PDA

View Full Version : It's not my fault, really...

ShelbyDawn
10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
So here we go again.
I officially completely quit dressing for the last time about three months ago.
I found good homes for all my stuff and completely quit. No, I mean it for real this time...
But you know, men's brief's just aren't as comfortable as my favorite VS panties, so when I got the 7 for 26 coupon in the mail, I figured, well, it couldn't hurt to just wear panties. I mean nobody will ever know about that, right?
And of course, I had to get some lacy ones, too, just because.
Then the "Woman Within" catalog came and for some reason, I opened it this time instead of just throwing it away... My favorite nightgowns were on sale.
Don't worry, I only ordered four.
I mean, I did quit dressing for the last time, for real, three months ago.
Now, regardless of whether I dress or not( I quit three months ago, by the way), I occasionally get my feet done due to some really bad callouses on my heels and some sort of skin thingy's on the sides of my feet.
Well, Cindy asked me if I wanted color yesterday and I said sure, that one looks pretty. I mean I didn't mean to. It just sort of came out...
Anyway, On the way home from work today, I stopped by JC Penny for some towels and just happened to see this really cute Liz Claiborne skirt ON SALE.

So, and you know where this is going, especially since I quit three months ago, for real, for the last time(this time)...
Here I sit at my computer in my cute Liz Claiborne skirt and VS panties with a beautiful shade of reddish orange polish on my toes.
But you know, I quit dressing, for real, for the last time three months ago...

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh, My... :)

Hope I made you giggle just a bit...

:hugs:
Shelby

Lynn Marie
10-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Okay, ha ha. Welcome back.

Jodie_Lynn
10-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm so happy for you that you were able to quit dressing! What was it, three months ago, I think? :)

And you're right, it's not your fault! Those darn catalogs and coupons and sales......

Julie Gaum
10-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Well done and well written --- got a good laugh too. Thank you.
Julie

Niya W
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM
[Irish ascent] Didn't they tell ya. Once you are in you can never leave.[/Irish ascent] The gals will be over shortly for a bra fitting.

Cynthia Anne
10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
It's great to hear that you quit for the last time; last time! Now you can really be you, since you will never quit again! Since last time again was the last time! NO MORE PURGING!!!

BLUE ORCHID
10-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi Shelby, Crossdressing is like the Mafia , You just can't quit.

Allesandra Rhodes
10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Yep sounds liked you kicked it to me :D

julia ann
10-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Sounds like me I have learned that it is much easier to quit quitting than it is to quit. So I don't quit anymore and things seem to go much better.:)

Gillian Gigs
10-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Yea, I quit quitting, it was easier on the pocket book. Now I need a bigger dresser and closet. LOL

Rachelakld
10-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Me too, I've given up quitting for good

AmyGaleRT
10-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Shelby, now you know what I've been saying: once the crossdressing bug gets into your veins, the only thing that will get it out again is embalming fluid! :D

The good news is, you don't need to quit again...just relax and enjoy it!

- Amy

AbigailAlexis
10-03-2013, 12:26 AM
So many ellipses! <3 I did giggle!

I think perhaps you stumbled into the trap... you know when you accidentally fell into the panties and skirt. The trap has me too, but I didn't fall in... I more or less dove. (Although... 7 pairs of VS panties seems like a little less than an accident and more of a dive too :p) I hope to see you and more ellipses around the forums :D

docrobbysherry
10-03-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm so jealous, Shelby! That u kicked the dressing habit 3 moths ago. I'm overwhelmed with preparing outfits/costumes for Halloween. And, I'm missing important football, baseball, and now hockey games! Crap!

If only I could quite cold turkey like u! Sigh!

paulaprimo
10-03-2013, 01:46 AM
quitting is easy...i do it all of the time :)

but then again, everyone hates a quitter!!

Kelley
10-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Wow Shelby I really admire you, people on this forum will say that you can't quit. Well you proved them wrong. Three months is a great start. Oh and You may want to look for some cute shoes to go with that skirt. Good luck I know you can do it.

Kelley

Tawne
10-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Cross dressing doesn't cause cancer, why quit? :P Nice joke though :)

stephNE
10-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Even though you're not a cross dresser any more, it's still ok to buy all those things-just don't try them on.

deebra
10-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Shelby you aren't alone, chain smokers quit 20 or 30 times a day and crossdressers quit every time they take off their girly clothes. What's more addicting, soft, sexy, colorful panties or a damn old stinky cigarette?

sometimes_miss
10-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Well, going on 5 months. I'm still a crossdresser, but won't crossdress, today. One day at a time. Now I understand how alcoholics feel........the urge is always there.

BLUE ORCHID
10-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Amy Gale , Shelby, now you know what I've been saying: once the crossdressing bug gets into your veins, the only thing that will get it out again is embalming fluid! :D

Hi Amy, That isn't going to be the end of cross dressing for me, I've picked out the dress that I want to be buried in when I GO.

EllenJo
10-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Shelby, I am so glad you were able to quit crossdressing 3 months ago. If you are like me it is really very easy to quit. I have done it many many times. I am actually getting good at quiting. Just remember the first rule of quiting. "don't purge"
With hugs and tongue firmly in cheek
Ellen Jo

Tina B.
10-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Shelby, how nice that you have been able to quit and take it so seriously, Oh, by the way, VS, Woman Within, and J.C. Penny's said to say thanks for the purge!

robindee36
10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh Shelby. You are not the first of us to travel this path, and likely not the last. Many times it has been suggested to purge to a storage tub. Tuck it away (the clothing silly) for the inevitable time you want to 'try things on again' ;)

As I see it there are two major flaws in purging, its expensive to replace things and lots of really nice things go bye bye never to return again ( I have yet to replace my noogleberry). However, there is at least one upside, you get to update the wardrobe. Perhaps stimulating the economy is a collateral benefit.

So long as you have fun with it, it would seem you are moving in the right direction. Well....perhaps with a few detours.

Hugs, Robin

vallerie lacy
10-03-2013, 09:47 AM
You must really be saving a lot of money since you quit

Sharon B.
10-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Instead of finding homes for your items may I suggest you buy some storage containers and just store you feminine items away, so the next time you quit you will still have your items. For when the urge comes back with or without the catalogs. Although it is fun to go shopping for the items you have mention.

SherriePall
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
It takes a great deal of will power to quit for the last time (for real). I have no will power. I can be walking by a shoe store and I have no will power (especially, if there are cute heels on display). I can't walk by a cosmetics counter without glancing at the new shades. OK, and stop and buy them. My will power leaves me whenever I see a dress that looks fine or a skirt or a top.
And three months? I don't think I have ever lasted three days!
Thanks for sharing and I did get a giggle out of it.

Kelliramerez
10-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I thought I was the only one who did this. lol this is just to funny!

Robbin_Sinclair
10-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Liz Claiborne skirt. A good choice. Style is everything. You know what they say in fashion, one day your in and the next day your out. The nice thing about cross dressing, you can do both, as many times as you want. My rule is to only purge the stuff you need to throw away anyway.

Beverley Sims
10-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Shelby,
It doesn't matter how often you quit, it is a bit like smoking really.
You just want to relax.

Caitlin_85
10-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I've probably purged my girlie things 3 times already...and finally I've just accepted this is something that I enjoy and want to do and I don't ever plan on quitting again.

I love all the clothes that I had and I wish I had a few of them back - that I gave away. :cry:

Tina_gm
10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, going on 5 months. I'm still a crossdresser, but won't crossdress, today. One day at a time. Now I understand how alcoholics feel........the urge is always there.Well, yes and no with alcoholics. Enough time can go by and you do lose the desire to drink, but it takes a long time, and every once in a great while, the desire may pop up, but the daily desire does go away. Of course there is always non alcoholic beer, to bad they don't make non women's women's clothes so that we could dress in women's clothes without actually crossdressing...

jodie k
10-04-2013, 01:04 PM
now, you've got to try and quit the forum.
jodie

Maria 60
10-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Your mom didn't raise no quitter. When it's in your blood it's in your blood. Good luck with the next last time.

Robbin_Sinclair
10-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, going on 5 months. I'm still a crossdresser, but won't crossdress, today. One day at a time. Now I understand how alcoholics feel........the urge is always there.

Not to make this an alcohol discussion, but it is kind of similar. For me, a true alcoholic, the urge may be there but the urgency of not picking up is bigger. When we dress, it is a whole different situation. For me, alcohol will alway be bad and cross dressing really is not.

Dressing complicates my life but I'm still the same person. I don't drink for me. I don't dress for them.

AimeeG
10-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Even though you're not a cross dresser any more, it's still ok to buy all those things-just don't try them on.

And if you try them on don't enjoy it. But if you enjoy it, don't smile.

ShelbyDawn
10-10-2013, 09:21 PM
>> Jodie,

That's just mean...
And besides, I have quit the forum twice... :)

But yet, here I am and so it goes... :)

I do think I am going to invest in some plastic tubs, though. for the next time I quit for the last time. LOL

:hugs:

Shelby