PDA

View Full Version : Transformation Services and Salons

brassieres
10-06-2013, 05:16 AM
I've been very seriously thinking about doing this. I've never been fully dressed as an adult, and I feel that this is my first foray into doing it in full. I've gotten my courage up to call a place, but yet to totally connect. I've tried trying to find somebody to help me out too, but much to no avail. Have you ever used a transformation service and if so, how did it go? The place that I am gonna use comes highly recommended.

Beverley Sims
10-06-2013, 05:33 AM
I have never used one myself but I have seen what they do, in Las Vegas it is so easy as everyone seems to use it.
You then go out in public totally at ease. No one seems to care about a man in a dress.

Deedee Skyblue
10-06-2013, 05:42 AM
brassie... I've seen pics of Jamie Austin's transformations, plus heard good things about him - and read an interesting first hand account on storysite. org (Austin's Angels?

by Laurie S. aka l.satori ), and the pics are very good. There is a place in Boston with a good rep called My Changing Room but I've never tried any services. Maybe if I buy a winning lottery ticket...

Deedee

audreyinalbany
10-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Glamor Boutique has a place in Auburn, I think. Pretty sure they offer a transformation service.There is also TG North in Vermont. I've never been to either, but the TG NOrth one looks like a ton of fun

brassieres
10-06-2013, 07:09 AM
I think that you have to sign up for the transformation service at The Glamour Boutique, but I could be wrong though.

sarah-cd
10-06-2013, 07:14 AM
John from the Glamour Boutique does a very reasonably priced transformation session. Just give him a call or email and he'll give you the details. I went to Jamie Austin when he worked out of the Glamour Boutique and he did good work back then. I've not seen any of his recent work but heard that he has gotten very expensive.

stephNE
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I recently met a young lady who sells MaryKay cosmetics. She has helped me with makeup, and shown me a number of very important tricks. After I have been to see her, I can't believe how much better I look. Please go, you won't regret it.

NancyJ
10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I've had 3 professional transformations, and each was very special in it's own way. The best were at "The Changing Room" in Boston that I see someone else mentioned. Unbelievable and wonderful. I was there for 4 hours and wished it could go on forever. My first was at Emerald Fantasy in Seattle and you can read my story on the Emerald Fantasy website posted as Nancy's Story. Angle was great, took me shopping to Penney's where I tried on many outfits, and I went out for dinner with her. I also had a transformation at Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas. I looked great, and they were welcoming and professional, but I had a bit of a strange vibe while I was there, like they were more into the $$ than the experience, or maybe bored with it or something. I would go again to the Changing Room or Emerald Fantasy in a heartbeat, just don't travel alone for work any more. Nancy

Leann68
10-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes, I have had a professional make over 3 different times and places, my first was at a Place in Denver Colorado called Studio Lights, and I highly recommend them to any one who lives or goes to Denver, The made me feel very relaxed and did a wonderful job. When they were finished I looked in the mirror and could not believe what I was seeing. Go for it.

janiceMA
10-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I have been to Florences in Wakefield MA. great experience and wonderful people

brassieres
10-08-2013, 12:51 AM
I forgot about Florences, are they still around?

mariehart
10-08-2013, 03:58 AM
I been to a transformation service three times. Twice at 'Transformation' in London. Enjoyed it, although thought it expensive and I really didn't like the clothes too much. Oddly enough I got hit on by a man when I was browsing en femme in their shop downstairs. So I guess they did a good job.
Once in a place in Dublin who had over the top security measures. That was a bit odd and there was something a bit sleazy about it. I hasten to add, it's gone now and nothing to do with any of the transformation services in Ireland now.

I see TG North in Vermont was mentioned. I was sent to Vermont by my former company once. You have one guess who that famous company is? It was only when I came home that I realised TG North was there. So frustrating. Later I was due to sent again and got really excited only for it to be cancelled. Bummer!

I'm seriously thinking about going to one here soon. It would be nice to be fussed over.

Sarasometimes
10-08-2013, 07:24 AM
I know that Glamour Boutique in NJ is run by a wonderful gentleman with a great staff but unsure about the Boston location. I started out using such services in the NJ/NY/Pa. area with at best mixed success. The only one that was good is not around, she retired to raise her kids. I then moved onto using regular hair salon with makeup artists. Use the reviews here and elsewhere to guide you. Some of these services are expensive and not very good from my experiences. I have found so many salons willing to help me that I can't find time to patronize them all.
In the beginning, I would let them know that I would change at the salon (if they were OK with that). Since you mention that this is all new a service may be the best way to start. Especially if you need clothing and such. Good luck and have fun!

june58
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
does anyone know of a transformation service in the Minneapolis area?

Lexi Moralas
10-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Always wanted to go here but can never seem to find the time. They do an amazing job

beth_30
10-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh my God, I just had 2 makeovers while in KL and I had the time of my life. I'm actually going to make a new thread about it because it was such an amazing experience!

Long story short - I went from Monday morning having never been out dressed up to Saturday night going to a busy shopping mall for a meal and then clubbing with 2 other CDers and some other girls.

I was absolutely petrified before, and I can relate about worrying about making first contact. But from the moment I met my 'helper' as she liked to be called I was totally at ease and, I must say, it went much better than I could ever have hoped!

Dianeob
10-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Highly recommend Scarlett in your area. She used to be affiliated with Glamour Boutique but is now on her own. Does great work, fantasivly friendly person as well

tifftg
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I have gone to two different places. Johanna in Chicago, a 50th birthday gift to myself. That evening I went out with some other girls, marvelous evening. The other time was w Veronica here in Phoenix. I love those photos the most and wish I would have been able to go to one of the clubs here.

Sometimes Steffi
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I've gone to Vanity Wilde in Houston and Amanda Rich in Bethlehem PA, plus once with Amy from Las Vegas at the Keystone Conference.

They were all incredible experiences, but Amanda was my favorite becuase I got 200 digital pics to take home with me.

There are a number of Amanda's girls on this forum.

Robinsinclair
10-09-2013, 04:18 AM
I've done several with Amy from Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas. They are very welcoming and organized. It's a great experience and you will never forget your first time out!