PDA

View Full Version : Too much information!!

Rogina B
10-07-2013, 06:10 AM
I seem to be the only poster on the "great bathroom conversation" thread with an opinion,rather than a cheer. But here goes..Too much info was given in a casual conversation!!! No GG that I know would handle the questions in that way from a stranger. "Nice dress,where did you get it?" Try answering "TJ Max..last one" " Where did you get your hair?" answer "You mean what stylist do I use?...one at home in # " And they would never volunteer that they had a boob job any more than you should say you are a guy.:brolleyes:..Maybe this woman only initially saw a pretty girl in a pretty dress...By the time she was done with you,she had the lowdown and you had a compliment on a dress...Most GGs don't do the bathroom that way...I am surprised others didn't pick up on that but sometimes the cheers get way too loud and drown out the logic...Of course,my opinion only..and I am in a lot of "ladies rooms" in the course of a week...There is more to fitting in than wearing a dress...Does anyone see that there was no reason to "out herself",and no gain from doing so?

I Am Paula
10-07-2013, 06:41 AM
At the same time Rogina, you can't speak for all women. I've met some really chatty ones. You're right in principal, women don't talk much in the ladies, and certainly don't get personal. The most I get is a 'nice shoes', or 'love your bag'. But who knows?

Kate Simmons
10-07-2013, 07:10 AM
My GF usually starts a conversation by complimenting someone but never in that detail initially. :)

NicoleScott
10-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I rarely engage in conversations like that, in boy or girl mode. If spoken to first, I may politely answer but nothing to indicate I want to further that conversation. But I agree with Celeste. There are chatty people, men and women. My wife is one of them. She can be deep into a conversation quickly with a stranger. I have talked to a few people, in both modes, about CDing. It seems to me that people have a curiosity about it, and I don't mind talking about it as long as the conversation stays respectful.

Beverley Sims
10-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Thinking of what type of person Bree might be, I would say as an outgoing person she may have been baiting the other girl to illicit more conversation and reaction out of her.
Under similar circumstances in my younger days a girlfriend or two who would accompany me to the rest room would have helped do something similar.
On the face of it, too much information from someone that is not out.
I think Bree is out enough to carry that conversation off in the spirit that she has.
A bit of devilment I think. :)

GaleWarning
10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Why would Bree lie?
Are you trying to stir?
If so, why?
Mods, please delete this thread.

Jodi
10-07-2013, 11:58 AM
I must disagree. My observations of gg's in the restroom is that they are chatty. Generally, gg's don't go to the restroom alone. Thy go in and out with a friend.

I have observed and participated in much dialogue in the restroom.

Jodi

Deedee Skyblue
10-07-2013, 05:40 PM
From Bree's other posts, it is pretty clear that she goes out a lot, is friendly, and is not adverse to engaging in a friendly conversation. She seems to be a friendly, pleasant and gregarious person. This conversation doesn't seem to be out of line. I agree with Bev, Bree may have been being a little provocative - but if what she wrote is accurate (and there is no reason to believe it isn't) I don't see any harm, and it sounds like both ladies enjoyed it.

Deedee

Lorileah
10-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Does anyone see that there was no reason to "out herself",and no gain from doing so?

Knowing the person you are talking about, it was HER decision to reveal what she wanted to reveal. No reason? She had her reasons.

I must use the wrong restrooms. They ask about your hair, your shoes, your dress, your make up and some will talk to you about their kids or the latest TV show. I have heard some VERY personal conversations across the partition (of course they were at bars or large social gatherings and do involve who wants to be sleeping with whom and in what position...). I have been asked if I had "met anyone tonight". Context of where the conversation occurred, this wasn't the mall, she was at a bar.

AllieSF
10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
So far anyway, Rogina, you appear to be in a minority. I go out all the time and have gotten into many conversations while waiting in line to use that tiny "one holer" restroom. That one where the line goes from inside the restroom out the open door and into the hallway or main room. It does not happen all the time. For me anyway, it seems to happen where people are having fun, the crowd noise is louder than a funeral parlor and there tends to be a wonderful mix of people from just 21 (or maybe not with false ID) to some of us rare older folks, places that include the obvious bar and club scenarios to some pretty upscale restaurants and theaters at intermissions.

Bree probably could not write down everything that was said, nor the type of crowd that was there. It did sound like a fun place and doesn't surprise me that she got into a conversation. You seem to want to bring up a "You shouldn't do that" approach to someone just being themselves, having a good time and going with the flow. Bree knows what she looks like in real life and not just in her hand picked pictures that she posts here. She probably knows very well when someone should be able to read her. I know that I do, and sometimes I am wrong in my original assumption about being read. However, that may or may not have any impact on how I may have answered someone with direct questions to me about me. You see, I generally never really care what anyone else thinks. I behave myself on my terms not on someone else's. My success rate of being out and not being rejected when I start a conversation with a complete stranger is about 99.5% plus or minus a few hundreds of a percent.

We are all ambassadors out there when we react with others, or even when someone sees us. I am, and I believe that Bree is too, a very good ambassador. Even someone that may not meet my dressing or presentation style while out is or can be a good ambassador too, including the bearded man in a dress and our local San Francisco and Berkeley "naked guys". People need to see as many of the different types of us as possible to help realize that we are no different than their community mix of people, including that redneck neighbor in the wife beater sweatshirt, combat boots and that little Rebel flag in the back window of his big wheeled red pickup truck, who also just happens to cut their other elderly neighbor's grass.

Dressing differently does not mean that someone is not a nice person. Responding to someone's questions honestly is not only honorable but also good for the rest of us. I see no reason for us to hide and hope that no one notices when we are around. Be out and be proud.

Sheila11
10-07-2013, 06:26 PM
A few drinks can sure loosen the tongue. I think we have all had someone in a bar share way to much info after way to much drink.

Michelle (Oz)
10-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately I've never had such a conversiton in the ladies. I tend to be a bit paranoid in not wanting to be discovered as a man in a ladies bathroom so I keep to myself where possible.

That said, I quite believe such a conversation could happen. I've had GGs talk to me knowing that I'm male but they treat me as female in terms of mannerisms and conversation topics. This includes liking the colour of my hair (wig). Many females are chatty and understand the joy of being female. They are prepared to look past the maleness.

These are terrific and memorable experiences.

Rogina B
10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I have conversations in the ladies room all the time..However,this girl obviously initially was sure she was talking to a GG and focused on the dress..It could have stayed like that..In the end it is a boy in a dress...Way too much info..Or better put "Do they REALLY need to know that?" That you got the dress at Goodwill,your hair is a wig,you are married and you are a boy..How many here honestly believe all of that would come out between two GG's in a bathroom conversation between strangers??

AllieSF
10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Read my post above. Yes, for you it is TMI and that is OK with me. But please do not try to convince others that their opinions are wrong. I get complimented a lot on my jewelry, which is 90% thrift store or on sale costume stuff that actually looks very good. No, I do not need to reveal that but I do a lot of the time in response to their compliments or questions. That is me and it works much more than very well for me. I am being honest, which is a big part of my personality. I do not need to hide it, nor let it go by without comment. I also want to get into conversations with others while out in guy and girl modes, wherever those conversations may start. You see, my being honest about that little compliment opens a lot of doors for me and lets that GG be more honest with me, which they are when we eventually get around to their love life, fears and frustrations in life.

Is a detailed and personal conversation common place in a ladies' restroom? Probably not, but it is also not that rare either. Some people, men and women, are very quiet and reserved about their personal lives. Others like myself and several here in this thread and Bree's thread are open, not so private, honest and a lot of fun to be around. Neither is better than the other. They just are.

So, in answer to your last question, I "honestly believe" that sometimes very personal and revealing conversations between total strangers happen under those circumstances, and you sometimes don't even need a bar atmosphere to hear them. Maybe one of the parties just needs to talk.

Tamara Croft
10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
:troll:

Thread done!