PDA

View Full Version : Things are different now

Paula_56
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5502/10099565976_28da0298ec.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/65733073@N02/10099565976/)
Boston-web (http://www.flickr.com/photos/65733073@N02/10099565976/) by New_Paula_56 (http://www.flickr.com/people/65733073@N02/), on Flickr

I go into Boston every few months to meet with my therapist and discuss my ongoing life as a transgender woman. I wrote about these visits in a previous Femulate.

Whenever possible I like to go en femme. Having an 11 AM appointment this Friday gave me the perfect window of opportunity to “slip” (pun intended) out of the house. I had a nice printed skirt and black jacket picked out. I made my way into Boston on the Mass Pike past Fenway Park and the Prudential Center and then downtown to BU Medical Center.

I arrived 90 minutes early and strolled around the busy urban campus stopping to buy a bottle of water. Running a gauntlet of construction workers on coffee break, I waltzed in, picked out a bottle of Poland Spring and was served with a smile by the clerk and nary a raised eyebrow from the burly crew of intimidating hard hats.

With my confidence bolstered, I was off and on my way. It was a good feeling to be bustling along the streets of Boston dressed as a professional woman and I let myself get lost in the daydream of being just like them someday.

Once I arrived to the doctor's office, I used the ladies room, fixed my makeup and hair, then went out to the lobby where it was bright and sunny. I saw a woman about my age sitting there so I figured what the heck, I need to start interacting with people as a woman. I sat down and commented on the traffic to start a conversation. What followed was about a 20-minute conversation about the fall colors, vacations on the Cape verses New Hampshire and Maine, her niece's wedding and concerns for the friend that she was waiting for.

Ordinary and common place would be good words to describe the conversation. But to me it was phenomenal. I was accepted by another as a woman. It was one of the most validating and powerful incidents I’ve experienced en femme to date. So much so that I was off balance emotionally the rest of the day. Last night, I couldn’t sleep and woke up at 3 AM.

I told my therapist about it and we discussed many other things that morning, but this friendly encounter still has me lost in thought and emotions on a beautiful Saturday morning in New England. Something happened, something changed; I don’t know what, but things are different now.

Raychel
10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Sounds like things are really going your way. A nice trip into Boston, and a great day :thumbsup:

Marcelle
10-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi Paula. What a great story . . . I especially like your zeal in walking past all those hard hats, I can only hope to get that confidence someday.

Hugs

Isha

NancyJ
10-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Paula, You look great so I am not surprised that you had no trouble navigating the world as Paula that morning. It must feel so wonderful to just be Paula and be accepted as her. Good for you! Nancy

Stacy M.
10-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Paula, what a great story. You've brightened my day, too!

kimdl93
10-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Things have changed or perhaps it's you that has changed. You're no longer pretending to be male!

Megan70
10-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Good for you girl. I know the feeling well. I go downtown at least once a week dressed as a business or office woman and eat in the company cafeteria where I can literally rub shoulders with other office girls at the salad bar or sandwich station. The thing that I find amazing and have to get used to is how easy and casual it is for females to make 'small talk' that they believe other girls would be interested in hearing where it is not so as guys, we could care less about non important babble that means nothing, but to them its their every day way of talking to another woman. Having the feminine voice mastered is very important.

Notice the next time you are carrying on a woman to woman conversation or observing one that the listener to the story is intently focused on the woman speaking with not losing eye contact and always nodding their head in acknowledgement as to what she is saying. this is inhereint within them, normal that I have got to get used to . If I want to be convincing talking to woman(which I am) I've got to master the long dragged out ( what seems non sensible) chit chat and make the eye contact

BTW your photos on flicker are marvelous, you would never doubt as to your gender as being a GG . You got the wardrobe the look, the poise, got it all girl. Nothing to worry about.
Megan

Beverley Sims
10-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Paula,
As you progress so will all the hurdles and interactive conversations.
It just opens up a different aspect of your life and other situations become redundant.
It is called progress for a reason.

Rachel Morley
10-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Ordinary and common place would be good words to describe the conversation. But to me it was phenomenal. I was accepted by another as a woman. It was one of the most validating and powerful incidents I’ve experienced en femme to date.
Wow!... that's an awesome story and I feel really happy for you. :) I can't say it's ever happened to me the way it happened to you, but I do know to be accepted by GGs is IMHO a very wonderful and liberating experience. If this interaction is in any way a glimpse of your future, it looks like it's going to be a a very happy one!