PDA

View Full Version : Best Ladies' Room Conversation Ever?

Bree Wagner
10-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Friday night's conversation in the restroom at the Backyard Bar and Grill presented in all the glory I can remember it.

As our saga opens a young woman, probably late 20s, comes out of the stall while I have my back to her getting some paper towels.
Her: Wow, that's a really pretty dress!
<I turn around>
Me: Thank you!
Her: Where did you get it?
Me: I got it at Goodwill.
Her: What's that?
Me: ....
Her: Oh, wait, I know what that is. Where is it?
<I eventually remember what crossroads it's near and tell her as I wonder if she thinks she can head there and just get another dress like mine off the rack>
He: I hope this isn't rude, but can I ask where you got your hair? It's very nice.
<At this point I figure she knows about me>
Me: I got it in Denver.
Her: You went all the way to Denver to get it?
Me: No, I live there.
Her: Oh, I suppose that makes sense then. It's really nice.
Me: Thanks, my wife actually picked it out for me.
Her: <Looking a bit confused> Oh, I guess that thing is legal out there?
<Now I'm pretty sure she doesn't know, just thought I was wearing a wig>
Me: Honey, I'm a boy. Being married to a woman is pretty easy for us!
<Never thought I'd say anything like that to a girl!>
Her: Ooohhhhhhhh! Huh. I guess so. Well, you're very pretty.
Me: Thanks! But I can't hold a candle to you!
Her: Nah, I'm just in sweats... --topic change-- How much was that dress?
Me: $8
Her: Oh, that is so unfair. We can't be friends any more after that deal. Cya.
Me: Have a good night
<We walked out of the bathroom, huge smile on my face>

My wife thought the whole conversation was hilarious when I relayed it to her later that night.

Raychel
10-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Great story Bree, Thanks for sharing I with us.
Good that your wife got a chuckle out of it as well.

Nikki A.
10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Well it is a pretty dress. Nice conversation though

UNDERDRESSER
10-06-2013, 08:46 AM
LOL, I would love to have listened in on her talking to her friends after that!

"You won't believe the person I met at the grill the other day!"

Also, you have introduced her to the plus points of shopping at thrift shops! Great dress, really looks good on you, not surprised she commented.

vallerie lacy
10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Loved your story. Doesn't get much better than that. Bet she's still scratching her head.

Rogina B
10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
What is in your panties is for you to know..if pressed,you are TG...And it is easy to avoid being pressed as well..Do you think a GG would have answered those questions in the same way? No way! lol

stephNE
10-06-2013, 08:56 AM
That is awesome! I'll bet you had a big smile and were glowing! You are VERY passable. S.

Michelle (Oz)
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Lovly story Bree. Out of interest how male is your voice? I avoid conversations in the ladies. And you got my 500th post ... lucky you.

Beverley Sims
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Yes, the best conversation I have heard.
Mine have been between other girls that I know and some have been strange to say the least.

deebra
10-06-2013, 09:03 AM
From the back gg's and cd's have the same equipment, gg's just have more curves but not all of them; some gg's are straight and some cd's wear corset's, you have to turn both of them around to find out.

Alice Torn
10-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow! I don't think that happens very often, maybe once in a thousand visits to the ladies room! You must have a good lady voice, too. I would guess that most gg's would scream, or scold a man in a dress, in the ladies room.

Allesandra Rhodes
10-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Haha! Nice Bree! Well played!

Whoa! EIGHT DOLLARS!

I'm sorry but we can't be friends after that deal

Priceless:D

NathalieX66
10-06-2013, 11:22 AM
That's awesome! You look awesome!

I've only mildly conversed in the ladies's room while primping. Maybe it's out of nervousness of being outed, but you broke that barrier. Congrats!

k lynn
10-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Very pretty dress for only $8.00 you stoled it you rule it.

Marcelle
10-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Wonderful story Bree. That must have made your night . . . Love it "Honey I'm a boy. Being married to a woman is easy for us".

Hugs

Isha

S. Lisa Smith
10-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Really wonderful and you look great!!!! You have the best adventures!!

Caitlin_85
10-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Great story...it's so nice to hear encounters like that.

Stephanie47
10-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I had a good chuckle that the girl did not know what Goodwill is. Yes, Goodwill does have some great bargains. Around here there are $1.29 mark down sales on Monday. Right now our local Goodwill stores have dragged out the evening gowns and bridal gowns and put them in the Halloween costume sections. I wonder which sex Goodwill is marketing to???

AllieSF
10-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Great story. I haven't had one quite that interesting, but have had a lot of good ones, even in the Ladies' Room.

Requal Jo
10-06-2013, 02:08 PM
This conversation bought a laugh to my lips Bree. Does the mean that the younger generation are becoming more understanding and accepting? Love the dress.

Persephone
10-06-2013, 03:30 PM
The dress is stunning! And you look lovely in it! Really works for you!

The conversation is hysterical!

<At this point I figure she knows about me>

We all tend to go straight to that assumption in these situations, but frequently we jump the gun. Personally, I've worked on not jumping to that assumption, I don't acknowledge it unless they say it point blank.

[But I'm still sitting here and laughing at how your conversation went, even a couple of minutes later].

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kim_Bitzflick
10-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Bree,

That was great. I guess that means you got it all. A great dress, personality, and passability.

Congratulations! You've graduated from Crossdressers high school.

Robynts
10-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I expect a barrage of slings and arrows . . . . . but it had to be a blonde!

Megan72
10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I love it! And the dress too.

Sarasometimes
10-06-2013, 07:04 PM
My voice is a dead giveaway if I get that far. i avoid the ladies room whenever I can. I know most every Starbucks has unisex one seaters, better safe than sorry.

JamieG
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Great story, especially this bit: "Honey, I'm a boy. Being married to a woman is pretty easy for us!" :roflmao:

BLUE ORCHID
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi Bree, You don't suppose that she was a natural blonde do you.
It sure sounds like she was.

Erica Marie
10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Bree that is a story we all wish we could tell. I bet it felt absolutely wonderful to be looked at as a female. She sounds like a very nice person. If we all had wonderful experiences like that things would be great.
Oh by the way you look wonderful in your $8.00 dress. Super bargain.

Bree Wagner
10-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm glad I could give out a few laughs!

Lovly story Bree. Out of interest how male is your voice?

I think my voice is very male but I try pretty hard to keep it out of my normal register. I like to think I can make 50% of people guess at 10 feet but if I open my mouth it's all over. Maybe it's not quite that bad.

Does the mean that the younger generation are becoming more understanding and accepting?

I think so, but it's certainly still a mixed bag. You've almost always gotta play it by ear and let the circumstances dictate. There's no way this conversation would have gone the way it did without me getting a pretty good idea of how she'd react based on her questions and body language.

We all tend to go straight to that assumption in these situations, but frequently we jump the gun. Personally, I've worked on not jumping to that assumption, I don't acknowledge it unless they say it point blank.

Agreed, but this opportunity was too good to pass up! :heehee:

Bree,

That was great. I guess that means you got it all. A great dress, personality, and passability.

Congratulations! You've graduated from Crossdressers high school.

Was that the final exam? I'm not sure I'm ready to graduate! I'm pretty sure I'm still acting like a teenager because of how new this still is to me.

No comment! :o

AmyGaleRT
10-07-2013, 02:10 AM
What a story, Bree! I doubt I'd do as well if suddenly approached by another girl in the ladies' room like that...I may have a good femme voice but I'd probably be too flustered and nervous to answer as well as you did!

I also have to give the girl full marks for not immediately running off screaming, "There's a MAN in a DRESS in the ladies' room!" She seemed to take it in stride. Perhaps one day that girl will be in a conversation with some woman who says, "Hmph! I wouldn't want any of those MEN pretending to be women in OUR restrooms!" and she can tell her, "Oh, I ran into one once. He, or she, wasn't being a perv or anything. She looked nice and was very polite, in fact. It was no big deal, really."

And one more thing...you found that dress for eight dollars? Yep, you're a woman, all right. :D

- Amy

Kate Simmons
10-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I'm guessing that gal was a bit of a bubble head Bree. :)

Bree Wagner
10-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Perhaps one day that girl will be in a conversation with some woman who says, "Hmph! I wouldn't want any of those MEN pretending to be women in OUR restrooms!" and she can tell her, "Oh, I ran into one once. He, or she, wasn't being a perv or anything. She looked nice and was very polite, in fact. It was no big deal, really."

Amy, you're so right. That would be the ideal result. Even if she left saying "we can't be friends" I think I did OK. :)

Lorileah
10-07-2013, 06:02 PM

I don't get it...:idontknow:

paulaprimo
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
very funny story bree! you probably could of sold her a bridge while you were talking to her.
sounded like you were talking to my ex, but you did say she was in her 20's... :)

AmyGaleRT
10-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Amy, you're so right. That would be the ideal result. Even if she left saying "we can't be friends" I think I did OK. :)

Oh, that was just her being jealous over the great deal you got on the dress. And I don't blame her! ;) :heehee:

- Amy

vikki2020
10-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Funny story! I'm always kind of amazed by how nice the girls are in the restrooms!

SaraNZ
10-08-2013, 03:40 AM
wow...it is a great dress!

Lexi Moralas
10-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Sound like a great interaction! And that is an amazing dress!
I love good will ! Find a lot of great stuff there for very little money

secretlyme
10-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Too awesome; your posts inspire me. Maybe one day I'll be at a place in my life to venture out. I'm just not quite there yet. Great story and great find with the outfit.

jenni_xx
10-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Great conversation.

Of course, it's all from memory, but we get the gist of it all, even if it has been a little "romanticed".

Eryn
10-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Great conversation, but I don't think that I would be up to "breaking the fourth wall" as you did. I never assume that I've been "made" for the reason that Persephone stated above, there's still a very good chance that I haven't! In a bathroom/dressing room situation especially I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!

gautier_nikolai
10-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Great dress and great story.You come across as a laid-back, fun, cool chick Bree!Rock on!

Diversity
10-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Good story Bree! I quite enjoyed it!
Di

Bree Wagner
10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Too awesome; your posts inspire me. Maybe one day I'll be at a place in my life to venture out. I'm just not quite there yet. Great story and great find with the outfit.

Thanks Secretlyme, I hope you get what your heart desires sometime. It always warms my heart to hear that I'm an inspiration, because I sure don't see myself that way. I stand on the shoulders of giants...

In a bathroom/dressing room situation especially I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!

Oh absolutely not! It sucks when that happen. It has only happened to me once where just walking into a dressing room a woman lost it and ran away. I felt awful and went scurrying home and I hadn't even said a word. This time was a matter of just reading the situation and having a pretty good inkling that it'd be OK. I'd never want to incite anything or make anyone else feel intentional discomfort in a situation like that.

Great dress and great story.You come across as a laid-back, fun, cool chick Bree!Rock on!

Yes, yes I am. :D Thanks for pointing it out.

Sometimes Steffi
10-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I keep thinking about it from the GG's side of it.

No offense intended Bree, because you looked wonderful, but was she wearing "beer glasses"?

Can you see her going back to her table and telling her GFs, "I met this woman in the ladies room who was wearing a beautiful long dress. She didn't even want to tell me where she got it, because she said Goodwill. She she told me she was married to a woman. I figured that she was lez, but she insisted she was really a dude. I'll believe that when pigs can fly."

Eryn
10-09-2013, 01:36 AM
...I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!

Oh absolutely not! It sucks when that happen. It has only happened to me once where just walking into a dressing room a woman lost it and ran away.

Unless you were really doing the "bloke in a dress" thing it is unlikely that she ran away simply by looking at you. If that were the case she'd be running away from a lot of GGs because quite a few have masculine features. There was probably something else going on with that individual.

Last Monday I was in a Dress Barn trying on clothes. The dressing rooms open to a common area and it is normal for several women to be there looking at each other's selections. I was asked my opinion on clothes and even asked for assistance with zippers. One lady whose skirt I critiqued headed back to her dressing room and nonchalantly unzipped the skirt on the way to the door. If this 6'2" lady with rather angular features caused her any concern she did a great job of hiding it!

I think that the biggest hurdle we have with this thing we call "passing" is simply accepting ourselves as women. GGs have no problem with this because they know in their heart of hearts that they are. We aren't quite so lucky, but the attitude can be learned.

AllieSF
10-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Well said Eryn. I have had similar experiences in the dressing room and take the same attitude.

Bree Wagner
10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Unless you were really doing the "bloke in a dress" thing it is unlikely that she ran away simply by looking at you. If that were the case she'd be running away from a lot of GGs because quite a few have masculine features. There was probably something else going on with that individual.

There certainly could have been something going on with her. I don't think I was doing a 'bloke in a dress' thing, though I wasn't nearly as practiced as I am today. The woman started to say "What do you think of this?" and it turned into "Are you a man?" as she ran back into her stall. All of that was from 10-15 feet away without me saying a word. I wrote about it last year here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?177007-Sent-Scurrying-Home/page2) and it includes the visual evidence.

Things have sure been better recently and what you said about accepting ourselves and the attitude that shows on our faces is the most important part. A big smile goes a long way in every situation.

-Bree

Leeza
10-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I went out in public for the first time Monday night and I was scared to death. It wasn't anything major, just drove around and then noticed I needed to get gas, and had to stop and get out. I was so nervous someone was going to say something but was not even noticed or at least nobody said anything. I am hoping to get to where you all are one day. You all inspire me and I am so thankful for this site.

Sometimes Steffi
10-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Bree

I looked back at the older post and there is quite a diference. If you don't mind my asking, what do you do to get such a cute, feminine look now?

Bree Wagner
10-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Bree

I looked back at the older post and there is quite a diference. If you don't mind my asking, what do you do to get such a cute, feminine look now?

Lots! :) Better hair maybe made the most difference. The second most important thing I probably did was a make-up lesson at MAC. I learned a ton and usually recreate the look I achieved there with a little bit of variation.

Past that, it's practice and attitude. A smile goes a long way! Even in those old pictures there's a huge difference when I'm smiling. The smile is harder to show when you're nervous and I probably was still pretty nervous at that time since I'd only been going out a few months.

-Bree

Jennifer Marie P.
10-14-2013, 09:10 AM
That dress is very pretty.

Heather_Shirly
10-14-2013, 04:42 PM
That is awesome! Nice job!

Great dress for $8 as well!!!!! You look great in it!

christiecox74
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Sallee
10-22-2013, 06:18 PM
great story I guess you know you pass:)

cdxmatty
10-22-2013, 06:24 PM
ohh i love that dress! you look like a million bucks babe :)

Vanessa01
10-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Nice story :)

Denise Johnson
10-22-2013, 09:43 PM
I would of like to see the look on her face when you told here that LOL