PDA

View Full Version : Too tall for heels?

KellyWilliams
10-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Too tall for heels?
Hi everyone!

I am quite tall and slim (6'2") but I absolutely LOVE heels. They really set off my long legs and I like how they feel. The only problem is, in my favorite 4" heels I kinda tower over everyone else.

What do you think? Should I stick to cute flats, or wear my heels?

stacycoral
10-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Kelly I am 6'4" anyway I used to be, I wear 3" heels all the time, and yes they do set your long legs off, and there is nothing like wearing heels and making your legs look beautiful, go for girl, and enjoy them, hugs.

Jordan
10-01-2013, 09:05 AM
kelly
I asked this question a while back and all the girls on here told to wear what feels right for me. there is no thing as being to tall so I say girl if you love to wear them than wear them

Jordan

suzanne
10-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Too tall? I am the same height as you and yes, I USED to think that way. More recently, I have been out a few times in my 3" heels, and haven't felt the least bit out of place. Why? Haven't the foggiest. But I know my legs look waaaaay better with a longer line and my feet don't look so enormous in my booties. And if people only see you in your heels, that to them is your normal height.

Amanda22
10-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Wear whatever you want to wear. If you fear others' judgments of you, maybe you shouldn't be crossdressing. I'm really not trying to be blunt, but isn't this about you? It should be. Do what *you* want. It's your life. Live it for you, not others.

robindee36
10-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Kelly, heels are a girls best friend. It is not unusual to see very tall girls and GG's in heels. Might just limit their height, maybe around 3", so you don't have to duck in doorways.

Hugs, Robin

Lynn Marie
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I've got you by an inch and I wear up to a 5 inch heel . A 5 inch heel on a size 12 pump is like a 4 inch heel on a size 8. Enjoy your heels. If I couldn't wear heels, I'd quit CDing and go back to model airplanes!

Oh yeah, and no matter how high your non platform heels are, they'll only add 3 inches to your height.

Kate Simmons
10-01-2013, 09:46 AM
That's strictly up to you Hon. Do what you love I say. No law that says if you are a certain height you shouldn't wear them. :battingeyelashes::)

SherriePall
10-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Ditto what Kate says. There's no law that says that a girl over X-feet tall may not wear heels. Afterall, if a girl is 5-10 and can wear heels, does that mean the girl who is 5-11 can not? BTW, I saw a stunning GG the other day who was wearing a shorter skirt and heels and she towered over me. I would never tell her she could not wear heels!

susan jackson
10-01-2013, 10:07 AM
As I always say...a skirt can never be too short, lipstick can never be too red AND HEELS CAN NEVER BE TO HIGH!

KellyWilliams
10-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the advice, girls! *hugs*

Michelle789
10-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Ditto...I'm 6 ft and I wear 3-4 inch heels. Wear whatever makes you happy :)

Jaylyn
10-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm 6'2" and I just deeply love three things about dressing wearing makeup especially the lipstick, hose especially dark black silky type thigh highs, and heels especially the taller ones that are platforms and I almost break my neck in. If we love something I say enjoy it. Thus all my lipsticks are deep dark red, all my hose are deep black silky ones and my heels.... You guessed it are tall. Go for what you like, life is short and as a George Strait song says I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time. Wear your heels honey.

Stephanie47
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I went back and read your introduction. The biggest concern concerning high high heels is standing out in a crowd. If you're closeted, then you do not have to be concerned about sticking out. Yes, a six foot woman, let alone a cross dressing man, will attract an inquiring eye. There is no difference in noticing a woman who is six foot two and a six foot two woman in heels. I'm six foot and wear heels in my home all the time. I prefer three inch heels because they are more comfortable than higher ones, which I also have. I reserve my one inch flats for the soft ground in the backyard. I've been out walking in the evening with three inch heels. However, I find strolling on long walks is uncomfortable. In a nut shell buy some heels.

kimdl93
10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
depends on where you are and what you're doing. i'd wear flats or low heeled sandals during daylight hours and heels if I'm a bit more dressed up. Since I'm the same height as you, we face the same issues as far as "towering" is concerned. But I don't really let that bother me - I tend to be taller than most people anyway. A couple more inches hardly matters.

Beverley Sims
10-01-2013, 12:33 PM
You can look elegant as a tall girl.
Try working towards that goal.
If you have a masculine appearance it will be more difficult.

~Joanne~
10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I see a lot of GG's that are tall every day. They stand way over me and it doesn't stop them from wearing heels so why should it stop you? Wear what you want, not what someone tells you is right or wrong.

carhill2mn
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Wear your heels! Just remember that tall girls will attract attention. There is a young woman in our church choir who must be at least 6' 2'' and the other day she was wearing 4" heels.

SometimesJen
10-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm 6'0" tall. My lady always notices when I'm wearing my 4" wedges - she can't reach me for a kiss, even on her toes, but absolutely loves the way they make my legs look. Whether you're 6'2" or 6'6", when you're that long and lean you'll look just as nice. If you like the way you look and feel in them wear them and enjoy!

robindee36
10-01-2013, 04:49 PM
This could easily turn into a math thread. Lets see, if a 6'-2" girl wears 6" platforms, what is the lofting limit of her hairdo to avoid knocking it on a 7'-2" doorway? Guess it depends on the thickness of the door mat ;)

Hugs all, Robin

Kandy Barr
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Kelly, as you can see by all the replies that plenty of us who are tall in our stocking feet still wear heels... I'm 6'2" in my stockings and own many pairs of heels in varying heights, I absolutely love heels and don't let anything or anyone stop me from wearing them! That being said, if I'm going to go to thrift stores shopping, or running errands during the day I have several pairs of nice flats and that's what I wear, not always but mostly. I'm a big lover of skinny jeans and heels so at times I'll go shopping in those, but it's much easier to change trying on new outfits if dressed more casual. I saw an actors daughter the other night on "Extra", I think it was Clint Eastwood's daughter but I could be mistaken....anyway, she was 6'2" in her stocking feet and she was wearing 5" or 6" heels, OMG she was absolutely gorgeous....she towered over everybody and with her head high, shoulders back she strutted her stuff. Of course she was drop dead gorgeous, but the point is her height did not take anything away from her beauty, it only added to it....So yes, yes, yes, by all means wear your heels and strut your stuff, don't slouch over to try to hide your height, but hold your head high and own your look!!!! K

Flowergirl
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Two weeks ago, I would have agreed with Susan that "a skirt can never be too short, lipstick can never be too red, and heels can never be too tall", but then I got this really cute little red plaid, pleated skirt, and I had to painfully admit to my wife that I was wrong...it is possible for a skirt to be too short(my bottom was sticking out when I was standing straight). But as for the other two, I still agree...lipstick can never be too red, and heels can never be too tall!

AlexisWest
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm 5'11" in my stockings, put me in heels and I go over 6 feet. I just recently spent the day en femme with my mom and visited an upscale mall and the Ikea store in South Denver and barely got a wierd look or stare. I did get a couple of double takes from a couple of guys looking at the stunning brunette, LOL. I love my 3-4" heels but prefer to walk in 1-2" heels, I just manuver much easier in shorter heels.

Cheryl T
10-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm 6' and love heels and always felt too tall to "pass". Fortunately my opinion has changed. People will look at Anyone who is taller than the norm so don your heels, strut with your head held high and just enjoy being you.

Zylia
10-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I live happily in the world's tallest nation (http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/10/30/tall-dutch-people/) (or so they say), the average height for a woman is about 5'7" over here, but I'm 'only' about 5'12".

Anyway, I don't think we should kid ourselves. If our height doesn't give us away (if that's really a concern), there's at least a dozen of other things to worry about. If you want to wear heels you should wear heels, if you want to blend in you should wear men's clothes.

Tami Joy
10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Kelly As another tall girl i love my heels it what makes me the girl i am,plus i get to show off my legs.

Maryesther M.
10-05-2013, 07:56 PM
In ordinary guy mode I quite often nowadays see young GGs in the High Street whose eyes are level with mine (I'm 6'2") so I invariably look down to see if they are on any heels. Nine times out of ten they're wearing flat sneekers or Mary-Janes, so they're busy playing down their height.

Generally heels are for dressing up, be it for an Evening Out or for the Office. When it's ME time I'm dressing up, but frankly 2-3 inches is the max. I personally find comfortable & can manage. But then I'm not looking anybody in the eye, except perhaps my camera.

Recently I took part in a rowing event in Amsterdam and encountered there a great number of young mostly Dutch rowers who are amazingly tall, even the girls. I felt quite dwarfed in their company....and No-One was wearing heels!

M.

Further to this theme, I've just come across this recent pic. of English Prince Harry on his recent visit 'Down Under'.
He's 6'3", a big lad like his brother William, but take a look at the girl on the left of the picture. I expect her wedges are about 3" high, but she ends up appearing to be taller than the Prince, so she's probably over 6 foot in bare feet. The girl on the right is no tiny tot, either.

M.

flatlander_48
10-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Too tall for heels?

If it isn't a problem for RuPaul, why should it be a problem for you?

heatherdress
10-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Enjoy your heels. You are not too tall. There is no height limit for high heels. Wear what you want to wear and have fun. No one else really cares. Dress for yourself.

oliviall
10-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Own. It. Girl. :)

amander-
10-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Hi there maryesther m
This showes that we are not all the same size so can you think that we do not come from the same mold and by the way the two women in white are tall than there dad ho is p.m tony abbert . By the way i do no a women from birth and she is 6 feet tall and i am 5ft 10 = 180cm tall.

Victoriana
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
The posts above makes sense! :o

Wear what makes you feel comfortable I would say. Especially if just dressing at home. :)

amander-
10-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Hi there victoriana.
Yes i do like your post and just not at home i do that 24/7 and i fill so happy in side me.

MichelleTea
10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
In my opinion, being very tall, a few extra inches isn't going to matter. People look and notice.

In flats, I feel much less sexy and my feet look like canoes, so might as well look and feel good.
I have received many compliments and stares while walking tall in heels :)

amander-
10-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi there michelle tea
ok you say you are a tall but we do all come not the same size so if you wood like to walk in heels it,s up to you for me i do not caer what people think. just as i am happy with my shoes on my feet.

Dalva
10-08-2013, 01:41 AM
As I always say...a skirt can never be too short, lipstick can never be too red AND HEELS CAN NEVER BE TO HIGH!

I'm 6'2" and I just deeply love three things about dressing wearing makeup especially the lipstick, hose especially dark black silky type thigh highs, and heels especially the taller ones that are platforms and I almost break my neck in. If we love something I say enjoy it. Thus all my lipsticks are deep dark red, all my hose are deep black silky ones and my heels.... You guessed it are tall. Go for what you like, life is short and as a George Strait song says I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time. Wear your heels honey.

Well said, both of you.

Shirley Rose
10-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Wear the heels be tall and proud...If ya got em flaunt em... I love heels but as a mans size 13 my choices are limited. Six inch platforms are great as fetish wear but I long for more choices in a 4-5 inch heel.

Jackie59
10-08-2013, 06:54 AM
6' 3". Love my heels. Tall is beautiful!

Lexi Moralas
10-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Never to tall for a sexy pair of heels girl

Kate's at home
10-08-2013, 07:43 AM
I certainly understand the desire to wear heels regardless of height. I also prefer the comfort of well fitting flats that are cute too and can work with longer dresses and skirts. In my case, comfort wins...

Kate

paper_clip
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Think about it this way: Models, Amazonians, and Movie Stars are regarded as pinnacles of female beauty. Embrace your height. Tall is lovely.

Eryn
10-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm 6'2" and used to be scared of heels as I thought that they would make me stand out too much.

I tried wearing some moderate (1.5-2.5") heels and decided that they actually improve my presentation. People look at me, think "Wow, tall woman!" and then look at my feet. They see heels and see an explanation for my tallness. They don't do the math, they just think "heels=tall."

At least that's my take on it, delusional as it may be. I go out all the time now in moderate heels. I love casual Clarks heels since they are actually made to be reasonable comfortable.

One nice thing about being tall is that I don't need sky-high heels for the height. Lower (and more comfy!) heels work fine!

Alice Torn
10-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Zylia! I have heard the Nethrlands was the tallest, too! Where i live, must be one of the shortest areas. I am six foot six, and tower over almost everyone, except for a few tall men. The average Gg here in my area, must be about 5'3", short and squat. I feel like i am from another planet here. How i would like to live in the Netherlands! When i have gone out in 2 1/2 " heels, i am six foot nine or ten, with wafted hair, and really am a rare bird.

It seems the young generations have a lot more tall ladies. I wish the baby boomers would have produced more! I plan on wearing my high heels out soon.

Talisker
10-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Guess it depends if you want to be noticed.
Yes = Heels
No = Flats

Bria
10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm 6' 2" tall and really like my look in my 2" heels, I'm glad to hear so much encouragement for tall girls to wear heels. One of my problems is that I wear a mens size 13 shoe and have found very limited choices in my size

tina16
10-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm a slender 6' and I love heels. I've also got a couple of pair of platform heels that really put me up there.

I used to think I was way tall for a woman but if you look around there are a bunch of women 6'+.

ericalynn
10-16-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm 6'1" and currently wearing 2.5" heels.

ALEXISMARISA
10-16-2013, 03:13 PM
6'2" here and love heels on, would never wear flats. :0)

Judith96a
10-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm 6ft and I LOVE heels - 3 inch minimum. Flats just don't feel right.

Samantha_Smile
10-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm 6'6" and I don't own any heels below 5".
Ive actually got a pair of 7"ers that are awesome.

Screw the height, if you loves you some heels, eat it up!

susiecd13
10-16-2013, 06:52 PM
I agree that there is no such thing as too tall for heels. I can't imagine getting dressed and not wearing high heels. They are what finish an outfit to me. I wouldn't think of getting dressed and not wearing heels.

BiancaEstrella
10-16-2013, 11:44 PM
If there was a such thing as "too tall for heels," they wouldn't make them in sizes that "too tall" women would be more likely to wear.

I'm 6'3", wear a size 13-wide shoe, and I love wearing heels.

Jennifer Kelly
10-17-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm 5'11", so not as tall as some of you ladies, but put me in 4" heels and I'm 6'3". That's still going to draw some attention. But you know what? I see GG's who are my height wear those same heels all the time. So why shouldn't I be rocking them too?

naraxyn
10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Ima 5"7 :)and 6-7inc heels i love them 😇

linda allen
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
A 6'2" female would probably not wear heels unless she was absolutely stunning and knew it. She would draw a lot of attention wherever she went. Most would wear flats.

I don't know your situation, I don't know if you're just dressing around the house or if you're out in public and if out in public, I don't know where you're going or what time of day.

Realize that with the 4" heels you will be drawing attention to yourself in public. You have to make the decision.

Me, at 5'8", I wear flats.

sometimes_miss
10-18-2013, 01:08 PM
If you were worried about how you looked to other people, you wouldn't be out crossdressed. So, wear whatever you like!

Celina
10-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm 6'0" and I couldn't really imagine not wearing heels, really love them! Allthough with my current ones I would be like 6'4", i'd surely stand out in the crowd if I went outside :P

Cami.Aeris
10-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Judging by your pic you have nice legs and considering your own passion for heels, go for it! :)

Leanna Jean
10-19-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm 5' 6" so 5-inch to 6-inch I love them!!!!

lookinginmd
10-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I hope there is no such thing as too tall for heels!

Abbey11
10-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I sure hope it's not contagious! Can never be too tall for a great pair of heels !

Diversity
10-23-2013, 04:13 AM
I think that you should wear whatever makes you happy. As tall as you are, there are others much taller. So go with what moves you. Enjoy!
Di

BLUE ORCHID
10-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Kelly, I just looked in the Crossdressers handbook and it says that tall ladies can wear hi-heels.

AmandaPanda
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
im 5'9 i feel like a giant in 3 in heels
i wish i was 5'6
someone convince me im wrong please

AmandaPanda
12-04-2013, 02:47 AM
not sure how a thong made it into the conversation but sure ok lol
i know how to walk in heels and of course it gives the ultimate femme feel but
i feel like i tower over the other girls even if they are also wearing heels
and isnt that everyone's fear on here to stick out?

Eryn
12-04-2013, 03:08 AM
BTW, heels do not add directly to your height. Due to the arrangement of your ankle joint a pair of 3" heels will make you about 2" taller. Starting at 6'2", a pair of 3" pumps make me slightly under 6'4" tall by actual measurement.

And anyway, once you're past 5'10" you are just plain tall from most GGs perspective. The only people who will examine your height closely are those who are near that height themselves. Welcome to the tall sisterhood!

A year or so ago I went to eat at Crustacean, an upscale restaurant in Beverly Hills. I was wearing 3-1/2" boots. I walked up to the front desk and looked the gorgeous, willowy, twentysomething hostess straight in the eye. She walked from behind the counter and I snuck a peek at her feet, expecting to see killer heels. She was wearing ballet flats! As she led us to our table many eyes turned our way, but few of them were on me! :)

gina bennett
01-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Kelly, I'm also 6'2" and love wearing my 6" heels they make me feel feminine, although I haven't ventured out yet I think I might stand out at 6'8". Or maybe you need to get taller friends to hang with, as do I!

XemmaX
01-06-2014, 08:54 AM
im 6,2 and i wear heels all the time but i never go out dressed during the day.

heatherdress
01-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Depends on where and when - but -wear what pleases you.

NicoleScott
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Many have said "screw it, just do it" but that doesn't address your apparent concerns that you don't want to draw attention. That advice is to just get over your fears.
Your statement "I absolutely love heels" could mean that you really like them a lot or that you have a serious fetish for high heels, we don't know. So here's my compromise idea: wear "reasonable" shoes in public (reasonable as defined by you) and the really high heels in private.

Angela.Moni
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Being almost 6'0" this also concerns me a lot. I don't want to appear taller than men around me...gives me a weird nonfem feeling. Now I only wear heels when I Skype or not out in TG clubs. When I go out, I wear flats. Open thong sandals are very in these days and make the pedicure look great. Sometimes i wear slides with low kitten heels or flip flop type shoes. This way I feel much more fem. Examples included...

MonikaTirola
01-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I am 6'2 and I love heels as well.

I went on a few tall GG sites to "borrow" some fashion tips and what I feel the going opinion is that people already noticed that you are tall (and seem to want to point it out to you). So what is the difference in a few extra inches if you look and feel fabulously. :)