PDA

View Full Version : Thought it was funny.

Maria 60
10-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Last week my mother in law dropped in to talk to my wife, my wife has been working longer hours so I get home first so I have been preparing dinner. Last night my in-laws were in the area so they dropped by. I seen my wife was tired and under the weather so I prepared the coffee and cut cake and served them. My mother-inlaw turns to my wife and tells her "what's going on here, last week I came over and he was cooking dinner and now tonight he's serving us coffee and cake, looks like you married the perfect women". My wife turns to her mother and said" more then you will ever know mom, more then you will ever know". I thought it was funny and wanted to share a laugh with my friends here.

Maria in heels
10-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Maria...that is a great story! Little does she know....

Jolene Robertson
10-02-2013, 05:11 AM
That was cute! :heehee: Did you blush (even a little)? :o

Marcia Blue
10-02-2013, 07:09 AM
I love it. A little inside joke is always fun.

samanthasolo
10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
HMMMMM! That is very cute, and funny! Now if you only let the cat out of the bag next time they come over by being all done up to the hilt, serving dinner, then desert! I wonder what the after dinner conversation would be like? OH MY!!!! Lol!!!!

Lynn Marie
10-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Cute story. I've used that line myself. I not only worked, but I also cleaned better and did laundry and ironing better than my ex wife who didn't work! All that and car maintenance and yard work as a bonus. Okay fine, so my cooking is only so so. I'd still make a fine bride!

SherriePall
10-02-2013, 08:01 AM
You mean you weren't serving the coffee and cake while wearing heels?

vallerie lacy
10-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Some women have a way with words

Alice Torn
10-02-2013, 08:11 AM
:devil::oThat is really hilarious!

Allison Quinn
10-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Paha those situations are quite funny actually xD I love them :P

Beverley Sims
10-02-2013, 09:03 AM
I had someone call me Beverley the other day.
They did it in jest. :)

linda allen
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Her response is likely to get your in-laws wondering. They may ask her to explain. What then?

JustWendy
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM
It was a cute response by your wife, but I agree with Linda - there's an obvious follow-up question here that if your MIL didn't ask, it must have been going through her mind.

Wendy

Jaymees22
10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Cute story, it's nice your wife has a sense of humor about it. Sometime my wife gets embarrassed about me doing the cooking and clean up when we have company but not enough to do it. Hugs Jaymee

SometimesJen
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Great story Maria. :) I wonder what they'd think if they heard you were washing dishes and doing laundry too.

Kelliramerez
10-02-2013, 01:45 PM
That's such a cute story. I love it : ).

Sissy_Michelle
10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
My wife turns to her mother and said" more then you will ever know mom, more then you will ever know".

One: Do your in-laws know you dress?

Two: If they do not know, perhaps your wife is unhappy about your dressing and will soon tell them?

Or

Three: They were just poking fun at you to see how you would react.

Ms. Laura
10-02-2013, 02:41 PM
That IS funny. My wife makes those cracks all the time. It sort of shows acceptance through humor from your wife which always makes one feel good!

KatieV
10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Now if you could just serve that coffee in heels and hose!

Persephone
10-02-2013, 06:46 PM
So great that you and your spouse are having fun with your lifestyle, Maria!

Now if you could just serve that coffee in heels and hose!

I totally disagree! Hose can make great coffee filters, but they are terrible for serving in as they just leak all over the place. And while flats can hold a cup or more, heels are only good if you are serving expresso or champagne.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sarah Beth
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
That's a cute story gave me a chuckle. Then I wondered what if the next time you could be wearing a skirt and tell them you are just to be a better wife.

Cynthia Anne
10-02-2013, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Persephone;3310451]So great that you and your spouse are having fun with your lifestyle, Maria!

I totally disagree! Hose can make great coffee filters, but they are terrible for serving in as they just leak all over the place. And while flats can hold a cup or more, heels are only good if you are serving expresso or champagne.

That is too much! ha ha! Black hose for black coffee! Beige hose for creamer is a must!:brolleyes:

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi Maria I'll bet you almost split a gut to keep from busting out laughing.

lingerieLiz
10-02-2013, 09:50 PM
That is funny. A few years ago I was at a Halloween party where one of the guys was fully dressed. He could easily pass in his red slinky dress as he flirted around with everyone. Someone asked his wife if she helped him and she said "No it's his thing". I caught it, but none of the others did. He was WAY to comfortable in the outfit and moved in his heals with someone used to walking in them.

kimdl93
10-02-2013, 09:53 PM
My wife used to travel extensively for work and I made it a practice of having the cleaning done and a nice dinner for her when she got home after a trip. One of my female coworkers at the time said, 'you make a great wife'. I agreed.

Natalie Wood
10-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes very funny story Maria. I really love it when you and your spouse can share those secret insider comments around others. Sometimes its just a subtle look between each other when someone else says something that hits home too. I like to consider those "endearing moments."

Emogene
10-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Cute: You really know you have arrived when you are allowed to wash her clothing! :)

5150 Girl
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
My in-laws know and don't care. My Polar Bear call me her good wife in front of others

Brenda456
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Great story. Thanks for making me laugh!

Stephanie47
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Cute comeback by your wife. I'm retired and my wife still works. When I was still working we took turns. If I was burned out my wife picked up the slack. The reverse was true. Now I cheerfully do most of the laundry, bedding, vacuuming, dish washing, baking and cooking. It seems only natural. There is nothing unmanly about doing the domestic chores. Of course, I look like the woman of the 1950's- dress and heels when alone.

Tell your wife the next time your MIL makes that comment that "Maybe I should put a dress and heels on him" and give you a pat on the ass. On second thought, I see you're 53. Maybe your MIL would have a coronary! Probably your MIL is envious! A lot of my wife's coworkers are envious, especially when she heats up leftovers in the employee lounge.

NV Susan
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Very funny...I needed a good laugh today! :rofl: