PDA

View Full Version : Not my color?

Suzanne F
10-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Today I stopped into a Nordstrom'a Rack to do a little shopping. I was hoping to buy a new top to wear out Friday night. I was in between appointments for work so I was in drab. I was looking at blouses when a woman pushed a shopping cart up near to me. I was minding my own business and had a white blouse held up considering its merits. The woman just blurts out "I don't think that is your color." I looked up somewhat startled and a little defensive. I just said, " I dont know about that."

The woman then looked at me and said it wasn't my style. I was not sure if she was just being mean or joking. I decided to relax and have a little fun. I again said, " I'm not sure about that." I then pulled out my phone. I showed her the same picture as my avatar. She said maybe that blouse was her style. I asked her if she recognized the girl. She said no. I told her it was me. She stared at me in disbelief. I assured her it was me.

Once she accepted that it was me things turned around.
She told me how great I looked and how wonderful it was that I dressed. She asked if I was a transvestite or a crossdresser. Finally she said her son and her bother were gay. I explained that I was a straight, married crossdresser. We finally did good bye and continues shopping!

Hugs
Suzanne

Rachelakld
10-03-2013, 02:23 AM
In the change room I find I often think the same when I try on a top, while wearing blue cargo work pants and steel toe caped boots and a 3 day old beard (like I did yesterday), maybe I'll go back in girl mode and try again to see if the color or style works.
Those conversations normally are fun, I always leave with a smile

Ms Jennifer
10-03-2013, 04:58 AM
I like to let them know the items are for me also. I have found the SA are more helpful when they can see what may look good on you.

BLUE ORCHID
10-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi Suzanne, You followed Rule #1 when shopping, ((Never let someone else take control of the situations)).

Jennifer Marie P.
10-03-2013, 08:00 AM
What a nasty woman.

robindee36
10-03-2013, 09:15 AM
All's well that ends well Suzanne. Sounds like standing your ground was the right thing to do, in this case. Curious to know, which we never will, what that lady was thinking in her original comments. Was she trying to be supportive in her suggestions or snarky? Oh well. Hope you found something nice.

Hugs, Robin

Kate Simmons
10-03-2013, 11:59 AM
It's always good when we can find nice folks to talk to Hon. :battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I suspect she was joking until you made the big reveal. It's interesting how positive her reaction was. I wonder if she was asking the question as a way of inquiring into your underlying interest in that blouse.

Suzanne F
10-03-2013, 01:08 PM
It did end up being positive! She couldn't believe it was me at first. Which I took as a compliment! I am so thrilled to be able to be me more and more. I can't believe how much my life has changed since joining this forum. Ladies like Allie and Rachael have given me so much courage to be me.

Tracii G
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
I think what threw her off was you said you are married and straight.Most people don't know straight guys dress up and just assume gay.
You enlightened some one good for you.

Beverley Sims
10-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Suzanne,
Nothing like turning a conversation around.
I have had that experience also.
It is a very invigorating feeling.
makes my day too. :)

lingerieLiz
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I've only had one SA run off in all the years I've been shopping. Another one stepped in and made the sale.