PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder If She Knew?

Sarah L
10-05-2013, 08:59 PM
This evening, I went shopping as Sarah. It's been awhile. I went to one of the local malls. There is a store in there called "360." At least that's the name on the receipt.

I had never been in one of these stores before. What caught my eye was a display of skirts at the entrance. They looked kind of like patchwork quilts made into skirts. They aren't as heavy material as that. I really liked them and bought two for $25.

The store had stuff like incense and beads and some clothes. That's the kind of store it is, I guess.

Anyway.... They lady who waited on me talked to me like I was no different from any female customer. Talking to another employer, she referred to me as "her'.

Well. That's not such a big deal, but the tone of her voice was. She called me "her" so naturally that I couldn't tell if she was just being polite or if I passed.

It's not really my type of store, I don't use incense or stuff like that. I wish it was. She was very friendly and I wish they had more things to interest me. They would certainly get my business.

mikiSJ
10-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I Wonder If She Knew?

Does it matter? You got what you wanted, was treated appropriately, MAY be a return customer and the store had a satisfied customer who they made a sale to.

I hope you have many more satisfying experiences.

Nikki A.
10-05-2013, 09:26 PM
You went in as Sara and was treated as such. Whether you were read or not really doesn't matter.

Sarah L
10-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Does it matter? You got what you wanted, was treated appropriately, MAY be a return customer and the store had a satisfied customer who they made a sale to.

It matters and it doesn't. I am not a good judge of my makeup and other aspects of passing. It would definitely help me work on my presentation if I knew what I need to improve on. The other thing is: I wouldn't want to recommend a store as being TG friendly only to find out that they aren't.

RADER
10-05-2013, 09:32 PM
As a costumer, You got the respect you deserved. If you look like a girl, you where treated like a girl.
Now all you have to do is act like a girl.
Glad you had a wonderful experience.
Rader

Rachelakld
10-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Women tend to notice big hands, darkening around the chin etc, they also have great empathy.
As to CD friendly store, ever shopped where someone was having a really bad day?
Chances are, the shop keepers daily attitude (and ours) determines what sort of experience we have.

Beverley Sims
10-05-2013, 11:49 PM
"That's the kind of store it is, I guess."
You are also the type of person that she has for customers.

She has no reason to treat you as a woman but in her own mind she more than likely read you and maybe thought "another one."
That is without any offence to you in any way what so ever.
She would have thought the same about gays, guys or women who dress in extreme ways also.

heatherdress
10-06-2013, 12:53 AM

Once again - Does it matter? You will never know so draw whatever conclusions you like. You are not going to be able to know anything about your makeup without specifically asking her. You are not able to recommend a store as TG friendly with only 1 visit. So, simply accept that you had a good experience and realize you should not be as apprehensive about what others may think. Be confident. Enjoy your adventures.

kimdl93
10-06-2013, 07:53 AM
None of us are mind readers. The thing that matters is how you felt, which was very positive.

Ressie
10-06-2013, 08:40 AM
You probably want to know if you really passed with this woman because if you did, you'll feel that you are passing with others too. It could be that she's seen enough CDs (in the store or personally) that she's use to the idea. I'm guessing that she's been in retail for quite a while and has learned to treat all walks of life with respect.

ClaireTaylor
10-09-2013, 08:08 PM
It doesn't matter a jot. You got great service, the best way to celebrate that is by becoming a loyal repeat customer.

Jeri Ann
10-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Acceptance is a powerful thing. We all desire it. If all SA's would learn this business would boom.

BLUE ORCHID
10-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi Sarah, Just check this one off and put it in the win column .