PDA

View Full Version : DanaJ's glam makeover

DanaJ
12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi all! Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and a soon to be Happy New Year!

I just had one of my best makeovers ever, and I was so happy with the way it turned out! I spent way too much money getting ready for it, but you know, once you have a nice evening gown/dress, you need to get shoes, and a handbag, and jewelry and everything to go with it - wow, it is expensive being a girl :D

I would like to ask a question, when you see a thread like this, do you want to read about the whole experience, or do you just mainly care about seeing the photos? I always wonder if I should go into more detail, or just shut up and show the pix :)

Anyway, the entire story and photos are here in this thread. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=293830) http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=293830#post293830

Thanks for looking :)

Deidra Cowen
12-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I enjoy threads with pictures and commentary. By the way you look great in that blonde wig...very nice look.

JennMW
12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I want to hear about it! How else can I learn the secrets of how you look so wonderful!

The results are pleasing to the eye, but since it's just us girls here, please share the journey in addition to the destination. Let the guys live in their ignorant bliss.

KathrynW
12-28-2005, 11:41 AM
do you want to read about the whole experience, or do you just mainly care about seeing the photos? I always wonder if I should go into more detail, or just shut up and show the pix

Personally, I like to read every minute painstaking detail...even down to the smallest thing...pics are also nice... ;)

Sam-antha
12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Dana, please, please do not give up on the story. I need to know what happens, what you feel like, preparing, going there, sitting in and of course seeing the after, both the seeing and knowing what you thought of it all.
Some of us are unlikely to ever have the experience...
Suggestion tho, two posts are better than one for the narrative story, if it gets longish.
I like you in #5, and for the story, then #1 is important, it helps to set the scene.

KathrynW
12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Dana, please, please do not give up on the story. I need to know what happens, what you feel like, preparing, going there, sitting in and of course seeing the after, both the seeing and knowing what you thought of it all.
Some of us are unlikely to ever have the experience...
Suggestion tho, two posts are better than one for the narrative story, if it gets longish.
I like you in #5, and for the story, then #1 is important, it helps to set the scene.
EXACTLY....I love all the DETAILS....many, many, DETAILS.... :)

Fallen Angel
12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Thats half the fun reading about the experiance xxxx

DanaJ
12-28-2005, 12:18 PM
OK, thanks for the responses :) I could go into more details, but wasn't sure if anyone actually read these long posts, now I know ;)

Stephanie Brooks
12-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I would like to ask a question, when you see a thread like this, do you want to read about the whole experience, or do you just mainly care about seeing the photos? I always wonder if I should go into more detail, or just shut up and show the pix :)
Good question.

Personally I like to have both. I want to see a story and photos. I like the sense of being there.

I typically post about my monthly outings. I could summarize them all by saying: I went to a hotel; dressed; went out to a movie, mall, music club, or whereever; and returned to the hotel. It's the details that make the story.

I look at your photos and am thoroughly impressed. Yet I won't know you're wearing a human hair wig unless I read it. Then too suddenly I have the sense of a completely different texture. Synthetic hair is fine, but human hair is divine. I imagine how it would feel through my hands. I have a sense of how wearing long human hair would feel on my own neck and shoulders.

I see a great makeup job. When I read your story, I learn, "and when she finished I had a flawless complexion with no beard shadow showing at all". I grok. I empathize. I won't get that just from the photos, though when I return to them I see why I wouldn't; it's so natural as to not be noticed. I admire what your makeup artist did.

Writing about our outings helps keep our memories and share our experiences. It also gives each other ideas and confidence in living our TG experiences.

SherriePall
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Dana --
I enjoy looking at the pics, especially when they're someone who is as beautiful and passing as you. And I like to read the story behind the pics. Maybe, it's my way of living vicariously through some of my more advanced sisters.

Rachel Morley
12-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh No! I love hearing the whole nine yards! If something is written well then it doesn't matter how long it is it will always hold my attention. Although it is true that the pictures make the post even better.

keep 'em coming :)

ginafaye
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
just love your look .......listening and seeing ..its all good

Wendy me
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
girlfreind the pics....always veary nice , but to read abought it in a way that you decribe just like being there with you girlfreind you keep on posting abought how it went and we will keep on reading abought them....

Olivia
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Beautiful Dana!! You look marvelous; what a great job! I can only imagine how exciting it is to look in the mirror and see yourself like that. Wow. Very cool. Olivia

Michelle I
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
DanaJ

Details, details, details. The more the better, especially from your adventures.

Melissa

Maid Barbara
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Tell us everything, show us everything, then tell us more.
Just love your posts, keep 'em coming.
Barbara. xxx

DanaJ
12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
OK, thanks for the comments, wow - looks like I have a lot more writing to do :) Thanks again girls :c9:

CharleneCD
12-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I will chip in here and agree with the rest. I like both. Reading about it adds so much to the pics.

TGMarla
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Yikes! The Makeover Ho strikes again! Looks like this one's a keeper, too! Nice Christmas present to yourself, Dana. All dressed up for the New Years party, and it's still a few days off! Happy New Year anyway, glamor-puss! (Oh, that's "glamour-puss" for you across-the-pond types!)

:cheers:

Wenda
12-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Wow!! Your look is getting better and better, even when that doesnt seem possible. AWESOME!!!

VeronicaMoonlit
12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
More Cowbell! I mean details. :-)

Veronica

DanaJ
12-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone, you have me blushing over here! You are all too kind :hugs:

OK, old DanaJ will be getting verbose LOL more details will be forthcoming :)

Veronica - more cowbell? :lol2:

LisaRaye
12-29-2005, 11:35 PM
wonderful pictures tell me more details. i love details:)

VeronicaMoonlit
12-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Veronica - more cowbell? :lol2:

Saturday Night Live sketch with Christopher....Walken, playing some record producer. A classic. Meaning there can never be too much of a good thing.

Veronica

PattiL
12-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I love the details. I've even picked up a few things to try when I go for a makeover. It's funny how when you've done it once, you sure like to go again.

DanaJ
12-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Saturday Night Live sketch with Christopher....Walken, playing some record producer. A classic. Meaning there can never be too much of a good thing.

VeronicaLOL Veronica, I know I know, what that meant, that was why I posted the ROTFL smilie :)

MsJanessa
12-30-2005, 11:14 AM
You look lovely in the new outfit and the blonde wig---for My money there is nothing sexier than a blonde updo---although My avatar picture shows it down I normally wear it up ---looks far more sexy and sophisticated that way---and as far as "details" go your story gave plenty of them---give as many as you want or don't want---My position on "details" is that I get dressed and go out Myself and although I love to hear the tales other TGs might tell, its really about Me and other T-Girls doing it in real time, not about a cyber fantasy. xoxox MsJanessa:dom:

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 11:20 AM
My position on "details" is that I get dressed and go out Myself and although I love to hear the tales other TGs might tell, its really about Me and other T-Girls doing it in real time, not about a cyber fantasy.
oh my, the "Mistress" has spoken...anyone got some hip waders? It seems to be getting a bit deep...;)

MsJanessa
12-30-2005, 11:25 AM
I guess the "details" I would llke to see would be from you hon---any photos, etc?

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 11:36 AM
I guess the "details" I would llke to see would be from you hon---any photos, etc?
Nope...and I never claimed to have any. I can only wish I was as photogenic as Dana. And, I'm quite content to enjoy reading about Dana's experiences, details, pics, whatever. ;)
However, "Mistress"...:worship: I believe you brought up all the "real time" experiences of yourself and all your T-girls? We've all seen Dana's pics and heard about her experiences, so we know it's not just a fantasy. Now, about you....??? :yikes:

MsJanessa
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
if you insist---but I'm not going to waste My time typing on the forum---go to My profile at alt.com---its under MsJanessa---look at the photos and profile and if you really want to see Me in action---click on My album photos at that site--there are a lot of photos of Me and some of My playmates--ones that couldn't be posted here. you don't have to worry about buying a membership to alt.com---a standard membership is free. Like I said it's all about getting out and really doing it. Enjoy yourself. Mistress Janessa:dom:

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 11:54 AM
if you insist---but I'm not going to waste My time typing on the forum---go to My profile at alt.com---its under MsJanessa
Oh No, "Mistress"...I would never "insist"....;)
But hey, yeah...I'll check it out as long as I don't have to join something.
enuff thread drift, sorry Dana :)

Tamara Croft
12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
if you insist---but I'm not going to waste My time typing on the forum---<snip>Waste your time? why are you a member here then? and what did you mean about 'fantasy posting' are you saying Dana makes this stuff up?

:OT: done?

Dana I love your adventures, pictures, but I love reading how it all happened, not just seeing a few pictures and a paragraph of 'how' etc....

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
ummmmm..."Mistress" ???
Could you be a bit more specific where you're at? alt.com is a helluva big place and it looks like they want me to join something.:dom:I guess you may have to come whip me into submission if I can't find it? :GD:

Sharon
12-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Anyway --

Dana, I love your makeover photos and the stories that accompany them. :)

Christina Nicole
12-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, as off-topic goes, I prefer cowbells to whips and such. Sooo. Here's more cowbell (http://webfeedcentral.com/index.php/archives/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/).

Olivia
12-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Dana, you already know I think the pics were great. You do look very glamous in them. I just want to know what you did after? After the makeover, did you go out? I think if I could ever look that good (not very likely in my case I'm afraid, lol) I'd want the world, or part of it anyway, to see me. So, spill the beans girlfriend! What was the next stop? Inquiring (nosy)minds want to know?! O

Shelly Preston
12-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Dana

The makeover pictures

WOW

Do you need an agent for all those modeling contracts

In the words of rex harrison in "my Fair Lady"

"By jove I think shes got it"

You certainly have

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, as off-topic goes, I prefer cowbells to whips and such. Sooo. Here's more cowbell (http://webfeedcentral.com/index.php/archives/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/).
Well I actually have to agree with you, being a professional drummer, and conniseur of the cowbell, myself... http://www.oulunsoitinjatarvike.fi/kauppa/kuvat/percussiot/lp_rock_classic_ridge_r_1.jpgmy personal preference is the LP Ridge Rider Cowbell. Works quite well for "Don't Fear The Reaper" "Honky Tonk Woman" "Mississippi Queen" and any song requiring cowbell...;)
Did I say Mississippi Queen? sorry, no pun intended...

DanaJ
12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Well - I know this sounds crazy, but believe it or not, I don't go anywhere. There is really nowhere to go around here, and no one I know would go with me. But, it's all good, I just have a lot of fun playing with the GGs in the salon and getting the pix. Afterwards, after we get all th ephotos and play around in the salon, sadly, I undress and she usually washes me up (and sometimes I get a mini-facial from her :))

Thanks everyone for your very very kind comments - they really make this old girl feel good :hugs:

Tamara Croft
12-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah you are really old grannie ;) *hands you a walking stick* *runs like hell*

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Dana, you already know I think the pics were great. You do look very glamous in them. I just want to know what you did after? After the makeover, did you go out? I think if I could ever look that good (not very likely in my case I'm afraid, lol) I'd want the world, or part of it anyway, to see me. So, spill the beans girlfriend! What was the next stop? Inquiring (nosy)minds want to know?! O
Olivia...
I have to agree with you somewhat. I think it could be almost "intoxicating" or "addicting" to experience a really nice femme makeover & presentation. I think it might make me want to go out in public, and also might make me get into some things which would be way over my head. (but that's another subject) ;)
But...Let's keep in mind that there's really a whole lot more involved with a cd going out into the public in a social situation. Cd-ing isn't always about "going out" for (I think it's safe to say) most of us.
Many of us have different motivations, desires, goals, etc, for cd-ing. Personally, I don't ever see myself having the nerve to experience all these makeovers like Dana has. Even though I always dream about doing stuff like this, it's simply not ever going to happen for me.
I truly enjoy reading about Dana's exploits, and almost "living vicariously" thru these experiences (if I can put it that way). ;)

Olivia
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes Kathryn, I certainly agree and I'm speaking as someone who has NEVER gone out in a social situation all dressed completely. I just don't think I can pass and I don't have the considerable nerve to even try yet. I admire those of us who do go out and I too, live vicariously through their exploits. I've been a crossdresser for 39 years and more and believe me, I know all about dressing up and having no place to go. Salute! to those who can go out and do!! As for Dana, she does look very passable but her decisions are her own; like me, she may have lot's of other reasons] to not go out. I'm certainly not judging her!! DanaJ, you go girl!! Olivia

cosmolovesph
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
DanaJ,

Love the pics, love the story (text of the "event or outing") please keep us filled with details!!

Thank you!

MsJanessa
12-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Actually the "wasting of My time" I was referring to would be Me typing a long description of what I do in a scene---that can be seen at alt.com---you have to become a member but a standard membership is free---then just follow the directions to find My profile hint----click the search icon and type in MsJanessa---as far as anybody else putting in long descriptions of dressing and going out, that's fine and I certainly didn't mean to imply that Dana was making it up---the only problem I have with overindulgence in what another T-girl is doing is that it becomes a substitute for doing it yourself---its much more fun to dress and go out to the local clubs yourself rather than read about other peoples adventures--- I know it takes a lot more courage to do this but in the end its worth it.:dom: and BTY Dana---you look great--the makeover was worth it. Have a nice day

KathrynW
12-30-2005, 05:20 PM
the only problem I have with overindulgence in what another T-girl is doing is that it becomes a substitute for doing it yourself
I find the term "overindulgence" used in this context to be a bit peculiar, but whatever... I can only speak for myself, but I'm reading Dana's posts because I'm interested. Not because I only want to keep one hand on the keyboard. ;)

For some, Yes...definitely it is a substitute for doing it ourselves. But what is wrong with that? Nothing at all, really. For some of us, who aren't passable, this is the best we can do at this point in time.

its much more fun to dress and go out to the local clubs yourself rather than read about other peoples adventures--- I know it takes a lot more courage to do this but in the end its worth it.
This is "your opinion" and that's fine... But we all don't see it this way...

As far as your alt.com spread, well I'm not joining. If you can post a link to your pics, etc. I'll take a peek. :hiding:

Lindahexi
12-31-2005, 07:22 AM
That's right, I mean it! You don't just look GOOD; YOU LOOK SENSATIONAL This latest makeover of yours is definitely the best ever. You look so convincing, so femme, and so happy in those pictures; you must be 'over the moon with them'.

What I love most about you Dana is that you always deliver; if you say you are going to wear a gown or have a makeover, you always follow through, you even told us about the cancellation prior to Christmas.

I for one love reading your detailed descriptions of your makovers and experiences, they are never too long for me, and I think many others share my enthusiasm.

Here's hoping for many more pics of you in 2006:thumbsup:

Christina Nicole
12-31-2005, 02:00 PM
---its much more fun to dress and go out to the local clubs yourself rather than read about other peoples adventures--- I know it takes a lot more courage to do this but in the end its worth it.:

I made the mistake of going to a club once. Ugh! Couldn't breath the air was so polluted with cigarette smoke. Everything I wore that night smelled like a filthy ashtray and needed cleaning. Everything, coat, top, skirt, etc. had to go to the cleaners and the wig needed a trip to the wig shop for a good cleaning.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

KathrynW
12-31-2005, 02:05 PM
I made the mistake of going to a club once. Ugh! Couldn't breath the air was so polluted with cigarette smoke. Everything I wore that night smelled like a filthy ashtray and needed cleaning. Everything, coat, top, skirt, etc. had to go to the cleaners and the wig needed a trip to the wig shop for a good cleaning.Warm regards,
Christina Nicole
Well, that's certainly all part of the club scene...
No, I'm not into it either. ;)

MsJanessa
12-31-2005, 02:11 PM
In Maine, and a lot of other states, smoking in nightclubs, bars and restaurants has been banned---so breath easy:dom: