PDA

View Full Version : Any help on going to a spa, pre op?

I Am Paula
10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Christmas will be different this year with Mom gone, and we've decided to keep it simple. The five other women in my family are hot on just all chipping in for a spa day. I'm all for a day spa with maybe a facial, mani pedi, and an eyebrow wax, but they want to go 'resort spa' with steam, or a wrap, massage, and other pampering that may involve dropping the robe. I'm pre op, so you can see the difficulty. With little breast development, I also rely on some chicken cutlets to get where I want, and feel selfconcious without them.
My first thought is that instead of a package deal, I would just choose a few individual treatments. This would cut down on the comeraderie quite a bit.

Anybody been down this road? Could I get away with a one piece suit all day? Any suggestions, proven or not woul be appreciated. When we choose one, should I email, to see if the have any policies/prohibitions?

I would really enjoy a day like this, as some of the girls are just getting to know the real me, and a day of bonding would be great. Also, if I opt out, I'm sure the whole plan will go down in flames, as my family is pretty tight, and would want to include me.

I feel blessed that my relatives accept the new me enough to even think to include me, so I hope somehow we can make this happen.

AllieSF
10-06-2013, 10:56 PM
No experience for me there, but .... how about wearing a decent bra and then just unsnapping it for the back massage. Just tell them that is how you want to do it and they will work around your request. For the bottom, do the same thing with a good coverage pantie or bikini bathing suit bottom. You can also ask them to drape a small hand towel over that area too. If you are comfortable in the group, don't let the workers get in the way of that. They are workers that you will probably never see again. If necessary talk to the spa receptionist and ask for special treatment and I would guess that they will be more than happy to oblige, especially when you are coming in a group, which is more income for them. Good luck and have fun.

Oh, and Merry Christmas a little early too.

Rogina B
10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Wear a bathing suit top and a wrap rather than a tanksuit..You won't have a problem..enjoy!

Kimberly Kael
10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I went to several rather nice spas in Hawaii and Mexico even before beginning HRT and never had a problem. I kept a bathing suit on under my robe while in public areas, which provided a natural place to keep forms for a little shape under my robe. Before services I disclosed my trans nature to the therapist and never had a problem. They work on male and female clients, after all, so what difference does it make? I never felt the need to disclose when making the appointment or checking in.

Sarah V
10-13-2013, 06:34 AM
I would just change discreetly into a big spa wrap towel which fits around your breasts, torso, and which drapes over/covers your lower half. Then put a spa robe on over that. That way when you get a massage, you can just take off your robe, lie down on the table and loosen up the towel leaving nothing exposed that should not be. To move onto another spa station just reverse the process. Enjoy the treatments and getting to spend girl time with you fellow female family members.

MsRenee
10-13-2013, 07:49 AM
I loves Sarahs reply. its very simple and realy comfortable
It sounds like a very nice. well deserved holiday for you and your friends.
Realy nice that hey have acceptex you for you and have included you in their girls day out.
Maybe my S/O and I will do the same for Halloween as that marks the 20th year of my mothers passing.
Hugs
Renee

kimdl93
10-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Interesting way to bond after the passing of a loved one. My mom passed one year ago, last Sunday. Knowing her, we should have noted the occasion by canning tomatoes.

Kimberly Renee
10-13-2013, 10:12 AM
When we choose one, should I email, to see if the have any policies/prohibitions?

No experience with this, but off the top of my head ...
With the notion that preparation is usually better than an unplanned reaction, then yes, I suggest contacting them with full info. Who is to benefit if you show up and force a confrontation? Win or lose, it would only lessen the experience for your group.

If you approach the spa as group of 6 who has a special need, they most likely will try their best to accommodate you. If they don't, then you can take your business elsewhere as well as castrate them on the review boards. (if you are so inclined)