PDA

View Full Version : Are men's clothes more comfortable

Sarah Beth
10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I was reading a Dear Annie column in a news paper today and there was a question that began "Why do people make a big deal out of men who are crossdressers" Her response to the complete questions was "Women who wear men's clothing generally do so because it is more comfortable. Men who wear women's clothing, which is decidedly less comfortable, often do so beacuse it gives them a sexual thrill or satisfies some emotional need".

So do you CD/TG or even you GG's out there agree with her statement that women's clothes are decidedly less comfortable?

I have to say that I don't agree with her. My first thought was what is she wearing and where is she buying it that her clothes make her feel so uncomfortable. Malybe I am off base but one of the reasons I left the "professional" world was how uncomfortable I found wearing suits and ties. I have also found it pretty difficult all my life to find a pair of jeans that really fit me all that well. I am a lot more comfortable in a dress than I am in jeans and work shirt.

I would also have to say to her that I don't crossdress because of any sexual thrill, or to fulfill some emotional need. I crossdress because it appeals that female side of me, its part of who I am not some outlet for some deep seated emtional hangup.

That's my oppinion.

Mink
10-01-2013, 06:07 PM
sort of yes and no

i mostly wear boyclothes because it's just easier and i'm used to it... sort of a t-shirt and jeans sorta guy!

while female clothes have more nice fabric / can be more "freeing" feeling ... like a dress in a breeze! ... i think i'm still too hyper aware of what i'm wearing and how different you have to act (like for sitting or whatnot) i don't know

it does kinda bother me that say for bedtime a girl could wear her bf's big shirt or say his boxers for "comfort" but god forbid a guy wanting to wear her undies or a nightie for bedtime / lounging comfort!

Kelliramerez
10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
I would have to agree with you. My skirts are definitely more comfortable than my work pants. As far as I know I have no sexual hAng ups. Lol

Mink
10-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't crossdress because of any sexual thrill, or to fulfill some emotional need. I crossdress because it appeals that female side of me, its part of who I am not some outlet for some deep seated emtional hangup.

when they say some emotional need i wouldn't say it's some sort of negative "emotional hangup" or whatever...

it sounds very much like that's what it does for you!

it's not a bad thing at all!

Rachael Leigh
10-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah when I started wearing girls clothes it was a sexual thrill for me but something happened on the way out of the closet, I found that womens clothes were quite comfortable and frankly looked better than the drab look. I would wear a lot more female styles and colors if I could and wife was on board but it's not to be. Panties are so much more comfortable than men's crappy stuff, and the silky kind you find for guys is so much more expensive

Dani0948
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Unless I'm wearing a suit and tie, I don't even notice my guy clothes. They're neither comfortable nor uncomfortable. Even when my heels are hurting a little bit, it still feals great. Comfort really doesn't matter.

Jaymees22
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I think men's and women's clothes are both comfortable but in different ways. Men's clothes are generally loose providing roomier comfort. The women's clothes I like fit more snugly, which gives me a feeling of security, like being hugged. I enjoy wearing women's clothes because it makes me feel better than I've ever felt and not really in a sexual way. Hugs Jaymee

sheilagirl
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I would have to say, overall, I think Women's clothing is much more comfortable. It depends on the style
and how you're wearing it. But, a nice silky skirt rubbing against thigh-high stockings, Come-ON! In Man-Mode, I would have to say I dress pretty crappy. I mean, not bad but
pretty damn drab! In Sheila mode, I find myself much more free and willing to wear soft, beautiful fabrics, bright colors and things that accent my body. Clothing in guy mode, for me, blows.
I almost had to puke when recently attending a ZZ Top concert, I noticed that at least 75% of the men around me we wearing cargo shorts, polo shirts and little booty socks. YEEEECH! I also noticed that most of the women at least tried to show some individuality with their outfits. Lots of old groupies at this one! ZZ Top Rocks! (Sorry if I offended anyone's clothing choices.)

Babette
10-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Comfort to me depends on what I'm doing at the moment. If I am grunging around in yard, garden or walking in the woods, I want clothing that can take the abuse. In that case, men's work clothing are a must. On the other hand, if relaxation is my priority, then I prefer the softer feel of women's clothing.

Allison2006
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't agree that women's clothes are less comfortable, most of mine are much more comfortable than my guy clothes. Her comment about crossdressers, though, sounds like a definition from a psychology textbook from 50 years ago.

julia marie
10-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Some key differences in terms of why I love women's clothes vs mens: Men's clothes tend to be heavier. Women's clothes tend to "play in the wind" better, as with skirts that swish a bit. However, there are examples of women's clothing, like "traditional office garb" such as suit, control top panty hose, slip, spike heels (for 16 hours). Women just end up with more choices: skirt, dress, slacks, jeans, shorts, etc. So, weekends are a great time.

Lynn Marie
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
When dressed enfemme, I'm attempting to create boobs, a waist, hips, great legs, and a bit of a butt lift. All of which I don't naturally have. That means a tight bra, a corset, or tight shaper, or a waist cinching belt and high heels. None of which are especially comfortable! Erotic and exotic, yes, comfortable, no.

Angie G
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
I'll take a dress or skirt over jeans anytime. And there is nothing sexual about it. It just feels way better. Most of us don't know why we really dress How could she possibly know.:hugs:
Angie

AveryS
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Women's clothes are definitely more comfortable, and many more options. You can't get more comfortable than a sun dress, etc. Yoga pants are super comfortable. Women's jeans are far more comfortable than men's.... I suppose wearing a bra is less comfortable than not wearing one, and men's shoes are typically more comfortable than pumps - but otherwise I can't think of a reason anyone would claim men's clothes are more comfy. Unless you want to dress like a slob - and even then, women's sweats and t's are more comfortable :)

Rachel Morley
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I also don't agree that (in general) women's clothes are less comfortable. Where the problem is for me is, just as Lynn Marie says above, is the foundation wear that we use to create curves. After a long day and or night in a fitted LLPG (and sometimes even my bra) I am dying to get undressed and slip into something more comfortable, not men's clothes, but some nice girly PJs or a nightie. :)

KellyWilliams
10-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I think women's clothing is quite a bit more comfortable. Generally, the materials are softer and have more give to them.

Beverley Sims
10-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Comfortable is a point of view held by each individual.
With polarized views on clothing by most readers here, the preference goes with the choice of clothing and how you feel when wearing a particular item.

I may get to be a politician with an answer like this. :)

kimdl93
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
No men's clothes are intrinsically no more or less comfortable. Certain women's foundations may feel a bit confining, but I suspect that a woman with D breasts will be more comfortable within the confines of a bra.

Emotionally speaking, I feel a bit uncomfortable she I have to wear men's clothes...but that comes from somewhere inside. I don't hate wearing men's clothing, but I quite honestly would rather not.

Marcelle
10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
For me it really depends. I spend my work day in a uniform of some sort. Now combat fatigues are comfortable, dress uniform not so much this would hold true male or female uniform. Civilian attire is all together a different story in that I find women's clothing not so much more comfortable but more of a variety in style and material.

A lot of gals hit the nail on the head in that a dress or skirt is quite liberating and just plain feels nice. When it comes to guy clothes if I want to dress nicely, then it is a minimum slacks and a nice dress shirt (very confining) whereas if en femme I can wear a dress, skirt or slacks (more variety, softer material and much nicer IMHO)

However, for the most part when I dress at home en femme, I wear jeans and shirts, panties and a bra or comfy PJs closer to night. When I dress in boy mode at home . . . jeans, shirts, boxers or comfy lounging pants closer to night.

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
When dressed enfemme, I'm attempting to create boobs, a waist, hips, great legs, and a bit of a butt lift. All of which I don't naturally have. That means a tight bra, a corset, or tight shaper, or a waist cinching belt and high heels. None of which are especially comfortable! Erotic and exotic, yes, comfortable, no.

Lynn nailed it perfectly.

Kate Simmons
10-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Everyone has their own personal "comfort level" with clothes, type notwithstanding. The best rule of thumb is to wear what makes you happy in my opinion.:battingeyelashes::)

RADER
10-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I had a GG tell me that she wears pants because she feels dressed.
When wearing a skirt or a dress, she feels naked unless she is wearing pantyhose.
She does not like to put on Hose unless she has to.
Go Figure.
Rader

Michelle789
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Both men's and women's clothes are comfortable if they fit right, and both men's and women's clothes are uncomfortable if they're too tight or too loose. I wear women's clothes because it expresses who I am, or at least a part of who I am, on the inside.

Gillian Gigs
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Is someone's idea of comfort based on loose and baggy, or skin tight? Some of my guy T's are baggy and comfortable, but then there are those skin tight cami's that are comfortable in a totally different way. If you look at pants, they are nothing to talk about imho, yet let's look at a loose skirt around your legs combined with skin tight pantyhose, or hi-top hose and you are talking about a comfort level that no pants could ever match. When I wear pantyhose, my wife looks at me with the look and comment that says why on earth would you ever feel comfortable in that? Well I guess if we were all the same, this world would become a boring place rather quickly!

suchacutie
10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't think"Dear Annie" has a clue, except that we do have some emotional need to bring our feminine sides to the surface. I'm sure that need Iis unique to each of us.

ArleneRaquel
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
To me woman's clothing is a sheer delight to wear , no matter tight or loose. Male attire is boring and uninspiring. "Dear Annie", doesn't know what she is talking about. Maybe she should wear female attire and find out how great that experience is.

Bernadina
10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Because of my build, I generally find that women's clothes fit better and are a lot more comfortable.

Yolanda_Voils
10-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Men who wear women's clothing, which is decidedly less comfortable, often do so beacuse it gives them a sexual thrill or satisfies some emotional need".

Well, I guess I must be wrong, the slinky "little black dress" doesn't feel good.

On second thought, NO, It DOES feel very good, and unlike some, I love wearing high heels!
Proper fitting heels and a tight dress is a wonderful feeling. Getting whistled at never hurt either :)

docrobbysherry
10-02-2013, 12:00 AM
If I want comfort nothing beats drab, loose, cotton, jeans, shirt, and undies.

When I'm Sherry, comfort is the LAST thing I want! I like everything tite, confining, shaping. As Lynne Marie stated so well. And, synthetics don't compare comfort wise with cotton that breathes in even the hottest weather! And, does anyone claim their hi heels r more comfy than a pair of drab loafers?

--------------------------I would also have to say to her that I don't crossdress because of any sexual thrill, or to fulfill some emotional need. I crossdress because it appeals that female side of me, its part of who I am not some outlet for some deep seated emtional hangup.
That's my oppinion.

Sarah Beth, I believe your need to dress, "---because it appeals to that female side of me", is exactly the "emotional need", Dear Annie was referring to. I don't think she meant it in the negative way that u took it!

ReineD
10-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Some women can and do wear constricting garments (girdles, body shapers, control top pantyhose, high heels, tight skirts, etc, not to mention bras) and we all know there are lots of CDers who are into these things as well. So in this sense Dear Annie was right. Also, Dear Annie was likely not thinking about suits and ties for men since so few men wear them nowadays.

Her comment about dressing for sexual thrill or to satisfy emotional needs I suppose is true for some CDers (a lot of CDers dress for fetish), but I also think that Dear Annie was giving way to stereotypes by lumping everyone in the same boat.

Eryn
10-02-2013, 12:49 AM
The only mens' clothing I find particularly uncomfortable in themselves are dress shirts and ties. Everything else is quite utilitarian and comfortable. The fit is loose enough not to constrict and shoes are usually ample to accommodate one's feet without the need to remove toes.

OTOH, women's clothing is often works of art that can be worn on one's body. Yes, there are comfy things like yoga pants and t-shirts, but many things like dresses and skirts are more trouble to wear. They may be more constricting or require more attention and maintenance from the wearer. That sexy off-the-shoulder top looks great, but one has to keep an eye on it to preserve modesty. Same with short skirts and other articles of clothing. There are few high heel shoes that can be called even moderately comfortable and most of the truly stylish ones certainly make walking a challenge. How many men carry band-aids just in case their shoes decide to attack their feet?

That said, I think that this advice columnist needs to educate herself a bit on TG issues. The answer she gave touches on the reality of our situation but it does not tell the complete story.

sometimes_miss
10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
I was reading a Dear Annie column in a news paper today and there was a question that began "Why do people make a big deal out of men who are crossdressers" Her response to the complete questions was "Women who wear men's clothing generally do so because it is more comfortable. Men who wear women's clothing, which is decidedly less comfortable, often do so beacuse it gives them a sexual thrill or satisfies some emotional need".
^ the highlighted section. Women wear men's clothes because they're not so tight and don't restrict their movement.

So do you CD/TG or even you GG's out there agree with her statement that women's clothes are decidedly less comfortable?
I have to say that I don't agree with her. My first thought was what is she wearing and where is she buying it that her clothes make her feel so uncomfortable. Malybe I am off base but one of the reasons I left the "professional" world was how uncomfortable I found wearing suits and ties. I have also found it pretty difficult all my life to find a pair of jeans that really fit me all that well.

Just like women who wear a lot of uncomfortable things, if you don't shop for your clothes carefully none of it will be comfortable. I used to find most male clothing uncomfortable too, until I got a custom made suit. Outrageously expensive, never bought another, but it showed me how men's dress clothes should fit. And that suit was the most comfortable that I've ever owned. Most guys buy off the rack suits, which don't fit, so they seem to be restrictive to move in. You suit should not fit like that. Neither should your shirts; too many guys get their shirts done for them and wind up with stiff and/or stiff and cheap fabrics.
My men's clothes are VERY comfortable to wear. As mentioned above, it's the emotional connection that causes the problems (I always feel like I'm in the wrong clothes when dressed as a guy, but when I'm busy, it's not noticeable).
Women's clothes are often tight, figure hugging/revealing items, and not initially made for comfort, appearance is the primary aim. There's no one who can convince me that high heels are more comfortable than a pair of well worn in wingtips. Stockings are not more comfortable than a nice thick pair of athletic socks, which are now available in dark blue, brown and black, so I can wear them with dress shoes. Underwear, Dockers came out with nice soft, supple cotton briefs which out class all the major brands.

AFA work clothes, they're made to last, not for comfort. If they're comfortable, that's a plus. But they're not designed with that as the primary goal. Stiff denim is a PITA.

rorylm
10-02-2013, 07:46 AM
It used to be about the erotic feel of wearing female underwear...panties, bra, stockings, pantyhose......but now days it's more of a comfort thing for me. I've worn men's briefs for years either Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. While comfortable enough they do not compare to the comfort I've found wearing something like a Bali 803J microfiber brief. Those things are just plain wonderful...light no bumps...only one seam, probably the most comfortable underwear ever. I did wear boxers for a brief while during flight school in the Navy....hated them!!!!!

Bottom line....I disagree with Dear Annie....wearing women's clothing does not give me a sexual thrill or satisfies some emotional need for me.

freeindress
10-02-2013, 08:16 AM
The thrill (sexual or not, just bending or breaking unwritten rules) disappeared after having seen a few women wearing the same skirt, swimsuit or shoes I am wearing or have in my closet.
When not wearing work clothes, the wider choice of colors found in womens clothing is an emotional need.

Allison Quinn
10-02-2013, 08:28 AM
This girl obviously has not worn a skirt or a nice dress ;o
I've only worn a few dresses and every single one has been comfy.
Sure some things are not the most comfortable but really it's the same with men's clothes as some things are also not comfortable there. That's a silly answer xD

Lacyfem
10-02-2013, 09:31 AM
I just think it's whatever you're comfortable in and I'm fine in either as do love to dress fem when I can because I love being fem and do find it sexually arousing also... However, the other day I did play golf and the only thing I had on was a delightful thong and being it was hot I did notice how the air would go up my shorts and feel cool on my exposed cheeks which was comforting and arousing. I had a good round but only wish I could have put on a nice short skirt and top to go with the thong.

mariehart
10-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes of course Dear Annie is right if you stick to stereotypes. Certainly you won't be the most comfortable tottering down the street in a pair of six inch heels, with stockings, a tight skirt and top, an uplift bra and wearing enough make up to surface the driveway of your house. But comfort is not the goal here.

Same with men's suits. They're supposed to create an impression not feel good.

But I do think that women's clothes generally are more comfortable, certainly they're softer particularly underwear excluding bras of course but even they get comfortable with wear.

Oddly enough to prove my point. I changed out of my uncomfortable men's clothes just a short time ago and dressed in my comfort clothes which are in fact female even though they look male at first glance. Annie would be surprised. But she's right about one thing it does fulfil an emotional need.

arbon
10-02-2013, 12:09 PM
One thing I will say is that I increasingly find bras uncomfortable to wear all day.

carhill2mn
10-02-2013, 12:51 PM
The only time that I think men's clothes might be more comfortable is when doing hard physical labor. Even then there are similar women's clothes that would work just as well.

For everyday living I think that women's clothes are not only more comfortable but more fun to wear! I especially prefer skirts over pants. On hot days a light-weight "patio dress" (or equivalent) is certainly more comfortable to wear than any of my male clothes!

There are also so many more choices and options. Christmas and Easter were always hard for me. I would see my wife and daughters get to wear all of these pretty things and I would be wearing the same things that I wore to work every day.

The statement re: "sexual thrill or excitement" is a long-held belief by many. Very probably this was true for many when they first began wearing women's clothes, etc. However, IMHO, this effect lessens over time and becomes a quite insignificant for many. This was the case for me. For many years this has not been a part of my wanting/needing to present as a woman.

Mink
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
The statement re: "sexual thrill or excitement" is a long-held belief by many. Very probably this was true for many when they first began wearing women's clothes, etc. However, IMHO, this effect lessens over time and becomes a quite insignificant for many. This was the case for me. For many years this has not been a part of my wanting/needing to present as a woman.

maybe true for those here at first... but i would guess in the greater world out there of crossdressers that are more under the radar and less in touch with the "softer" side of this... would be heavily sexual and it continuing on no matter how much they do it...

those are the people they are talking about... not so much the type we see here!

surely this is clear!

UNDERDRESSER
10-02-2013, 02:19 PM
There's truth on both sides of this.

I started wearing female garments because of the sexual/sensual thrill, and there is still some of that. Part of the thrill was the close contact that stretchy wear gives, back then menswear didn’t have any stretch, didn't exist as such, apart from the more daring swimwear, and maybe some sports stuff. Part of it was, yes, the taboo aspect of wearing stuff I wasn't supposed be wearing.

As time progressed, particularly after I came to North America, and found men's slips, or plain bikini briefs, harder to find, I realized that a number of female items, panties, in particular, much more comfortable to wear. Better fabrics, nicer colours, shape seemed to fit me better as well.

Lately, after coming out to my GF, and being a bit more relaxed in my own mind about this "habit." I have been thinking about what's behind some of my behaviour. I am spending much more time thinking about my clothing, how it hangs, how it shows my body, function, and technical aspects. I work retail, in a market where the technical performance of clothing can be a high priority. These days the way clothes work for me is becoming of ever higher importance. Finding and choosing shorts that fit me, hang well on my frame, right length etc. is proving difficult, last Winter I basically lived in a pair of women's tech pants. I had this excuse that they were on sale and the men's weren't, but I found they fitted me better. The size 14s just sat near perfect on my hips, the shape showed my butt nicely without being too tight, and the more tapered leg suited my feelings about the look. I was going to buy some women's shorts last month, because they were the only ones that had the length I wanted, and they fitted me perfectly without a belt. However, I found a batch of dirt cheap shorts in a thrift shop, men's, and because they were out of fashion, the length was right too. I am slightly disappointed, I liked the idea of walking round in the ladies ones.

Skirts now, I understand some women don't like them, partly because they don't like the connotations. The implied vulnerability, the sense that they are expected, to wear them to display, the potential for exposure, and the "coldness." For me, these are plus points. I like the sense of "access," the implied vulnerability. I might be thinking differently about that as a woman, but at my height and weight, and living in a fairly safe environment, I don't have that problem. The display aspects are a plus, exposure I don't care about, though I don't go commando, and I don't like people to think I'm flaunting myself excessively. The freshness aspect is a big comfort plus in my book, and there is a very strong argument to be made that skirts work better for guys. I'm still experimenting, but I think thicker stockings, with a longer skirt, are actually warmer than pants. I like the snug feeling of stockings, whereas pants can feel restricting. I think it is because the stockings are in contact, but moving with you. Pants have the problem of being close, but always moving against you. This is very much a personal preference, but is somewhat to do with how much, and how, you move.

So, yes, there is a sexual aspect, but for me, mostly, it's no more than a woman dressing for looks. I would say that it's mostly about various aspects of comfort. All of this is viewed from the perspective of a man who isn't trying to look like a woman, but depending on your point of view, is trying to show some aspects that can be said to be feminine.

CynthiaD
10-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I think that skirts and dresses are a thousand times more comfortable than pants. I wear pants out of necessity, not for comfort. Dressing does nothing for me sexually. In fact I become almost asexual when I'm dressed. I dress to look and feel normal, not for a thrill.

Brenda456
10-02-2013, 08:08 PM
The girl clothes I wear are softer and prettier than any of my guy stuff.

juliew
10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
My women's clothes are much more comfortable but in my line of work most of them are just not durable enough. Comfort vs. budget and budget usually wins.

garfield9951
10-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I would take a skirt or dress anytime over men's clothes if peiple didn't care what we wore in public.

Dena
10-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Men's clothes can be more comfortable depending on what you may be doing. Yardwork, working on a car, etc...

Dressing as a woman makes me feel more civilized somehow.

Maryesther M.
10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm firmly in the LynnMarie camp and require my femme clothes to hug my 'figure' where it flatters and swirl & swing or blow in the wind where appropriate.

Being an unshaven Neanderthal I need to do the cover-up thing, which generally means long sleeves and double tights, which effectively rules serious CD-ing out in High Summer temps. October is near-perfect and I can prance about in very comfortable femme panties which hold my tights up all day, no problem.

The other 'problem' is wearing the (for me) obligatory wig, which I personally like to be long & wavy. A/ they get in the way when I eat, and B/ they snag my dangly earrings, the sort I like to wear. I suppose I could tie the hair back when eating and perhaps arrive at a style which allowed the earrings free fall, so to speak.
All this experimentation is in the future........Exciting!

I HATE Jeans. Drab for me is suits & tie for my Profession, or shorts & tees when hot & trews & pullies when cold....I 'underdress' very often, i.e. panties & tights under.

M.

~Joanne~
10-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Her comment about crossdressers, though, sounds like a definition from a psychology textbook from 50 years ago.

This is what I thought also. Nothing like someone writing an advice column and not knowing what they are talking about and repeating a misconception from 50 years ago.

Personally, i find that my prettier clothes fit me better and are way more comfortable than my ugly clothes. let's not even bring in the style choices, colors, or fabrics because the ugly clothes are all the same make, different company.

DonnaA
10-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Why can't you have it all ways and enjoy every aspect of it? Yes, wearing women's clothing gives me sexual arousal. And yes, I find it more comfortable than wearing men's clothing. And yes, it brings out the feminine side of me. Etc., etc. Why can't you have your cake and eat it too? That column gives decades-old advice. It shows how ignorant people were back then. Hopefully, that ignorance is lessening.

And even if crossdressing does give some men sexual arousal, what is wrong with that? I can think of far worse things that men can do to get sexual arousal. I would think that putting on satin panties and pantyhose/stockings is harmless compared to some other things.

Terrylynn
10-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Women's clothing is much more comfortable as long as I don't want to look like a woman. Once you start with bra, wig, makeup, heels, etc. comfort goes right out the window.

Jill Devine
10-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Depends on the items
Skirt + blouse + ballet flats vs men's suite, tie and hard shoes?
Or
6 inch heels + skin tight dress vs men's track pants, T-shirt and sneakers.

No simple answer.

Zylia
10-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Her comment about crossdressers, though, sounds like a definition from a psychology textbook from 50 years ago.
I think it's actually a pretty accurate description given the fact that it's only a dozen words long.

Janet Bern
10-19-2013, 12:35 PM
if you think mens clothes are more comfortable you should start wearing womans panties (bali, vanityfair, or jockey,
Then if you are sitting around in a night shirt try slipping on a half slip under it...
Those are really comfortable

Jackie7
10-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Of course it is different for different occasions and body types, and much as I enjoy the tight embrace of full foundation garments, after a few hours they are not exactly comfortable.. But for me, men's trousers are very uncomfortable with my middle-aged belly and narrow hips- I have to tighten the belt over my old mans bladder or else my trousers are liable to fall down. But a dress with an empire waist, ahhh so comfortable. Maybe in guy mode I should be wearing farmer- style overalls or baggy pants with braces. Ugh.
Bald as I am, I usually wear a hat indoors and out, summer and winter. Or a wig. I often forget which I am wearing, they feel the same on my head, and i must remember to check. My wife finds this quite amusing.
She loves the many pockets in men's clothes. I think pockets are lumpy and baggy, and prefer a smallish purse. To each her own, lol.

daviolin
10-21-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't look at as men or women's clothes. I wear what is comfortable and proper for the occasion. I mix and match my feminine and masculine clothes to suit my fancy. Daviolin

JenniferR771
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
And, Daviolin...that sweater looks very comfortable for a chilly day, like today.
Myself, I used to get an erotic thrill from wearing women's clothing--wig, and heels too. In recent years, the thrill is less, I am comfortable enough, and I look nice (IMHO).
After all, the goal is not comfort or I would wear women's slacks and loafers and skip the makeup. When I look in the mirror what I see is the goal. It comes from inside somewhere.

GeorgeA
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I hate trousers and always remove them as soon as I get home. Skirts, on the other hand are so comfortable that I wish I could go out wearing them on a regular basis. As I do not emulate women, it would look bizarre for a bearded man wearing a skirt in the outside world.

Ayame
11-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Both men and women's clothing can be comfortable or uncomfortable depending on what you are wearing, and the material it is made out of.

Wendi_cd
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Old thread I know, but I find most of my girl clothes more comfortable than male clothes.

Thin panties and a narrow elastic band = way more comfortable than man shorts!
A skirt vs pants, no question skirts are more comfortable.
2" pumps are easier to wear all day than work boots that are 5 lbs each.
If your bra is uncomfortable you are probably wearing the wrong size.

Sorry girl clothes win every time.

windycissy
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
I have walked in downtown Chicago on a hot summer day in nothing but a bra, panties, sundress and sandals, and pitied the guys in their suits, ties and wingtips...the winter, on the other hand, is a nightmare in a dress or skirt, but no woman in her right mind would wear one if she can avoid it.

Caitlin_85
11-03-2013, 05:17 PM
I think men's and women's clothes are both comfortable but in different ways. Men's clothes are generally loose providing roomier comfort. The women's clothes I like fit more snugly, which gives me a feeling of security, like being hugged. I enjoy wearing women's clothes because it makes me feel better than I've ever felt and not really in a sexual way.

I agree with you and this is pretty much how I view the comparison. The only thing I like more about women's clothing is the fact that the fabric is softer and just better feeling to me when I have it on. Obviously, if I had the choice I would always wear girls clothing however.

Judith96a
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm perfectly comfortable in male clothes. And I'm even more comfortable in a dress or a skirt! Even a corset is comfy in its own way.

Nickie
11-04-2013, 12:53 AM
For sure its more comfortable but the weird part is when Im en femme it doesnt matter what Im wearing it all feels comfortable because I just feel so sexy haha

Wildaboutheels
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
SOME women have a shape that is more typical of a male. [Trust me I live in Florida...aka The Sunshine State where skin is on display practically year round]

I imagine for many of them, some men's clothes might just fit better.

Better fit = better comfort. To me at least.

jennigrace
12-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I totally think that women's clothing is much more comfortable. The feeling of paties is so much nicer than men's briefs or boxers.

NathalieX66
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Bras are not comfortable.

Tina_gm
12-20-2013, 05:31 PM
womens jeans tend to feel more comfortable for me. lighter material, usually a little softer, snug fitting. Some silky shirts feel more comfortable. Skirts and the freedom it gives is definitely comfortable. Some dresses which go into that category, although some likely not. Women's shoes..... what so many of us (myself included) love most are high heels. Are they truly more comfortable than men's shoes hehe, We know the answer to this, but we love to wear them for reasons other than their comfort. There are some mens shirts that I do feel very comfortable in. Even some suits I can feel comfortable in if they really fit well. And dress pants can feel comfortable too.

KayleeTaylor
12-20-2013, 05:35 PM
All my women's clothing I have has at least 10% spandex in the fabric. The men's counterparts don't have spandex in them. I have never found mens jeans that have spandex, shirts are very few and far between. All mens underwear has an incredibly harsh waistband, etc

Spandex=Stretchiness=comfort.

Stephanie Julianna
12-20-2013, 08:14 PM
If I never had to wear men's cut pants again I'd be the happiest person in the world. Since I wear sweaters or T shirts all the time I now almost exclusively wear woman's stretch jeans. they are more comfortable and ride at my real waist and not where people think a man's waist is. Since I've done this I have actually gotten rid of that man tire and trained my waist to be higher. I now have nicer hips. My girl close fit better and I feel better.

Janice An
12-21-2013, 06:05 AM
For a very long time I have felt that skirts should have always been for males and pants for females.

My reasoning has to do with human anatomy below the waist. Its obvious that pants are a better fit for females and skirts or dresses would be alot more comfortable for males.

donnalee
12-21-2013, 07:07 AM
I agree with the above. I don't go out dressed under normal circumstances. At home I dress 24/7 and can't wait to get home so I can change into a dress or skirt; it's the only time I really feel comfortable.

Dawn Gurl
12-21-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm on the female clothes are more comfortable side. Given the choice, I would definitely wear my fem clothes all the time.
I under dress all the time, would never go back to men's tighty whiteys!

JohnH
12-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I found nothing beats a maxi-dress when I was removing fence post stumps with a 1.8 m (6 ft) steel bar with the help of a sledgehammer. The wood had rotted and I had to replace them with steel posts and poured concrete bases. This is when the temperature was about 37 deg C (99 deg F). It felt good to have the garment hang from my shoulders and not have any underwear on. It also felt good to have the air come up underneath.

And I really do no like to wear pants in any way, shape, or form when I am sleeping.

Johanna (John)

Janet Bern
12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
If you think that men are more comfortable in mens clothes then they havent worn a Vanity Fair skip to bed
They havent worn Skimp Scamp or Victoria Secret briefs
They havent worn Pantyhose with a skirt and shaved legs
The only thing I agree with is that bras are more uncomfortable than a tee shirt

Karen__Starr
12-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Personally the main thing for me with male pants is they actually have pockets but pass that I can wear male or female and feel perfectly at home yet tend to wear tight female jeans 90% of the time and the remaining times will wear my one pair of male trousers because I need the pockets.

HelenR2
01-02-2014, 02:38 PM
I have some microfibre knickers that are so light you can barely feel them. They are like wearing newly-spun cobwebs and fairy dust.

SilkeeLegs
01-02-2014, 02:41 PM
I hate mens clothes!!! lol!!

GemmaK
01-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I started wearing women's jeans and knickers because they were more comfortable and the jeans in particular fitted much better. I shaved my body for the first time about 8 years ago, and was hooked on the fit and feel of the hold-ups and tights. Today, I have one very old pair of "male" jeans, and all the others including all dressy jeans are womens. In general, the only male clothing I wear is shirts, t-shirts, jumpers, and the like. Much male clothing feels coarser, and doesn't fit well. Part of this is fashion - I've never liked baggy and crotch around the knees styles - but part seems to be what is expected in terms of materials. Having had to wear suits for most of my working life, I really try to steer clear of formality or conservative casual in my own time. I'd rather wear surf t-shirts and sweats with tight jeans or denim shorts.

silkysheer
01-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I love the feel of blouses and skirts hanging off my body. Men's clothing to restrictive.

Aprilrain
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I have to politly disagree with the columnists assertion that clothing marketed towards women is "decidedly less comfortable", it all depends on what your wearing. I don't own any male clothing anymore and I'm sure if I wore some it would be quite strange for me to do so and I'd feel foolish wearing a guys jeans and tee shirt out in public. Even though it might be phisically quite comfy it would be psychologically uncomfortable for me but then again i care about what inlook like. I usually wear skirts or dresses, sometimes jeans. I find jeans to be the least comfortable of the three, that's just me.

laciewhite
01-03-2014, 05:48 AM
generally speaking i find men's clothes more comfortable. i don't think i'd ever want to crossdress full-time. being a man does have many advantages. i can just get up in the morning throw some water on my face, put on a fresh t-shirt and jeans and nobody gives a damn.

when i crossdress i spend ages making myself look presentable and if i did that everyday i just wouldn't get anything else done!

and besides, i don't wear women's clothes for comfort. in many ways the awkwardness and DIScomfort is all part of the turn-on. you think i hobble around in a stretch miniskirt, 6" heels and g-string for COMFORT?? i dress like that because it makes me feel incredibly, orgasmically sexy. end of story.

annecwesley
01-03-2014, 05:58 AM
I can only think of the rarest occasion (climbing trees or ship's rigging) when pants would be more comfortable than a skirt.

Kagji
01-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Depends. I find that the right clothes for either gender are comfortable. For example, when CD I prefer skirts and form-fitting t-shirts. When not(which is more frequent for now) I prefer some loose fit jeans, a loose but not baggy t-shirt and a jean jacket with a hood

EllenJo
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Well time for my 2 cents. For me women's clothes are more comfortable but that may be because of the styles I choose. I have very comfy men's lounge pants and tee shirts but they do not compare to a light knee length skirt with a silk blouse. Nylon panties cannot be beat for silkiness and the thin waist band stopped me from having skin problems from when I wore tighty whitey's. A proper fitting bra is like it is not there, the same with pantyhose that give me leg support and as long as I stay away from control tops, they are awesome. Just about all of my female clothes have some spandex which makes them light and stretchy. My wife loves to lounge around in my big tee shirts and I lounge around in a skirt. Go figure.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

jennloves55
01-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I am a lot more comfortable in a dress. Dresses seem to be less restrictive when doing housework. They tend to be easier on your skin than denim and they fit better than most guys clothes. Also, is there anything any more comfortable than a silky nightgown?

Melissa_59
01-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Comfort, like many other things in life, is purely subjective. Most days when working from home I'll either be in my frumpy track pants and a hugely oversized sweater or shorts and a t-shirt, depending on the season (most hot out here in west Texas). I'll usually have my bra and forms on underneath and my wig and earrings as well. I wouldn't be caught outside my front door like that for anything, I hate it when people appear slovenly in public. Not saying you need to wear an evening dress to Walmart but ditch the flip flops and take a bath for the love of mud.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes! Most days I'm dressed pretty sloppily but I have days where I'll get dressed up nice, it all depends on my mood. But "guy clothes being more comfortable than women's clothes?" No, I don't think so myself. When I'm dressed either way, I don't sit around constantly thinking "I have pants on / I have a skirt on..." etc. While I'm working (at least), clothes are the last thing on my mind.

Shoes are another issue, it's hard to find shoes for hooves like mine...

marci_x
01-03-2014, 11:56 AM
I would vote for women's clothes, much better fabric and room!

Vanessa5
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
I find that, depending on the cut and material, most womens clothe fit my shape better. Jeans are the most prevalent. Mens clothes are either way to tight or just hanging off me. My shape is more congruent with female attire than male. I still have to try things on but I have found womens just fit better and are more comforatable for me.

Leanna Jean
02-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Women's clothes are much more comfortable. Besides there are so many more options, colors, accessories, shoes, belts, purses to name a few. Mens' clothes are like uniforms. Even on days where I spend shopping in dress and heels I have no desire to undress as soon as I come home I enjoy being pretty!

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Maybe I missed something, but I would abandon all forms of male clothing in .008 seconds and convert all to female...

That is just me...... comfort or not...

V

Vikky
02-10-2014, 09:54 AM
When I first wore a full set of women's clothes I was surprised how light they all are. There are also more colour/pattern options.

The downside is the bits and pieces of bra straps/garters etc, but they are part of the charm and thrill of crossdressing.

Vikki

bridget thronton
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Dresses of all variety are so much more comfortable than any of the dwindling set of male clothing I have left

Adriana Moretti
02-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I find mens clothes more comfortable too ( Im in sweatpants all day in guy mode) ...but no where near as much fun!

Caden Lane
02-10-2014, 12:19 PM
When you want to get an answer to a question, you ask the source. It sounded like Dear Annie made some pretty brash assumptions without being bothered to source anything. Personal e perience notwithstanding, I know women who've never had a proper bra fitting, still wear them wrong, and still complain about comfort.

I tend to find femme attire very comfortable and comforting. Mens clothing is too coarse,cut wrong and too generic.

Stephanie47
02-10-2014, 12:34 PM
My male clothes are just fine. When I worked as a professional in a professional environment I wore a shirt, tie, slacks, dress shoes and a jacket. At home it has always been jeans. When the jeans got thread worn I cut off the legs and made shorts out of them. There is nothing like wearing a cut of pair of jeans, sweat socks, a ripped tee shirt and athletic shoes. Of course, my wife refuses to take me any place when I'm in the ripped up jeans. It all depends of the mood. I can understand having a preference or aversion to certain fabrics. I love my nylon slips and panties, but, would never be comfortable wearing comparable nylon male briefs or shirts. Nylon does not work well when sweating. To be it's all about mood and functionality. I've never met a woman who enjoys wearing hosiery or a bra on hot days with high humidity. Outside of that there is nothing different between male and female attire.

LenGray
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Personally, I feel that mens clothing is much more comfortable than womens :)

It's a more heavy fabric that doesn't get torn as easily. Also mens jeans have a bit more room in the crotch area...I still button my pants at the bellybutton and sometimes with girl pants it pinches horribly around the 'sensitive areas', or results in the dreaded 'camels toe', when you sit or try to pull your pants up over your hips.

Men's shirts, also, are more comfortable for me because I have rather broad shoulders for a woman. With most womens shirts the shoulders are narrow and result in my shirt riding up constantly when I'm trying to reach up for something. Sometimes they are so narrow that I can't even lift my arms enough to reach something on a high shelf unless I buy a size or two bigger than what I really need, which usually isn't very flattering lol So, mens shirts for me, please =^_^=

Bryn
02-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Woman's shirts are more comfortable, and really tight shirts in general. They just fit my body better.

It's a more heavy fabric that doesn't get torn as easily. Also mens jeans have a bit more room in the crotch area...I still button my pants at the bellybutton and sometimes with girl pants it pinches horribly around the 'sensitive areas', or results in the dreaded 'camels toe', when you sit or try to pull your pants up over your hips.

How does that even work, buttoning your pants at the bellybutton? No trying to be rude lol I just honestly never see people wear their pants that high.

LenGray
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
lol Is is really that odd? ^_^; The main reason I wore them that high was so that I wouldn't get the 'muffin top' so common among chunky gals. If you wear them high, then you get a smoother and curvier look lol

I don't think it's been a popular thing to do for a long time though lol I rarely, if ever, see anyone else wear their pants that way either

MsVal
02-10-2014, 07:13 PM
My male jeans are thicker and provide better protection from the cold wind than my female jeans. In that context, men's clothes (jeans) are much more comfortable.

Best wishes
MsVal

Georgina
02-10-2014, 07:21 PM
I work in a motor car workshop so women's clothes would not be very practical. I am comfortable in my work clothes so, in the evenings, I am not going to change into "something more uncomfortable" I layer up when I wear women's clothes and I find this comfortable as well. I don't think that there is much difference in comfort if you wear the right clothes in the correct sizes.

Tina B.
02-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Both have comfortable sides to them, for years I wore coveralls to work, they where comfortable, loose and baggy. Then we went to pants and shirt, OK, but not near as comfortable and roomy. But on the other side, come on, how can you compare a pair of jeans to a full skirt for comfort. (closeted, often don't feel the need for all of that padding.) Or a pair of leggings to jeans. Even jeans to jeans, I find the girls jeans win hands down, I like the lighter fabric, and the stretchy feel of them.
Tee's women's softer fabric happier colors, and a cute fit, girls still win.
Oh, and I'll take a night gown over PJ's hands down. But then we do have a different slant on the subject.
Besides, whats more comfortable than wearing what matches how you feel in side.

Jennifer Devine
02-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I find women's clothes much more comfortable!
Hate wearing shirts but love open neck blouses because of the lighter fabric and you dont have to tuck them in. When I have dressed as a woman, I always wear what makes me feel like a powerful sexy woman and I do get a thrill from it because of how good the clothes make me feel but some women seem to look good in everything.

kristalcarlisle33
02-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I find women's clothes to be sooooooo much more comfortable. For me there simply isn't anything more comfortable than a dress or a skirt and a soft blouse. And as far as undergarments go, panties are so much more comfortable than boxers.

I guess it's hard to separate the fact that dressing en femme makes me feel better about myself and so I suppose that might might bias me a bit, but women's clothes are the best!

Michelle V
02-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Men's clothes are more comfortable to me but so is wearing PJs, there is just nothing to it,

AnnaBMarie
02-12-2014, 06:10 PM
My SO once told me she thought short skirts and dresses were uncomfortable. I couldn't figure this out since I felt my own skirts were incredibly comfy and easy to get around in. Then she explained the lack of "comfort" had to do with always being aware of where your legs and the hems were so you weren't flashing your panties. From that standpoint it seemed she might be correct. From a tactile perspective, I'd go with girls clothes every time.

julie marie1
02-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Are women's clothes less comfortable? Sure they are, there is no comparison between wearing heals and wearing loafers.
But that isn't the point. Wearing my usual clothes is just wearing clothes. But dressing enfemme, in a nice dress, heels and makeup is just a different world. You can't explain it to a guy that doesn't agree.

Katey888
02-13-2014, 04:03 AM
There is nothing like wearing a cut of pair of jeans, sweat socks, a ripped tee shirt and athletic shoes. Of course, my wife refuses to take me any place when I'm in the ripped up jeans.

Ha - Ha! It's not just me... Thank you Steph... that pretty much describes me as well. And you're right about all those artificial fibres in hot weather... noooo, sorry. My 100% cotton boxers will do me nicely for practicality, thank you...

But then Adriana probably has the last word...

I find mens clothes more comfortable too ( Im in sweatpants all day in guy mode) ...but no where near as much fun!

Horses for courses, I suppose... :D

Katey x

TessaGirl
02-13-2014, 04:26 AM
I find women's clothes to be sooooooo much more comfortable. For me there simply isn't anything more comfortable than a dress or a skirt and a soft blouse. And as far as undergarments go, panties are so much more comfortable than boxers.

I guess it's hard to separate the fact that dressing en femme makes me feel better about myself and so I suppose that might might bias me a bit, but women's clothes are the best!

Dresses don't interest me much, but skirts are more comfortable than
any trousers, especially in summer. Boxers are horrible IMO, I used to wear slips/y-fronts not them. Otherwise perhaps not a huge difference except that some male t-shirts/tops seem very tight-necked. I much prefer lower/scoop necks. These apparently exist in male versions, but are mainly female clothing.

sometimes_miss
02-13-2014, 02:41 PM
In a nutshell, women's clothing is less comfortable physically, but we simply feel more comfortable wearing them. Ta-dah!

eddiegae
02-16-2014, 06:33 PM
lol, i wish i had THAT problem! I have no hips or butt so woman's pants fit me slightly better than mens but fall off just as easily!

Alana Lucerne
02-16-2014, 06:46 PM
it's a non-argument. Some men's clothes are comfortable some aren't. Same with women's clothing.

Now, how we feel emotionally when we wear a particular piece of clothing.... That is a more complicated question. I've never felt comfortable wearing a corset, but I love wearing one. On the other hand I am not comfortable wearing a tie and I hate wearing one. I also have men's clothing that I really do enjoy wearing. A loose dress on a hot day is wonderful. A flannel shirt on a cold day is a great thing.

Alana

Beverley Sims
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
I really wonder what sort of response you expect from the "converted". :)

Karmen
02-17-2014, 12:36 PM
As said before, there are comfortable clothes for both gender, but at least I prefer more sexy female clothes that are usually not very comfortable. On the other hand when I'm in male mode I usually wear comfortable clothes like jeans, t-shirts, jackets etc.

devida
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
If wearing women's clothes reflect your gender identity at the time wouldn't they feel more comfortable? On the other hand if you're feeling masculine or maybe just butch wouldn't men's clothes feel more comfortable? I can't wear dresses or skirts when I'm working because the machines I use could catch on them, which would be awful. But I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I can get out of them and into a dress or tunic. But every now and then the opposite is true. So I don't think it's just the clothes. I feel really comfortable in a bra but do I feel that because the bra is a comfortable item of clothing? Hardly. But a bra is a key to my feeling comfortable because it creates a feeling of femininity that I want to have.

Barbara Jo
02-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Susan Brownmiller in her book "Femininity" made an interesting observation about femininity and female clothes.

Her contention is that part of femininity in our society is being to able to function in restrictive female clothing and shoes and relish the restrictions.
In reality, it's a bit of self imposed light bondage imposed by the feminine clothing that women who want to be truly feminine in our society enjoy to one extent or another.

So, in that respect, are many of us here that different ? :)