PDA

View Full Version : This has been quite a week

Sage GG
12-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Tonight makes one week that I have found the answers to so many questions, I would like to ask you one, Should I feel guilty that when I found out there was another woman in the house one of my first reactions was that she needs to do some of the house cleaning? I explained that I didn't care if the person doing it was wearing jeans or heels but I really needed some help getting the house ready for Christmas. Rena cleaned the oven, vacuumed, started the spaghetti sauce and cleaned all of the counter tops while I was at work. So I bought her shoes, Thats OK? Right?

susandrea
12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-27-2005, 09:56 PM
The shoes were a "consolation gift". They were something to make you feel not quite as guilty. It is the little things that women really remember. It is doing something to help when not asked. It is being there when not needed.

On the other hand, were they red and expensive?

TGMarla
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Fair enough on all counts, if you ask me. More than fair if you throw in the shoes. Keeping up the crib is everyone's job, in my opinion.

susandrea
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
I meant shoes- yes, guilt- no.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif

Billijo49504
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
SageGG, if that's your only problem, you are in good shape. Helping around the house is part of being part of the house, as far as I'm concerned. It sounds like you have a very good arrangement. Good for you. I do most of the cooking around the house here. And I enjoy it and so does the better half. The biggest part of being a xdresser, is to be accepted by the person that loves you the most, and it's not themselves. Good luck with your situation. All the best BilliJo

Sage GG
12-27-2005, 10:16 PM
The shoes were a "consolation gift". They were something to make you feel not quite as guilty. It is the little things that women really remember. It is doing something to help when not asked. It is being there when not needed.

On the other hand, were they red and expensive?

Black velvet, strappy heels and very cute

Rikki Elisabeth
12-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Did they have diamonds? Were they stiletto? Were they cloth? Were they leather? Pleasssseeeee, don't keep me guessing.

Sage GG
12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
3 inchs high, Cloth and tonight I offered to do the pedicure to go with them

Rikki Elisabeth
12-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Are you in the Chicago area? Do you do toe nails for other girls? Ohhhhhhhh! I don't think I can handle this.

cindybarnes
12-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi Sage,
I would say its a fair trade :)
My wife doesnt mind me doing things around the house while dressed. Often small projects from a never ending re-modle job, and some cleaning.
It seems that as long as I dont spend all my time in front of a mirror I can wear what I want and not ruffle too many feathers :)
Now if she will bring me heels home !! *S*
Cindy

Christina Nicole
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I use to clean the house. Vacuum, dishes, bathrooms, dusting, etc. But all I'd get is "Wearing women's clothes is perverted."

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

jennifer marie
12-28-2005, 04:40 PM
We share all of the house work, always have. If I'm not dressed when doing the cleanig she will ask why. I think its the fair way of doing things.

Sage GG
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
We share all of the house work, always have. If I'm not dressed when doing the cleanig she will ask why. I think its the fair way of doing things.
I agree it is a fair way of doing things but it was not how things worked around here. I was doing all of the housework with a full time job. We complety did the this is a wife's job and this is a husband's job, I do have to admit I have only mowed the lawn once in my whole life and I don't clean the barn. I'll feed and water the critters but I leave the major heavy hauling to him. I'm hoping to change some of our who does what, to what needs doing and who has the time.

Sage GG

DragonLotus
12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Keeping up the crib is everyone's job, in my opinion.

Exactly.

Someone offering to "help" me, no matter how good the intention, sends a message that housework is somehow my exclusive duty just because I was born a woman. I don't want "help", I want someone to participate equally in cleaning up the messes of life they "helped" to create.

Don't do me any favors.

Ahhh....I'm ok now. Just needed to get that off my chest. :)

Lauren Richards
12-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Sage,
The shoes were a nice touch. We all like being rewarded for good behaviour, and what girl doesn't like shoes?? However, I think the biggest gift you have given is acceptance. That wears well with any outfit, and never goes out of style.

Bye the way, nice choice on the shoes. They sound great!

Lauren

JoAnnDallas
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
IMHO house chores are a two way street. We both live in it, both make messes, so both should help clean it up. Getting new "heel" is just a bounse.
Besides my wife has MS, so as time goes by, I am taking more and more of
the routine stuff onto myself and I don't get any bounses.

JoAnn