PDA

View Full Version : Is it the skirt or something else?

Jordan-NH
10-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Another post about skinny jeans got me thinking, for how many of us is a skirt necessary to feel feminine? I know when I first started out it was a skirt/dress or nothing. I just needed that to feel right. But as of late I find myself almost enjoying skinny jeans and flare pants more. It seems like in this modern world, at least in the north east, skirts and dresses just aren't as prevalent. I almost think that if I do get up the nerve to go out dressed, it might not be in a dress, just because I would look more natural in pants.

mariehart
10-01-2013, 05:57 AM
I was the same but when I started it was the seventies and skirts were routinely worn by most women to the point where many never actually wore trousers. This has changed to the point where many women don't wear skirts or dresses except on special occasions. There has been a comeback of sorts where women wear dresses over opaque tights or leggings. I happen to like that look.

I think it really depends on your motivation for dressing. Everyone has their own take on it. I think. I personally want to look and feel like a woman as much as possible. Trousers or skirt it doesn't matter to me. But there is something about a skirt or dress it has to be said and I'm sure GGs would agree.

Kate Simmons
10-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Jeans are okay for around the house I guess but when I go out a dress or skirt is necessary as I go dancing. Kind of hard to swish or swirl a pair of jeans or pants. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Crissy Kay
10-01-2013, 06:41 AM
I really do not see the reason to cd, if you are not going to wear a dress in the first place.

AveryS
10-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Fitted jeans, yoga pants, skirts and dresses. It's all good :)

Debi
10-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't feel the need to wear a skirt or dress in order to feel feminine. I have a couple of pairs of girls jeans which are quite 'blingy' and along with a nice girly top, feel and look great. Infact, if going out, I feel it's a bit easier to blend in ... the girl next door look - fine with me!

audreyinalbany
10-01-2013, 06:54 AM
if you absolutely want to blend in around here, its gotta be jeans. A woman wearing a skirt or dress n upstate New York always attracts attention simply because it has become an unusual sight

Julie1123
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM
I have a pair of flare bottom jeans that I love to wear around the house. They are 99% denim and 1% spandex and feel absolutely nothing like jeans made for men.

DanaGirl
10-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I love the feel of skirts and dresses, but actual women just don't wear them anymore unless they are going out to a club or something like that. How many times do you see a gg dressed like that at wall mart? I wish they did, but in you wanna blend then get some skinny jeans with some butt bling. And while we are on the subject, if you wear high heels at the grocery store your going to draw attention.

Chari
10-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Feminine fashions are always changing, but the individual must feel comfortable and confident in the items they choose to wear. If you enjoy some attire that is not in fashion (at the moment), try it - you may start a new trend!

BLUE ORCHID
10-01-2013, 07:48 AM
H Brittany, I think that variety is the spice of life I love being able to
change between skirts and pants, BUT SKIRTS RULE!

Sarah Beth
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I don't own any "girl jeans" I have never thought they would fit me right but lately I have been wondering about it. That was more because a couple of months ago I saw a really cute pair of shorts in a store and I my immediate thought was if I could pull off wearing them and what would I wear with them. That got me to thinking about jeans and I had an opportunity to try on a pair not long ago and they didn't fit all that badly althoug I would have to have a size smaller. It's the fact, at least my head, that these things were made for women that made them so appealing. That being said, I like my dresses, they make me feel so much like a woman.

Gerrijerry
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
It all depends on where you are going and if you want to blend in with woman. You can wear what ever makes you happy, however others do notice if you do not blend in.

Ineke Vashon
10-01-2013, 08:49 AM
The feel of a loose skirt over shaved legs is exquisite and cannot be matched by any pants. Just my feeling.

Ineke

Barbra P
10-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Now and again I like to go en femme to see my Therapist. This being Southern California the dress tends to be rather on the casual side, flip-flops, sandals, athletic shoes; jeans, athletic pants, Capris, shorts, maxi-dresses and skirts; T-shirts, cropped tops (bare midriffs are in with the younger crowd), and halter tops. In the business districts you see a lot of heels, black pencil skirts and white silk tops, or women’s business suits. Teachers still wear dresses, I see dresses at the local elementary school.

My Therapist, Kelly, is situated on the third floor of a fairly large medical center. The first time I went en femme I wore sandals, jeans, and a sleeveless pullover blouse. Kelly asked why I had chosen that outfit and I told her that I thought it would blend in, it closely matched what I saw other women patients wearing.

She asked if I would be up to wearing a dress or skirt the next time I chose to attend en femme. I did both, wore a flower patterned wrap dress on one occasion and a black skirt on another, but I haven’t worn either since, although I did wear a skort once which looks exactly like an above the knees skirt. I believe this month was the first time this year I chose to go en femme and I wore a pair of Lee white Capris with a sequin pattern on the back pockets.

I do like skirts and dresses but I don’t have but one or two of each. I also have a lot of trouble finding either that fit. But this is Southern California, the land of casual, and I feel perfectly feminine in my skort, jeans, or Capris, whatever it takes to blend in and become just one of the girls. I would like to find a maxi-dress or skirt, which was reasonably priced, and give it a try. But I must admit that I have never understood why a maxi in the heat of summer, especially the ones made out of heavy material.

Kelliramerez
10-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I still prefer a skirt but I do love my skinny jeans: ). It's more than just the clothes it's feeling comfortable n complete : )

robindee36
10-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Brittany, my feeling is any garb that helps you feel feminine is gratifying. Whilst a skirt or dress can be very flattering, the fabric and fit of womens' skinny jeans can also showcase your 'ass-etts' ;)

If we consider that underdressing makes many of us feel at least a bit more feminine, by extension, skinny jeans should hold the same properties. Its not always practical to wear a skirt or dress, but those jeans can be mixed into drab-wear pretty inconspicuously. A bit of a tuck and you're off and running. Pair them with heels for an even more accentuated derriere.

Hugs, Robin

deebra
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Brittany, all of the above threads are good, sounds like you have tried skirts, dresses and jeans at home but haven't gone out but want to. If it's your first time out wear bootcut jeans and you will blend and won't be noticed, after several times out and your confidence is there try a skirt walking thru the mall either when it's busy or early in the morning when no one is there, your choice or try both. I think you'll find tight jeans can be sexy and girly but a woman/cd definately looks more sexually desirable in a short straigh skirt, pencil or sweater dress, nylons and heels. One of the things thats so much fun and rewarding about being a cd is trying new things, the excitment of taking it a little further each time and the pleasure that comes after you do this. The NorthEast weather that is about to come will definately have you in jeans. So put on some pretty sexy panties, girl jeans and "go out" in public some where, the only bad thing that will happen is when you return home you just might be disappointed that you just blended and wasn't noticed. Then think about adding a bra the next time.

deebra
10-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Robin I just read your thread, sounds like you have all the right (girly) answers and really know how to get the most (girly) out of dressing. Not trying to take any credit from you but I am setting here at the computer dressed exactly as you described, bet my panties are prettier than yours. What can I say, great (girly) minds think alike.

RobynB
10-01-2013, 09:52 AM
No jeans for me. I wore jeans for 30 years at work. A skirt or a dress now.

melanie206
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Though I love skirts, skinny stretchy girl jeans are almost like tights and I love tights.

Ina Girdle
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
I am a lowly under-dresser, who does not pay allot of attention to women's fashion, but I have watched allot of "What Not To Wear", with my wife who loves the show. I know the show is just about done, but you get a pretty good feel for what is appropriate and stylish for women & CD's of all ages and shapes by watching Stacy & Clinton (Shut Up!!). Just my 2 cents.

Ina

Lynn Marie
10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
It's not the 50's anymore. Pantyhose have been invented and it's fine for women to wear pants. I grew up in the 50's, if you don't mind I'll stick with garters and skirts and dresses and heels too!

bridget thronton
10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I still prefer to wear a skirt or dress when I go out (I do wear shorts and pants when the activity calls for them, having trouble locating my jeans lol)

AveryS
10-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't own any "girl jeans" I have never thought they would fit me right but lately I have been wondering about it.

The material in women's jeans is not the same as men's. The feel, cut, stretch, etc is entirely different. I hate men's jeans, I feel like a slob if I have to wear them.. but a good fit pair of women's jeans, a little flair on the pocket.... it's worth trying! I find they fit a lot nicer than men's (though part of that has to do with the hormones and the ever shifting fat...) I find my men's jeans fall down without a belt, but all my girlie jeans stay where they belong on their own. Come to the dark side.. give it a try, and don't get discouraged if the first pair doesn't fit right. There are so many different styles and cuts to women's jeans, you'll find the perfect fit :)

Debra Russell
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I just love to appear in whatever is the norm for the occasion - skirt - dress - jeans - whatever is the preferred femm attire at the time --- but I do love skirts............................Debra

Lorileah
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Anyone can wear trousers. I want to be special. Jeans? They are for riding horses, tuning engines, plowing fields and (if they have bell bottoms) being a flower child. Slacks are for daily work. Yoga pants...well Yoga (and sweat pants are for sweating).

It also goes that Bermuda shorts that are knee length are for Bermuda. Capris are for small floods. Men's mid calf shorts are ...well just wrong. Women's shorts should be well above the knee and sometimes 3" inseam.

If I go out and don't wan to be noticed, I will wear what the bland uniform of the day is...but why would I do that? I did it for over 50 years...look what it got me. I am just a face in a crowd. When I go out and I spend time getting ready somebody better DAMN well look. Slacks ain't gonna get that unless they are painted on.

:)

Tina B.
10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Pants, capris, skirts, dresses, it's all good, as long as I got in the women's clothing section of the store, it's cool!

julia marie
10-01-2013, 11:52 AM
I love skirts but skinny jeans feel just fine too. I noticed a few posts here saying that women don't wear skirts. Yes, more wear pants than wear skirts, but women in skirts certainly aren't rare, particularly during the warmer months, and not just for office work. Watch women coming and going from a restaurant, even in a beach area. Some -- maybe 2 or 3 out of 10 -- are sure to be wearing casual skirts. Skirts, shorts, skinny jeans or whatever, women just have more options, and they go with what suits the mood and situation. Now, I'm glad that I have some of the same options, at least some of the time.

Frédérique
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Another post about skinny jeans got me thinking, for how many of us is a skirt necessary to feel feminine?

A skirt is necessary for me, but “feeling feminine,” an ephemeral notion at best, isn’t necessarily in the cards. Instead, I’m after a feeling of apart-ness, or feeling less male, or simply feeling different and turning my back on cursed conformity…
:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
If I look like a woman anything goes.
I do like to present neatly though

~Joanne~
10-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I like dresses and skirts so that is what I wear. If I want to look plain jane like everyone else then I would wear jeans and pants, have a straight wig instead of a curly one, and pantyhose would all be thrown out in the garbage. I'll pass.

Jaymees22
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I like it all, short skirts, dresses and skinny jeans. I like many different looks, I think that's what being a girl is all about, so many options so little time!!! Jaymee

rita63
10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I didn't really feel I had been out en femme before I was out in a skirt. Even now I don't go out locally in a skirt or dress, just jeans, when I go out to my trans cd support groups or social events. Somehow riding my local bus and leaving my condo in a skirt just hasn't happened. I do want to get out and get a long skirt or dress for a banquet I am going to at a conference.
I have yet to go out in femme shoe either, I need to find some really comfy ones.

hugs rita

wilt575
10-01-2013, 01:59 PM
The material in women's jeans is not the same as men's. The feel, cut, stretch, etc is entirely different. I hate men's jeans, I feel like a slob if I have to wear them.. but a good fit pair of women's jeans, a little flair on the pocket.... it's worth trying! I find they fit a lot nicer than men's (though part of that has to do with the hormones and the ever shifting fat...) I find my men's jeans fall down without a belt, but all my girlie jeans stay where they belong on their own. Come to the dark side.. give it a try, and don't get discouraged if the first pair doesn't fit right. There are so many different styles and cuts to women's jeans, you'll find the perfect fit :)

I know the feel is softer, the cut and stretch is perfect for me. I'm lucky enough to have natural fem curves in hips and fanny so no problem staying up with or without belt, worn them for years when dressing casual. Do enjoy skirt on occasions, love the feel of cool breezee in fall blowing up between my legs. Nice early moring walk is best and meet dog walkers also.

Veronica27
10-01-2013, 02:13 PM
:D
Anyone can wear trousers. I want to be special. Jeans? They are for riding horses, tuning engines, plowing fields and (if they have bell bottoms) being a flower child. Slacks are for daily work. Yoga pants...well Yoga (and sweat pants are for sweating).

It also goes that Bermuda shorts that are knee length are for Bermuda. Capris are for small floods. Men's mid calf shorts are ...well just wrong. Women's shorts should be well above the knee and sometimes 3" inseam.

If I go out and don't wan to be noticed, I will wear what the bland uniform of the day is...but why would I do that? I did it for over 50 years...look what it got me. I am just a face in a crowd. When I go out and I spend time getting ready somebody better DAMN well look. Slacks ain't gonna get that unless they are painted on.

:)

As I have been reading the replies to this thread, I have been wondering "how can I express my viewpoints in a way that will make my point". You have just done that much better than anything I was coming up with. Thank you for describing the reasons why I like to crossdress so succinctly. :D

Veronica

ReineD
10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Brittany, what a wonderful observation to make!

Over time I've read a lot of posts from CDers who believe that some women's clothes are masculine, which means to me that they think women's and men's shirts and pants are the same. The truth is there is a huge difference between the clothes purchased in women's and men's stores. The cut is way different and often there is a 1% or 2% spandex content in women's clothes that men don't have. You'd be able to tell the difference big time between men and women's polo shirts, dress shirts, and men's and women's blue jeans, especially the skinny type.

So yes, I can understand why you would feel more feminine wearing women's clothes even if they are not skirts, especially if you're out there wanting to blend in with the other GGs. :)

robindee36
10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Robin I just read your thread, sounds like you have all the right (girly) answers and really know how to get the most (girly) out of dressing. Not trying to take any credit from you but I am setting here at the computer dressed exactly as you described, bet my panties are prettier than yours. What can I say, great (girly) minds think alike.

Please, I am no authority on dressing. Just an older girl trying her best. I have my opinions and share them freely. Sometimes I get snarked for it, sometimes I get lovely feedback like yours.

Your panties are probably prettier, but I don't make fashion statements with mine, just looking for comfort. PM any time.

Hugs, Robin

Dani0948
10-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Being in the closet and having limited time to dress and a very small wardrobe. Skirts and dresses make me feel the best.

carhill2mn
10-01-2013, 04:09 PM
One of the things that I like about CDing is wearing skirts (or dresses). I do wear women's pants and capris at times but skirts are much more pleasurable.

susan54
10-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I am not trying to blend in. I dress to look good and feel good in a skirt or a dress. I own women's trousers but do not wear them. I would go out as a man in a skirt before I would dress as a woman in trousers. They do NOTHING for me. Same at home. I get home from work, shower, and put on a skirt or dress. Get up,take off my nightie and put on a skirt or dress.

Georgina
10-01-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't care what women wear I want my skirts and dresses.

julia marie
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
ReineD. Great point about the difference in cut and material in women's clothes. That 2% spandex content makes a big difference. Also, the difference in cut makes it tough for a guy buying clothes designed for a woman. The taper doesn't make for a great fit for guys when it comes to tops.

Rachel Morley
10-01-2013, 07:40 PM
..... for how many of us is a skirt necessary to feel feminine?
In my case, it's not "necessary", but it does emphasize things more. I do wear girly jeans and capris from time to time but if I'm going for a casual look then I prefer blue jean, or cargo khaki skirts or skorts. I'm happiest in a dress and heels.

barbie lanai
10-01-2013, 07:43 PM
My jeans are girls that I wear for everyday in drab mode. So they don't feel very fem to me. But a bra and a dress sure do.

Marcelle
10-01-2013, 08:22 PM
For me it was all about the dresses and skirts at first, not so much now. Don't get me wrong I still love the feel of a dress hem on freshly shaved legs and in the summer time I could think of no greater pleasure then wearing a light sundress with the breeze gently blowing. But alas, sleeveless dresses are not good on me for public wear without a sweater or cover due to extensive body art and man shoulders/upper arms.

While I still dress in dresses at home when I feel the need, as I move forward with my plans to blend I have been people watching. With the exception of the early morning work crowd (women in skirts, heels, business attire) most are in jeans and tops or other comfortable garb. So I am concentrating on that for blending and find you can still look very pretty in jeans and a nice top.

Hugs

Isha

Asche
10-01-2013, 09:31 PM
A skirt is necessary for me, but “feeling feminine,” an ephemeral notion at best, isn’t necessarily in the cards. Instead, I’m after a feeling of apart-ness, or feeling less male, or simply feeling different and turning my back on cursed conformity…
That sounds a little like my motivation.

I wouldn't know what "feeling feminine" would feel like.

I just know I feel more relaxed and more like myself and less like I'm stuck in some uncomfortable role when I put on a skirt. I come home from the office and immediately change, the way many guys who have to wear a suit and tie come home and change. I don't put on my male drag until it's time to go to the office, or one of the rare other situations where you're expected to dress "appropriately."

I'm not dressing like a woman, I'm dressing like myself.

And, no, women's jeans or capris or whatever don't do it for me at all.

Dianne S
10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Like most of the others, I much prefer wearing dresses or skirts to women's jeans. (I wear women's jeans anyway in male mode and no-one notices, so they're nothing special.)

RebeccaLynne
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Another post about skinny jeans got me thinking, for how many of us is a skirt necessary to feel feminine?

Brittany, I always feel feminine, even while performing my duties at work. There I wear 501 Levis, 'cause even the women I work with aren't allowed to wear dresses or skirts... that's the rail industry.

But when I get home... that's my time. I'll get dolled up, and that means a skirt or a dress. When I'm wearing panties, pantyhose, pantygirdle, bra and forms, the last thing I'd want to wear is pants... I've already worn them all day!

Nancie64
10-01-2013, 11:01 PM
I guess I stand with the majority. Skirts & dresses are the reason that Nancie is around. i do have a couple of pairs of girls jeans and a pair of trousers but my SO likes the look of Nancie in skirts or dresses. I do wish I was more comfortable going out in the later but at this age i just would not want to be called out. Some people can be rude. We like taking rides and maybe a little walk at a wayside but do indulge when out of town. Love it

AbigailAlexis
10-01-2013, 11:06 PM
I think my favorite piece of clothing atm is a pair of SO (the brand) low-rise bootcut jeans (so low-rise that I think the zipper is all of 1.5 inches long... if that). When I dress it's usually relaxing time for me lately, and I can't seem to find a skirt short enough that I would enjoy wearing it... but long enough to be tasteful. I have been looking at some of the more "sporty" pants like yoga or other similar poly/spandex but haven't gotten any yet that might end up being another good relaxing option.

I think some of this comes from the fact that In male mode I've been a chinos/trousers with a dress shirt/polo guy for a lo-o-o-ong time (back 3-4 years I didn't even own a pair of jeans) and only recently gotten into jeans there as well. Perhaps it will pass?

Dalva
10-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I love dresses (and some skirts). However, I do have a few pairs of yoga pants/leggings type items I 'll wear from time to time. I wouldn't mind trying some women's jeans but I don't know the sizing differences well enough. I could use some help in that dept.

erickka
10-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Fitted jeans, yoga pants, skirts and dresses. It's all good :)

My sentiments....Exactly!!

Laura Collette
12-04-2013, 03:54 PM
In my few times out I wore a kilt -- not a man's but a woman's, found at a yard sale -- lingerie, stockings, low heels, a blouse and wig. I thought a skirt was the only way to go. But by reading these forums (fora?) I'm beginning to see the possibilities in wearing women's pants which would allow me to go out all the time without being "outed." Exciting idea.

NicoleScott
12-04-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm with CrissyKay, Georgina, and others who say YES to the dress and CAN'T for the pant. I wear pants in male mode (very unexciting) and have never worn pants in girl mode. Female cut pants may do it for some, but not me.

I know this sounds strange, but it's like the child who won't eat asparagus:
Want some asparagus?
No, I don't like it.
Have you ever tried it?
No.
Why not?
Because I don't like it.
How do you know, if you never tried it?
I just know.

No, I've never tried girl jeans because I don't like them. I just know.

Nadine Spirit
12-04-2013, 04:40 PM
If it is cute and I can buy it in the female department, then I like wearing it. I don't restrict myself because something isn't fem enough.

Vanessa5
12-04-2013, 07:30 PM
I enjoy both. A good fitting pair of jeans feels great. Womens jeans fit my shape better. I wear them to work and no one notices. I am finding that unless you have the bling on the back pockets they are just jeans.

julia marie
12-04-2013, 07:41 PM
OK, question about women's pants. Do the manufacturers think that every one who may have an extra pound or two around the midsection (like over size 10) is over 6 feet tall? The inseams on the jeans, leggings and dress pants seem like they are designed for basketball players.

Stephanie Morgan
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I love my skirts. However I do have several pair of girl jeans, a few with some bling to them, that I love to wear.

suchacutie
12-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Every time it's a Tina day, I now realize that all I've ever done is to fit the clothes to my mood. Tina likes variety and she is still exploring her clothing options (maybe that will never end). Since Tina came into existence because of showing off her legs, it was natural that her first outfit was a short skirt and sweater, then a dress, then two tunic-length tops that are lovely seriously short mini dresses. Then she added leggings under those minis, and only then did she buy leather "jeans". She still doesn't own jeans as I have a bunch I use in male mode and she has borrowed those on a couple of occasions.

For me, feeling feminine is a process that arrives with the transformation process. Everything adds to it and I can't say that jeans detract at all from that process...don't most guys find women who wear super heels with jeans attractive?

Glenda58
12-04-2013, 10:21 PM
skirt/ dresses are nice but a good pair of jeans with a nice top can make you good to. I have some dress slacks with some low cut sheer tops that with high heels makes feel great when I go out (which isn't to often on).

JamieQ
12-04-2013, 10:50 PM
I am going to chime in here about high heels. I finally realized I must live in a very diverse place: rural KY, pop. 15,000 (which is big by my standards) and surrounding burgs of 1000 or less. I can go to like an IGA (supermarket) or Dollar General (discount store) in one of these burgs and I see women there in high heels, usually accompanying longer skirts or tight jeans. I think the sound of the heels draw more attention than anything. Then it is real common to see them wearing those knee high or higher denim skirts, but usually with boots, flats, flip flops or something. Its not uncommon to see a woman in a skirt or dress around here...but then again I suppose every place is different...

Nadine Spirit
12-04-2013, 10:57 PM
OK, question about women's pants. Do the manufacturers think that every one who may have an extra pound or two around the midsection (like over size 10) is over 6 feet tall? The inseams on the jeans, leggings and dress pants seem like they are designed for basketball players.

Females tend to have longer legs and shorter torsos, and men tend to be opposite. That is often the problem. But also female pants come in different hem lengths often to accomodate different heel heights. I have never seen the jeans being labeled or identified as being long or short though. The only way I can tell is once they are on. I will find long or short ones side by side in the same store and the same brand.

With skinny jeans I found my legs to be just too short and had the pants hemmed at a local shop.

Desirae
12-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Dresses and skirts have always been the predominant choice for me. But, it is by no means the only female clothing that I like. It's pretty much any of it now. As a matter of fact, my first time (no, not the first time I dressed, but the first time I, *ahem*, you get the idea), I was wearing a pair of black slacks, a nice white blouse, hose, bra, panties, and heels. I also remember one occasion, when there was no female clothing available, that I had to become a little creative. I can almost hear the snickers as I get ready to write this. I used curtains. Yes, curtains. They were light, airy, sheer, "feminine" looking curtains, almost like a shawl type material, and I fashioned them into a sort of dress. Not my most shining moment, but, hey, I was much younger.

Adriana Moretti
12-04-2013, 11:38 PM
i love wearing pants out....my favorites being capri pants, and leggings...i think if you are trying to blend in a bit more pants are a great option

AbigailAlexis
12-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I see the this thread got started up again so I'll chime in. I like my skirts (now that I found a several that I like). But honestly, those jeans I mentioned back about 35 posts are still my single fav piece.

Happy
12-05-2013, 11:26 AM
i need to put on a bra, skirt, panties and a top that suits the skirt to feel feminine :\ different people, different ways to trigger the feminity i guess

KayleeTaylor
12-05-2013, 11:53 AM
I have skirts, dresses, shorts, capris, jeans, etc. I try to wear whats best for the occasion. I don't need to wear a skirt to feel feminine, I feel feminine enough in my daily life no matter how I am dressed. However, I do own more women's jeans than anything else in my closet, I have every cut, fit and style of jeans that Victoria's Secret has to offer :) I always wear them while en boy because I like the fit and the feel. Men's jeans don't have that little extra spandex in them, they are hard to walk in, always getting bunched up because they are too baggy and have the texture of cardboard. So for me it's about being comfortable and blendable.

Krystalina
12-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Feminine to me is being able to wear skirts, skinny jeans, and skimpy/short shorts, among a myriad of styles and fashions...unlike men, who only wear shirts and pants. Capris, jean cutoffs, skirts/dresses of infinite styles...shoes...for me, I just prefer women fashion over men.

Kristina_nolagirl
12-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Nothing will ever beat a dress in my book...even skirts are lame compared to dresses! But I do love to look like a modern, fashion forward girl, so I wear jeans, leggins, tights etc. The new sequin tights that are out are soooo cute...I must have some soon!