PDA

View Full Version : Those are not shopping shoes! / You B*****s need to get out!

Bree Wagner
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
... both were said to me with a smile last night. :D

Having tons of fun on my lengthy trip to DC and many more pics (and probably a lengthy recap) will come soon enough but there were a few great quips from last night I thought I'd share.

The first was when I went to check out at Kohl's with stuff for me and the two girls I was shopping with since I was the only one with a Kohl's card. As I walked up the SA said to me "Is it a special occasion? Because those are not shopping shoes!" I said that it was just dinner with some friends and we bantered some more. She went on to compliment my make-up and, since it appears to be Kohl's policy to thank you by name when you use your card, had to do some swift thinking when it came time to thank me. She said is it (male name) or (feminized version of that name) I told her it just depended on what hair I was wearing, thanked her and headed out.

The shoes are a bit higher than I would normally wear shopping, but the flats I brought on the trip rubbed my heel raw when I wore them a few nights earlier.

After a change of wardrobe to glam it up a bit and dinner that night, a few of us stopped at a hotel bar/lounge for a nightcap before dispersing. It turned out that there was a 20 year high school reunion happening there and right after we had sat down a few lovely ladies came over to chat with us. That's when I was told by the woman in green below that "You bitches need to get out! You're really upstaging us, how dare you come in here looking that hot after all we've done to look good tonight?" All said with a huge smile on her face. We chatted with a few of them for a while and then did lots of pictures. What an energizing encounter and it was so much fun. All of us had huge smiles on our faces. Too bad they closed down so soon after we showed up. :sad:

Just fun to get out, mingle, and enjoy some conversation with everyday people.

Leah Lynn
09-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Bree, it sounds like you're having the time of your life!

Hugs,

Leah

AmyGaleRT
09-29-2013, 08:05 PM
(Amy giggles uncontrollably)

I don't see what the problem is with your shoes, Bree! They're nice looking wedges, and they don't look any higher than my espadrille wedge sandals...and I'm beginning to like wedges a lot, they're more stable than full-on heels and can be comfortable. You're probably a bit above the mean for Kohl's, but I've seen GGs in Walmart dressed fancier than that (including one recently in a red dress that made me jealous!).

And as for the comment from the woman in green...I think that means "you win"! Or, at the very least, "you pass"! :)

I'll be waiting to hear more! :hugs:

- Amy

Maria in heels
09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Bree...I agree with Leah! BUT it doesn't sound like you are having the time of your life...you ARE having the time of your life!!

Marcelle
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Bree. Great story and great pictures. You look so happy.

Hugs

Isha

Angie G
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM
what ever works Bree. As long as it don't hurt you feet it's good hun.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
09-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Looking at that photo it looks like you b*****s were enjoying yourselves to the max. :)

DivaB
09-29-2013, 09:02 PM
I agree with Angie just have fun

Michelle789
09-29-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm really happy you had a good time. As for the comments, it just means you not only passed, but were smokin' hot!!!

stephNE
09-30-2013, 06:35 AM
I agree with Michelle, you girls were "smokin' hot!"

BLUE ORCHID
09-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi Bree, I don't see any problems with your shopping shoes.
It looks like a fun bunch of girls there, I think that's time for a trip to Kohl's.

cdmorganashley
09-30-2013, 07:06 AM
What a great couple of encounters Bree!! Sounds like you and your friends were projecting a friendly and confident image, which so many on here say goes so far in having successful trips out in the public... it also helps that you look adorable and your styling is obviously noticed and appreciated by lots of women, T* and otherwise, and I'm sure a fair deal of "regular" guys as well!! I also love your response to the cashier--I wish I could be more like that--but owning who you are is the best way to go I think, and I believe it gets the most respect from others too.

Julie Denier
09-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Awesome story! Love the pics, too ;)

Bree Wagner
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Thanks all, I'm sure I'll follow up with way more pics and story. More adventures to come to if the gov't doesn't send me home tomorrow!

And as for the comment from the woman in green...I think that means "you win"! Or, at the very least, "you pass"! :)

Yay! I'm a winner! :D That I agree with. Pass? I don't know about that. If I make someone 15 feet away think "Hmm..." that's good enough for me, anything more is gravy. Especially when the near equivalent of Barry White comes out of my mouth. :devil:

Bree...I agree with Leah! BUT it doesn't sound like you are having the time of your life...you ARE having the time of your life!!

I'm really happy you had a good time. As for the comments, it just means you not only passed, but were smokin' hot!!!

Dang right, you two, it's an amazing time. I definitely went as glamorous as I could that night even trying a bunch of new make-up. Tons O' fun!

What a great couple of encounters Bree!! Sounds like you and your friends were projecting a friendly and confident image, which so many on here say goes so far in having successful trips out in the public... it also helps that you look adorable and your styling is obviously noticed and appreciated by lots of women, T* and otherwise, and I'm sure a fair deal of "regular" guys as well!! I also love your response to the cashier--I wish I could be more like that--but owning who you are is the best way to go I think, and I believe it gets the most respect from others too.

Lots of good points here Morgan! I certainly try to project that image when I'm out and about. Keeping your head down is easy, but head up with a smile is often far more rewarding.

We did get a fair amount of notice from the peanut gallery at the reunion. We took two versions of the shot you saw here and in the one I didn't post there were at least two photobombers in between us.

I'm working real hard on owning it when I'm interacting with folks. It's still hard, but it is a lot easier than it was. I often used to think to myself afterwards about what I should have said instead of what I did say. Now I'm getting a bit better at getting those thoughts out in the conversation. Still a work in progress to be as witty as I think I am. :)

-Bree

4mymichelle
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Bree,
You look wonderful, as you always do! It is no wonder why you are getting those compliments. :) Don't know about the Kohls out there but they usually ask for an ID, unless it is less than $25. All depends on the SA though. Nice to hear your having a good time. Looking forward to hearing more.
Hugs,
Michelle

Eryn
09-30-2013, 07:31 PM
You girls look great! The tall girls club is definitely in session!

Never try to upstage a high school reunion. They're all trying to prove that they can still party as hard as they think they remember they did way back when and competing with that is dangerous to your health! :)

JamieG
09-30-2013, 10:10 PM
What a great story and pics! (and I'm not just saying that because you said the same thing on my thread! :heehee: )