PDA

View Full Version : Hip and waist measurements

Midnight_Minx
12-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I have a 30 inch waist, and a good number of the EGL (Elegant Gothic Lolita) dresses that I have been seeing have a waist measure of 26 to 28, and a hip measure of 34 or 36.

How would I calculate my hip/waist measurements to see if a dress would fit?

Luv
~Minx~

Julie York
12-27-2005, 05:33 PM
The ones you have been seeing with a waist measurement...where did you get the measurement from? Surely if you know what YOURS is then it should be easy.

There are various websites with measurement charts. Trouble is the manufacturers vary in what they think is a 14 etc. So it is all a bit hit and miss anyway. Sorry don't know a link to a measurement chart.

Wenda
12-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Check the online catalogues for sizes and measurements.

Wendy me
12-27-2005, 06:14 PM
you could try this...http://www.fredericks.com/services/help.asp?88

Midnight_Minx
12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
:) Was able to find a size chart for dress sizes. :) Size 14.

Shocked now though, at these GG's that strive to be a size 8 or 10.... are they mad?? lol

Luv
~minx~

KathrynW
12-27-2005, 06:39 PM
I have a 30 inch waist, and a good number of the EGL (Elegant Gothic Lolita) dresses that I have been seeing have a waist measure of 26 to 28
You currently have a 30 inch waist and are worrying about not having a 26 inch waist?
GEEEESSSSSHHHHHH....

:OMG: :gn:

Midnight_Minx
12-27-2005, 06:49 PM
no no no no no no no - I'm quite happy with my size as is. ^_^ Just trying to figure it all out, and see where I would land, before I jump off and purchase some ouftis from Japan. ^_^

:hiding:

sterling12
12-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Try this: Go on Ebay and do a search for "Crossdresser". This will get you to all the clothing sites which serve the CD Community. You may not want anything on there, but they also give you the more exact measurements for the things they sell. measurements like shoulder width, hips and waist, armpit to waistline, stuff like that. Most of the sites also tell you how to measure yourself to get your "true" measurements.

In clothing, There is no standard, or it appears that way. Size 10 is one set of measurements one time and something else again another time. This is why women use fitting rooms a lot! Some garments have a lot of "give" and stretch to them, just another consideration. I think a lot of these places on Ebay can give you a good idea on what questions you might want to ask your seller in Japan. If you can't get the answers you want from that seller....."forget aboud' it!" Go somewhere else where they want to work with you on fit.

Love, Joanie