PDA

View Full Version : Next hols

joanne york
09-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi everybody, we are looking forward to our next holiday in 2014, we have never been to the states and fancy California , I'd like to take Jo with me, I need some advice please.

Jo xx

Bianca Star
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM
What kind of advice are you looking for? I live in California about an hour and a half form the state capital of Sacramento.

Lynn Marie
09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Where do they call them "hols"? California is hugh. It takes two days to drive from end to end. Pick somewhere, there's bound to be somebody there to dress up with!

Suzanne F
09-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Come to the San Francisco Bay Area. There are many of us who go out in the city and have a great time. San Francisco is a beautiful city and has everything you could desire in a big city. The people are very accepting!
Hugs
Suzanne

Laura28
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Like everyone said CA is huge what part of the state are you looking at. I am in the San Diego area (Southern)

Beverley Sims
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM
I was wondering where you hail from?
California is a large state and there are at least three prominent coastal cities there.
See the film star houses tour the movie industry, and Dizzy land in Los Angeles.
Ride the cable cars and see the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.
Go to the Zoo in San Diego.
Catch a bus and visit Tijuana just across the border in Mexico.
The last one does need some caution, hold on to your purse when down there.
That is a serious warning unfortunately.

Persephone
09-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Hi Joanne!

As everyone has already said, California is really big. At 423,970 km (163,696 sq. mi.) it is the third largest of the states in the United States, larger than Norway, Germany, or Finland. It is just a little less populated than Poland and has over double the population of the Netherlands. It falls between Italy and Brazil in gross domestic product.

And in addition to cities and other places to visit that have already been mentioned, we also have a lot of natiional parks and monuments including Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, and Death Valley.

So pick carefully, you can't see it all!

But if you come to Los Angeles we'll try to make you feel welcome!

Hugs,
Persephone.

joanne york
09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner but we've been away this weekend, thank you all for your posts,firstly I'm from the uk and hols is short for holidays ;). I do know quite a bit about your lovely country and have friends who have been to California quite a lot but they don't know about Jo. I'd like to go out as Jo but don't want to get into trouble so far away from home, are there places we shoul steer clear of.

Jo xx

reb.femme
09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Where do they call them "hols"?

In the good old UK! Well, maybe drop the good bit.

Rebecca