PDA

View Full Version : How many times...?

TokyoLily
10-05-2013, 06:25 AM
...have you dressed to the 9's, and then just didn't go out? Ok, I have an excuse. I was planning to ride the trains into Roppongi in downtown Tokyo to go to a friend's event. I dressed up, but I have been sick all week. Went to the doc's yesterday. Yes, I have a persistent cold, he said, but he also then looked at me and said, "You have exhaustion." I thought Veronica could help take it away, but guess not. We are all mortal.

Michelle (Oz)
10-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Fortunately Veronica I haven't been faced with your diagnosis but well understand the disappointment of a failed outing. I do know though that my mind fights succesfully to overcome the onset of colds and works to recover quickly to resume active duty. Being healthier is another positive of CDing!!

I did have a few days recently of sniffles and stifled sneezes working femme at the national library (my 'office' away from home). Very quiet there too and very hard to be femme without upsetting the makeup.

Speedy recovery sis.

Cynthia Anne
10-05-2013, 07:08 AM
I have a feeling that Veronica could help more then you give her credit for! At least think of the fun you would have letting her try!!!

kimdl93
10-05-2013, 07:16 AM
There have been times when I was just tired out and stayed in. It's ok. There's no quota.

~Joanne~
10-05-2013, 07:32 AM
How many times have you dressed to the 9's, and then just didn't go out?

Almost every time I dress.

Beverley Sims
10-05-2013, 01:05 PM
In the early days, lots.
Now I consider it a waste of time, money and makeup to stay in when dressed up.
Especially to the 9s. :)

Michaelasfun
10-05-2013, 01:09 PM
A ton, at least until I felt I had my makeup and clothes presentable enough to make the leap. One sunny day I just decided to go for it. I hadn't collected much of my own outerwear, just a lot of lingerie type things, so I borrowed a dress out of my wife's closet and put on my makeup, put on my wig, and went for it. Drove to Target, bought a hat and small purse, checked out successfully, had a good day.

Rachel Morley
10-05-2013, 01:09 PM
How many times have I dressed to the 9's, and then just didn't go out? .... not at all in recent years but when I first started to embrace this (a few years ago) it would happen fairly often. I think it's quite common.

docrobbysherry
10-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't dress to the 9's at home. There, I dress to the 10's! Because I can look as hot, ridiculous, amazing, sexy, or as naked as I like! Without worrying about what other's will think!

Whenever I go out dressed, I ALWAYS need to compromise my look to some degree. When I go out, I probably don't dress beyond the 7's! Sigh!

It's not just what others think either. Its:

How easy is it to walk and/or dance in? Will it hold up all evening? It's how easy to go potty in? Is there a small stain or rip? Is it too tite or loose? None of that matters at home!

Cheryl T
10-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I've done it a few times but the reason I didn't go out was terrible weather, not because I changed my mind. The first time was to be my first time to a support group and we of course had a bizzard that afternoon/evening and going out was just too treacherous no matter how I was dressed. The next was for a group Xmas party and again we had a blizzard. All I have to do is move to an area that doesn't have that much snow and I'll be fine.