PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally messing with the girlfriend

Jordan-NH
10-04-2013, 06:41 AM
I finally broke down, got an epilator and suffered through the pain. Didn't bother telling the GF that I was going to do it. Fall is here, so she probably knew it was coming. But she really doesn't like the way that I look shaved. She likes the manly look of the hair. Then in bed that night she starts gliding her feet along my legs. Nothing really new, but something she's never done for more than a few seconds before. This time it was several minutes, felt nice. I was actually surprised when she didn't say anything. Next morning, same thing, lots of rubbing. Then again that night, several minutes in until she finally says "Did you shave?". So it appears that she may like the looks of hair, but I think she's pretty sold on the feel of shaved.

For the record, now that I've gone though the initial pain of the epilator, I'm never going to stop. I don't want to ever do that again!

stephNE
10-04-2013, 06:45 AM
My wife definitely likes the "hairy" look. But after many years I think she now likes the clean shaven feel.

Laura28
10-04-2013, 06:51 AM
My wife use to love my chest hairy, but now she wants me smooth all over,i have been lasering my chest with a home one and is working great. this summer was the first time i didnt let it grow back and kept everything smooth and she loved , not to mention i love it.

kaitlin
10-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I understand... My wife likes my chest hair and for some reason I didn't think she cared either way about the hair from the waist down. But last week we were sitting around the house when she told me to come to the den, "I have my table (massage table) set up and the wax hot, that fur has got to go!" So after weeks and weeks of not grooming due to work and stress, I am baby butt smooth from my waist to my toes! Loving it!

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Brittany, The hair comes back finer and is less painful to epilate .

Tamara Croft
10-04-2013, 07:53 AM
The hair comes back finerNo it doesn't come back finer, that is a myth. When you shave, you cut the hair across, which makes the hair blunt, when you epilate or wax, you are pulling the hair out from the root, when it grows back, it grows back with a point, making the hair seem finer, when in actual fact it is not.

Hair can also grow back patchy, pulling hairs out from the root constantly, damages the follicle and can eventually stop growing.

Karren H
10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Maybe its time for a joint appointment to get both your legs lasered? Early Christmas Present!

robindee36
10-04-2013, 08:09 AM
So you finally took the plunge, good on ya Brittany. Yes it is painful the first time, but you adapt to it. My feeling is the 'smooth' time is much greater than simple shaving so its worth the effort. If your GF gets to like the feel, might free you up to keep them clean year round.

Regarding Tamara's comments, I am not aware that my leg hair grows back at a different density. It was not thick and bushy to start with. However, there are no stubblies when it grows back, like when shaving. It comes back soft, so maybe this is where the 'finer' perception originates (or the product's advertising). If she is correct about killing off the follicle over time, that is just an additional benefit. However, I do need to keep an eye on things as there is a decided tendency for ingrown hairs.

Again, congrats on this big step.

Hugs, Robin

Tamara Croft
10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
I am correct, 3 years of Beauty Therapy training says so ;)

robindee36
10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks Tamara, much appreciated. Always grateful for new information like this. So, theoretically, the more I do this the less there will be to do, over time. Not a bad twofer.

Hugs, Robin

KarenCDFL
10-04-2013, 10:16 AM
I never had heavy hair and I keep shaved most of the time and my wife loves how it feels!

Beverley Sims
10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
You do have to watch messing with the girlfriend it is probably time to say something, or have a good answer when she asks. :)

AllieSF
10-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I also can state from my own experience that plucking and epilating over the last 7 years has caused my hair to thin out in quantity and maybe even thickness, or maybe the thicker hairs' follicles have been damaged so much that they have died out quicker than the finer hairs. Anyway, I have less hair to deal with now and much less resulting pain when I epilate.

Nicole Erin
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Hair can also grow back patchy, pulling hairs out from the root constantly, damages the follicle and can eventually stop growing.

Seems to work well for eyebrow hair. I know my eyebrows need only a monthly touch up. I wish facial hair behaved that way.

Niya W
10-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I am correct, 3 years of Beauty Therapy training says so ;)
You know I got into an argument with my teacher about that. I told him if that's true why do people have to keep on getting eyebrows waxed. It also makes difference in which growth cycle the hair is in to.

robindee36
10-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Nicole, you raise an interesting possibility but I am not volunteering for the experiment. Just can't imagine the collateral damage of trying to epilate my face. Perhaps that is what keeps laser and electrolysis parlors in business.

However, if there are any volunteers here, it could make for a valuable contribution to the CD community. Just kidding of course ;)

Hugs, Robin

Allesandra Rhodes
10-04-2013, 03:53 PM
My fiancé loves the smooth girlyness. She does not like the hairy beastly look one bit. However I'd rather shave. Don't like pain much.

Tamara Croft
10-04-2013, 04:42 PM
You know I got into an argument with my teacher about that.:slap: why would you argue with your teacher?? You have to understand, teachers have been doing this a lot longer than you have been training. I am living proof that waxing/exfoliating damages the growth of hairs. I used to have very bushy eyebrows, if you look at my avatar, what you see is what you get, they also have pencil colour on them to give them depth, basically that's all that grows now. I do have other pictures to compare them and you can see a huge difference. This was over a few years and it depends on the cycle of the hair. If the root is black, it's dead, no damage to the follicle, if it's white, there's a chance you've started some damage. Listen to your teacher, they have many years of experience.

Caitlin_85
10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
All the girls that I've been with didn't seem to mind me being shaved all over. They seemed to enjoy it. Most of them didn't seem shocked or curious as to why at all.

Allison Quinn
10-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I can't wait to get one i'm tired of shaving :P
haha my girlfriend actually really likes smooth legs as well ^^
when I was first coming out to her about things I believe that it was one of the things she enjoyed more than not c:

Brenda456
10-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I started getting my back and chest waxed this summer. It smarts a bit having it done, but I like the result. My wife is good with getting the back waxed, but does not seem to love the chest wax. . .

Cassandra Lynn
10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, epilators do hurt--ALOT, but after the first couple of times, it gets much better, but keep up on it, waiting more than a week or 10 days just makes it that much harder and more painful.
I get much better results and can do it both more thorough and quicker (cept for the 'landing strip' it's nose to toes) if i go every 4 days.

My GF/SO noticed the lack of body hair early on before i'd come out to her (we'd only dated for a couple weeks), and she commented on how i should let it grow.
It's been a yr now and she has said numerous times that she'd never be able to handle any body hair on me.

Caitlin_85
10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
she commented on how i should let it grow. It's been a year now and she has said numerous times that she'd never be able to handle any body hair on me.

I really don't get how girls like all the hair on their guys. Yuck...:D

I can't ever imagine having to let all my hair grow in. I let the hair on my legs grow out a little bit from time to time...but chest, back, under arms and "down there" are always kept shaved.

lingerieLiz
10-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Having done my brows for decades I can tell you that eventually it quits growing. Tamara is correct also about the thickness. Several years ago I saw a science article about it.

deebra
10-05-2013, 07:49 AM
You know she is going to become suspicious that you are moving more toward being more girly, are you going to tell her you are a cd, how will she handle it?

bobbimo
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the painful memory of what it was like to begin epilating! And the great feeling of smooth legs rubbing smooth legs too.
Let me wave the Kalo products flag. This stuff slowly stops your hair regrowth, and it keeps new hairs coming in finer and slower.
Its expensive but we are worth it.
Bobbi

DeniseNJ
10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Well I had my legs waxed for the first time about 10 days ago. they still feel smooth with no stubble. I read on here about after a shower rub on baby oil W/O towel drying. I have been doing this for the past 4 days WOW so smooth and silky. and the oil darken up the tan legs that I now have. I never tried an epilator , you girls make it feel like torture. The waxing really didn't hurt all that much . I VOWED that I would never wear shorts with my legs smooth. Yea right, with all the wrmm weather up here in NJ , I have been wearing shorts ever since getting my legs waxed and no one said a word not even the wife and she notices everything...

JamieTG
10-06-2013, 06:10 PM
The first time I shaved about 13 years ago I was hooked right away. Love the look and smooth feel and would never go back to being hairy again. If I go more than two weeks without shaving I start feeling grossed out and uncomfortable.

Leona
10-06-2013, 06:52 PM
No it doesn't come back finer, that is a myth. When you shave, you cut the hair across, which makes the hair blunt, when you epilate or wax, you are pulling the hair out from the root, when it grows back, it grows back with a point, making the hair seem finer, when in actual fact it is not.

Hair is shaped differently than we perceive. Try plucking your beard and see how different it looks than shaving it. (I'm responding to someone else, not Tamara, quoting Tamara because she's right)

Tamara: So is it possible that using the epilator enough will cause a level of permanent hair removal? Is it worth doing?

KarenS
10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
My wife likes the look of my chest and legs with hair.She says she likes the feel of my chest with the hair. She hasn't expressed a preference about my legs but, I really believe she likes the feel of them when they are shaved.

I have been shaving my legs for several years during the fall and winter. Each summer, the leg hair seems to grow back thinner and less dense and slower than previous. Now, it grows back very slow, thin, not dense at all. My youngest daughter recently asked my wife why I don't have much hair on my legs. She didn't tell me what she gave as an answer.

Interestingly, I recently had an infection from a wasp sting on the top of one thigh while I was traveling. I had to go to an urgent care center to have it treated. The female doctor had her hands on my thigh for about an hour working on the wound and clearly noticed, and lingered dragging her finger tips down my thigh to my knee with a slight smile on her face while looking at her finger tips. I have no doubt she was letting me know that she noticed.

Julie M
10-07-2013, 11:30 PM
I think many GGs are programmed to 'like the hairy look' but at the end of the day they love the feeling of a smooth leg, or chest. After all, why do they keep shaving (or otherwise removing hair) in an age where they can go hairy and no one will dare comment. And this isn't so much my comment as my wife's so I tend to think it's a valid view.

Chickhe
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
...and you said? I would have chickened out and said no.. But, most woman prefer hairless...they just won't admit it out loud.