PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costume

Dawn P
10-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi, hope someone can help

I own a mobile bartending company, I may be bartending at a Halloween party where they want me to wear a costume. They requested that who ever they hire is gay friendly.

Would I be insulting a gay person if I where to dress as a bride or anything female related.

Robin777
10-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't think you would insult anybody. Since it is a Halloween party and you are bartending,maybe go as a female pirate? Captain Morgan type of pirate? Just a suggestion...

Dawn P
10-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I rather have Captain Morgan Rum LOL

Beverley Sims
10-05-2013, 11:34 PM
A bride might be too extreme, too much clothing for mobility.
Wear something trim, taught and terrific.
A playboy bunny would be good, it is simple and would go with the bar scene better than a lot of clothing which would hamper serving.

Dawn P
10-05-2013, 11:38 PM
To help I am 5' 6'' 250 #

heatherdress
10-06-2013, 12:56 AM
No - you would not be offensive. Maybe being dressed as a bride would be difficult as a bartender. A barmaid? A waitress? A wench? Enjoy yourself and have fun.

RADER
10-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I would defiantly go in a French maid's outfit, but no wig or makeup.
I bet you would get a lot of tips. LOL
Rader

Leeza
10-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I like the barmaid idea.

VirtuaGrl
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Dawn. Years ago, Halloween fell shortly after a dear friend of mine came out to me. Back then, as it is now, many people equate cross dressing with sexuality. As a show of support for my friend (and truthfully as an excuse to leave the house), I dressed up as a woman to go to a Halloween party with my friend. He was duly impressed and appreciated the gesture.

My point is, I don't think anyone would find your costume offensive and I think it would meet the "gay friendly" requirement.

I hqv to agree that I think a bride may be too cumbersome for bartending, but I'm sure you can find some other sexy outfit instead. The bar wench, French maidnor pirate are all good ideas.

Zooey
10-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't think it'd be offensive at all, but I'd pick a costume you can really move in. As sexy/fun as the heels can be, I'd avoid them. :)

lingerieLiz
10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
You could go as a "German Beer Girl". They sell costumes for it.

I've done the bride thing for Halloween and you don't want to try and work in one. Wedding dresses are designed to walk the aisle and look pretty in. They are fun to put on, but most don't consider comfort and movement a priority. Wear something comfortable.

Julie M
10-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I vote for the German Beer Girl costume. It is Oktoberfest season after all!

Lots of variation in those costumes and you could even make your own with a peasant blouse, long loose skirt, corset and heels.

Dawn P
10-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes, but the Munich Oktoberfest ended on Oktober 7

arbon
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Would I be insulting a gay person if I where to dress as a bride or anything female related.

I can't imagine why it would be.

stacycoral
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Here in the us octoberfest can be any weekend in October, I have a german bar girl outfit and it is fun to wear, so I agree with the other ladies, this would be a fun costume special since your serving at a bar, Good Luck and have a fun time, hugs.

VirtuaGrl
10-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Speaking of help.... I was thinking, do you need some help with the bartending of this event? Or do you perhaps need a cocktail waitress accompaniment? I'm pretty sure I'm free around Halloween... ;)

kelliehusker
10-11-2013, 07:46 AM
German beer girl or French maid would keep it festive!!! Have fun with it.

Jaylyn
10-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Heck no we got way to much of this lets all be politically correct stuff in the country now. Why would it hurt to wear what you want to the bar. Especially if you are gay friendly why would it hurt. I wish people would just let every one be who they want to be or wear. Freedom to express is a basic freedom we need more work on here. Others should turn their heads when they don't like what they see if we choose to wear women's clothes out and about then it is our right to do so. Be it a wedding dress or a beautiful gown. We as CDs also must remember that other folks have that right also and when we don't like what someone else is wearing we should respect their right to wear it. I really believe if every one would feel this way many of our CD friends would be out and about if they chose to and there would a lot less judge mental folks. I say wear the wear the brides dress.

Chickhe
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
If its for a gay party...dress as one of the village people! ...I think a wedding dress would be fine as long as you don't do really bad 'guy with a beard in a dress' makeup...that might be taken as you are making fun of someone. But, you could do zombie bride or dead bride....or even go for really great drag makeup....maybe you can get someone involved with the party to do your makeup. Not being gay myself, my only fear would be picking the wrong costume and having single gay guys wanting to pick me up at night!....hey, but maybe it works for better tips if you put on little charm like woman bartenders do all the time.

ibreadfan
10-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Hello fellow bartender!

How about this?
http://i.imgur.com/hhHq13O.jpg

No need to worry about make-up.

Dawn P
10-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately I did not get the gig. Thanks for the help

star8916
10-11-2013, 03:40 PM
No Really !