PDA

View Full Version : What do you do? What do you do?

Jaymees22
09-27-2013, 01:27 PM
What do you do now that you're retired? How do you fill your days? I would be so bored! What do you do all day?

I get this a lot. Do you?

I really feel like telling them, "I dress up like a hooker, take pictures of myself and post them on the internet, it's fun!" Of course I don't but it's tempting.

How do you respond to nosy questions or what would you really like to say??

Beverley Sims
09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Life is too full for me to retire, I need to go skiing in the Cascades, Canada and Switzerland next year.
Hope it's a good season.

MysticLady
09-27-2013, 03:05 PM
How do you respond to nosy questions or what would you really like to say??

Just tell them, you're Happy.

Jodi
09-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I do volunteer work for a couple of agencies.

Jodi

robindee36
09-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I try to wake up every morning and enjoy the day. What I do to fill the day are things I must and things I enjoy. They both offer a sense of accomplishment which makes me happy.

The day I no longer wake, will make the rest of the day pretty pointless. How's that for a negative wave?

Hugs, Robin

carhill2mn
09-27-2013, 03:43 PM
LOL! I have frequently had the same question asked of me! Like you, I have to be vague with my answers. Even though I do not "dress up like a hooker" I am en femme nearly all of the time. Interestingly, while en femme I can just sit and enjoy who I am and how I look!

nvlady
09-27-2013, 04:16 PM
"I would answer that question, but I'm so busy I don't have time to respond."

Persephone
09-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Yes, get that question from time to time.

Truth be told, my spouse and I are so busy that we can't figure out how we ever had time to work! Not a joke, it's really true!

I post a few of my adventures here from time to time and I often think "That would make a great forum post," but the truth is that I never have enough time to post!

Hugs,
Persephone.

RADER
09-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I am a retired Carpenter; High end Cabinets, trim and Radius Stairs.
Now retired for 6+ years, I am very busy with my VFW and American Legion.
Now the Post building is about 50 years old. I have left my mark there in
many ways.... Walk-in Cooler, New Bar, out of Oak of course, and way to many
things to mention here. I do more work now than when I was working full time.
It seams that I am Mr. Fix-it Man.... Wishing I could do it in a skirt. LOL
Rader

docrobbysherry
09-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Tell the truth, Jaymee! That u spend a lot of time on the internet. With friends and postings!

Leann68
09-27-2013, 07:53 PM
I too think I need to go back to work to rest up, this retired thing is a lot of work that I never dreamed I would have to do when I retired.

KateSpade83
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I feel like I'm retired being 5+ years unemployed, but I have to spend my time looking for a job and improving my job skills. If I actually retired I'd play video games all day, mess around with programming, eat out a lot, and workout to control weight gain. Plus I'd go to church everyday.

BLUE ORCHID
09-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi Jaymee, I almost P!$$#d myself laughing that was a good one.
Been almost five years now it seems like I have so many things going on now.

donnalee
09-28-2013, 01:28 AM
I've been retired for 4 years now; when home I dress 24/7, but put on a pair of size 20 jeans when I have to go out and take care of business. It's got to where I can stay home a week at a time. Spend a lot of time online, get on this site once every day or two. Grew my hair down to the bottom of my shoulder blades; no balding, just a little grey at the temples, easy enough to comb back under the rest. No makeup; my eyes have gone bad enough that I can't see much difference. I'm the only one here aside from the dogs (who don't care how I dress), so I do what's practical.

sometimes_miss
09-28-2013, 12:24 PM
I tell them that people who are bored, are just boring people. I can think of hundreds of things to do. I've never been bored in my life. It's hard for me to honestly tell them that they're boring people, I don't like to hurt their feelings, but frankly, if you don't have a thought in your head, and expect the world to entertain you, you're pretty much a waste of a human being. Instead, I just tell people to get involved with others; visit their friends, join a lodge; go to book readings at book stores; take a class (night schools are often on different evenings in different towns, so you can fill up your evenings, and then use those social contacts to fill up the rest of your time!). And, be interested in other people's lives! Be aware that no matter who you are, you can always learn something from pretty much anyone; talk to them, and figure out what it is that they know, that you don't. Let them tell you about their lives, and learn what the rest of the world goes through.

LilSissyStevie
09-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Buy a farm! I actually did more crossdressing when I was "working." LOL!

Requal Jo
09-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Oh to be able to retire. And from what I hear (now that I am approaching the time to retire) is that you don't have time to retire anyway. I would love to be able to dress more often, but unfortunately that may not be possible in my planned retirement. SO already has "the list" ready.

Sherrii
09-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I retered in the spring, have been busy all summer, I don't know how I ever worked and did anything. I mountain bike so every other dayI try for a ride even it it is only a half hour but mostly I go for two hours and if I drive somewhere to ride that usually adds an hour total then there is eating after and a little rest on the lawn chair. I have antique farm tractors that I take to shows and sometimes tractor pulls. They I help a friend with his antique shingle mill when he shows it at a few fairs or simelar events. I built a shed this summer to for some of the smaller equipnent ( a couple of Cub Cadets and an Economy tractor). Now it is time for wood. When they trim for the wires I can sometimes pick up wood free, done that a couple of times. Have been to some swap meets and equipment showes. I have a few machine tools so when the weather gets cold I may be in the basement (shop) a bit. And there is a tractor there that has been sort of half done for years, and one of the Cub Cadets needs going over, wasn't running when I bought it a few years ago. Have been helping a friend rebuild a shed thatshe keep a few goats in, ( was so bad it would have been easier to just start over but she wanted to save it). This is what I have been up to the last few months. I suspect it will slow down a bit as the weather cools down but I am not worried. I like to read, and I have some inside projects I want to do. Oh, I have enjoyed sitting on my front yard and just enjoying too, often dressed, some times naked too. I have enough vegitation between my house and the road that you can't see the house and yard, especially in the summer when the leaves are out.

Where do you live Jaymees? Probably not around R.I. but who knows.

Persephone
09-28-2013, 03:45 PM
take a class (night schools are often on different evenings in different towns, so you can fill up your evenings, and then use those social contacts to fill up the rest of your time!).

A great idea! Lots of colleges now have senior programs that are tuition free (or minimal), no grades, and no attendance requirements (so you can skip if you need to), others allow senior to audit (no grades) regular classes for free or low cost if there is room. Lots of college departments also have event programs, a presentation or lecture, that is open to the public.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/seniordiscount_zpse8ee28fa.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Veronica27
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
As I was self-employed, I was able to gradually retire over several years, more than a decade ago. Thus retirement was not a sudden change in my lifestyle, and I was able to gradually adjust my approach to life. I manage to keep very busy, and wonder how I used to find the time to get everything done when I was still working. Of course, medical appointments for everything from my eyes to my feet keep my schedule pretty booked, along with the requirements of out of town trips to visit the kids and other family members. In between, my wife and I enjoy attending theatres around the province, and try to eat out as much as our budget allows. During the winter months I'm kept very busy working on my model railroad, which it seems will never be completed. Oh, and I usually spend some time crossdressing depending on how my moods ebb and flow. I am frequently asked how I manage to keep busy and fill my time, and my response is usually that medical appointments are my social life and keep me quite occupied, thank you.

Veronica

Angie G
09-28-2013, 08:02 PM
I have 6 months till that happens ask after that hun.I know I will get a part time job And dress more.:hugs:
Angie

NathalieX66
09-28-2013, 09:41 PM
When I retire, my absolute dream is to be an artist on an Atlantic coastal town, have a gallery full of artwork of my paintings and sculptures, and be known as Nathalie.

Marcelle
09-28-2013, 10:45 PM
When I retire, my goal is to just wake up naturally each day and not get forced out of bed by an alarm.

Hugs

Isha

Barbara Maria
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Maybe a hobby that you can sink your teeth into,something you can do en femme.I'm not quite retired yet but my job leaves me alot of time off,so I got back into model cars.When I get on a roll there aren't enough hours in the day,and because I live alone I can do everything en femme.If anyone asks I just tell them I hibernate.That's my polite way of saying"never mind".