloweens, mostly in a row doing a female character and it has been enjoyable the whole time. I do it with my wife, we have gone out to straight clubs and 99% of the people have been very friendly. I have gradually gotten better at passing and so pushing the envelope includes that...and its enjoyable for my wife because she plays along. Its all for fun, no heavy feelings, explanations or discussions about it, I just do it as best as I can.

I have done other adventures on my own too, the motivation behind those was to answer nagging questions I had. Personal fears that I had to overcome from experience. I am glad to say, I tried it all, mostly kept private, nothing I'm not proud of, but still its a very personal experience. Very early on, there were all the small adventures involving sneaking around in the forest, for example, but really those adventures are just hiding from fear. Then its back to the closet to fear the next time. The real leap was made when I decided to go out fully dressed in broad daylight....just because I was so scared to do it! (you would not believe how paranoid I was) To do that you really have to decide to accept yourself and you should prepare, just in case you are discovered. The end result is that I am not scared of a lot of things that I was scared of before. I'm a more open and accepting person than I was and I feel 110% better. Other parts of my life have also improved also.

suchacutie
09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I have been sitting here having trouble with this question when it occurred to me that pushing the envelope is all I've ever done. Tina appeared suddenly 8 years ago when I knew nothing about being transgendered. Because of a variety of life commitments Tina doesn't get to "visit" as often as she likes, so she makes the most of every time. At the beginning it was lessons on one aspect or another about being a girl, lessons from her new girlfriend, my wife! Every time is not only enjoying the time and learning something new, but also planning for the next time including what needs to be purchased or prepared for. What do I need to practice to get ready for Tina's next appearance? And then there are all those interesting questions from my wife to Tina about how she feels about certain topics, getting Tina to learn how to chat, or learning who she is.

I guess there will be some day, eventually, that becoming Tina will be routine and just a part of life, but until then the adrenoline flows every time with the anticipation of something new!

Abbygirl
09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
I have dressed en femme for Halloween twice now, but I haven't pushed the envelope in ways as brazen as many here. I feel like most of my pushing comes in the form of my daily appearance in guy mode, there are so many things about my appearance that could tip people off. No one element of my appearance is really all that incriminating, but put them all together, and... I think anyone who is paying attention would not have much trouble figuring out my secret.
So, I guess I'm not being all that creative with my pushing, I think I just see how much I can get away with.

Thanks Veronica!!!

kimdl93
09-24-2013, 07:11 AM
.......you really have to decide to accept yourself and you should prepare, just in case you are discovered. The end result is that I am not scared of a lot of things that I was scared of before. I'm a more open and accepting person than I was and I feel 110% better. Other parts of my life have also improved also.

I certainly didn't set out with the intention of improving my life, but I agree with Chickie. Finding the resolve or courage or whatever...and actually overcoming fears can have benefits in all aspects of life. Think about it. If you can go out en femme in broad daylight and mingle with people, or to a Halloween party, you may find other life challenges and potential embarrassments a bit less daunting.

DonnaT
09-24-2013, 01:11 PM
I pushed the envelope as a kid. With 4 brothers, I'd dress and go out in the backyard to play on the swing.

I'd dress when delivering the morning papers.

After getting married, and getting a wig from my wife, I'd dress and go out for walks in the neighborhood and apartment complex.

More recently, I'll dress without the wig and makeup, and go fill the car. Even went for a walk on the beach in Ocean City, MD. None of which my wife would be happy to learn about.

Valerie1973
09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Pushing the envelope for me is getting that first step out the door. I have gone out in public before,its just more exciting and addicting now. The more you do it the easier it gets. Once I'm out in the car going for a drive I am in in total relax mode, my confidence is a 1000 ft high more so than when in drab. Going to stores, pumping gas, the post office, basic errands, its a rush for me, a natural high. So, the envelope is my wife knows about me, but never wants to see it or know when I do it. As far as she knows I just try on clothes in the bedroom and that I just hide in the closet where she wants me to be. She doesn't understand or realize how far I go and the lengths and risks I take (Yikes! Did I just say risks?) to the extent of wearing wigs, make-up, heels, shaved legs, padding, purse, dresses and skirts, hose, yeah all of it; me in total transformation. Its a blast to be as passable as I... well as I try to be. Now the risk. I could get caught by someone who knows me, or and accident could happen. My wife would be embarrassed and if she suffers then I'm going to suffer. You see, I was one of those fools that never said anything about being a cross dresser. She pried it out of me and well I confessed. We talked very little about it and then it was put to bed. Prior to confessing I was fine in the closet. This was my most sacred and deepest secret that I figured by keeping my mouth shut wasn't lying. She knows I CD but doesn't know the extent. D.A.D.T. So since I'm out, to her anyways, I can't be confined in the house anymore. It just feel so liberating to feel the cool breeze blow on flowy skirt or dress. People always notice me too in a good ways, with smiles, ma'am, and of course there're are those who take that second look a with stunned look. Ha Ha. "Oh! Its a He-She!" My life doesn't evolve around dressing up. I do this far and few in-between.

Valerie1973
09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Pushing the envelope for me is getting that first step out the door. I have gone out in public before,its just more exciting and addicting now. The more you do it the easier it gets. Once I'm out in the car going for a drive I am in in total relax mode, my confidence is a 1000 ft high more so than when in drab. Going to stores, pumping gas, the post office, basic errands, its a rush for me, a natural high. So, the envelope is my wife knows about me, but never wants to see it or know when I do it. As far as she knows I just try on clothes in the bedroom and that I just hide in the closet where she wants me to be. She doesn't understand or realize how far I go and the lengths and risks I take (Yikes! Did I just say risks?) to the extent of wearing wigs, make-up, heels, shaved legs, padding, purse, dresses and skirts, hose, yeah all of it; me in total transformation. Its a blast to be as passable as I... well as I try to be. Now the risk. I could get caught by someone who knows me, or and accident could happen. My wife would be embarrassed and if she suffers then I'm going to suffer. You see, I was one of those fools that never said anything about being a cross dresser. She pried it out of me and well I confessed. We talked very little about it and then it was put to bed. Prior to confessing I was fine in the closet. This was my most sacred and deepest secret that I figured by keeping my mouth shut wasn't lying. She knows I CD but doesn't know the extent. D.A.D.T. So since I'm out, to her anyways, I can't be confined in the house anymore. It just feel so liberating to feel the cool breeze blow on flowy skirt or dress. People always notice me too in a good ways, with smiles, ma'am, and of course there're are those who take that second look a with stunned look. Ha Ha. "Oh! Its a He-She!" My life doesn't evolve around dressing up. I do this far and few in-between.

ArleneRaquel
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
The last 3-4 weeks I have made it a point to dress as scantilly as possible everytime that I notice my hateful homophobic neighbor is outside the apartment complex. I just love showing up that way so I can tell him go to...........I live as I want and harm no one.....he is such a jerk.

NathalieX66
09-24-2013, 05:40 PM
There really is no more frontier for me. It's just about keeping my laser & electrolysis routine so I can look as passable as I can when I'm out & about. I tell everybody that I live as both genders, and that fact still stands.

NicoleScott
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
"Pushing the enveolpe" is different for different people, as we have seen. I'm an over-the-top dresser, mostly content to stay in and make up and dress my way rather than tone it down and get out to eat, shop, etc. In the past, though, like many other CDers I was drawn out. My over-the-top style doesn't pass very well, but I went out anyway. Some of the best times I had was going to a tg-friendly club in Daytona (now closed, sigh) where they didn't care what my style was. Other than that, I went driving, walking , window shopping, and even went into a few shops. I was always nervous, but never had any bad experiences. I always felt like I was "pushing the envelope". Scary can be exhilirating.

Suzanne F
09-24-2013, 07:28 PM
My latest pushing the envelope was in Vegas. I spent the day and night out with my wife in the mainstream. The highlight for me was playing blackjack and throwing dice at the craps table. It was awesome. I want to be out in the world!
Hugs
Suzanne

Mink
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
i def. felt like i was pushing the envelope one new years where at this party i switched at some point into a very loud blue dress and pink tights

now mind you at the time i had a full beard and massive dreadlocks

i didn't care!

i loved it!