PDA

View Full Version : fall outfit

jillnjcd
09-28-2013, 08:10 AM
had a great experience at Avenue - sales person was fantastic, measured me, let me try stuff on - walked away with skirt, cami, shall, bra, pantyhose and accessories -

made the 45 minutes special -

highly suggest dropping in -

if she was a sale quota or commission she worked it well

Barbra P
09-28-2013, 08:49 AM
I used to love shopping at Avenue. I could go a couple of months without going into the store and when I did the store manager always remembered me, “Hi Babs, what can I help you find today?” She encouraged me to shop en femme, and I did, it was my first time, and I had a great time. Unfortunately that store has closed and I feel like I lost a good friend, and in many ways I have.

The first time I went in, in drab, I found a dress I thought I might like; I screwed up my courage and asked the SA if I could try on the dress. She smiled and sure, let me unlock one of the dressing rooms – this store only had two. Well in male mode (no boobs) I couldn’t tell if the dress fit or not. When I came out of the dressing room the store manager asked how it fit and I told her that I couldn’t tell and why I couldn’t tell. She suggested I go over to the bra section and find a bra in my size, one with molded cups, she thought the cups would be rigid enough for me to tell if the dress was going to fit when I got it home. The dress didn’t fit but I did buy some T-shirts and some jewelry.

Sara Jessica
09-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you had a really nice experience and I love it that you rewarded the enthusiastic SA with a purchase. I'd guess that the next time someone from our tribe comes into that shop, she'll be that much more attentive based on her experience with you.

I used to love shopping at Avenue...Unfortunately that store has closed and I feel like I lost a good friend, and in many ways I have.

My trails are littered with lost "friends" in the form of SA's, makeup artists, etc. Stores close, people move on, whatever it may be. Not every one of these "friends" can or should be a friend in the sense of getting their contact info should they leave, but it still stings when you think of the amazing people we encounter while out & about in this wonderful worlds of ours who we are unlikely to ever see again.

Beverley Sims
09-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Good that she made you feel at ease also.
Glad it was enjoyable.