PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing & excitement...

Victoriana
10-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi,

When you started to dress when young for how many was it a fetish or for sexual reasons? And as you got older did you girls lose that sexual excitement from dressing? Was it more about the dressing when you got older? Just wondering. :o

Robin777
10-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I cannot speak for anyone but myself, I started dressing when I hit puberty and it was for sexual reasons. then I got a few years older I realized it was more than the sexual part,it was me connecting with another part of me. Then it was more about the dressing. I would quit for a while,then I couldn't live with myself. I had to dress to satisfy something in me.

Allesandra Rhodes
10-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I think I was trying to replace the female presence missing so much in my life. As time grew on me I found out the female presence was inside me. Sure I like how I look all dolled up. But I guess it's never been totally a fetish or about sex. I love the girl in the mirror, and I try to be more like her everyday.

NathalieX66
10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I was age 6 or 7 , and wanted to dress like the girls in the neighborhood. I had no ambition to be a girl, I just wanted to look like them. Now I dress as female pretty much most of the time except for work.

I am a firm believer that denial only suppresses feelings, and accentuates things more dramatically as compensation. I think many crossdressers overcompensate in order to achieve a state that they wish they were but aren't.

docrobbysherry
10-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Nothing excites me or gets my motor running like Sherry does! And, I'm 70.

NathalieX66
10-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Sherry, you are a riot. ......10 times better in real person than this forum will ever show.
Cheers!
Love Nathalie

edith
10-06-2013, 10:47 PM
My fascination with wearing makeup and girl's clothes started well before I had any notion of sex (6 years old). When I hit puberty it became sexual, and that is part of why I was unable to come to terms with it. I suppressed for most of my 20s and when I finally broke again I was delighted to find out that it wasn't inherently sexual at all, for me.

Karren H
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
At 7.... I don't think I knew what sex or a fetish was....

Angie G
10-06-2013, 10:52 PM
For me it's always been about the dressing. I've alway liked feeling girly.:hugs:
Angie

Cynthia Anne
10-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Well as I think back I don't think I knew much about sex at the age of four! go figure

Rachael Leigh
10-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Yes for me the excitment was less I still though get a thrill when the makeup starts going on, but mostly it's just a part of well normal but what is that?

ReineD
10-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Just want to say that it's true, young children are not aware of sexual intercourse or fetishes.

But, they are aware of their own bodies, their sexuality, their gender, and what feels good. As young as 3 to 5 years old. Experimentation continues until full fruition during the teenage years.

http://nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/saam_2013_an-overview-of-healthy-childhood-sexual-development.pdf

http://hss.state.ak.us/ocs/Publications/pdf/sexualdevelop-children.pdf

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/sexual_health/development.html#a_Preschool__Ages_3_to_5_

This isn't to say that it's sexual for everyone at a preschool age the way it is when older. But it can certainly have roots in sexual awareness at that age.

The OP may not have worded the question clearly (I suppose we can define "young" as toddler or teenager), but for how many of you was it sexual during the teenage years?

Allison Quinn
10-07-2013, 12:03 AM
I've been dressing ever since I can remember. So no I don't think it was for any sexual needs that young :P I remember not being confused just being very happy, warm and nice feeling when I looked into the mirror and saw a girl staring back c:
I tried to make it sexual at one point. I wanted it to be, I wanted it to be something that was a little easier to explain :P It wasn't, and it still isn't now that I know what I really dress for :)

TheMissus
10-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Reine is right - fetish can and usually does start in early childhood when curiosity and exploration is at its height and long before sex is known about. Then puberty sexualizes whatever activity the child was engaging in and voila, you have a lifelong imprint that can change over time to become an actual lifestyle, or it can remain where it started.

That's not to say this is the case for people here (I know many here are TG) but it's a reality for many people with a fetish. BDSM is considered a lifestyle by some while others just indulge occasionally. Adult Babies are another group that can shift from fetish to lifestyle.

Being the 'vanilla' type married to a kinky guy, I find all this fascinating! :)

Zylia
10-07-2013, 12:40 AM
The first times I did it I wasn't aware that it was something sexual because I was pretty young, but yes to all three questions.

The sexual aspect of cross-dressing is the big huge pink elephant in the room here.

Mink
10-07-2013, 01:13 AM
as a young young kid i'm not sure... i guess i was kind of out of it in terms of WHAT it was when i was that young or experiencing... i was def. later to The Game than most though in terms of coming into sexual feelings ... and then not really dating until much later than most... which kind of makes me feel like it had become sort of a replacement thing for me...

but now i'm stuck with it!

i think my problem is that it is indeed somewhat both... sexual AND lifestyle... i can wear a dress and undies out and be just fine and not turned on really at all but then other times i can be quite turned on! i think it depends on context

having both sides of it is very strange and frustrating... if it was just one side or the other it'd be much easier to deal with! ... maybe i should hope it becomes more just about the dressing as i get older? (then again... maybe not! such fun!)

also yeah... the sexual / fetish side of it IS the big elephant in the room for this place and one of the things that always made me a bit freaked out to post on here... but there's so many awesome issues to discuss with this world that i had to take the plunge... i understand wanting to keep things more civil and pg-rated but it can also be super frustrating to want to talk in a more adult matter about... adult issues!

Then puberty sexualizes whatever activity the child was engaging in

sorry just had the image of someone then growing into a dinosaur or building block fetish!

Vickie_CDTV
10-07-2013, 01:29 AM
I knew from about 5 I had a fetish for certain items, even though I did not know what the condition was called, or why I felt the way I did. By the time I was in my early teens, I knew what it was and could name it. TheMissus was not kidding, this absolutely does happen, at least to some young boys.

However, I felt, almost like it was instinct, it was something to be ashamed of and I had to keep it a secret.

GenderCurious Andrea
10-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Like most of the girls on this forum I started dressing a little before puberty but I have to say I had a strong attraction to women even before then. Kids seem to be maturing sexually at much earlier ages and I was no exception. Although now dressing satisfies a much deeper part of me I do have to admit there was and still is a very strong sense of sexual satisfaction when I dress. I can only speak for myself but I feel kids have a pretty good understanding of there mind body soul even at a young age. I know I did and the members of the LGBT community that I have had the honor of becoming close friends with had a pretty good understanding even before grade school or even in the peak of development. For them gender identity was never a choice and I feel the same goes for me : )

jennytvx
10-07-2013, 01:56 AM
when i dressed at 6 and begged my mom to let me wear a dress, I am sure I did not have any sexual thoughts. I just wanted to be a girl. But when i hit puberty, my need to dress almost always ended with some sort of a release. But when i got older, it's about feeling like a woman and doing everyday house chores enfemme. It has taken many years of adult life that this is a part of me that I tried to suppress. But now I embrace it and try to be feminine as much as I can to feel whole.

AmyGaleRT
10-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Victoriana, that's about what happened with me. I was primarily a fetish dresser at first, and didn't dress in anything but nightgowns after my first explorations. Then I decided to try an actual dress...and felt differently from when I was wearing my nighties. Not aroused, just happy and content. From that point, I started buying more dresses and other daywear, and building up my femme presentation. Oh, I still like my nightgowns, but they don't arouse me as much anymore, because I have a better picture of myself as a woman now, and am seeing that as an extension of it.

- Amy

Beverley Sims
10-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Fun, sex and fetish when I was younger.
Still fun and sexy looking when I go to parties.
I enjoy myself then.
Projecting my image as a woman.

Erica Marie
10-07-2013, 06:04 AM
For me it was pretty much experimenting when I was in my early teens. Then it progressed over the years to where I found a whole another side of me. There is a girl inside that needed time to find her way out.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2013, 07:13 AM
The sex part was a by product due to raging hormones. When I started dressing at an early age it was more that I felt it was the thing to do Initially.:battingeyelashes::)

Cheryl T
10-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Yes, when I was younger it was a fetish thing for the excitement and danger and forbidden aspects. Of course I began before I knew what any of that was (about 7) so it moved in that direction during puberty. Later on I realized that was not my reason for doing it and found that it was simply to express who I am.
Now there's no longer that feeling, especially since I came out to my wife and have her full acceptance. I dress every day and it's simply to be me. There's no more fetish excitement than any other woman would have getting dressed.

Ressie
10-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Nothing excites me or gets my motor running like Sherry does! And, I'm 70.

This is a recurring topic and I keep agreeing with Sherry. I think if I dressed all the time it wouldn't be stimulating to me anymore. Stimulating is what I like so I'm usually in male mode.

Kate's at home
10-07-2013, 08:07 AM
As I started dressing at ages 4-6, all I can say was I was curious then about both the feeling and look of the clothes on me (long tricot nightgowns with lace), and I could imagine myself as a girl. Emotionally role playing gender even then I suppose. Within dressing just a few times the ambivalence set in that I remember and continues to this day.

What started out as curiousity led to 'the' enduring question.

Only in early to mid teens did the sexual component kick in. Even then though, the the 'need' to experience myself as the feminine was the essential driving factor, and remains so to this day some 50 years later.

All I can say is that it has always been about an ongoing emotional and psychological desire with a strong sensual comonent.

Kate

NicoleScott
10-07-2013, 08:16 AM
It's always been an arousing experience for me. It never moved away from excitement to, as some say, expressing the "woman in me". I don't have a woman in me, just a guy who likes to dress up occasionally. I've always wondered why such excitmement started way before I had any awareness of sexual feelings.

petrahughes
10-07-2013, 08:43 AM
My urge to be Petra is exiting to me, and more achievable now than it was when i was a teen, due to my financial situation. I think about being Petra every day, and when I be become the girl within, I am all a quiver. I just love the feeling of being a female, but I am a naughty female !!! And my excitement usually gets the better of me by the end of the day. :@)

vallerie lacy
10-07-2013, 08:53 AM
It's always been a turn on for me also. There has never been a woman in me, only a girly girl who loves the look and feel of nylon and lace against my skin, and the thrill of putting on makeup. The makeup alone can arouse me. Sure wish I could recall my very young days a lot better. Makes me wonder what type of person I would have been without the mellowing effect of crossdressing.

Laura28
10-07-2013, 09:42 AM
For me it was sexual when i started at least i got sexually excited, but i think it was more then looking back on it, i had a need to dress like a girl, now some 50 years later that need is still there and it is not sexual at all it is relaxing. when i am dressed i feel whole and at peace with my self.

Michelle55
10-07-2013, 10:19 AM
It's always been and still is a big turnon for me too. The sexual part used to be a much bigger part of getting dressed, but now I enjoy being dressed and staying that way for the entire day when I can.

MysticLady
10-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Being the 'vanilla' type married to a kinky guy, I find all this fascinating! :)

Missus, there is nothing wrong w/ adding a little spice too a marriage. As I've always said, between a man and his wife, homosexuality, does not exist. It is a right, a perk, for a committed couple.

When I first started experimenting wearing women clothes was @ 10ish. Yes, it was sexually stimulating for me and since I didn't know otherwise, I assumed that why I enjoyed dressing. As the years and knowledge piled on, I realized that this "stimulation" was more than a sexual experience, it was a lifestyle, a state of being. The sexual part of it became more of a partial highlight instead of "the highlight" of my dressing experience. I put it on the shelf @ 15 when "other" things started occupying my interests and time. Then @ middle of last year, it hit me like water from a bursted Dam. I wanted to experience it all. Now, it is just another part of me like anything else. It causes an arousal still but, it's more of an inner feelings arousal, if that makes any sense. Just my two bits.:)

samanthasolo
10-07-2013, 11:28 AM
It was always about the dressing and there has always been an arousal factor. It is somewhat different now because I am attracted to the girl in the mirror and I have the comfort factor now that I didn't have when I was young. I am accepting of my dressing and who I am and I have a relationship with myself and my wife where as I don't have to feel ashamed

Trishpdxcd2
10-07-2013, 11:41 AM
While dressing has morphed into something a little more for me it is still highly sexual. I am a late bloomer and only started dressing 6 years ago.

linny_aggy
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Victoriana dear..seems u r very young or kinda new to dressing...
Most of us CDs particularly have the same "story"..
I for one started if i remember correctly when i was perhaps 12 or 13..when i sneaked my mom's bra & a slinky scarf into the bathroom & tried it on..thereafter it is once i became independent at about 21/22 yrs when i started getting my own wardrobe..mostly thru garage & Thanksgiving sales..thru out, whenever i dressed, i guess was for sheer sexual delight..and it continues to this day !!
Well there is a diff in the surge of adrenalin rush that i derive now..the urge to be a perfectionist (in my own terms)..I've yet to lose the excitement from dressing, as u put it..n i don't think i'll ever lose that feeling !

NatalieBliss
10-07-2013, 01:13 PM
I started off just wanting to know what it was like to be feminine. But then puberty... I don't know exactly how long it was mostly a fetish, but probably all my teen years into the 20s. There is still occasionally a little bit of a sexual edge that creeps in from time to time for sure but generally I just like exploring that part of myself more.

Ressie
10-07-2013, 01:22 PM
The OP may not have worded the question clearly (I suppose we can define "young" as toddler or teenager), but for how many of you was it sexual during the teenage years?

Me! (raises hand). I did a little research on this decades ago and what I found may have changed by now, and I'm totally paraphrase what I remember.

"A family member may dress a little boy in some fem clothing to see how cute they will look. Or the child may out of curiosity try on something on his own. At puberty there tends to be a curiosity to repeat the feeling (from years earlier) of wearing female clothing. The result is strong, sexual arousal."

I'm sure this isn't true in every CD's case, but it is in mine. I remember wearing fem articles of clothing a couple of times when I was very young. But I sometimes wonder if there were more instances that I don't remember.

Lorileah
10-07-2013, 02:42 PM
When you are at puberty, breathing is exciting. So many will have dressed at one time or another and felt a sexual charge. I sort of think that some GG do the same early in life (we know they get "over it: quicker than CDs do). But like many above, the idea of dressing was long before sexual feelings. In my case early (teens) I didn't dress as much because, well there were so many other things that were "exciting". Then later after marriage and during college, dressing for sexual purposes increased because it was a quick and easy ...:) But those who continued after that get less and less sexual and more and more internally personal.

SandraV
10-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Don't recall exactly how young I was, but it started before puberty, before I had any idea what sex or a fetish was.

robindee36
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
It has always been about two things, sex and sexuality. Sometimes more of the former, sometimes more of the latter. Just depends.

Regardless of where the pendulum swings between these two, it is always about having fun. If it was not fun, I'd take up fishing or golf ;)

Hugs, Robin

carhill2mn
10-07-2013, 04:13 PM
When I first became enamored with "dressing" I did not even know there was such a thing as "fetish"; I just knew that I liked to wear women's clothes and shoes!

As a teenager it was"exciting" but that was not the "why". In fact, I preferred to not have that "excitement". As I grew older
that "excitement" lessened and eventually disappeared. So, I am now able to thoroughly enjoy being en femme!

TheMissus
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Me! (raises hand). I did a little research on this decades ago and what I found may have changed by now, and I'm totally paraphrase what I remember.

"A family member may dress a little boy in some fem clothing to see how cute they will look. Or the child may out of curiosity try on something on his own. At puberty there tends to be a curiosity to repeat the feeling (from years earlier) of wearing female clothing. The result is strong, sexual arousal."

I'm sure this isn't true in every CD's case, but it is in mine. I remember wearing fem articles of clothing a couple of times when I was very young. But I sometimes wonder if there were more instances that I don't remember.

Funny thing is, this is also common for little girls - we also try on Daddy's shoes and draw on the handlebar moustache and pretend to be doctors or whatever else we are curious about. But we don't have testosterone to then bring back these curious feelings and emotions at puberty (I know I felt great comfort in my father's shoes and jacket for some reason but I never needed to do this past early childhood) so it's rare that a GG will form such a fetish. I mean, we can, but it seems to take more memorable or traumatic experiences to embed something in our sexuality. I think male hormones are just stronger and perhaps it's just easier for a horny boy to 'get off' on props and visuals and even feminine feelings he remembers as a young child.

This, of course, is only relevant for those boys who were typical boys who just felt curious and excited about girls clothing while continuing to feel and behave like boys. Those who were certain they WERE girls from an early age are most certainly dealing with a gender issue and puberty likely just confuses this for a period.

My H never felt like a girl and still doesn't. He can't even fathom this idea even when in full dress. He just sees the bimbo he created and thinks she's hot, lol.

Caitlin_85
10-07-2013, 06:58 PM
For me I started dressing when I was about 13 or so...I was just drawn to women's clothing for whatever reason. It definitely became sexual through my teen years and twenties. Now the sexual aspect has settled down...but it is still most definitely there. I think it's more now me just expressing how I feel like a girl inside...so it's more of a mental thing.

Barbara Dugan
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Prior to dressing I was asexual, It always confused me why I didn't felt attracted to girls or guys even on High school I had absolutely not desire to chase anybody....it was easy to fill that void with lots of different things....I can't really describe the excitement I felt the first time I used make up and wig , it was like if I let loose the person that was hiding inside me all this time free to express many feelings including sexuality

paulaloha
10-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I started trying on my sisters clothes when I was 4. And continued to do it off and on. I started to make it a bit sexual when I was going through puberty. But I was a mess of raging hormones then, what teenage boy in puberty doesn't make almost everything sexual at that point. After 16 or so when the puberty had calmed down it continued to be a part of me. Now I don't believe it is sexual at all. During my time of coming to grips with who I was and what my identity is I fought with myself wondering long and hard if it was sexual. But it has never really felt that way for me. I just want to be able to express the feminine side of myself whenever she wants to come out!

Zooey
10-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I have days where it's all about fetishistic energy, and days where it's totally not about that. Interestingly enough, I don't have that many days where it's both.

The sexual component has always been there for me, at least since my teens, but over time I think it's become more consistently about sensuality rather than sexuality. There's something about the female form and presentation that is very sensual to me (I'd hope so, as a straight male), even when not presenting traditionally "sexy". I love feeling and projecting that way too.

Jackie59
10-07-2013, 11:27 PM

Sounds familiar... :battingeyelashes:

Mynameisbritt
10-07-2013, 11:34 PM
For me starting at puberty it was very much a sexual thing, I quit dressing for a year but always wanted to go back, ever since going back I feel like I really am Britney for at least one week and thats when i need to satisfy my urge to dress. Long story short, it still brings me sexual arousal but in a way that makes it feel right.

glynnis
10-08-2013, 08:13 AM
To crossdress still arouses me sexually.

Sandra Dee
10-08-2013, 10:06 AM
In the beginning there was a sexual component. Now, many years later not so much. I just feel very comfortable and content with myself when I am dressed.

KarenCDFL
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I have been dressing since I was 3 or 4 an it came on full blown at puberty.

I have to say at that time it may have been sexual but at 12-13 I was full of raging hormone anyway.

Now in my fifties, it is just a way to look how I actually feel inside. Not sexual at all.

I grew up thinking I was CD and as I got older I realized I was TS and unfortunately nothing I can do about it but live as I can.

LilSissyStevie
10-08-2013, 01:32 PM
I've never found crossdressing, per se, to be arousing. What I find arousing is the thought or idea of myself as "feminine" (but not necessarily as female.) Crossdressing is just my pathetic attempt to actualize that. I don't need to crossdress to be aroused but I do need to think of myself as "feminine." On the other hand, thinking of myself as masculine or in a masculine role is a complete turn off.

When I was little, I crossdressed and fantasized about being a girl but it was not sexual. I did have sexual fantasies even at a very young age but they were of the female domination variety. I fantasized about Amazons, giant women, women in uniforms and women with authority over me. In those fantasies I just saw myself as I was (a boy) and not how I wanted to be (a girl.) It wasn't until puberty that I started imagining myself as a girl (or girly) in sexual as well as social situations. It was then that crossdressing took on a sexual dimension.

confusedcder
10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes and unfortunately i have learned it is too sexualised for me wanting to wear panties to bed; that said i don't believe i am a true 100% cder and just had sexual feelings linked in puberty to the female cloth when seeing a woman in a bodystocking on t.v. rather than thinking more about how the woman looked IN the bodystocking. Theres defintly a sexual component and just doesn't feel as good after the you know what to wear the clothes.

jenni_xx
10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
For me, I share the feelings that Robin777 wrote in the very first reply to this thread. My first experience with crossdressing was when I was around 5 years old - my sister and my two cousins (both female) "using" me, having a laugh at their own expense, and dressing me. That experience alone resulted in me feeling things within myself that I'd never experienced before. It was an occasion that I enjoyed so much, yet an occasion that I hid my feelings because, even at that young age, I knew that it was something "wrong", or "out of the ordinary".

My first time dressing on my own, I was, like Robin777, around the age of puberty. Thus my dressing coincided with a very sexual time in my life. It's natural that I would equate the two. For me, to begin with, it was a sexual thing. Over time however, my dressing took on a different meaning - one that was deeper than mere sexual excitement. Now, it's something that isn't sexual at all. It's just a part of me - a significant part - that encapsulates the person who I am.

secretlyme
10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
For me, I'd say it was exciting as a child to experiment with dressing. In my teens and early 20's dressing was definitely sexualized. These days, the makeup and clothes are still exciting as ever - but not any more arousing than anything else in my life. Crossdressing is fun and it makes me feel more like me, but I don't get turned on any more en femme than I would in guy mode.

VictoriaP
10-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Well,I was 8-9 years old the first time but I recall having a REALLY hard penis. I doubt that I understood why.As I got older I enjoyed dressing for lots of reasons and I am sure sex was one. As I aged I enjoyed dressing more for other reasons. THANKS for asking a good question.

michelle60
10-08-2013, 04:28 PM
I can remember to crossdressing in my middle teens getting my arunty's bra out of draws and trying them on it as such a great feeling and its just stayed with me enjoy the feeling of wearing them along with panties both cotton and the nylons ones

Sister Rachel
10-08-2013, 05:05 PM
The first time that I "crossdressed" was putting on a pair of my grandma's knickers ( sheer, translucent and a bit frilly) when I was, I reckon, three years old, and I found it exciting and pleasurable, it gave me (possibly?) my first erection, although at that age of course I had no idea what sexuality was. Later in childhood my CD activity was limited to making my pyjama jacket into a makeshift skirt in my bedroom, I felt a mixture of pleasure and guilt, but I couldn't really say it was a sexual thing per se. ..

Then came puberty .. raiding the laundry basket for my stepmother's bras, knickers, tights and slips and experiencing strong sexual stimulation as I put them on, as I moved through my teens this became quite obsessive and the dressing, when the opportunity arose, more complete, including inexpertly applied lipstick.

These days I sometimes still get a mild erotic stimulation from dressing, but really I do it for the feelings of relaxation and peace with oneself that it brings me .. I think I'm a fetish dresser with a strong feminine side! :)

CynthiaD
10-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I started when I was about three years old, so it definitely wasn't sexual. I sometimes have an intense emotional reaction to dressing, which is almost as intense as something sexual, but it's definitely not the same thing. It's more like finding your way home after you've been lost, or drinking a glass of water when you're dying of thirst. Only much more intense.

When I was younger I had these feelings much more often, but they were never sexual. Right after I hit puberty I would sometimes mistake these feelings for sexual feelings, but even then I was usually able to make the distinction.

hallie
10-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I always liked girly things from a young age and would try on my sisters clothes and play with her barbies. Right when puberty hit at 13 it became a sexual thing immediately. It wasn't until about until my mid 20's when I just started to want to wear clothes to wear them.

Jaymees22
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
When I dressed a few times as a teenager I found it very sexual. When I started again a year and a half ago at 67, I thought it would be sexual. Instead I found it to be so much more, I think I finally found myself. Oh well better late then never! Hugs Jaymee

nikkim83
10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I think it was at one point somewhat sexual but that has never been the driving force.

glynnis
10-09-2013, 09:25 AM
It is not the main reason I dress but I do get sexually aroused when dressed.

Celina
10-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Reine is right - fetish can and usually does start in early childhood when curiosity and exploration is at its height and long before sex is known about. Then puberty sexualizes whatever activity the child was engaging in and voila, you have a lifelong imprint that can change over time to become an actual lifestyle, or it can remain where it started.

This is very true! I remember when I was around 5-8ish that I occasionally got to wear pantyhose. They felt so amazing! It has most certainly stucked to me and envolved into a fetish. Same fetish has also been my way into crossdressing and yes through childhood and the teenage years it was sexual, and honestly, I occasioanlly still feel an arousal when I dress up. Yes to all three questions :)

Pumped
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
It has always been extremely sexual for me. I started well before puberty and did not understand what was going on until a few years later in my teens when I realized the connection. I am not even sure I even knew I had a penis when I started, but I knew about breasts! Even now, 40 years down the road it is still very arousing.

amy96
10-09-2013, 03:43 PM
What a great topic...I think I actually read every post!
For me it has always been sexual, and fetish specific...I started in my late 30s, wanting to feel submissive sexually and wearing clothing styles of women from high school, college, and work that really turned me on. Women I would be with wearing some of those styles, I would want to be myself. I've got a very feminine body style so they fit perfectly...
Right now it's wearing those clothes and shoes and wanting to try an encounter with a man...a slow progression, but one that has been building. Make sense?

michelle60
10-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I guess for me it was just a thrill when I started in my middle teens with a bra of my aunts it was very sexual feeling and that was the feeling every time I had the opportunity to be abel to wear a bra felt great and very comfortable for me but as I have gotten older its no longer sexual it just feel enjoyable and fun and comfortable to me

Megan Nicole
10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow! Many of the replys sound like a repeat of my life story..... Started very young, even 6 or 7 years old. Progressed through the teen years into adulthood. Was mostly a sexual, but I still enjoyed the dressing and would gather items whenever possible to add to my stash! As I've become older (late 40's) I really don't think about the sexual part of it anymore. Still a bit arousing, but more of a feeling "normal", or it's the way things should be. Confusing@%^*!....but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Megan

ClaireTaylor
10-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I started dressing pretty early, long before any sexual urges. Through puberty it did become a turn-on and this continued to a greater or lesser extent until I got the opportunity to spend more time en-femme rather than a few snatched hours. I found that getting into a daily routine bestowed a sense of normality to wearing feminine clothing and it took the urge out of it. It just became a preference, a choice, something I was more comfortable with. This evolution took forty years or so though.

ReineD
10-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Claire, your story is shared by many others here. You bonded with your femme self during all those years of sexual excitement (not unlike couples who form deep, lifelong bonds after their first few years of hot and heavy sex :p). So now you do have a permanent need to express your femininity for comfort. :)

Ruthie Leather
10-10-2013, 05:28 AM
For me I started when I was about 10/11 I guess. Parents went out and I started looking around the house, found my mums shoe cupboard and for some reason started trying them on, then I found a pair of brown knee high leather boots and the feeling I got when I tried those on just blew my mind. It was definitely a sexual thing, but also felt right. From there I started trying on more of my mum's clothes. As I got older, the compulsion to dress has become less of a sexual thing, it just feels right. However, as with gg's there's times of arousal, it's just different en femme compared to guy mode.

NicoleA
10-10-2013, 05:36 AM
I've just resumed dressing after a long hiatus and my motivation has definitely changed in the interim. Where it was previously almost completely a sexual act for me, it's now a pleasant relaxing feeling. It just feels natural to me.

BLUE ORCHID
10-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Hi Victorisns, At around age five it was something that was a lot of fun it just felt so good.

Gypsy Sam
10-10-2013, 08:40 AM
1. Enticed by the laundry basket and the feel of nylon slips,hosiery,and self perception in the hallway mirror at puberty.
2. Remembering the lure of the fabrics and the image in the mirror in my late 20's with sexual release the motivation.
3. Too many no's from the Mrs., and a sexual release in my 30's and 40's.
4. Through this website a cognition of feminine thoughts, and behaviors that led to greater self esteem.
5. The concept here that early childhood experiences latter evolved to feminine expression, is one idea I need to explore.

moonedo
10-10-2013, 01:31 PM
For me it has always had a sexual basis.

camerashy
10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
For me, it started in my late teens / early twenties. I had a girlfriend who let me take provocative pictures of her and seeing her in the beautiful lingerie was a very big turn on for me. So I will have to say it started as a sexual adventure by trying on her lingerie. Since then I have never really wanted to ( or was to afraid to) 'come out of the closet'. I'm currently married and haven't shared with my wife but I often wear her panties while she's away or when I have time alone. So I suppose it still is a sexual thing for me. Ithink !! LOL

Cindia
10-10-2013, 03:19 PM
I didn't start for sexual reasons, I didn't know that wearing my sisters clothes would make me feel like that when I first put them on. Once I figured it out though, I almost exclusively pleasured my self while dressed at first. Its still usually what happens when I dress, though if I had more opportunities to dress it wouldn't be sexual as often. if that makes any sense.

petrahughes
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I think it does make sense, the sexual release or climax if you like is the final act before you have to get changed and then hide the booty...

I find that if given the time, like tonight alone in my hotel, I will spend all eve doing makeup and stay dressed, even stray out for a while. Then stay femme for bed time in my baby doll and bed time bra & panties, finally changing back to my male persona in the morning.

KC Samanatha
10-10-2013, 03:36 PM
This has been a great question thread. Really has made me think of my dressing. For me it was a sexual release when I was a teenager and into my 20s. I believe it was that way because it was so "Taboo" for me. Now in my 40s my wife has known for the past 2 years and is coming to grips with things, but has yet to see Samantha. Small steps, but back to the question. In my 40s tho I have branched out more and dress at least once a week and always underdress the "Taboo" is fading and I can now start to look in the mirror and I see more the woman and less the man. It's been freeing to be certain.

jessicamichelle
10-10-2013, 03:49 PM
There is some degree of sexuality in it, wanting to be attractive and desirable you know, but it also just feels nice and right to be dolled up and en femme. I just like it, the very, very few times I'm able to do so.

franlee
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi,

When you started to dress when young for how many was it a fetish or for sexual reasons? And as you got older did you girls lose that sexual excitement from dressing? Was it more about the dressing when you got older? Just wondering. :o

To answer in order: Yes, No and No. It is still a wonderfully therapeutic and satisfying process.

Victoriana
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. For me it started when I was somewhere around the age of 9 give or take...I really do not know. Pantyhose was the prize...or was it the other way around? Then it was sexual. Almost like substituting dressing for a girl. And now, still fairly sexual. Still figuring it out. :o

kaylynn
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Still kind of figuring things out, but I know I loved dressing since hs.

You know you're a cross dresser when you see a cute pic of heels and immediately wonder if there are any in your size :)

cdmorganashley
10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
i guess i have found female things arousing from a very young age, especially "trendy" stuff that all the cute girls would be wearing... initially i just figured it was the girls i was attracted to but with time i came to see that it was the items they wore that i knew i could wear too and maybe be just like them, which was a very exhilarating thought... i think the excitement at the thought of the fantasy of becoming a girl was just so overwhelming that it aroused me, and at times i still get aroused when i dress now, however, as i dress more and it becomes more normal to me i find it more and more relaxing and it just brings me a peaceful feeling to be in my female things allowing this part of myself to breath

GeorgeA
10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
In my early years it was definitely a sexual excitement. From the beginning I had a fetish (and to some degree still do) for nylons and garter belts. I tried to wear them as often as I could. Then I progressed to slips and panties and skirts. I do not find pantyhose as exciting as many here do. Sometimes I wonder if when I was a youngster and pantyhose were in common use then, if I would become a crossdresser at all.

As my dressing became a "norm" when I began living on my own the sexual aspect diminished and now I find that being in a skirt, nylons and lingerie is much more comfortable and relaxing than male garb.

As I said in my previous posts I have absolutely no feminine feelings when dressed and do not try to look like a woman. I have absolutely on interest in wigs, jewellery, makeup and women's shoes, etc.

What I wear I consider to be "male attire" since worn by a man. I am absolutely a man in a skirt and nothing else.

I have no problem with others on this forum trying to look and feel feminine. To each his own.
I'm just different than most of you here, yet I feel fully at home here and enjoy reading your experiences of "pink fog".

There is such a variety of us here, it's amazing!

By the way, a great topic.

Desirae
10-28-2013, 11:28 AM
It still is for me. My first ever "climax" came when I was dressed. That was like 36 years ago when I was 12 or so.

sl-Stephanie
10-28-2013, 02:40 PM
My first time I was a teenager tried on my sisters bra. just started to really getting into in the last couple of years I guess I find it sexual.