PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little nervous!

AmandaJ
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Tomorrow night I'm taking a huge leap forward in my CD journey! Not only am I going to a different city than I have gone out in the past, but my best friends are going to see me en femme for the first time in person. To add to the stress, it's a bit far to go, so I'm packing up everything I need and getting ready at a friends house.

The primary reason for this outing though is to go to an art gallery opening for a friend from my martial arts gym whom I discovered is TG a few weeks ago. The gallery is going to be right in the heart of the city at the LGBT pride center that I've never been to before.

It's starting to make me a little nervous that my friends are going to finally meet Amanda, but I think it's all going to be ok. They're like siblings to me and I've known them for 15 years, but only recently within the past year or so came out to them about my CDing.

What I'm wearing too is playing with my nerves, it's very similar to this: http://static2.refinery29.com/bin/entry/e3d/400x600bm/1095030/jpeg-3.jpg

Anyway, I think maybe i'm over-analyzing things too much now, because I was all about it and enthusiastic about this up until tonight. But this being such a huge milestone for me is what's really making me nervous!

Rachelakld
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Visualize the best outing ever, and it will probably come true

Persephone
10-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Totally understand, Amanda.

Now, take a deep breath and let it out slowly as you say "I can do this." Repeat two more times.

You are going to look absolutely stunning in that dress!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kim_Bitzflick
10-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Relax.

Your friends know and accept you. And if someone tries to pick on you, I'm sure your martial arts training will be helpful.

Michelle D
10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Amanda,, You are a very pretty woman, and I'm sure you will look stunning in that dress. Keep your head held high and a smile on your face and your fears will melt away. Hugs. Michelle

kimdl93
10-03-2013, 07:44 PM
The nerves will subside when you get past those first anxious moments and start enjoying the evening.

mikiSJ
10-03-2013, 07:50 PM
oh, nothing to it, just go! (Like I do it every chance I get)

You look great, you don't have problems letting your friends know, and if they complain, they are not your friends - right!

Marcelle
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi Amanda. You look great en femme and your friends all sound like accepting people . . . just go for it sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

Bree Wagner
10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Amanda,

Your description certainly left me visualizing the size of those butterflies you must have. I'd love to get to a point like that in my life someday. I know I'd be doing the same back and forth thinking, worrying about what to wear, and wondering if I'll go through with it. But, I hope if I got to that situation, I'd overcome those nerves, head out, and have a wonderful time. I sure hope you can do the same and can come back and tell us all about it. I'd guess your friend opening the gallery will be thrilled and you'll walk out with a huge smile on your face.

Have fun!

-Bree

Tracii G
10-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Don't think twice just do it!

AmyGaleRT
10-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Amanda, I think you're going to be OK. You can do this. You are going to just rock that dress. Your friends will probably love the way you look. And you'll have a GREAT time!

Go get 'em, girlfriend! :D

- Amy

heatherdress
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
It is good to be a bit nervous. This is exciting, too. You should enjoy yourself with your friends and in a new city.

lingerieLiz
10-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Go for it girl! I can remember my butterflies from years ago. Waiting for a friend to pick me up so we could go to a movie. All worked well and we had a lot of fun and I learned I could go out as a girl.

You'll do fine. Let us know how it goes.

DianeDeBris
10-03-2013, 11:50 PM
We are all so excited for you!

cdmorganashley
10-04-2013, 06:15 AM
good luck!! this sounds like a supportive environment to show this side of yourself to them in so i think it will go well. also i think anyone would feel nervous but i expect that will fade quickly after the initial presenting yourself to them. oh and i think that is a great outfit and looking at some of your pics i think you will look very attractive in it ;)

Debi
10-04-2013, 06:52 AM
You are going to look simply delicious and you are going to have a fantastic night. How lovely to finally get over the mile-stone of your friends actually meeting YOU!
We all want a full written report!

D x

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi Amanda, That sounds a great trip If your friends have problems with your dressing well that's their problem.

KarenCDFL
10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
That is a great outfit including the shoes.

Add the right makeup and jewelry and you should be a hit!

Beverley Sims
10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Amanda,
It is a bit like stage fright, the audience wants to see your act and you have to carry it off.
Good luck, you can do it. :)

kimberlybates
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
You look great!! I am sure you will be or have been a big hit

vikki2020
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
oh, sounds like a great weekend you have planned! The fact that everyone knows, and is expecting to meet Amanda will help a ton. My bet is that after the first 10 minutes, you are going to have the time of your life!

Debra Russell
10-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Don't forget to post pictures...........and have fun :)

robindee36
10-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh Amanda, this is so exciting. Of course you will be nervous but in the company of accepting friends everything will work out just fine.

Best of luck in this adventure. Most of all, have fun with it ;)

Hugs, Robin

AmandaJ
10-06-2013, 12:00 PM
It was a great night out. Here's pics from the outing and I talk about the experience.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?202210-My-latest-outing&p=3313310#post3313310