PDA

View Full Version : Calamity Night

reb.femme
09-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Had a brilliant family night out last night (en drab :sad:) celebrating my granddaughters 13th birthday :). Meal at Frankie and Benny's then on to bowling. However, I have to report a major T-Girl injury, in that I broke my right thumb nail.

A lifetime biter of my nails, I appear to have stopped very recently (must be the girl within). I have been extremely happy sitting at work filing my nails (IT girl), so to have this happen is a disaster. All messages of sympathy greatly received. :heehee:

Rebecca

Paula DAngelo
09-29-2013, 03:54 PM
You have my sympathy on the loss of your nail :cry: I know how bad it feels, I have yet to be able to get all 10 looking good at the same time .... lol.

kimdl93
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Rebecca. But take heart in knowing that the nail will, in time, regrow.

Marcia Blue
09-29-2013, 05:04 PM
I truly feel your pain. I wish I could get all ten nails, looking good just for one weekend.

vallerie lacy
09-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I am truly devastated to hear of the calamity. I have engaged the worlds finest broken finger nail doctor. He will be arriving by helicopter within the hour. LOOK TO THE SKIES

Allesandra Rhodes
09-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Bad habit biting nails, good thing to stop. First time I ever had acrylics done, I was wondering "how the heck am I gonna bite those?" :) That's about when I gave it up.

Regarding you loss, I hear that cloning is now possible...

Leah Lynn
09-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Girl, I feel your pain! I can't go a day without one breaking, splitting or chipping.

Hugs,

Leah

AmyGaleRT
09-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh no, Rebecca! I curse whenever one of my nails breaks, too. I really ought to be using my nail hardener more often! And yes, I cured myself of the nail-biting, too. :)

- Amy

Maria in heels
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Rebecca...its the biting that weakens the nails..I go thru the same thing...get them to a certain length and then they split and tear <sigh>

Marcelle
09-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Rebecca, we all mourn the loss of your nail . . . I raise a glass of red wine to it's fine memory (the sweet sound of taps playing gently in the background).

Hugs

Isha

Angie G
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
I know the feeling Rebecca. I really hate when that happens.Sorry hun.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
09-29-2013, 09:06 PM
My trouble is I have strong nails and they don't break.
I am always trying to hide them in male mode.
We all have our own individual problems in that regard. :)

BLUE ORCHID
09-30-2013, 07:14 AM
H Rebecca, I broke a nail the other day changing sheets and I was p!$$ed off the rest of the day.

nhlighthouse
09-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Rebecca so sorry for your loss..........But tell us all......Is this the first or last nail in the coffin?
Nail ON!...Mychelle

linda allen
09-30-2013, 08:01 AM
I break nails all the time if they get past the tips of my fingers. They grow back, life goes on.

reb.femme
09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Thank you all for your messages of sympathy and empathy. I feel that my time of personal pain has now passed and shall now put only positive effort into regrowth of said nail.

Vallerie - Poor weather and lack of landing space must have put the doctor off as he/she never arrived.

Isha - Like the idea of the red wine, or white wine or.....ad infinitum!

nhlighthouse - The 'nail in coffin' line could have come from my own fair lips :heehee:

Rebecca

nhlighthouse
10-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the liking of my comment....I don't want to POINT THE FINGER at anyone...
ESPECIALLY WITH A BROKEN NAIL ON IT!