PDA

View Full Version : Annoying things girls do

Tawne
09-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I would like to hear from everyone M or F about your experiences in life where you have witnessed a girl doing something you found annoying, irritating or just wrong. GGs you are welcome to post annoying things for women and men.

Also I'd like to know from your response or from other answers given in this thread, if you have adopted any of these traits when you are "en femme".

Did it grow on you by accident or on purpose?
Has your perspective changed since you adopted it when experience others doing it since?

Hope it's not confusing!

Kate Simmons
09-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Well, there's the old "I told you so" but what annoys us so much about that is they are usually right.Then there is "By the way..." Hoo boy, we know we are in deep poop with that one. Funny thing is en femme, I figure I have the "editorial license" to use them myself. Go figure! :heehee::)

stephNE
09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
My wife seems to like moving my stuff around. This is really annoying! I have not (and will not) adopt this behavior.

Briana90802
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I think the most annoying thing girls do is complain about being a girl. Especially about their breasts. Ahhhh, they're so lucky.

NicoleScott
09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Championship game, third and goal, 24 seconds and no time-outs left.

"We need to talk. Now."

Angie G
09-26-2013, 09:49 AM
My wife lets things go forever but expects me to do things now. One thing I come to do is always sit when using the powder room.:hugs:
Angie

Candice Mae
09-26-2013, 10:20 AM
I think the most annoying thing girls do is complain about being a girl. Especially about their breasts. Ahhhh, they're so lucky.

If you've ever had sore breasts you would complain too, the smallest bump can hurt like hell. Oddly a cabbage leaf in your bra does wonders.

Frédérique
09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
I would like to hear from everyone M or F about your experiences in life where you have witnessed a girl doing something you found annoying, irritating or just wrong.

I don’t know whether I DARE enough to reply…:worried:

I was watching a TV show about sushi the other day. Male sushi chefs were diligently learning their art, serious as all get-out, at a special culinary school. Skip over to someone’s house in Southern California, where a woman was teaching a gaggle of women how to make sushi. At the former it was near-reverent silence, while the latter was a giggle-fest, akin to a Tupperware Party. It was a bit annoying and irritating, but not really wrong. I came to the conclusion that M and F are in different “spaces” altogether – I was thinking that as I stood up and shut the TV OFF…

Based on this glimpse of female behavior, I won’t be learning to laugh inappropriately any time soon, even though I may stick out for NOT doing so…:idontknow:

ReineD
09-26-2013, 10:36 AM
My very typical answer is that annoying things are not gendered and we put up with annoying things based on two factors: the degree of annoyance and our capacity for patience.

Both men and women can be self-centered and place themselves first with little consideration to their partner, and both can be pessimistic about certain things, and both can be immature.

Also, when groups of people are together, if their collective behaviors are not bothersome to themselves but bothersome to an onlooker such as a member of the opposite sex, than he or she need not participate.

Leslie Langford
09-26-2013, 10:47 AM
When your wife or SO says "We need to talk", the outcome for the man is rarely positive... ;)

Beverley Sims
09-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Girls do so many annoying things I really wonder why I have this desire to emulate one. :)

NV Susan
09-26-2013, 12:26 PM
I think the most annoying thing girls do is use foul language.....I hate four letter words coming out of the mouth of a girl, {I know we can all slip sometimes}. I try never to use this language even in guy mode.

Kate Simmons
09-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Girls do so many annoying things I really wonder why I have this desire to emulate one. :):heehee:You are braver than I am with that comment Bev. :battingeyelashes::)

Veronica27
09-26-2013, 01:28 PM
My very typical answer is that annoying things are not gendered and we put up with annoying things based on two factors: the degree of annoyance and our capacity for patience.

Both men and women can be self-centered and place themselves first with little consideration to their partner, and both can be pessimistic about certain things, and both can be immature.

Also, when groups of people are together, if their collective behaviors are not bothersome to themselves but bothersome to an onlooker such as a member of the opposite sex, than he or she need not participate.

Sorry Reine, but I couldn't resist.:o Answers like this are what annoys me.:Angry3:

Sure, there are things that both sexes do that are annoying, but generations of stand up comedians will tell you that there are unique things that women do and unique things that men do, that annoy their partners. Let's have some fun and point our our pet peeves both ways.

What's mine, you ask? 1. Why do women always assume you know what they are mad about? I'm a guy and not a psychic.
2. Why do they make disparaging remarks about my juvenile sense of humour when I giggle at something on the Three Stooges?

And to show I am not a misogynist, 3. why do guys always make jokes about women's boobs, er I mean breasts.
4. Why do guys always make jokes about how much they hate their Mother-in Law?
I have personally had two very nice ones. Mother-in Laws that is.

Veronica

stephNE
09-26-2013, 03:37 PM
"We need to talk" is one thing,
but when the next line is "lets not do it here, lets go on the Maury show", then you are really in trouble.

Tracii G
09-26-2013, 03:52 PM
The ONE thing that always ticked me off is when my first ex would say "if you don't know then I'm not telling you".
It would always come up when she would be pissed at me for God knows what and I asked what was the matter and why was she upset.
Later I figured out it was a ploy to start an argument.
My second ex tried it I said hold on I don't play that game if you are mad just tell me why.
I knew my chances of winning the argument were slim to none.
Sooo glad I'm not with either of them now.

robindee36
09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Sorry Tawne, I don't get annoyed, irritated or angry. Just motoring through live being Happy, Happy, Happy.

It is a real bummer to have to endure these negatives. I just refuse to participate any longer.

Hugs, Robin

NicoleScott
09-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Both Leslie and Stephanie are right. It was my ex-wife that said "We need to talk".
What happened with Maury? He used to have a fairly respectable show. Money, probably.

kimdl93
09-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Nah, not gonna take the bait. Sorry.

~Joanne~
09-26-2013, 05:15 PM
I hate when GG's bitch about wearing pantyhose and No, I haven't adopted that annoyance lol My favorite is "you should wear some and see what I mean" which I have and still don't.

The thing that my SO says they annoys me the most is when she starts a conversation with "I have some bad news......" because she never starts one with any good news lol

Deedee Skyblue
09-26-2013, 05:43 PM
I hate it when I'm right about something, and a woman gets mad at me because I am right. And, when we agree on something and she gets mad at me because I agree with her.

Deedee

TheMissus
09-26-2013, 06:04 PM
I never do anything annoying :)

Kathryn Martin
09-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Male sushi chefs were diligently learning their art, serious as all get-out, at a special culinary school. Skip over to someone’s house in Southern California, where a woman was teaching a gaggle of women how to make sushi. At the former it was near-reverent silence, while the latter was a giggle-fest, akin to a Tupperware Party. It was a bit annoying and irritating, but not really wrong. I came to the conclusion that M and F are in different “spaces” altogether – I was thinking that as I stood up and shut the TV OFF

One was an educational event the other one was a social event with an educational component. It's the difference between focusing and relating.

Babette
09-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I find it hard to generalize annoying things that GGs do. There are individuals, both male and female, that have done things which annoyed me. That is saying a lot when considering I'm fairly tolerant and slow to be irritated.

Babette

Debra Russell
09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
:thinking: Irritating habits -- talking too much / not talking at all...................Debra

Genny B
09-26-2013, 07:28 PM
When you know something is wrong and you ask what, and the answer is 'nothing!' And then just silence! Incoming!

donnalee
09-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Apparently no one here has learned the Husband's Mantra, which is "Yes, dear." Learn it and you will solve nearly all of your domestic problems. Ignore this advice at your peril!

BLUE ORCHID
09-26-2013, 08:36 PM
When they say , " I can't wait to get home and take this damn bra off".

ReineD
09-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Let's have some fun and point our our pet peeves both ways.

Some people can post cute, harmless pet peeves, but others can get annoyingly close to being insulting. And that's when it gets messy especially in a forum with such a diverse population. And it's bound to happen in any thread that focuses on the negative, even if it's "just a harmless joke".

I have my own pet peeves with people in general, both men and women. But I just don't feel comfortable typing them out here ... hence my answer, which was my truth. :)

LoveMelanie
09-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Where do I start?

Dalva
09-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Well, it's been awhile since being involved with a woman, but here's a few that come to mind:

Taking waaaay too long to get ready to go out;
Then when she's finally ready she asks you: "you're not wearing that are you?";
When out for dinner, she says she isn't hungry and orders a salad, but wants to share your food;
Can't take a joke;
~ahem`...driving...;
Expecting you to know why they're angry;
Asking if her bum looks fat in these jeans;
The rolodex of all your previous transgressions that they keep in some corner of their minds;

I guess that's enough.

That said, perhaps this thread should be in The Lounge Section?

paulaprimo
09-27-2013, 01:33 AM
what sent me packing was when my ex would put some article of clothing on and look totally hot in it, then ask me what i thought,
and when i would tell her she looks awesome in it, her reply would be "no i don't, why are you lying to me" :eek:

audreyinalbany
09-27-2013, 07:29 AM
why is it the man's responsibility to put the toilet seat down and not the woman's to put it up?

daviolin
09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
I call my wife an Archeologist. She can dig up situations that happened many moons ago. Always the bad things. Then throws them in my face. Daviolin

linda allen
09-27-2013, 07:39 AM
Going through a checkout line at a store and waiting until the purchases have been rung up and totaled before even opening her purse, then fumbling through the purse for the exact change while everyone is waiting in the line behind her.

Going with a group to a restaurant and talking while everyone else is looking at the menu and not being ready to order when the server comes around.

NicoleScott
09-27-2013, 07:55 AM
I can't tell if the OP intended for this to a fun thread or serious. Some comments would be permissible if made in fun, but may be offensive to some if meant to be serious. Veronica, in the same post you said "this annoys me" and "let's have some fun".
For the record, what I said in my post really happened but not meant to offend. When I intend to offend, I try not to be ambiguous.....(that was meant to be funny...)

Darla
09-27-2013, 08:20 AM
This is kind of a weird thread - almost misogynist actually. I greatly think women in general are pretty wonderful creatures with habits and mannerisms that are beautiful and gentle, but sometimes fallible and human. Just like guys. On the whole? I like women much more than men. Small things my wife does? Just trade for the small things I'm sure I do.

Reason I think this is a weird thread is that it's on a crossdressing board! Are we too busy emulating women, but secretly harboring resentment of them? Think they need that sort of attitude? Even in jest?

I'd be lucky if I could even begin to emulate some of those "annoying" behaviors.

Darla

Veronica27
09-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I can't tell if the OP intended for this to a fun thread or serious. Some comments would be permissible if made in fun, but may be offensive to some if meant to be serious. Veronica, in the same post you said "this annoys me" and "let's have some fun".
For the record, what I said in my post really happened but not meant to offend. When I intend to offend, I try not to be ambiguous.....(that was meant to be funny...)

I had no idea weather the thread was meant to be fun or serious, but I was detecting a rather mean tone developing. Reine's first post seemed to express a similar thought and was quite serious, so she refused to participate in naming any peeves either way. But, in a rather funny round about sort of way, she actually was expressing a pet peeve of hers. My "this annoys me" comment was meant in jest because of that and was a lead in to my attempt to keep things light-hearted and not develop into a verbal slugfest, by saying let's have some fun. I pointed out some standard peeves both ways, with an emphasis on the annoyance of the male habits in order to be somewhat self-deprecating.

The so-called battle between the sexes, has been the fodder for a great deal of humour down through the years, and when taken as intended, need not offend anyone. One of the secrets to happiness is to have a sense of humour, which involves the ability to laugh at ourselves and our foibles and weaknesses and not take ourself too seriously.

Veronica

suchacutie
09-27-2013, 04:42 PM
I heard my wife on the phone with a girlfriend, and I heard her giggle. She never giggles with my male side, and to that point she had never giggled with Tina.

We talked. Tina still can't quite giggle well, but at least Tina has progressed to the point that my wife started to giggle with Tina. Felt really good!

NicoleScott
09-27-2013, 05:53 PM
I agree with you, Veronica. I like to have some fun occasionally on the forum, but that's no assurrance others see my comments that way. That's why I sometimes think it necesary to add "haha" to my post, just to improve the odds.
I like it when people poke fun at themselves. It seems to add legitimacy to poking fun at others.

linda allen
09-28-2013, 08:10 AM
When you post on the Internet, you have no idea what people are thinking or where they are coming from. You can't see the expressions on their faces or their body language. All too often, what you post as a joke is taken seriously by someone and is offensive to them. Even when it's not a joke, certain words have different meanings for different people, especially prople from different generations or parts of the world. A good example is the word "bum", which in my country means a man who has no money and lives on the street or in homeless shelters. In the UK, it apparently means the north end of a person heading south.

You have to choose your words wisely or suffer the consequences.

Tamara Croft
09-28-2013, 08:20 AM
One thing that get's on my nerves is women who stand in the middle of the isle at Tesco chatting and not shopping, or women with pushchairs who think they have right of way and don't seem to know how to move, so you end up walking on the road...