PDA

View Full Version : Asking a GG you don't know where she bought an item of clothing....

heathr1
09-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Have you done this also?

I once asked a woman in town where she bought her leather mini. She told me, smiled and said it made her day.

~Joanne~
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
No, I have never been that.....forward?....not sure of the proper word. There have been many times though where i will see a woman wearing the most gorgeous heels I have ever seen and have wanted to ask but never have. I could never find a way that didn't seem "creepy" to do such of a complete stranger. Now, if someone I know has a nice pair of heels, or whatever, I most certainly will ask ;)

heathr1
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
She approached me to ask for directions, so it was not a complete opener on my part.

Beverley Sims
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I have asked about looks and styles on many occasions.
When soliciting for photographic models you do have to refine your approach.
You do learn to speak to women more easily and interact with them.
No use being tongue tied, er um er, what was I going to say.... Does not help.

Cheryl T
09-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Never a stranger, but I have asked women that I know where they've gotten certain items.
They all know I'm married so the immediate belief is that I'm asking for my wife...if they only knew...

sandra-leigh
09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I do not ask about intimates unless I have known the person for a while or the topic has already arisen.

From time to time, for no reason I can think of, I get the "vibe" that a woman would think me creepy if I were to ask, so I do not ask those ones.

Otherwise, yes, I do ask from time to time, and it seems to be mostly taken as a compliment.

Last week I was waiting near a grocery store for my transportation to arrive. I was wearing skirt and top, long hair -- my usual for public these days. A young woman (20-ish?) came by, and I told her that I liked her skirt. She brightened right up and said she loved it too, and she twirled around and said that she loved how floaty it was, and she walked on with a smile. (This incident wasn't me asking where she bought it, but it was close enough; I could tell she would have been happy to talk more about it if I had asked.)

LIKETODRESS2
09-23-2013, 02:06 PM
I have thought about it but was never able to get the nerve to do it

vallerie lacy
09-23-2013, 02:23 PM
The secret is to compliment a woman on the particular item or on everything she is wearing. She will be so astounded that you have picked her to compliment, that she will answer any question about what she is wearing. WE all love compliments. I have done it. Unfortunately I was asking so I could buy the dress for my wife.

Barbara Joanne74
09-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I have many a time. It always starts with a complement about the clothing item, after that I may ask where she got it so I can "tell my wife"......I have never had a bad reaction, but I am careful the ones that I complement.

Rachelakld
09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Many times, always starting with a compliment, last weekend shopping with miss 14, woman behind counter had a lovely top (woven wool/polyester with a shiny rubber looking exterior weave), even got to touch it. She got it overseas so I couldn't buy one :(

AllieSF
09-23-2013, 11:52 PM
I have also complimented a woman or girl about what they were wearing, skirt, top, coat, boots, whatever. I do it with a smile and if curious enough, I will ask what brand and where they got it. Asked in the right way most women will respond happily.

Rogina B
09-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Complement all you want and ask away...Especially if you believe that item may be available in YOUR size range!! It really helps to think about that before moving from the compliment to the question of where they bought it..And I think it makes a big difference if it is a "girl to girl thing" rather than a "guy to girl thing"...My thoughts anyway..

happyallie
09-24-2013, 06:26 AM
A few months a go I saw a lady wearing a beautiful skirt. I wanted to ask her about it but was to nervous. Next time it will be different.
Thanks, good thread.

Chari
09-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Often I give compliments to women regarding their attire - and some are (somewhat) shocked as they state they "usually don't get any kind of reaction to their clothes, no matter what they are wearing". Being in the fashion side, some also ask about what goes with what (colors/textures/patterns/etc), and I'm glad to help.

daviolin
09-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I've had GG's come up to me and ask about a certain item of clothing I was wearing. I get giddy as a school girl when that happens. I have asked girls on occasions about clothing they are wearing, usually just to complement. Daviolin

heathr1
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Also, when asking the women at work about their clothes or make-up I have always had positive and helpful responses.

Sometimes Steffi
09-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes, of course I've done it.

Just recently, I saw a woman in the suoermarket wearing, like multi-colored gladiator-type sandels.

I said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but those shoes are really cute."

She almost blushed and said, "Thank you."

Then I asked where she got them.

Another time, I walked into the elevator, and told the woman that I liked her perfume.

Then, unbidden, she told me the name of the perfume (Hanae Mori Butterfly) and even spelled it out for me.

Of course, I didn't tell her why I liked it.

Tracii G
09-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Sure I do that a lot and 99% of the time the woman will tell you.
They like that you notice them in a cute outfit so much you are moved to ask where they bought it.
Its like saying gosh you look nice without being a jackass.

Lynn Marie
09-25-2013, 02:49 AM
My very first time out, a gorgeous gal crossed the length of the bar to congratulate me on my heels! They were the only ones I owned at the time. I took that lesson to heart and have been complimenting women, and the occasional man too, ever since. Trust me, a genuine compliment is a wonder to behold and the ticket to a girl's heart.

Mink
10-01-2013, 05:19 PM
heh... have only done this a few times... (usually when drinking) ... saying i LOVE their dress and asking where they got it... sometimes just saying i love their dress (because the where they got it might weird them out a bit! but sometimes i don't care)

i love it!

would love to experience the reverse one day...

cute girl asking ME where i got MY dress!

hehe!

cdmorganashley
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
i've definitely complimented many times, but asking where they got it feels too risky that i will be exposed as a CD, unfortunately i think it is only my own embarassment and shame about being a CD that even makes me care because i don't think any of the women i have complemented were in a position to cause me any actual consequences had they found out--of course this is something i am trying to work on and i hope to someday shed these feelings and find out "where she got those shoes!!"

Aria C.
10-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Me, personally, as a GG I would not find it odd to be asked/complimented about something on my person. I have had numerous complements on my Nine West Handbag by random people (albeit some were creepy and I would just respond nervously with "Kay...! Thanks!" and shut them off), I suppose if you give off the right vibe (not like creepy vibe) that it would be perfectly okay to ask a GG almost anything :) *personal opinion*

Nikki A.
10-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I've been complemented on what I was wearing and even asked where it was from. I will complement someone on their clothing, but I haven't asked where they got it.

Sabrina133
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes, One day i was filing my my car with gas. A woman stopped at the pump next to me. When she got out, i saw she was wearing a pair of beautiful thigh high boots. I asked her where she got them. She told me. I thanked her.

Mink
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
one thing i wonder is what i or any of you would say if afterwards she said "uh... why'd you wanna know?"

i guess depends on the context!

i don't think i'd be ready with a good response!

Leona
10-01-2013, 08:48 PM
You will not make the world a worse place by telling people you appreciate their appearances. :)

I ask, I don't care if I know the girl or not. I avoid asking teenagers or early-20s because I don't want to weird them out too much. Unless I know them, in which case I'll just ask.

My experience is that every person, male or female, will be happy to take the compliment and to offer help for finding a particular garment, even if they don't remember or know where something was purchased (I've often asked and gotten "It was a gift, I have no idea, but I wish I knew because I'd shop there").

What I never find is when I like something a GG is wearing, she never tells me it was a gift from her husband. The person gifting is usually another GG. Interesting, that.

NicoleScott
10-02-2013, 07:32 AM
To me it would be like saying "Hi, I'm a crossdresser and I would love to wear that dress [shoes, etc.]. Where'd you buy it?"

TokyoLily
10-02-2013, 07:52 AM
It's a bit difficult in Japan walking up to a woman and even asking for directions (the typical response, since I'm a foreigner, is: "I'm not from around here" even though that is likely not the case). That's in drab, though. I have sort of steered clear of just starting random conversations, especially about clothes, since it is tough finding my size here. Anyway, it's a good thought (about complimenting and asking). I will have to try it out next time!

joanna4
10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I've told a classmate that I liked her blush. I haven't gave a compliment or asked where a GG got her particular item.

That was bold, I don't think I could have done it. I'm glad I already have my leather mini;)

Rachel Morley
10-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Asking a GG you don't know, where she bought an item of clothing, have you done this also?
Not a GG I didn't know and the ones I spoke to I didn't know it was just to give them a compliment not to ask then where they got said item. Many times I have said in a very enthusiastic way to a GG "Wow, I love your shoes!" .. but I never asked them where they bought them. Same goes with dresses. I once told a co-worker that I loved her dress and that I would love to get one for my wife (lie!) where did she buy it? .. but she wasn't someone I didn't know.

Cami.Aeris
10-11-2013, 06:23 AM
I have not. However, I do love complimenting women on their clothes and accessories. I think it makes them more relaxed around me, and stops them jumping to macho assumptions about my male form.

Trish
10-11-2013, 06:56 AM
As Many times as I would have liked to as a GG where she got a particular piece, I haven't the nerve to do so.